EU UGO 5th Nov - Not a single elementalist

Arheundel.6451

> @flog.3485 said:

> The big problem with tempest support is pretty much the fact that support firebrand is overperforming. Other than that, the sword is a bit lackluster. There is no need to have huge buffs to eles.

And by the way I also suspect people are bandwagoning on guardian as a support in general because it makes much more sense thematically.

Shout Tempest is perfectly viable for casual play. Firebrand is, in general, stronger, but Tempest is actually probably stronger versus full power comps (although you don't see many of those because of Scourge). After Firebrand and Scourge get nerfed, which is almost guaranteed come Tuesday, Auramancer will probably be back in the meta even at top tier. It never left the solo queue meta, though.

DPS Weaver is definitely a little undertuned, but keep in mind that the currently overperforming specs will be nerfed tomorrow. Weaver deserves some small buffs, but the main things it needs are nerfs to Spellbreaker and Firebrand. It's also worth noting that sword buffs for Weaver have already been confirmed, IIRC.

TL;DR - Why is this an issue now, with a balance patch tomorrow? If this was the case after the meta stabilized post-balance patch, I would understand the concern. As it stands, it's guaranteed to change tomorrow.

@"flog.3485" People are bandwagoning onto Firebrand support because it's way too strong against Scourge comps, and any comp that's not running a Scourge is at a disadvantage anyway. A mediocre Firebrand supplies more heals and cleanse than a good Tempest. Tempest can provide things like Shocking Aura, but what does that do against a Scourge? Tempest also provides some offense, but you don't need that extra damage when there's so much damage in the meta.

> @Jinks.2057 said:

> Ele mains get hysterical on two occassions

>

> 1. Ele drops out of meta

> 2. Ele isn't the most OP class in the game

>

> The class is fine and once the over performing things get nerfed tomorrow we'll see it go back to the "norm"

So much this...was so nice the 5 man cele ele winning tournaments pre hot

> @Kicast.1459 said:

> > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > Ele mains get hysterical on two occassions

> >

> > 1. Ele drops out of meta

> > 2. Ele isn't the most OP class in the game

> >

> > The class is fine and once the over performing things get nerfed tomorrow we'll see it go back to the "norm"

>

> So much this...was so nice the 5 man cele ele winning tournaments pre hot

You mean 2 cele Ele + 1 cele Engi + zerker(marauder later) Thief + carrion Necro (NA) / zerker(marauder later) Mesmer(EU) comps?

> @Whitworth.7259 said:

> I really don't think it has anything to do with Anet not liking eles. Look at the sheer amount of skills that came with Weaver. Clearly the elite spec that had the most man hours put into it. It's just a complicated class and the balance team seem to struggle with some of the simplest builds..

Actually Anet has said they put the most time and had the most difficult time with Soulbeast and it's mechanics. So nah.

And honestly, I'm not going to bother with explaining myself to people that have celestial meta PTSD

Pre-Hot > Somewhat damage

Hot > Heal

PoF > Heal or sad attempt at damage

WvW > Heal

PVE > Damage

Yes, much variety, especially when the class is only useful in groups and is clawing for damage by itself. Yes, this class is absolutely and totally #TopTier. Smh this community.

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> https://go.twitch.tv/videos/187871397

>

> Not even a tempest anymore...I can't really speak openly as the thread would be clamped down pretty quickly..so dunno really..all I can say **I am sorry..to all GW1 vets who used to enjoy playing ele**, I feel sorry for myself and I feel sorry for you...never again we will see that level of fun.

>

> I am not attempting anything with this thread, not expecting huge changes or some dev response...it's just demoralising and hugely disappointing ..

>

>

Let's not be so hasty as to equate dual enchantments, the overcast update, stoning people on an air/earth or E/N set-up, or shrine nuking in GW1 as anything remotely as unique, interesting or silly-fun compared to what GW2 ele provides.

Edit: Oh, you didn't. Carry on, then.

> @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> And honestly, I'm not going to bother with explaining myself to people that have celestial meta PTSD

>

> Pre-Hot > Somewhat damage

> Hot > Heal

> PoF > Heal or sad attempt at damage

> WvW > Heal

> PVE > Damage

>

> Yes, much variety, especially when the class is only useful in groups and is clawing for damage by itself. Yes, this class is absolutely and totally #TopTier. Smh this community.

Ele is considered a strong or fairly strong pick in every part of the game. You can't say that for every profession.

> @OlrunTheBlade.1486 said:

> @"flog.3485" People are bandwagoning onto Firebrand support because it's way too strong against Scourge comps, and any comp that's not running a Scourge is at a disadvantage anyway. A mediocre Firebrand supplies more heals and cleanse than a good Tempest. Tempest can provide things like Shocking Aura, but what does that do against a Scourge? Tempest also provides some offense, but you don't need that extra damage when there's so much damage in the meta.

Yes, I completely agree. My suspicion was just an afterthought.

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > @Kicast.1459 said:

> > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > Ele mains get hysterical on two occassions

> > >

> > > 1. Ele drops out of meta

> > > 2. Ele isn't the most OP class in the game

> > >

> > > The class is fine and once the over performing things get nerfed tomorrow we'll see it go back to the "norm"

> >

> > So much this...was so nice the 5 man cele ele winning tournaments pre hot

>

> You mean 2 cele Ele + 1 cele Engi + zerker(marauder later) Thief + carrion Necro (NA) / zerker(marauder later) Mesmer(EU) comps?

No the 4x Cele Ele + 1 Thief Meta

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > @Kicast.1459 said:

> > > @Jinks.2057 said:

> > > Ele mains get hysterical on two occassions

> > >

> > > 1. Ele drops out of meta

> > > 2. Ele isn't the most OP class in the game

> > >

> > > The class is fine and once the over performing things get nerfed tomorrow we'll see it go back to the "norm"

> >

> > So much this...was so nice the 5 man cele ele winning tournaments pre hot

>

> You mean 2 cele Ele + 1 cele Engi + zerker(marauder later) Thief + carrion Necro (NA) / zerker(marauder later) Mesmer(EU) comps?

Cele rifle engi was long dead by then. There was marauder rifle, but it wasn't necessary the way stacking elementalists was. The ideal comp was pretty much just four eles and a thief.