7/11-17 Patch predictions

Loop.8106

**Test of Faith** damage has been reduced by 7% in PvP only.

**Mightly Blow** damage has been reduced by 20% in Pvp only.

**True Shot** no longer pierces.

**Righteous Instincts** critical chance has been reduced to 33%.

**Shield of Courage** duration has been decreased to 3 seconds.

**"Save yourselves!"** now grants 2 seconds of resistance in PvE only.

**Signet of Wrath** cooldown has been decreased to 18 seconds in PvE only.

Brace yourselves for the nerfes to anything not Firebrand.

Nah, I'd rather being optimistic..

**All Mantras**: Casting time decreased to 1.5s (from 2.75s).

**All Mantras**: No longer cast in cone, but now have their radius increased to 240 (from 120).

**All Mantras**: Now keep their current charge state after changing maps.

**Renewed Justice**: Now also recharges 3 pages when killing a foe with Tome of Justice equipped.

**Weighty Terms**: No longer inflicts immobilize on final Mantra charge, but instead heal allies for 1500 on final charge.

**Legendary Lore**: Tome of Justice's skills now gain +33% burn duration. Tome of Resolve's skills now gain +33% healing output. Tome of Courage's skills now gain +33% boon duration.

**Bow of Truth**: Now also clear 1 condition per second. Radius increased to 300 (from 240). Removed light combo field to compensate.

**Sword of Justice**: Added whirl combo finisher.

**Shield of the Avenger**: Added blind.

> @Foxraging.1269 said:

> Whaaaaaat whyyyy the nerf on hammer? They don't want core guard viable?

>

> Hope this doesnt come true

ArenaNet have a history, which goes back to GW1, of avoiding nerfing the skill that is actually causing the problem and instead nerfing everything around it in an attempt to weaken the overall build, until eventually they admit that the skill that is actually causing the problem needs to be nerfed directly, nerfs it, and leaves the rest of the skills in a nerfed state that renders them virtually useless whenever they're _not_ being used in whichever OP or gimmicky build ArenaNet was trying to nerf in the first place.

I think this is the point Loop is making. With maybe an edge of cynical "they'll nerf everything that's a competitive Guardian build that isn't Firebrand to force people to buy PoF to get Firebrands" mixed in.

> @draxynnic.3719 said:

> ArenaNet have a history, which goes back to GW1, of avoiding nerfing the skill that is actually causing the problem and instead nerfing everything around it in an attempt to weaken the overall build, until eventually they admit that the skill that is actually causing the problem needs to be nerfed directly, nerfs it, and leaves the rest of the skills in a nerfed state that renders them virtually useless whenever they're _not_ being used in whichever OP or gimmicky build ArenaNet was trying to nerf in the first place.

LOL. That being said, I'm now afraid of Firebrand and Ashes of the Just.

Mine is more of a wishing list, not so much what i actually expect.

Mantra casting time reduced to 1,5s

Mantra range increased to 600 in a cone in front of the guardian

Mantras recharge automatically after zoning and after resurecting in pvp

The final charge on all mantras heal allies in a cone infront of the guardian

Activate a tome is now instant cast and tomes have 3s global cool down

All tomes now share the same pages as a resource

The number of pages has been increased.

Cast times on tome skills has been slightly reduced

Tomes cool down is removed

A direct damage component has been added to all tome skills.

The duration of the burning from Ashes of the Just has been reduced.

Staff has been reworked to fill the gap guardians has in ranged support.

Hammer has gone thru some QoL changes.

Great sword has gotten a slight damage increase on all skills

Mace chain has reduced cast time.

Skill 1 on scepter got a 20% increase in projectile speed to compensate for poor tracking.

Casting time on all skills on the axe has been slightly reduced.

Burning on skill one in the axe has been replaced with cripple

Casting time and duration on all symbols has been normalized

Virtues of Justice now applies 5 stacks of might when activated

Virtue of resolve has gotten the heal increased to match wings of resolve.

Virtue of courage now applies 5 stacks of aegis when activated

Superior aria now also applies barrier when a shout is used

Perfect inscriptions now allows the guardian to keep the passive after using a signet.

General changes:

Aegis now stack in intensity, max 5 stacks.

Regen now stacks in intensity instead of duration, max 5 stacks. The duration of regeneration has been reduced in all skills, traits and game modes.

As i wrote on other topic, i expect them to make lot of stuff less viable so we start need to use more PoF lame gimmicks than anything else...

I doubt SB and FB will be nerfed, max they might reduce ver very slightly some stuff... game is about carry badies at the end, stack n leech from the easy access to damage.

It is a pve game and even WvW and spvp is towards pve players...

Based on the nerfs that Firebrand has already gotten:

* Quickfire internal cooldown increased to 20 seconds.

* Quickfire now only has a 50% chance to proc on application of quickness.

* Quickness now only has a 50% chance to proc on application of aegis or stability given the proper traits.

* Quickfire now only applies 1 stack of Ashes.

* Quickfire now only applies Ashes to 3 allies.

* Allies that have received Ashes cannot be buffed with Ashes for 60 seconds.

* Tome of Justice cooldown is now 60 seconds.

* Tome of justice passive now triggers on 10 base hits rather than 5.

Obviously firebrands aren't intended to actually deal any damage, so the only viable damage spec must be removed from viability.

Pessimism aside: I'm hoping for QoL adjustments and a range increase on Mantras.

Patch up!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14429/game-release-notes-november-7-2017

For this update, we are focusing on the usability of firebrand mantras, which we feel are currently underperforming. By increasing the radius of these skills, we hope that they will be easier to use to support parties in conjunction with the existing tome skills. A few firebrand traits are also having their internal cooldowns adjusted to better synchronize with each other.

* Firebrand Rewards: Updated available stat combinations to use Viper, Trailblazer, and Marshal options. This change will reset your current helm pieces and weapons and will require you to reselect your stat preference.

**Skills**

* Firebrand tome skills now set each other on a 0.5-second cooldown upon equip.

* Mantras: Fixed a bug that prevented proper resetting of mantra charges while mounted.* Mantra of Flame: Increased the range of this skill from 300 to 450. Increased the radius of this skill from 120 to 180.

* Mantra of Lore: Increased the range of this skill from 300 to 450. Increased the radius of this skill from 120 to 180.

* Mantra of Liberation: Increased the range of this skill from 300 to 450. Increased the radius of this skill from 120 to 180.

* Mantra of Potence: Increased the range of this skill from 300 to 450. Increased the radius of this skill from 120 to 180.

* Mantra of Solace: Increased the range of this skill from 300 to 450. Increased the radius of this skill from 120 to 180.

* Mantra of Truth: Increased the range of this skill from 300 to 450. Increased the radius of this skill from 120 to 180.

**Traits**

* Healer's Retribution: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from granting retaliation when using Mantra of Solace's active skills: Restoring Reprieve and Rejuvenating Respite.

* Liberator's Vow: Reduced the internal cooldown on this trait from 12 seconds to 8 seconds.

* Stalwart Speed: Increased the internal cooldown on this trait from 5 seconds to 8 seconds.

* Quickfire: Reduced the stacks of Ashes of the Just granted by this trait from 2 to 1. Reduced the internal cooldown on this trait from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.

* Retribution: Fixed a bug that was erroneously displaying increased damage on sword and spear attacks.

"A few firebrand traits are also having their internal cooldowns adjusted to better synchronize with each other."

This just destroys my rotation for quickness. The aegis on the heal set both traits on internal cd. The overall cd has increased from 15s to 16s. Previously the traits had great synergy with rune of the monk, not so much now.

Am i missing something here but isnt this a huge nerf, changing the internal cd on the two quickness traits?

The traits was synchronized before, now they are redundant, or?

Mantras buff is not that significant. Another try to make these clunky skills work better. And under assumption we get buff with that change we were hitted hard. Both in terms of quickness application and quickfire halved... Bye bye good condi builds. Guard will drop down in DPS charts again to it's purity of purpose place - low tier prof.

I kind of guessed that Ashes of the Just to get nerfed. Stalwart Speed, did not seem to be a necessary nerf.

Man, we kept telling Anet from day one to scrap the silly cone application and stick to circle AOE. And guess, we are getting closer and closer to that now..

I was hoping Stoic Demeanor, core Virtues and Virtues line get some changes. Nope :(

Ashes of the Just isn't even OP in PvP... the F1 reduced burn nerf alone, from the previous balance patch, was what killed Condi FB guardians. So this Ash's stack removal was not warranted at all. Neither was Guardian rune's 2 second ICD. Lack of cd was what gave the rune uniqueness. Now not a single person will use it. If they do, they're just derping around.

What ever happened to, "separating balance to game modes"? Anet loves walking over their own words... This patch was a missed opportunity and a huge disappointment.

> @otto.5684 said:

> I kind of guessed that Ashes of the Just to get nerfed. Stalwart Speed, did not seem to be a necessary nerf.

>

> Man, we kept telling Anet from day one to scrap the silly cone application and stick to circle AOE. And guess, we are getting closer and closer to that now..

>

> I was hoping Stoic Demeanor, core Virtues and Virtues line get some changes. Nope :(

I also find very strange. They didn't touch anything that is useless at all (like Stoic Demeanor).

> @Saiyan.1704 said:

> Ashes of the Just isn't even OP in PvP... the F1 reduced burn nerf alone, from the previous balance patch, was what killed Condi FB guardians. So this Ash's stack removal was not warranted at all. Neither was Guardian rune's 2 second ICD. Lack of cd was what gave the rune uniqueness. Now not a single person will use it. If they do, they're just kitten around.

>

> What ever happened to, "separating balance to game modes"? Anet loves walking over their own words... This patch was a missed opportunity and a huge disappointment.

I was thinking to make a build around the runes of Guardian, but they're pretty much junk now. Why does they kill builds instead of increase the options? Also, the 6th bonus of Runes of Firebrand is really bad - 1 stack of 2 seconds on 45 sec CD, really? It could at least be +20% of burning duration if they want to avoid bursts.

> @Shampanix.3928 said:

> Mantras buff is not that significant. Another try to make these clunky skills work better. And under assumption we get buff with that change we were hitted hard. Both in terms of quickness application and quickfire halved... Bye bye good condi builds. Guard will drop down in DPS charts again to it's purity of purpose place - low tier prof.

The mantra overall area is 2.25x the size of the previous version. That is a pretty serious buff.