RIP Equilibrium (Herald trait)

BeepBoopBop.5403

"Equilibrium: This trait has been reworked and renamed Spirit Boon and grants a legend-specific boon to yourself and nearby allies when you invoke a new legend."

First of all, Invocation power revenant has been my favorite gw2 build since I discovered that Retribution power rev is garbage and Invocation power rev was bae maybe 2 months after HoT.

Idk exactly how removing this trait from the game helps power revenant, but either way Equilibrium was the definition of power revenant to me. Being able to survive and turn the battle around with a big burst in the right place, all while being rewarded for efficient energy management, gave me a hard on each fight.

With it gone, idk how you intend to make up for revenant damage after all the hard nerfs through the months. Because when I first tried revenant without Invocation + Equilibrium and even when I try Retribution Devastation Herald today, it does not have enough damage or sustain. At least Invocation + Equilibrium had enough damage that having little sustain was a fair price.

> @Arkantos.7460 said:

> mayby it was important for you but most other ppl never used this trait ....

Because most people don't play power revenant now because it's bad. Please tell me which trait most people took in Equilibriums slot, the one that grants 2 might on gaining fury (before buff)? The one that heals 300 HP every 5s? Both those other traits were garbage, and are probably still garbage after today's patch.

> @Arkantos.7460 said:

> mayby it was important for you but most other ppl never used this trait ....

Nope, everyone who runs power herald with invo uses this trait. This change was completely unnecessary, like most of them. This patch got no benefits for power revenant anet just slightly buffed condi revs with the new GM trait on invocation.

RIP Power Revs it was the shortest ride EVER lol

Depressing, that's all I can say. What little faith I had in the balance team is just gone.

Since HoT release Rev went from a profession which builds up energy and pulls the brakes on offense in exchange for a burst, to spamming auto attacks with quickness for burst.

Why is Anet constantly removing things that add complexity and choice?

> @Gandarel.5091 said:

> Depressing, that's all I can say. What little faith I had in the balance team is just gone.

>

> Since HoT release Rev went from a profession which builds up energy and pulls the brakes on offense in exchange for a burst, to spamming auto attacks with quickness for burst.

>

> Why is Anet constantly removing things that add complexity and choice?

Agree with the loss of remaining faith in GW2 balance.

IMO what happened to revenant was a mix of really high skill cap (a good revenant is worth 3 mediocre ones) along with public refusal to L2P (revenant is the least played class in all game modes except maybe WvW, meaning the least amount of people know how to play one. There's still people out there that smash their heads into Infuse Light and say it's OP).

Everything about power rev balance was just OP OP OP the revenant gave me ouchies WTF NERF IT NERF IT NOW -> surge of the mist nerfed 15%, 15% again, then finally 50%. Replay that scenario among every offense and defense revenant has, and you get today's revenant!

> @Gandarel.5091 said:

> Depressing, that's all I can say. What little faith I had in the balance team is just gone.

>

> Since HoT release Rev went from a profession which builds up energy and pulls the brakes on offense in exchange for a burst, to spamming auto attacks with quickness for burst.

>

Because they like doing things in a repetitive and unimaginative way.

"We also took a hard look at the Invocation trait line and removed several of the harder-to-use traits based on energy thresholds."

You actually have it in writing now that the developers want to reduce the skill ceiling.

> @Gandarel.5091 said:

>

>

Fully functioning non-bugged skills which differentiate skilled from mediocre players must be removed from the game. Some people found it difficult, so we can't use it now. This is the direction that anet has been going for a while but now there is undeniable proof. Might based on energy management- that sounds tough. People enjoy facerolling their keyboard, and players that use their brains have an unfair advantage. At least we now know why the renegade is having such a hard time in PVP...the offhand sword. Now if you want a block you have to lose your mainhand weapon. Impressive overall. And the 6 month cycle of balancing will be in effect as anet is going on their chistmas break with the release of this update.

> @nicknamenick.2437 said:

> So uhm i dont play rev..

>

> But why is it bad now?

> You used to do some dmg or heal on lgend swap. Now it does dmg + other effect like stability or weakness. Doesnt this look better? What am i missing?.

>

> Again i dont play Rev. But i was wondering

The damage is ridiculously lower compared to what used to be. For example, in WvW revs could reach between 4k and 6,5k with the average of marauders stats, the number could be higher with beserkers. The other changes in the Grand Master traits of invocation are in the same as "Roiling Mists" which doubles fury's efficency from 20% crit chance to 40% which makes them pretty much useless since nobody would choose any of that over RM.

We asked them for a better energy management mainly because of how hard it was to proc equilibrium while managing energy resources + cooldown of the skills, but when we finally get the damn thing we've asked so much they decide to remove equilibrium which turns the purpose of the trait into something almost pointless, it will give you only 1 maybe 2 extra skill activation while disregarding the trait I mentioned earlir to boost fury.

The changes to sword off hand were ridiculous too because they tried to "fix" the identity crisis of the weapon but ended up giving it the same purpose as axe off hand which has greater range and is unblockable with a better CC, so to sum up it's like a shitty version of axe off hand.

So yeah, the changes were pretty much more of a nerf than a buff to revs.

Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

> @"Miles Smiles.8951" said:

> > @narcx.3570 said:

> > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> >

> >... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

>

> Which gets converted into weakness 2 seconds into any fight. Thanks for support tho

Yea, that didn't happen before when equilibrium was... oh that's right. Scourges are still around.

> @narcx.3570 said:

> Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

>

> I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

not exactly that simple...removing Equilibrium

1) destroyed existing invocation power revenant playstyle, idk about any other revs here but I have had to alter my rotations a lot since equilibrium got removed, relying more and more on autos for damage

2) IMO makes revs weaker to thieves, mesmers, and anything slippery. Equilibrium was my go to response when getting ganked by a thief for example, and is really the only instant damage (think Smite Condition) that revenant had. Without it, the class feels awkward and can't land damage without being extremely obvious about it.

Incensed Response is kind of crazy right now but thats the thing. It either gets nerfed with an ICD, and if it doesn't, its still a glaringly cheap bandaid that revenant did not even need (seriously more might?).

> @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > @narcx.3570 said:

> > Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

> >

> > I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

>

> not exactly that simple...removing Equilibrium

>

> 1) destroyed existing invocation power revenant playstyle, idk about any other revs here but I have had to alter my rotations a lot since equilibrium got removed, relying more and more on autos for damage

>

yes, and we already had to adjust the playstyle not so long ago, when they removed hydro leeching procs.

> @narcx.3570 said:

> Equilibrium in sPvP had a base damage of 425(1.6) and cost you 55 energy.

>

> I'm sure all of you high-skill-ceiling-yolo-revs will find a way to turn that 55 energy into much more damage than that... Especially when you have 25 stacks of might three seconds into any fight from IR.

Don't forget -20% damage in PvP.

All these chicken littles proclaiming the sky is falling.

Edit: Oops this is the PvP damage. Disregard! The sky still isn't falling though.