I wish reddit cared about pvp as much as they do about mount skins

Kuya.6495

> @"Solidaris.5423" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > @"Solidaris.5423" said:

> >

> > > Both PvP and WvW is full of toxic elitists ,sorry in your word veterans,

> >

> > If you think toxicity is the main reason why a game fails or succeeds then you are being rather naive.

> >

> > GW2 toxicity is nothing compared to most bigger PvP titles.

> >

> > It's garbage balance, no gamemode variety, inaction vs hackers/wintraders, and Anet's crusade against community building is what does this game in.

> >

>

> Again pointing at others and saying they are worse is not a solution to be not hated. As I said you should do something to the toxic members of the PvP community so the "PvE noobs" will come and help you out.

>

> So again clean your own yard first.

>

> If you want this game mode to get up than DON'T TOLERATE TOXIC BEHAVIOUR JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE GAMES WHICH ARE MORE TOXIC! Show the ones outside that they are welcome and will not be attacked / harassed because they are not experienced yet.

>

> If you can get more people to join thanks to you being more open minded more people will help you out with the hackers / win traders and other problems.

With all due respect..the pvers who do come to PvP do so to farm rewards, they don't care to lose or win as the system rewards you anyway, many are happy to declare on map chat how they're there just to get the gold reward **but a pvper going pve to try raid for fun, get immediately shut down, it's meta DPS hero build, gear check or gtfo**

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> To be honest you do not see PvE players going "OMG NOOB PVP / WvW PLAYER GET OUT OF MAH GAME MODE!" Not to mention you can still see fractal parties who are trying to help and tutor newbies while having fun and guild who like to help new players in raids.

There are PvP guilds that try and help newer players, there are players that genuinely try and give useful advice in a polite manner, etc, now of course there are players that will berate others for playing class X, being useless, etc, but then behaving like a twat happens in PvE also, e.g - guilds have kicked non-guild players at the boss to let one of the guild members in, instakicking class X because it is "useless", etc.

> PvE toxicity only affects PvE players. Still it is really bad but at least they don't degrade you for playing a different game mode.

Wrong, the most "toxic" players in the game are PvE players that go to PvP or WvW to farm rewards in the most obnoxious way possible, such as AFKing for hours in WvW on a queued map, doing little to nothing to just keep up their "participation", or who go into PvP matches and barely try because they get rewards anyway, if a WvW/PvP player joined a raid, fractal, etc and behaved like that they would get kicked, the hypocriscy of the PvE "community" is laughable.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Solidaris.5423" said:

> > > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > > @"Solidaris.5423" said:

> > >

> > > > Both PvP and WvW is full of toxic elitists ,sorry in your word veterans,

> > >

> > > If you think toxicity is the main reason why a game fails or succeeds then you are being rather naive.

> > >

> > > GW2 toxicity is nothing compared to most bigger PvP titles.

> > >

> > > It's garbage balance, no gamemode variety, inaction vs hackers/wintraders, and Anet's crusade against community building is what does this game in.

> > >

> >

> > Again pointing at others and saying they are worse is not a solution to be not hated. As I said you should do something to the toxic members of the PvP community so the "PvE noobs" will come and help you out.

> >

> > So again clean your own yard first.

> >

> > If you want this game mode to get up than DON'T TOLERATE TOXIC BEHAVIOUR JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE GAMES WHICH ARE MORE TOXIC! Show the ones outside that they are welcome and will not be attacked / harassed because they are not experienced yet.

> >

> > If you can get more people to join thanks to you being more open minded more people will help you out with the hackers / win traders and other problems.

>

> With all due respect..the pvers who do come to PvP do so to farm rewards, they don't care to lose or win as the system rewards you anyway, many are happy to declare on map chat how they're there just to get the gold reward **but a pvper going pve to try raid for fun, get immediately shut down, it's meta DPS hero build, gear check or gtfo**

And I am not denying toxicity does not exist in PvE but I am not pointing to PvP players saying they are toxic too.

Yes there are PvE players who come for the daily gold.... Maybe you could have a civilised chat with them and make them try out the game mode more instead?

Also I have seen plenty times guilds who are eager to teach you raiding and won't care of your equipment. Maybe they will tell you that some equipment would be better but will not drop you out. I haven't seen this behaviour in PvP.

But again you are pointing at others. "They are mean to so it should be OK for us to be mean as well" mentality and the thing that people are not open to new players is too common in all game modes.

So I must repeat myself: If you want people to treat your favourite game mode better YOU should treat them better. Treating people better will get them in your game mode which will result more people giving feedback which will mean that ANet will see the game mode getting more popular which will result in them looking at it more deeply.

So...could we stop pointing at others and DO something to make the game mode popular or will we be miserably crying how unpopular we are?

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > To be honest you do not see PvE players going "OMG NOOB PVP / WvW PLAYER GET OUT OF MAH GAME MODE!" Not to mention you can still see fractal parties who are trying to help and tutor newbies while having fun and guild who like to help new players in raids.

>

> There are PvP guilds that try and help newer players, there are players that genuinely try and give useful advice in a polite manner, etc, now of course there are players that will berate others for playing class X, being useless, etc, but then behaving like a kitten happens in PvE also, e.g - guilds have kicked non-guild players at the boss to let one of the guild members in, instakicking class X because it is "useless", etc.

>

> > PvE toxicity only affects PvE players. Still it is really bad but at least they don't degrade you for playing a different game mode.

>

> Wrong, the most "toxic" players in the game are PvE players that go to PvP or WvW to farm rewards in the most obnoxious way possible, such as AFKing for hours in WvW on a queued map, doing little to nothing to just keep up their "participation", or who go into PvP matches and barely try because they get rewards anyway, if a WvW/PvP player joined a raid, fractal, etc and behaved like that they would get kicked, the hypocriscy of the PvE "community" is laughable.

>

>

So because they are toxic we should tolerate people who are toxic in PvP? My greatest point is that YOU need to be the bigger guy. YOU need to prove the game mode is great and YOU need to be open minded. PvE players who are farming for rewards can do it in Custom Arenas just tell them they can get what they want there even faster.

For WvW....To get participation they need to do something right? And if they don't do anything for sometimes that will start to go down. Slap that thing to go down faster or be more difficult to get and you will get reduced numbers of AFKers.

To be honest I have never met or seen a guild who was eager to teach PvP to new players advertising themselves anywhere in LA or in the PvP Lobby. I will give more attention to that.

Instead of playing the miserable little guy who hates everyone for hating them you should stand up and show that yes you are a mature and helpful community and will help anyone who needs it to grow the game mode.

> > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> So because they are toxic we should tolerate people who are toxic in PvP? My greatest point is that YOU need to be the bigger guy. YOU need to prove the game mode is great...

Well putting aside I barely play the game anymore, your whole premise is incorrect, "toxicity", elitism, etc is a minor factor in regard to the success of a PvP game, take LoL as an example the community there is known for being "toxic", yet it has 80 million+ players, more than every western MMORPG combined.

> For WvW....To get participation they need to do something right? And if they don't do anything for sometimes that will start to go down.

You can spend 1 supply on repairing a wall and get participation then go AFK for 5/10 mins, all the time whilst taking a spot in a queued map, I can't imagine that would go down to well in PvE raids, fractals, etc where a player simply tagged the boss then went off to the side and went AFK, but apparently PvE players think that is fine in WvW...

> Instead of playing the miserable little guy who hates everyone for hating them you should stand up and show that yes you are a mature and helpful community and will help anyone who needs it to grow the game mode.

LOL, I'm not miserable, I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of PvE players when they go on about elitism or toxic behavior in PvP without looking at their own gamemode or "community" and the flawed "logic" of things like the state of PvP being down to "toxicity", or even the delusion that it or indeed this game as a whole will grow.

As you've apparently missed it the MMORPG genre is in decline and a 6 year old MMORPG that is way past its prime is not going to meaningfully grow any part of its game at this stage or in this climate, all that will happen will be the odd temporary boost for an expansion and then the trend will be back to decline, and that includes PvE which is also a fraction of what it once was.

P.S - Just to be clear I'm not saying that it wouldn't be preferable if PvP (and for that matter PvE) had less players who were let's say badly behaved, but merely that is not going to magically grow PvP to any extent nor that it was the reason most PvP players have left the game.

> Maybe your game mode is dying not because ANET or the "dirty PvE peasants" but you guys... Firstly I play all three gamemodes before you start bashing me being a "PvE looser".

>

> Both PvP and WvW is full of toxic elitists ,sorry in your word veterans, who do not give chance for newcomers to grow and experience the mode. Nope... a player doing badly?

> "kitten SAJSHDJASBHDBWQHDQZWD GET OUT OF MAH GAMEMODE PVE NOOB!!! ASDASDSADSADSADSA"

>

> Don't try to deny it. This happens too often. Maybe clean out your own yard before criticising others. Maybe start being more acceptable and open with new players...

> Or just throw garbage on me and call me a PvE noob for not defending your gamemode and calling others name because they don't like a community full of "veterans"

I'm ~~PVP scum ~~ a pvper and I agree with this statement.

The PVP scene is incredibly unforgiving to people who know what they're doing, much less the people looking to try to pick it up. This is supposed to be a game that people play for fun, and the moment you take fun out of a game by having a playerbase that is consistently vile and impolite, you lose the right to ask why nobody wants to play it. Only people that thrive on player conflict or can overcome it regularly pvp/wvw. That is unsurprisingly a small fraction of the people that actually play, which is why generally we get the back seat for balancing.

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> Lol.

>

> Gw2 Reddit has always been cesspool. Those people play gw2 for reasons not tied to the gameplay, and over the years have attracted others I'm sure.

>

>

>

>

> Reddit quality threads.

>

>

>

>

Not that it's bad, but definitely it's not serious. Besides, any good pvp threads tend to soak in and drown in the first hours under circle jerk threads. Gw2 reddit is for PvE and casuals.

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > So because they are toxic we should tolerate people who are toxic in PvP? My greatest point is that YOU need to be the bigger guy. YOU need to prove the game mode is great...

>

> Well putting aside I barely play the game anymore, your whole premise is incorrect, "toxicity", elitism, etc is a minor factor in regard to the success of a PvP game, take LoL as an example the community there is known for being "toxic", yet it has 80 million+ players, more than probably every western MMORPG combined.

>

LoL is a different genre to be honest. But I get your point it is toxic but successful. Why is it successful? Maybe because the community is doing their best to prove the game can be fun and new players are welcome to join? Maybe because if you loose you or someone from your team will not be flamed for sure just because of lack of experience? Maybe because the game was designed successfully for e-sports and too many players try to get a career after seeing that few had reached that goal? Okay maybe the latter one is the secret of their success....

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > For WvW....To get participation they need to do something right? And if they don't do anything for sometimes that will start to go down.

>

> You can spend 1 supply on repairing a wall and get participation then go AFK for 5/10 mins, all the time whilst taking a spot in a queued map, I can't imagine that would go down to well in PvE raids, fractals, etc where a player simply tagged the boss then went off to the side and went AFK, but apparently PvE players think that is fine in WvW...

>

If your character won't move a zone without doing any action then it should be thrown back to the character screen then. To be honest I have never seen anyone in EU being AFK in WvW or acting like that.

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > Instead of playing the miserable little guy who hates everyone for hating them you should stand up and show that yes you are a mature and helpful community and will help anyone who needs it to grow the game mode.

>

> LOL, I'm not miserable, I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of PvE players when they go on about elitism or toxic behavior in PvP without looking at their own gamemode or "community" and the flawed "logic" of things like the state of PvP being down to "toxicity", or the delusion that it or indeed this game as a whole will grow, as you've apparently missed it the MMORPG genre is in decline and a 6 year old MMORPG that is way past its prime is not going to meaningfully grow any part of its game at this stage or in this climate, all that will happen will be the odd temporary boost for an expansion and then the trend will be back to decline, and that includes PvE which is also a fraction of what it once was.

>

"I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of PvE players when they go on about elitism or toxic behavior in PvP without looking at their own gamemode " .... You are playing the blaming game then ... Why care about them if you don't like them? I actually feel like even if I would try to help PvP-ers I would be openly attacked no matter what I say because I do not agree with you about PvE players being bad. Why can't you guys just admit that it is easier to play the blame game isntead of stepping up and trying to do something for the mode like I don't know if your team is loosing telling the players IN A MATURE way what you have done wrong as a team or as individuals. They are toxic and won't listen even when you explain calmly and kindly? Move on don't give in and start being a douche yourself.

As I said the first thing to get this game mode to shine is all of us standing up and saying that we welcome new faces and can help you with learning. Oh there are people taking advantage of the game mode? Don't care about them just have fun

> I actually feel like even if I would try to help PvP-ers I would be openly attacked no matter what I say because I do not agree with you about PvE players being bad.

Hit the nail on the head there, lol.

> telling the players IN A MATURE way what you have done wrong as a team or as individuals. They are toxic and won't listen even when you explain calmly and kindly?

Lmao, people in PVP don't read. And if you suggest they should it only gets you bashed/blamed.

> Move on don't give in and start being a kitten yourself.

T o o l a t e.

PVPers may not like what he's saying, but he has a point. Haven't met more than 5 people on this game willing to explain how things work in pvp. They just expect you to automatically know, and then laugh at you when you dont. You usually just fail forward until you learn on your own, and i'm pretty sure a lot of people dont have the skin to do that for less loot than they make in pve.

> >"@zinkz.7045" said:

>> LOL, I'm not miserable, I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of PvE players when they go on about elitism or toxic behavior in PvP without looking at their own gamemode or "community" and the flawed "logic" of things like the state of PvP being down to "toxicity", or the delusion that it or indeed this game as a whole will grow,

That sounds pretty miserable objectively. PVE doesn't have to look at their own game mode, we're the ones complaining that we're drowning in reddits because mounts are more important, right?

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> Cancer isn't a swear word. Also its a well known fact that Anet cares much more for the PVE aspect of this game and its gemstore. No need for thread after thread to beat that dead horse.

>

I got an infraction for it once, pavlov tells me otherwise~

And this is indeed correct, but it never hurts to shine a light on potential things we could do to balance the scales a bit. Even if it's veiled in grating sarcasm.

Actually i always played PvP because i liked making easy strategies regarding team compos and regarding solo queue, playing the least risky possible. Lately, it is complicated because of holosmiths and scourges, but i'm never going to say someone " you're bad " because he died several times , instead i will say something like " don't go there, play other points ".

The real issue , which is getting boring , is that people do not listen nor do read the chat. This season i've rock bottomed my rating because i lost a big number of unlosable matchs. Same scenario happening over and over : We easily hold sides 5v4 because opponent has a tank sitting mid, until 1-2 people wanna fight mid, die there, leading to the snowball effect of being tri-capped . Then you manage to recap sides, people go again mid, die there, and match ends in a 500-450, although it could easily be 500-250.

At first i didn't care, but this happens way too much and is really annoying. That being said, i'm still convinced PoF builds have a huge impact in that toxicity

> @"Abazigal.3679" said:

> but i'm never going to say someone " you're bad " because he died several times , instead i will say something like " don't go there, play other points ".

> The real issue , which is getting boring , is that people do not listen nor do read the chat.

The -real- real issue is that so many people have done the former, that now everyone does the latter unless they are in premades, which by nature outperform pugs anyway.

Hell, if I was just there for loot and didn't actually crave the dopamine rush from winning, I'd turn my chat AND whispers off because 90% of the time its bad advice or harassment. And if I could turn off the incessant map beeping and drawing, I'd do that too.

Its funny how a little ignorance and a little toxicity get locked in a death spiral and keep making each other worse.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

>

> > I actually feel like even if I would try to help PvP-ers I would be openly attacked no matter what I say because I do not agree with you about PvE players being bad.

>

> Hit the nail on the head there, lol.

>

> > telling the players IN A MATURE way what you have done wrong as a team or as individuals. They are toxic and won't listen even when you explain calmly and kindly?

>

> Lmao, people in PVP don't read. And if you suggest they should it only gets you bashed/blamed.

>

> > Move on don't give in and start being a kitten yourself.

>

> T o o l a t e.

> PVPers may not like what he's saying, but he has a point. Haven't met more than 5 people on this game willing to explain how things work in pvp. They just expect you to automatically know, and then laugh at you when you dont. You usually just fail forward until you learn on your own, and i'm pretty sure a lot of people dont have the skin to do that for less loot than they make in pve.

>

First of all thank you for understanding and agreeing to my point in one of your previous post. I wish I could change the thinking of only a handful of people to see that playing Blame Wars 2 will not get the job done.

Well hopefully they will see one day that being open and welcoming does help to make the mode shine again.

Secondly to all of you. Let's see the post on the PvP section right now. After an hour of searching through I found.... almost nothing positive or helpful. Before you go keyboard warrior yes there are some post which request some help and are answered really well and refreshingly a mature way but most of the post is crying about various things. I start to see why ANet has a difficult time figuring out balance and such when 90% of the time they only receive pointless negativity.

So once again I will try to explain to everyone....

Stop playing the blaming game.

Stop using the excuse that because one part of the users are like this it is okay for use to be like this.

Stop raging when your team is not doing well and spamming the chat and / or map with nonsense.

Stop ignoring the hate done by the immature people who love to play Blame Wars 2.

Step up a bit! Help out a bit! Every One of you was a newbie at one point. Before critising an inexperienced player THINK how you would have reacted if you would been treated the same way you or anyone in your match is being toxic to an individual.

They won't listen to you? They are there just for the rewards? Move on! You lost a match. And? Big deal start another match. Experiment with different builds. Try out something new. ASk around the chat if you could help anyone or if you they have any question. Stop seeing only the negativity and start searching for the positive aspects

Small steps people. Small steps. But many small steps can get to your destination.

Yeah, I really think PvP has a massive problem with its toxic players. And yes it is a simple fact that GW2 can do without PvP but not PvE. (I don't think GW should do that but that's not the point here)

But I have to agree 100% that the GW2 subreddit is filled with weird pictures, stories and ideas celebrated by even weirder people. And imo this gets with every year passing by worse and worse. It's frequented by absolute fanboys with rose tinted glasses that couldn't even think of writing something critical or having a real discussion about the state of the game.

But that's not unusual. I play many games and whenever a game is a bit of a "niche game" and not something like Battlefront, CoD etc from a huge publisher that the general public openly dislikes, the subreddits are a useless source for someone that wants to get an objective view of where the game is atm, since these subreddits are filled with said fanboys that can write weeks and months about someone that got sent a Quaggan plush figure or whatever.

GW2 is quite an "childish" game in my opinion. The whole story and atmosphere has this undertone that tries too hard to be funny and all too often, when it just isn't. I think GW2 would have been much more successful if it had a more serious atmosphere, if the game was a bit more scary maybe it would have brought a wider audience. If it wasn't so childish in aspects, maybe it wouldn't reflect childishness. GW1 was nothing like GW2 in terms of the atmosphere from what I can remember. I mean don't get me wrong sometimes aspects of the "comedy" does make me laugh but 9/10 I'm laughing at the game, not with it, it's almost like an embarrassing laugh.

I hope Anet will give up on making another guild wars and make something way more serious and hard hitting, with a bigger focus on the amazing combat system and gameplay mechanics they have developed. I wouldn't mind if certain races characteristics were dropped in favour of easier developing too. GW2 has a lot going for it in terms of gameplay/mechanics, but I think Anet need to create a game with the atmosphere of GW1 and said gameplay/mechanics of GW2.

> @"Juidodin.5829" said:

> > @Exciton.8942 said:

> > So yeah, PvP is a very small scene.

>

> because it sucks as it is.. matchmaker is a bad random generator, balance is kitten, gameplay is stupid Condi spam, ancient hacks still not fixed, etc.

>

>

Match maker not bad. Match maker not magic. If there are no players...it has to fill in someone! This is what happens when you ignore fundamental issues that affect player retention.

My problem with the reddit is it's infinitely easier to get a red response there than here.

The poor redditiquette and even worse moderation should ensure zero support from Anet.

Here's a test to do.

1. Someone post a thread about real legit PvP issues

2. A different person post some shitty art of their character

See who gets up votes and who gets down votes.