I wish reddit cared about pvp as much as they do about mount skins

Kuya.6495

> @Cyczer.7834 said:

> It is not just pvp and wvw , pve is kitten aswell, not even a single aspect of pve is challenging, everyone runs maximized damage output, totally neglecting survivability . I could just mash my head on the keyboard and manage to live an entire tequatl. There is no variants in builds, everyone running same sets and anet's logic of balance is basically making everything equally stupid and broken lol.

PvE has always been like that. In fact I think it used to be worse. Anyone remember when people ran the stacking simulators known as dungeons?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Cyczer.7834 said:

> It is not just pvp and wvw , pve is kitten aswell, not even a single aspect of pve is challenging, everyone runs maximized damage output, totally neglecting survivability . I could just mash my head on the keyboard and manage to live an entire tequatl. There is no variants in builds, everyone running same sets and anet's logic of balance is basically making everything equally stupid and broken lol.

Well if you believe that ANet's logic is stupid and broken. Then that sounds like "YOU" issue. You might also have re-evaluate, if or not GW2 in it's current form a game for you.

My advice to you is to do what I'm currently doing. Take a break from GW2, and keep your eyes towards to forums. Just incase things changes for what you deemed for the better.

One of the actual good thing about GW2. Is you can take a 12 month or more break from the game. Come back and be if not the same, very close to where you left it.

> @Kuya.6495 said:

> Then maybe anet would actually talk to us about what they intend, in depth, behind their changes and what their plans are and maybe we'd get balance patches for pvp every 2-3 weeks.

>

> Instead though, rather than about gameplay, this entire media storm is about having pretty colored mounts. Meanwhile, i'm here just wishing for more frequent pvp centered balance adjustments.

If you think about it, all PoF is about is mounts, maps designed for mounts and now mount skins.

Sadly, this seems to be eating a big portion of Anet resources and it is all short sighted short term gain.

I used to like Anet pre PoF release, but PoF maps, the lack of class balance, followed by terrible changes are clear indication of how things are gonna roll going forward. And now gambling emphasis, which is predatory behavior and should be considered illegal to begin with.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> If you haven’t noticed on Reddit anything related to PvP gets downvotes instantly to the void, and if anything shows the signs of requiring/adding effort into the Game is almost Taboo to the PvErs and will be shunned, but post pictures and threads of quaggans or cupcakes and boom instant acceptance and success!

>

> It’s a sad state when 2/3rds of the Game modes are almost completely ignored with meaningful updates and at the whim of the PvE population when they don’t even revolve around PvE.

reddit is full of bots don't be surprised if they are trying to control the conversation over there.

Some of the mount skins are an eye-sore. It's not RNG if you're forced to buy the 9600 gem package. That's pretty darn expensive. It makes sense for them as a business though to put their resources on streams that generate lots of revenue for them. Not sure if the more competitive pvpers will commit to purchases like that.

I bought both xpacs but never graduated to the basics. I still have the default raptor. I tried upgrading but I didn't have enough mastery points, lol, no idea how to even get those.

• 3 months later...

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @Cyczer.7834 said:

> > It is not just pvp and wvw , pve is kitten aswell, not even a single aspect of pve is challenging, everyone runs maximized damage output, totally neglecting survivability . I could just mash my head on the keyboard and manage to live an entire tequatl. There is no variants in builds, everyone running same sets and anet's logic of balance is basically making everything equally stupid and broken lol.

>

> PvE has always been like that. In fact I think it used to be worse. Anyone remember when people ran the stacking simulators known as dungeons?

i´ve came back after a break and did some PvE ... and i noticed some dissapointment after running dungeons

have they always been this BORING?

and so EASY?

i mean wtf, i remember stuggling in these dungeons 5 years ago...and somehow having fun

but now ... the dungons need a rework aswell ... URGENTLY

all they do is change fractals and raids

Maybe your game mode is dying not because ANET or the "dirty PvE peasants" but you guys... Firstly I play all three gamemodes before you start bashing me being a "PvE looser".

Both PvP and WvW is full of toxic elitists ,sorry in your word veterans, who do not give chance for newcomers to grow and experience the mode. Nope... a player doing badly?

"OMFG SAJSHDJASBHDBWQHDQZWD GET OUT OF MAH GAMEMODE PVE NOOB!!! ASDASDSADSADSADSA"

Don't try to deny it. This happens too often. Maybe clean out your own yard before criticising others. Maybe start being more acceptable and open with new players...

Or just throw garbage on me and call me a PvE noob for not defending your gamemode and calling others name because they don't like a community full of "veterans"

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> >

> GW2 PvE was some of the least enjoyable kitten I've ever had the misfortune to have to play. I dropped the game 3 times on my first ever run to level 80 because of the brain dead PvE in this game. And here we have the GW2 subreddit that LIVES for that kitten and stupid memes.

>

> kitten GW2 PvE.

Im sorry but can you please show me a game that is as fun as GW2 (or more in your case) on the journey of 1 to max level? Because i play for 10 years and never found anything close to the amount of fun GW2 gave to me on 1-80.

> @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > >

> > GW2 PvE was some of the least enjoyable kitten I've ever had the misfortune to have to play. I dropped the game 3 times on my first ever run to level 80 because of the brain dead PvE in this game. And here we have the GW2 subreddit that LIVES for that kitten and stupid memes.

> >

> > kitten GW2 PvE.

>

> Im sorry but can you please show me a game that is as fun as GW2 (or more in your case) on the journey of 1 to max level? Because i play for 10 years and never found anything close to the amount of fun GW2 gave to me on 1-80.

Play another 10 years and maybe you discover that fun is subjective.

> Eventually PvErs are going to look for other things to do, they will stumble upon how terribly mistreated PvP is, and they will leave too. Its really not looking good for guild wars 2...

>

If you think the people in question arent already actively cheering the death of your game mode for it's rampant toxicity you are kidding yourself.

> @"Solidaris.5423" said:

> Both PvP and WvW is full of toxic elitists ,sorry in your word veterans,

If you think toxicity is the main reason why a game fails or succeeds then you are being rather naive.

GW2 toxicity is nothing compared to most bigger PvP titles.

It's garbage balance, no gamemode variety, inaction vs hackers/wintraders, and Anet's crusade against community building is what does this game in.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > Eventually PvErs are going to look for other things to do, they will stumble upon how terribly mistreated PvP is, and they will leave too. Its really not looking good for guild wars 2...

> >

> If you think the people in question arent already actively cheering the death of your game mode for it's rampant toxicity you are kidding yourself.

>

>

Which is amusing as they seemingly don't even realize the state PvE is in, or why healthy game modes are good for the game overall (one of the reasons a 15 year old MMORPG that charges a sub is still more successful than also rans like GW2), or why competitive game modes produce things like more "elitism".

It is also amusing given the behavior of the PvE players, where in some respects things like "elitism" is far worse than in PvP/WvW, there is a thread today asking for certain guilds to stop publishing benchmarks because the "friendly", non-elitist PvE community has no problem instakicking people not playing by the "right" class., in this respect I'd say the GW2 PvE "community" is one of the worst I've ever seen in a MMORPG, it is not even as if the PvE is 'challenging' like say in Wildstar, when I compare the GW2 PvE "community" to long ago when I played LOTRO, let's just say GW2 does not come out well and should take a look at themselves before pointing fingers at PvP/WvW.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > >

> > > GW2 PvE was some of the least enjoyable kitten I've ever had the misfortune to have to play. I dropped the game 3 times on my first ever run to level 80 because of the brain dead PvE in this game. And here we have the GW2 subreddit that LIVES for that kitten and stupid memes.

> > >

> > > kitten GW2 PvE.

> >

> > Im sorry but can you please show me a game that is as fun as GW2 (or more in your case) on the journey of 1 to max level? Because i play for 10 years and never found anything close to the amount of fun GW2 gave to me on 1-80.

>

> Play another 10 years and maybe you discover that fun is subjective.

Good thing I don't have to play to see that you have a really bad taste, but whatever, is subjective anyway

I used to frequent the GW2 reddit, thinking it was better than these forums ... but it really isn't. The amount of useless posts is STAGGERING. There is almost zero meaningful discussions on GW2 reddit.

I like these forums MUCH more (still hard to get decent discussions going sometimes though).

I just wish there was more communication from devs. Or even CMs. Right now, I feel like I may as well be giving feedback to the sea. "Too wavy. Too cold. Too much fish piss."

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"Solidaris.5423" said:

>

> > Both PvP and WvW is full of toxic elitists ,sorry in your word veterans,

>

> If you think toxicity is the main reason why a game fails or succeeds then you are being rather naive.

>

> GW2 toxicity is nothing compared to most bigger PvP titles.

>

> It's garbage balance, no gamemode variety, inaction vs hackers/wintraders, and Anet's crusade against community building is what does this game in.

>

Again pointing at others and saying they are worse is not a solution to be not hated. As I said you should do something to the toxic members of the PvP community so the "PvE noobs" will come and help you out.

So again clean your own yard first.

If you want this game mode to get up than DON'T TOLERATE TOXIC BEHAVIOUR JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE GAMES WHICH ARE MORE TOXIC! Show the ones outside that they are welcome and will not be attacked / harassed because they are not experienced yet.

If you can get more people to join thanks to you being more open minded more people will help you out with the hackers / win traders and other problems.

> @"witcher.3197" said:

> > @"Solidaris.5423" said:

>

> > Both PvP and WvW is full of toxic elitists ,sorry in your word veterans,

>

> If you think toxicity is the main reason why a game fails or succeeds then you are being rather naive.

>

> GW2 toxicity is nothing compared to most bigger PvP titles.

>

> It's garbage balance, no gamemode variety, inaction vs hackers/wintraders, and Anet's crusade against community building is what does this game in.

>

Your naive if you think GW2 /needs/ PVP. Someone had already said this. Anet could lose your guys and no one would flick an eyelash at you.

Where would the hackers go? WvW? Kay, good luck finding other people if your server is not WvW.

"But WvW is so noob, there's only PVE"

Mkays, GW2 is notorious for their PVE, so having some sPVP mode connected to their heavy PVE is obvious.

"But it's only noob Zerg blobs"

Yet people still run out there to search for 1v1s or 1v2s. And get them.

There is no excuses. People are /choosing/ to be stubborn, choosing to speak garbage, choosing to act like their miserable old men/woman that don't know how to move on.

I play all three modes. I get tired of gw2 at times, but you know what I do? Act like a normal human being, pick up another game that may fit my competitive needs and only come back for PVE needs unless I got a bad need to play ele, ranger, or warrior again.

It's that simple. But no, the PVP community cries just as hard as the PVErs. WvWers should be the only ones that are actually frustrated because they get backlashed from both sides, and end up being middle child.

This game was not built on PVP, it's built on their WvW (that they are fixing as they said) and their PVE. If they choose to work slower on PvP, then that's just how it is

So I think we should act more like our age (because lord knows when you guys haven't had your coffee, you go off the deep end) and go to your competitive games you want oh so badly, and stop blaming everyone else but yourself.

PVE community is not the epicenter of this mass. It's the WHOLE GW2 community.

PVP, WvW, and PVE.

This communiy is self-destructive except for the ones that too busy in game to give light of day to this daily salt fest.

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > Eventually PvErs are going to look for other things to do, they will stumble upon how terribly mistreated PvP is, and they will leave too. Its really not looking good for guild wars 2...

> > >

> > If you think the people in question arent already actively cheering the death of your game mode for it's rampant toxicity you are kidding yourself.

> >

> >

>

> Which is amusing as they seemingly don't even realize the state PvE is in, or why healthy game modes are good for the game overall (one of the reasons a 15 year old MMORPG that charges a sub is still more successful than also rans like GW2), or why competitive game modes produce things like more "elitism".

>

> It is also amusing given the behavior of the PvE players, where in some respects things like "elitism" is far worse than in PvP/WvW, there is a thread today asking for certain guilds to stop publishing benchmarks because the "friendly", non-elitist PvE community has no problem instakicking people not playing by the "right" class., in this respect I'd say the GW2 PvE "community" is one of the worst I've ever seen in a MMORPG, it is not even as if the PvE is 'challenging' like say in Wildstar, when I compare the GW2 PvE "community" to long ago when I played LOTRO, let's just say GW2 does not come out well and should take a look at themselves before pointing fingers at PvP/WvW.

To be honest you do not see PvE players going "OMG NOOB PVP / WvW PLAYER GET OUT OF MAH GAME MODE!" Not to mention you can still see fractal parties who are trying to help and tutor newbies while having fun and guild who like to help new players in raids.

PvE toxicity only affects PvE players. Still it is really bad but at least they don't degrade you for playing a different game mode.

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > @"witcher.3197" said:

> > > @"Solidaris.5423" said:

> >

> > > Both PvP and WvW is full of toxic elitists ,sorry in your word veterans,

> >

> > If you think toxicity is the main reason why a game fails or succeeds then you are being rather naive.

> >

> > GW2 toxicity is nothing compared to most bigger PvP titles.

> >

> > It's garbage balance, no gamemode variety, inaction vs hackers/wintraders, and Anet's crusade against community building is what does this game in.

> >

>

> Your naive if you think GW2 /needs/ PVP. Someone had already said this. Anet could lose your guys and no one would flick an eyelash at you.

>

> Where would the hackers go? WvW? Kay, good luck finding other people if your server is not WvW.

>

> "But WvW is so noob, there's only PVE"

>

> Mkays, GW2 is notorious for their PVE, so having some sPVP mode connected to their heavy PVE is obvious.

>

> "But it's only noob Zerg blobs"

>

> Yet people still run out there to search for 1v1s or 1v2s. And get them.

>

> There is no excuses. People are /choosing/ to be stubborn, choosing to speak garbage, choosing to act like their miserable old men/woman that don't know how to move on.

>

> I play all three modes. I get tired of gw2 at times, but you know what I do? Act like a normal human being, pick up another game that may fit my competitive needs and only come back for PVE needs unless I got a bad need to play ele, ranger, or warrior again.

>

> It's that simple. But no, the PVP community cries just as hard as the PVErs. WvWers should be the only ones that are actually frustrated because they get backlashed from both sides, and end up being middle child.

>

> This game was not built on PVP, it's built on their WvW (that they are fixing as they said) and their PVE. If they choose to work slower on PvP, then that's just how it is

>

> So I think we should act more like our age (because lord knows when you guys haven't had your coffee, you go off the deep end) and go to your competitive games you want oh so badly, and stop blaming everyone else but yourself.

>

> PVE community is not the epicenter of this mass. It's the WHOLE GW2 community.

>

> PVP, WvW, and PVE.

>

> This communiy is self-destructive except for the ones that too busy in game to give light of day to this daily salt fest.

Take a deep breath and try that again in a more coherent form because I couldn't get through half of that rambling. Sorry.

But afaik you are not the CEO of Anet nor NCSoft, what right do you have to say who gets to play this game and who should just leave?

Coming to the forum of a gamemode you do not care about just to tell people to quit because they are toxic? **You're** toxic.