can we have an option to disable starbound effect

Lighter.5631

I think he means starbound griffons. They can be quite nice looking when you use dark colors, but can be quite the eye-gouger when you combine a bunch of bright neon colors on them. A group of people all doing that together is serious visual discord. I see people doing that is both LA and Amnoon, and I'm sitting there on my dark midnight colored starbound griffon thinking "Oh, come ON people...".

I'm hoping it will die down over time. When PoF first came out there were groups of people posing in Lion's Arch on their mounts. When the griffon was discovered it gradually changed to all griffons, then it died away when the novelty wore off. Hopefully the same will happen with the new skins.

I wouldn't object to an option to hide things like mount and glider skins client-side. I love the starbound griffon personally (more so when dyed nicely so it's not blinding), but I can understand why people would want to hide it.

> @soistheman.7208 said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> > > Can we please have an option to just turn special skins off?

> >

> > I rather this honestly. Seems easier to do.

>

> I think they should do the same for back piece and maybe legendary weapon effects as well.

the skins are acceptable and no where near visual cluster, commpared to ridiculously dyed mount skins, way too bright and highly saturated

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > @Lunarlife.5128 said:

> > Can we please have an option to just turn special skins off?

>

> This will never happen. People buy them to show them off to others, and ANet hopes that by seeing them, you'll want to gamble on them, I mean buy them, too. :-(

But what if you bundle it into the model quality. Meaning you can't turn them of unless you really have to. It shows that you really have a low end pc

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> I'm hoping it will die down over time. When PoF first came out there were groups of people posing in Lion's Arch on their mounts. When the griffon was discovered it gradually changed to all griffons, then it died away when the novelty wore off. Hopefully the same will happen with the new skins.

It happens with everything, eventually.

Only change endures.