[BUG] Visual Glitch: Bullet Flares [merged]

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> This is now three threads merged.

>

> One question: **Are you seeing this only in WvW, or are you seeing it elsewhere, in other game modes?** If in other modes, could you describe?

>

> Thanks so much!

The place where I see it the most is on the wooden structure where the Tailor, Jeweler, and Artificer stations are in Claypool in Queensdale. This is my home base so I spend a lot of time there when emptying bags and crafting and It happens pretty much every days since halloween patch.

Sadly today I didn't manage to see it happen there because I didn't spend much time in Queensdale at all. But I did see it in WvW while waiting for the veteran warg. So it seems that repairing my Data wasn't the fix for it.

I recorded it

Finally had it happen in Queensdale again yesterday

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Engelsstaub.4356 said:

> It seems to happen everytime there is a fight elsewere on a map, so it's no surprise that it's WvW to be most affected by the issue.

Yeah it seems like the server is misreporting the locations of some hit effects to the clients. Really it shouldn't even be reporting these if the enemy is far away.. I have a few hunches, but can anyone confirm if this appears to be a purely client issue? If two players are in the same area, do they see the exact same hit FX in the same location? Or are they different?

Each time it seems to start in WvW but have seen it pass over into PvE after its started. Have had guildmates likewise see the effect but not sure if we are seeing each others or our own. Will need to try and narrow that down when in WvW tonight. Been going on for a few weeks. If you move it follows you and seems to hit objects at varying distance. Have seen it jump from a wall and on turning hit a distant cliff.

> @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > @Engelsstaub.4356 said:

> > It seems to happen everytime there is a fight elsewere on a map, so it's no surprise that it's WvW to be most affected by the issue.

>

> Yeah it seems like the server is misreporting the locations of some hit effects to the clients. Really it shouldn't even be reporting these if the enemy is far away.. I have a few hunches, but can anyone confirm if this appears to be a purely client issue? If two players are in the same area, do they see the exact same hit FX in the same location? Or are they different?

Due to the effect always being at "arms reach" sort of speak, always at a singular point and moving with you, I think its a pure client issue . The effects firing may be the same but you wont see anything other than whats being sent to your client. Otherwise we would be constantly surrounded by this as other players move past with "their" attached effects. It would be **glorious**, but still. Thats not what we are seeing.

> @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > @Engelsstaub.4356 said:

> > It seems to happen everytime there is a fight elsewere on a map, so it's no surprise that it's WvW to be most affected by the issue.

>

> Yeah it seems like the server is misreporting the locations of some hit effects to the clients. Really it shouldn't even be reporting these if the enemy is far away.. I have a few hunches, but can anyone confirm if this appears to be a purely client issue? If two players are in the same area, do they see the exact same hit FX in the same location? Or are they different?

It happens everywhere, all the time...even if no one is anywhere around. Go 30 minutes guarding a tower, with no one stopping by ever...it happens non-stop the entire time and in some places moves on the ground or walls with you as you run. Even on dead maps with no action it happens. The effect varies. Sometimes it's bullets, sometimes it looks like a mouth bite (a necro effect), other various flashes. It is really annoying, most of us thought it was a Halloween prank by you guys.

Is this the appropriate time to once again ask for an option to "turn off other players effects"? We have been asking for 5 years, and this option is in every other game for about 15 years.

I've also been experiencing the same random explosions bug and I *only* play PvE. They seem to follow my camera movement. Happened to me 2 days ago in the Lake Doric JP.

There's also definitely 2 spots in the Sunken Droknar area of Mount Maelstrom that triggers the same Mesmer attack for me every time I glide over the 2 dwarven rooftops with my Skimmer, guaranteed.

https://imgur.com/LstZU5A

*Edit: I dunno how the hell to get the damn pic to show up here instead of a link. Sorry.

I've noticed those "explosions" for a few weeks now. Usually they only last a few seconds, so by the time I start recording they've stopped. But the other day, the 9th, they lasted for quite a while and I was able to record them. This is at the rich iron node west of Oldgate Waypoint in Diessa Plateua:

I've only noticed this in PvE, but I don't do much WvW at all so I can't speak for that.

I've been seeing this all over the place. It was going on Draconis Mons while a couple guildies and I were making our way through the jumping puzzle. I've been noticing it a lot lately.

Edit: And to answer @"Benjamin Arnold.3457", the guildies I was doing the JP with also commented on seeing the bullet impact effects. They were on one of the walls for us.

I pestered a friend of mine in WvW last night about this, asking him what in the heck this was. His answer made sense!: Whenever there are people in combat nearby-ish, the IMPACT effects are showing up at your location. So next time it happened, I watched the effects. Yup, has to be that. It included not just normal impact hits but also necro impact hit effects, for instance (including their specific sound effects). In the direction I was facing, watching these impact hits on our Keep wall, well into the distance (30k+ units) a battle was going on. Was kind of odd, like watching a movie of just the special effects of a distant battle. xD

This is the best explanation for this bug I've seen in this thread so far:

> @chronometria.3708 said:

> It is the effects of a distant battle. In WvW its possible to "see" where a battle is going on by these. Their direction is correct but they are way too close. So, if everyone was fighting to the north east, then these would appear on the nearest surface to my north east.

> @Llethander.3972 said:

> Edit: And to answer @"Benjamin Arnold.3457", the guildies I was doing the JP with also commented on seeing the bullet impact effects. They were on one of the walls for us.

The question was whether its the same effect in the same location, ie an effect transmitted server->all clients equally. I still dont think it is. Other people see it all the time buts its clientside, given away by the fact the effect move with your character and you only ever see it at one location even if others see the effect where they are.

Otherwise you need to verify that two people thats not standing in the same place are seeing the exact same sequence of effects at the exact same place, preferably verified by even more players.

> @"BrownieC.4926" said:

> I've also been experiencing the same random explosions bug and I *only* play PvE. They seem to follow my camera movement. Happened to me 2 days ago in the Lake Doric JP.

> There's also definitely 2 spots in the Sunken Droknar area of Mount Maelstrom that triggers the same Mesmer attack for me every time I glide over the 2 dwarven rooftops with my Skimmer, guaranteed.

> https://imgur.com/LstZU5A

>

> *Edit: I dunno how the hell to get the kitten pic to show up here instead of a link. Sorry.

Just to note, you need to get the address to the actual image (.com/blah.jpg) and not just the imgur page it is displayed on. One way is, while on the imgur page, right-click the picture and click 'Copy Image Location' to copy the address to the image itself. Then come here and edit your post, click the [sun and mountain] icon on the far right of the toolbar to insert an image and paste the link into that popup.

https://imgur.com/LstZU5A

becomes

https://i.imgur.com/LstZU5A.jpg

But notice it needs to be inserted into your post via the IMG insert button to tag it for displaying.

![](https://i.imgur.com/LstZU5A.jpg "")

> @BrownieC.4926 said:

> I've also been experiencing the same random explosions bug and I *only* play PvE. They seem to follow my camera movement. Happened to me 2 days ago in the Lake Doric JP.

I always encounter the effects on the rock wall there, too. I rarely venture into WvW, but I recognised the effects from there.

I've been seeing these everywhere in open world lately, and I have a theory....

I think I really pissed off Logan in LS3 when I pointed out that his pronunciation of Lake Doric made it sound like "Lake DORK" and he had a contract put out on me.

Except, the sniper he hired is really bad at his job and keeps missing me. But he's trying, bless his heart.