Could Core only pvp work? Let's hear you opinion

Damocles.4908

I always asked to bring down elite specs to core level if they can't remove them from PvP. Personally i wouldn't miss elites in pvp, but it is me (and yes i have HoT and PoF).

That being said, classes are balanced by different team than pvp so i don't think they have pvp as their primary target. In other words, they probably would refrain from balance around core in pvp if it would affect their beloved pve (raids) in any (negative) way.

You do realize that some classes have core builds that are stronger than other classes elite builds right?

Warrior, thief, ele, and guardian all have meta core builds. Meanwhile the core builds for ranger, rev, and necro are so bad it's not even funny.

Limited PvP to only core builds would result in half the classes being literally unplayable, while the other half are gods.

I've been bringing this up regularly but, in PvP, all core specs are not in balance with each other. They're just as imbalanced as all PoF specs are with each other, probably more.

Core Thief, Core Ele, Core Guard, Core War, these classes would be all automated tournaments were comprised of, Core Ranger, Core Engi, Core Mesmer, Core Necro, Core Revenant, these would be virtually useless in comparison. Core Rev is a little weird because it never had to be without an Elite spec.

Many buffs happened unequally to core specs, like Warrior's Strength, Guardian's Radiance, Thief's Acrobatics, and some core specs are still reeling from a list of nerfs brought on by their HoT builds being far out of line, Engineer, Necromancer.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> You do realize that some classes have core builds that are stronger than other classes elite builds right?

>

> Warrior, thief, ele, and guardian all have meta core builds. Meanwhile the core builds for ranger, rev, and necro are so bad it's not even funny.

>

> Limited PvP to only core builds would result in half the classes being literally unplayable, while the other half are gods.

>

that can be the case, I haven't really come across to many core players however, I just find that those core builds are often limited and the same... maybe to respond to elite specs? I don't know but atm It does feel really difficult to face elite classes that core classes and I also feel like I'm forced to look online for builds and only use those to the fine print, instead of having the chance to make my own (atm I have to pack alot of defensive abilities as a core warrior because of the shear intensity of elite abilities and spells)

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> Quaggan thinks core would be even more imbalanced than elite specs. For example, since condi spirit rangers took hit, class was never meta again until HoT.

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> Quaggan thinks core would be even more imbalanced than elite specs. For example, since condi spirit rangers took hit, class was never meta again until HoT.

I understand the " core only" won't be a 100% fix to all issues but In terms of Core vs Core and Core vs Elite which would have more unbalance effect (although that question is very undefined to be honest...) and if Meta says " don't use condi spirit" ...don't listen to the man...get creative because Most-Effective-Tactic-avaiable cannot compensate for Every. single, dynamic match...If it can then damn, I wish I had maths skills like that.

> @Damocles.4908 said:

> > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > Quaggan thinks core would be even more imbalanced than elite specs. For example, since condi spirit rangers took hit, class was never meta again until HoT.

>

> > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > Quaggan thinks core would be even more imbalanced than elite specs. For example, since condi spirit rangers took hit, class was never meta again until HoT.

> I understand the " core only" won't be a 100% fix to all issues but In terms of Core vs Core and Core vs Elite which would have more unbalance effect (although that question is very undefined to be honest...) and if Meta says " don't use condi spirit" ...don't listen to the man...get creative because Most-Effective-Tactic-avaiable cannot compensate for Every. single, dynamic match...If it can then kitten, I wish I had maths skills like that.

Quaggan meant that not a single Ranger build was avalible after nerf, not the nerfed one. Rangers became once again viable at all when HoT rebalanced them.

No. Pointless segmenting a community even more, too many sub modes isn't good. Xpacs are very cheap, if you take this game even remotely seriously and enjoy it at all, you want to help support AANET and put the minimal effort it is to buy 2 xpacs that together is still cheaper than other MMOs 1 xpac. What this MMO gives for free with it's very non- p2w shop is beyond what any other MMOs do, it should be plenty for to decide. Plus, there are still competitive core builds but if you want EVERY possible option, go out and support the company.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> I've been bringing this up regularly but, in PvP, all core specs are not in balance with each other. They're just as imbalanced as all PoF specs are with each other, probably more.

>

> Core Thief, Core Ele, Core Guard, Core War, these classes would be all automated tournaments were comprised of, Core Ranger, Core Engi, Core Mesmer, Core Necro, Core Revenant, these would be virtually useless in comparison. Core Rev is a little weird because it never had to be without an Elite spec.

>

> Many buffs happened unequally to core specs, like Warrior's Strength, Guardian's Radiance, Thief's Acrobatics, and some core specs are still reeling from a list of nerfs brought on by their HoT builds being far out of line, Engineer, Necromancer.

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > @Damocles.4908 said:

> > > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > Quaggan thinks core would be even more imbalanced than elite specs. For example, since condi spirit rangers took hit, class was never meta again until HoT.

> >

> > > @Morwath.9817 said:

> > > Quaggan thinks core would be even more imbalanced than elite specs. For example, since condi spirit rangers took hit, class was never meta again until HoT.

> > I understand the " core only" won't be a 100% fix to all issues but In terms of Core vs Core and Core vs Elite which would have more unbalance effect (although that question is very undefined to be honest...) and if Meta says " don't use condi spirit" ...don't listen to the man...get creative because Most-Effective-Tactic-avaiable cannot compensate for Every. single, dynamic match...If it can then kitten, I wish I had maths skills like that.

>

> Quaggan meant that not a single Ranger build was avalible after nerf, not the nerfed one. Rangers became once again viable at all when HoT rebalanced them.

Ah sorry...couldn't understand quagganism

> @Damocles.4908 said:

> Those who have bought the expansions, would you be disappointed if this was the case?..Would only core builds bring more balance to the game?

No. It will be dominated by guardian, warrior and ranger, with the occasional ele and mesmer. In order for it to work they will need to re-structure all core lines, which is not going to happen.

I don't think core-only PvP would work, not only because of imbalance but also because of the inability for a large number of players to play with the new toys of an expansion in their chosen game mode.

If we are trying to address balance and abundance of certain game mechanics, I think I would prefer an alternative that restricts available builds to a number of presets defined by the Devs and under the control of the sPvP team. This would allow the game to have its plethora of options, but greatly diminish the impact of inability to balance the vast number of options.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> I've been bringing this up regularly but, in PvP, all core specs are not in balance with each other. They're just as imbalanced as all PoF specs are with each other, probably more.

>

> Core Thief, Core Ele, Core Guard, Core War, these classes would be all automated tournaments were comprised of, Core Ranger, Core Engi, Core Mesmer, Core Necro, Core Revenant, these would be virtually useless in comparison. Core Rev is a little weird because it never had to be without an Elite spec.

>

> Many buffs happened unequally to core specs, like Warrior's Strength, Guardian's Radiance, Thief's Acrobatics, and some core specs are still reeling from a list of nerfs brought on by their HoT builds being far out of line, Engineer, Necromancer.

>

>

Mesmer/Engi/Necro have good core builds. In light of the other classes I'd have to see how it panned out first. Also core pvp would have no rev since rev wasn't core to begin with.

> @Jinks.2057 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > I've been bringing this up regularly but, in PvP, all core specs are not in balance with each other. They're just as imbalanced as all PoF specs are with each other, probably more.

> >

> > Core Thief, Core Ele, Core Guard, Core War, these classes would be all automated tournaments were comprised of, Core Ranger, Core Engi, Core Mesmer, Core Necro, Core Revenant, these would be virtually useless in comparison. Core Rev is a little weird because it never had to be without an Elite spec.

> >

> > Many buffs happened unequally to core specs, like Warrior's Strength, Guardian's Radiance, Thief's Acrobatics, and some core specs are still reeling from a list of nerfs brought on by their HoT builds being far out of line, Engineer, Necromancer.

> >

> >

>

> Mesmer/Engi/Necro have good core builds. In light of the other classes I'd have to see how it panned out first. Also core pvp would have no rev since rev wasn't core to begin with.

No they do not.

Core Mesmer and core engi both run on a single gimmick that is easily countered. Core necro suffers fro trash tier damage combined with trash tier survivability, this is further compounded by the fact that Signet Corrupts, which was the only thing that made necro relevant pre-HoT, was deleted from the game on the August 8th patch.