The death of the most amusing yet abusive JP.

• 1 year later...

I mean, I think I stated this earlier in this thread.

You can fix this in so many ways without fine tuning gliding and mount areas, just introduce a "challenge mote" either in the form of a npc challenging you or what not, that disables mount and glider use at the start of the puzzle, and removing your ability to open the chests without having the mote active f.ex. stuff like that

Mounts just about killed every JP when Anet decided to allow them to be used in all pre PoF content.

No amount of no fly zones/no mount zones are going to prevent people from skipping to the end of JP's unless they restrict mounts exclusively to PoF and all content that came after it, and that would straight up enrage people without fixing the problem that mesmers can still port people to the ends of these puzzles anyway.

They might as well just remove the no mount/no fly zone restrictions around them.. I personally enjoy finding ways of getting around them so don't care either way but they are absolutely useless in preventing puzzle skipping.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Mounts just about killed every JP when Anet decided to allow them to be used in all pre PoF content.

> No amount of no fly zones/no mount zones are going to prevent people from skipping to the end of JP's unless they restrict mounts exclusively to PoF and all content that came after it, and that would straight up enrage people without fixing the problem that mesmers can still port people to the ends of these puzzles anyway.

>

> They might as well just remove the no mount/no fly zone restrictions around them.. I personally enjoy finding ways of getting around them so don't care either way but they are absolutely useless in preventing puzzle skipping.

Or Anet can extend the no mount/glide zones. No gliding would help resolve a number of them as many can be reached by gaining enough height on a mount and then gliding to it. The one in Diessa which we had as a daily a few days ago being an example.

To be honest, so long as there are Mesmer portals, I don’t see it being a real issue. If Anet intended for players to do the jumping puzzles “correctly” then they would have added checkpoints.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > Mounts just about killed every JP when Anet decided to allow them to be used in all pre PoF content.

> > No amount of no fly zones/no mount zones are going to prevent people from skipping to the end of JP's unless they restrict mounts exclusively to PoF and all content that came after it, and that would straight up enrage people without fixing the problem that mesmers can still port people to the ends of these puzzles anyway.

> >

> > They might as well just remove the no mount/no fly zone restrictions around them.. I personally enjoy finding ways of getting around them so don't care either way but they are absolutely useless in preventing puzzle skipping.

>

> Or Anet can extend the no mount/glide zones. No gliding would help resolve a number of them as many can be reached by gaining enough height on a mount and then gliding to it. The one in Diessa which we had as a daily a few days ago being an example.

>

> To be honest, so long as there are Mesmer portals, I don’t see it being a real issue. If Anet intended for players to do the jumping puzzles “correctly” then they would have added checkpoints.

They would have to extend them pretty significantly to make them effective tbh.. and that would greatly disrupt normal play if they did.

The problem is how easy it is to abuse Bond of Faith to catapault yourself great distances at high speed without having to fear fall damage.

Changing it to make fall damage applicapble would solve this but that would in part negate the point of the skill lol

So long as mesmer portals etc exist though there's no real need to go so far in restricting mounts to stop people skipping jp's.

Might as well just let people have their fun :)

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> Why do people care so much if other people skip the jp?

> If you wnat to do it without skips, than do so... other people skipping doesnt prevent you completing the jp as it's intended.

>

> I skip sometimes, I do them sometimes. Let people play their way.

Same reason people would care if some could skip to the end of fractals or dungeons.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > Why do people care so much if other people skip the jp?

> > If you wnat to do it without skips, than do so... other people skipping doesnt prevent you completing the jp as it's intended.

> >

> > I skip sometimes, I do them sometimes. Let people play their way.

>

> Same reason people would care if some could skip to the end of fractals or dungeons.

you're comparing 2 greens and a blue reward to fractal rewards? ??????

also people can skip them already with a mesmer portal or tp ro friend. How is that different?

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > > Why do people care so much if other people skip the jp?

> > > If you wnat to do it without skips, than do so... other people skipping doesnt prevent you completing the jp as it's intended.

> > >

> > > I skip sometimes, I do them sometimes. Let people play their way.

> >

> > Same reason people would care if some could skip to the end of fractals or dungeons.

>

> you're comparing 2 greens and a blue reward to fractal rewards? ??????

>

> also people can skip them already with a mesmer portal or tp ro friend. How is that different?

Your post mentioned nothing about rewards. It was simply “it doesn’t affect you so why should you care”. And that same argument of yours still applies. No need to move the goalpost.

> Why do people care so much if other people skip to the end of fractals?

> If you wnat to do it without skips, than do so... other people skipping doesnt prevent you completing the fractal as it's intended.

>

> I skip sometimes, I do them sometimes. Let people play their way.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Your post mentioned nothing about rewards. It was simply “it doesn’t affect you so why should you care”. And that same argument of yours still applies. No need to move the goalpost.

I was comparing why people would care about fractals.

Rewards matter, you can get mystic coins and ascended boxes through fractals, so being able to get those freely, would not only be unfair, but economy breaking.

Being able to get 2 greens by skipping the jp, is not game breaking, so why does it bother you?

And how is mounts different to mesmer portals?

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Your post mentioned nothing about rewards. It was simply “it doesn’t affect you so why should you care”. And that same argument of yours still applies. No need to move the goalpost.

>

>

> I was comparing why people would care about fractals.

>

> Rewards matter, you can get mystic coins and ascended boxes through fractals, so being able to get those freely, would not only be unfair, but economy breaking.

>

> Being able to get 2 greens by skipping the jp, is not game breaking, so why does it bother you?

>

> And how is mounts different to mesmer portals?

>

Someone skipping would get the rewards quicker. Someone that was going to run through the dailies without skipping is still going to make the same amount of gold as the one who skipped straight to the end. Rewards are moot.

I don’t recall saying mounts are different than Mesmer portals or even the opposite. Perhaps you were referring to another poster that said that?