WvW Potential Points bug is back... and it seems to be tied to patch updates.

Vegeta.2563

Before The Tick

![](https://i.imgur.com/e68VcyC.png "")

After The Tick

![](https://i.imgur.com/4XCsG5y.png "")

According to Stormbluff Isle's points.. 877 + 83 .. some how equals 1,076? Shouldn't it be around the 960 area instead?

Me and few other people on teamspeak noticed this happening after patch updates. And it's creating double WvW maps for certain servers.

> @Vegeta.2563 said:

> Before The Tick

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/e68VcyC.png "")

>

> After The Tick

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/4XCsG5y.png "")

>

>

> According to Stormbluff Isle's points.. 877 + 83 .. some how equals 1,076? Shouldn't it be around the 960 area instead?

>

> Me and few other people on teamspeak noticed this happening after patch updates. And it's creating double WvW maps for certain servers.

I am assuming you screenshot those without any other scores hitting: like PPK or sentries or dolyaks etc?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> I am assuming you screenshot those without any other scores hitting: like PPK or sentries or dolyaks etc?

Compared to the other two being like 10 points off or something, that's a ton of activity on the 3rd in PPT, which is usually the one having the least amount of players on at that time... But it could be. PPK is 3 points with bloodlust I believe which could make the score difference just a zerg wipe away (assuming plenty of stomps). This assumes the extra points is lumped in after 5 minutes too, I always thought PPK/dolly etc got awarded at the time they happen but now when I think about it I havent looked so close, lol.

> @Dawdler.8521 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > I am assuming you screenshot those without any other scores hitting: like PPK or sentries or dolyaks etc?

> Compared to the other two being like 10 points off or something, that's a ton of activity on the 3rd in PPT, which is usually the one having the least amount of players on at that time... But it could be. PPK is 3 points with bloodlust I believe which could make the score difference just a zerg wipe away (assuming plenty of stomps). This assumes the extra points is lumped in after 5 minutes too, I always thought PPK/dolly etc got awarded at the time they happen but now when I think about it I havent looked so close, lol.

True. Something seems wrong either way

> I am assuming you screenshot those without any other scores hitting: like PPK or sentries or dolyaks etc?

That's 116 points extra from before the tick, then right after. We papered all of their EBG stuff, even took tier 3 Hills in SBI BL with no resistance. Attempted for Garri, but people actually showed up to defend that. The screenshots was taken after the Garri attempt, after we had intel someone was trying to take Hills back, then we broke up the squad soon after. For a few hrs hardly anyone from SBI was defending their stuff.

> @Vegeta.2563 said:

> > I am assuming you screenshot those without any other scores hitting: like PPK or sentries or dolyaks etc?

>

> That's 116 points extra from before the tick, then right after. We papered all of their EBG stuff, even took tier 3 Hills in SBI BL with no resistance. Attempted for Garri, but people actually showed up to defend that. The screenshots was taken after the Garri attempt, after we had intel someone was trying to take Hills back, then we broke up the squad soon after. For a few hrs hardly anyone from SBI was defending their stuff.

>

Yeah.. definately sounds like there is something else going on.

Did you send a bug report? It tends to be seen faster than in here.

Yeah, snails vs cold molasses..

> @Dawdler.8521 said:

> that's a ton of activity on the 3rd in PPT, which is usually the one having the least amount of players on at that time... But it could be. PPK is 3 points with bloodlust I believe which could make the score difference just a zerg wipe away (assuming plenty of stomps). This assumes the extra points is lumped in after 5 minutes too, I always thought PPK/dolly etc got awarded at the time they happen but now when I think about it I havent looked so close, lol.

Hardly anyone was on SBI for hours, at least in EBG.. and managed to paper a tier 3 hills in their BL with no defenders.

If I noticed from playing lately.. PPK and Dolly points are added right away, and PPT is added every 5 mins.

> @Dawdler.8521 said:

> Compared to the other two being like 10 points off or something, that's a ton of activity on the 3rd in PPT, which is usually the one having the least amount of players on at that time... But it could be. PPK is 3 points with bloodlust I believe which could make the score difference just a zerg wipe away (assuming plenty of stomps). This assumes the extra points is lumped in after 5 minutes too, I always thought PPK/dolly etc got awarded at the time they happen but now when I think about it I havent looked so close, lol.

Yea something seems off. The skirmish history so far is showing SBI has 94 kill, FA has 92, and HoD 105 which doesn't seem like enough kills to make up the missing points. That would be a very large number of yaks and sentries...

Server lag? I often wonder about things like this, and also when my guildmate tells me he entered the queue for EBG at least a minute after I did and is clearly 2 places behind me when we compare notes, yet he gets into EBG before I do and I am still #2 in queue...is there some kind of favoritism going on?

> > @Vegeta.2563 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > I am assuming you screenshot those without any other scores hitting: like PPK or sentries or dolyaks etc?

> >

> > That's 116 points extra from before the tick, then right after. We papered all of their EBG stuff, even took tier 3 Hills in SBI BL with no resistance. Attempted for Garri, but people actually showed up to defend that. The screenshots was taken after the Garri attempt, after we had intel someone was trying to take Hills back, then we broke up the squad soon after. For a few hrs hardly anyone from SBI was defending their stuff.

> >

>

> Yeah.. definately sounds like there is something else going on.

>

> Did you send a bug report? It tends to be seen faster than in here.

>

> Yeah, snails vs cold molasses..

Well thing is I can't exactly use 2 screenshots in a bug report.. just 1. They do read the forums here too.

> @Vegeta.2563 said:

> > > @Vegeta.2563 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > I am assuming you screenshot those without any other scores hitting: like PPK or sentries or dolyaks etc?

> > >

> > > That's 116 points extra from before the tick, then right after. We papered all of their EBG stuff, even took tier 3 Hills in SBI BL with no resistance. Attempted for Garri, but people actually showed up to defend that. The screenshots was taken after the Garri attempt, after we had intel someone was trying to take Hills back, then we broke up the squad soon after. For a few hrs hardly anyone from SBI was defending their stuff.

> > >

> >

> > Yeah.. definately sounds like there is something else going on.

> >

> > Did you send a bug report? It tends to be seen faster than in here.

> >

> > Yeah, snails vs cold molasses..

>

> Well thing is I can't exactly use 2 screenshots in a bug report.. just 1. They do read the forums here too.

True. I agree posting here might help. Just trying to cover bases.

The wvwstats site seems to confirm the bug.

Screenshot of PPT income. Notice since yesterday the green line basically has gone down to lowest PPT.

![](https://i.imgur.com/fVAszyt.png "")

Next image is the kills. SBI's kills increase remains relatively in-line with the two other servers so there aren't an overwhelming number of points being gotten from kills.

![](https://i.imgur.com/Raljr9E.png "")

Last image you can see their warscore has trended upwards though since yesterday. That would be a lot of yaks and sentries :p

![](https://i.imgur.com/ZZKYcpQ.png "")

> @Justine.6351 said:

> > @Vegeta.2563 said:

> > Pretty sure SBI won this match up over HOD because of this bug..

>

> oh no!

> one less chest this week ;-(

I'm pretty sure the concern has more to do with 1u1d placement than a chest. It isn't good to have a bugged scoring system because of the inherent unfairness associated with it.

> @Chaba.5410 said:

> > @Justine.6351 said:

> > > @Vegeta.2563 said:

> > > Pretty sure SBI won this match up over HOD because of this bug..

> >

> > oh no!

> > one less chest this week ;-(

>

> I'm pretty sure the concern has more to do with 1u1d placement than a chest. It isn't good to have a bugged scoring system because of the inherent unfairness associated with it.

Chaba gets it

> @Djamonja.6453 said:

> > @Vegeta.2563 said:

> > Pretty sure SBI won this match up over HOD because of this bug..

>

> I doubt it, we were about 15 points ahead when it got bugged, maybe we'll get a rematch next week ;)

but it also made it near impossible to catch up after that..