PvP is stale

shadowpass.4236

tbh every mmo atm has awful pvp.

It's just sad because this game was advertised as "the pvp mmo" and it prob has the worst pvp out of all the mmos atm.

WoWs pvp is alright it's just that class design is so fucking awful

Gw2 pvp is dogshit but the class design is actually pretty good.

I am a returning player and I usually play at least 1 unranked game a day. Lately I feel like I'm playing vs top players.. not fun, don't think I will last much longer. Today I tried a different class and a new build, gave up after 1 game, same thing again. I don't mind losing, but this is extreme, feel like I can hardly do anything so learning to play a build is painful.

Does the start of the season have anything to do with it, feels like it's gotten worse since then, might just be my luck. My teams can hardly get points or are stuck at start point with enemies waiting outside our base. And then there's the toxic flamers and players who use commands excessively. Think I'll just do other dailies for a while.

edit: This comment was meant for the "So, Anet is ok with the matchmaking behaviour?" thread. Had to log in, which redirects to profile page and I selected wrong thread to reply on..

> @Derps.7421 said:

> WoWs pvp is alright it's just that class design is so kitten awful

Last time I checked it was like GW2 except instead of Scourges and Firebrands they have Demon Hunters and Feral Druids.

Best PvP I had was with Revelation Online at level 69. Too bad that with 79 whales were impossible to deal with anymore. Because the skills were perfectly designed for PvP with a nice balance of CCs / stun breakers.

A Elder scroll online streamer called fengrush made a rant similar to this regarding Eso's pvp system. The Classes were unbalance, the Devs didn't care. Ect, Ect, ect. There is one thing he said that made me wish something like this happen at one point.

"I would just love to chain down a dev and force them to spvp for 4-5 hours. Put them on a camera and actually have people watch them and be like "Hey, Are you enjoying this? You having fun Arenanet dev, are you having fun? What? You don't wanna keep doing this? Nah, Nah. Get back in the fight bro, Enjoy the the state of pvp that you created." (Heavily modified just to make it look better.)

I rarely pvp in this game, other than wvw. But I felt like this was relevant.

> @Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267 said:

> A Elder scroll online streamer called fengrush made a rant similar to this regarding Eso's pvp system. The Classes were unbalance, the Devs didn't care. Ect, Ect, ect. There is one thing he said that made me wish something like this happen at one point.

>

> "I would just love to chain down a dev and force them to spvp for 4-5 hours. Put them on a camera and actually have people watch them and be like "Hey, Are you enjoying this? You having fun Arenanet dev, are you having fun? What? You don't wanna keep doing this? Nah, Nah. Get back in the fight bro, Enjoy the the state of pvp that you created." (Heavily modified just to make it look better.)

>

> I rarely pvp in this game, other than wvw. But I felt like this was relevant.

I would happily support this. I feel like the people at Anet _literally_ don't play their own game.

> @Cynz.9437 said:

> I log in like once a week for couple matches, that is about it. Probably would have uninstalled completely if there was anything better on market. OW gets boring fast due to lack of customization/RP/PVE so can't replace gw2 completely for me. I really regret buying PoF.

>

> Surely, pvp community always cries that game is imbalanced, everything is worse than before etc. But you don't even need to know the game to see how bad it got if you compare pvp videos from vanilla times and past HoT.

> There were some positive changes like better rewards (anyone remember dyes being only income?) and actual seasons + leaderboard but they all alone can't keep pvp alive when classes are balanced around xpac sales and ranking system is massive experiment on live-servers. We (players) are nothing but lab rats that pay to be experimented on basically. People get tired of it and quit.

I really love you know :P

From the one hand you making posts over posts that the company are doing a louzy job with the balance , so the pvp poplulation try to support you and to feel ''good'' about that other ppl that acknowledge you .

And in the other hand you are defeending the powercreep itself 5 years now .

Such as 6 days ago when a player made a thread about ''bunker thief'' and your response was :

''He means the troll build that dont use UC , but with aoes and propper timming (what is this!) is your friend, fraud.''

Or posts like these in the WvWvW forums :

> @Cynz.9437 said:

> > @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> > > @Strages.2950 said:

> > > What would honestly help would be having a 1/4 second cooldown between shatters. That way the gigantic amount of macro mesmers around in WvW would become a lot more innefective. The fact that these cheaters are ruining the game for a large part of the population should be dealt with swiftly.

> >

> > *Don't forget the thieves also* when mentioning the ruining of the game.

> >

> > (basically they should lower the burst on every class taht has huge burst - either mesmers, thieves, & every other burst build)

> >

> > burst = taking away the fun

>

> Have you tried to pvp at all? Because chances are, assuming your susggestion gets implemented, that pvp will be also affected and due to lack of food/gear etc. you almost never see huge numbers there (and i am talking about 10k tops here, when all stars align + outside buffs) on thief.

> @Swagg.9236 said:

> Why invest time and money into anything but gliders and Black Lion skins when GW2 has so many consumers openly dropping $100+ on gems every month? Anet has basically groomed its playerbase until nothing was left but whales. At this point, the only way to get anet to make a decent videogame would be to buy out its stock and order the changes yourself.

although we don’t always see eye to eye, i think you’re on point here.

as far as pvp goes, it doesn’t make anet money & they have already ruined it. balance is so bad a full overhaul is needed. pvp has lost esports (advertising), & a huge amount of the playerbase. gw2’s reputation as far as pvp goes is god awful.

it would take a huge (for anet) amount of work & energy to repair the gamemode. it wouldn’t be easy either, & guess what even in a good state pvp still wouldn’t make them much money.

so, as anet- why not devote your resources to gem store, rng loot boxes, & the occasional raid or living story updates?

that’s where the money is, ultra casual farmy pve & skins skins skins. i mean they’ve already changed to inferior servers, & im sure as all heck that was due to economics. the rng loot box skins should give you an indication on where this game is headed to. the milking shed... ah, maybe that’s a bad metaphor, because i’m imagining someone milking a whale now- but you get what i mean. this mmo is nearing the end of it’s life, so it’s best for them to focus on squeezing ever dollar, euro & pound they can out of the players they have left. which is exactly the route they are taking.

fixing a gamemode that doesn’t make money in an old game is just not worth it for anet. it doesn’t benefit them.

it’s not going to happen.

oh, but blade & soul 2 will. there’s money to be made there.

anyhow, shout out to all you rubes who bought PoF, bet you feel silly for being so naïve now.

> @Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

> > @Cynz.9437 said:

> > I log in like once a week for couple matches, that is about it. Probably would have uninstalled completely if there was anything better on market. OW gets boring fast due to lack of customization/RP/PVE so can't replace gw2 completely for me. I really regret buying PoF.

> >

> > Surely, pvp community always cries that game is imbalanced, everything is worse than before etc. But you don't even need to know the game to see how bad it got if you compare pvp videos from vanilla times and past HoT.

> > There were some positive changes like better rewards (anyone remember dyes being only income?) and actual seasons + leaderboard but they all alone can't keep pvp alive when classes are balanced around xpac sales and ranking system is massive experiment on live-servers. We (players) are nothing but lab rats that pay to be experimented on basically. People get tired of it and quit.

>

> I really love you know :P

> From the one hand you making posts over posts that the company are doing a louzy job with the balance , so the pvp poplulation try to support you and to feel ''good'' about that other ppl that acknowledge you .

>

> And in the other hand you are defeending the powercreep itself 5 years now .

> Such as 6 days ago when a player made a thread about ''bunker thief'' and your response was :

> ''He means the troll build that dont use UC , but with aoes and propper timming (what is this!) is your friend, fraud.''

> Or posts like these in the WvWvW forums :

> > @Cynz.9437 said:

> > > @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> > > > @Strages.2950 said:

> > > > What would honestly help would be having a 1/4 second cooldown between shatters. That way the gigantic amount of macro mesmers around in WvW would become a lot more innefective. The fact that these cheaters are ruining the game for a large part of the population should be dealt with swiftly.

> > >

> > > *Don't forget the thieves also* when mentioning the ruining of the game.

> > >

> > > (basically they should lower the burst on every class taht has huge burst - either mesmers, thieves, & every other burst build)

> > >

> > > burst = taking away the fun

> >

> > Have you tried to pvp at all? Because chances are, assuming your susggestion gets implemented, that pvp will be also affected and due to lack of food/gear etc. you almost never see huge numbers there (and i am talking about 10k tops here, when all stars align + outside buffs) on thief.

>

>

Go on, keep taking things out of context to prove your point.

As far as condi thief goes: given current state of game people have plenty of tools to deal with condi thief. I never said that the spec should be left as it is, for all i care it could be deleted all together.

As far as wvw forum goes, the guy proposed to nerf burst damage. It would be fatal if all other spells left untouched.

But keep up at it. I am glad i have a fan that goes through all my posts~

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> PvP scene is nonexistent and getting smaller by the day, nearly every ex pro player has quit

>

> PvP leaderboard is insanely small, no population and Anet isn't doing anything to bring people back

>

As is happening with the game in general. Is a good product but the population is shrinking, not only in PvP but in all of the gamemodes, and is a trend that follows a pattern in most of current MMOs.

As the video games industry matures and goes old, les and less franchises seems to attract most of the players, the interest (and the money). You can see that in Twitch, in which most of the time the same games dominate, with punctual new entries that usually fade in matter of weeks.

> @Cynz.9437 said:

> > @Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

> > > @Cynz.9437 said:

> > > I log in like once a week for couple matches, that is about it. Probably would have uninstalled completely if there was anything better on market. OW gets boring fast due to lack of customization/RP/PVE so can't replace gw2 completely for me. I really regret buying PoF.

> > >

> > > Surely, pvp community always cries that game is imbalanced, everything is worse than before etc. But you don't even need to know the game to see how bad it got if you compare pvp videos from vanilla times and past HoT.

> > > There were some positive changes like better rewards (anyone remember dyes being only income?) and actual seasons + leaderboard but they all alone can't keep pvp alive when classes are balanced around xpac sales and ranking system is massive experiment on live-servers. We (players) are nothing but lab rats that pay to be experimented on basically. People get tired of it and quit.

> >

> > I really love you know :P

> > From the one hand you making posts over posts that the company are doing a louzy job with the balance , so the pvp poplulation try to support you and to feel ''good'' about that other ppl that acknowledge you .

> >

> > And in the other hand you are defeending the powercreep itself 5 years now .

> > Such as 6 days ago when a player made a thread about ''bunker thief'' and your response was :

> > ''He means the troll build that dont use UC , but with aoes and propper timming (what is this!) is your friend, fraud.''

> > Or posts like these in the WvWvW forums :

> > > @Cynz.9437 said:

> > > > @Sasajoe.1509 said:

> > > > > @Strages.2950 said:

> > > > > What would honestly help would be having a 1/4 second cooldown between shatters. That way the gigantic amount of macro mesmers around in WvW would become a lot more innefective. The fact that these cheaters are ruining the game for a large part of the population should be dealt with swiftly.

> > > >

> > > > *Don't forget the thieves also* when mentioning the ruining of the game.

> > > >

> > > > (basically they should lower the burst on every class taht has huge burst - either mesmers, thieves, & every other burst build)

> > > >

> > > > burst = taking away the fun

> > >

> > > Have you tried to pvp at all? Because chances are, assuming your susggestion gets implemented, that pvp will be also affected and due to lack of food/gear etc. you almost never see huge numbers there (and i am talking about 10k tops here, when all stars align + outside buffs) on thief.

> >

> >

>

> Go on, keep taking things out of context to prove your point.

>

> As far as condi thief goes: given current state of game people have plenty of tools to deal with condi thief. I never said that the spec should be left as it is, for all i care it could be deleted all together.

>

> As far as wvw forum goes, the guy proposed to nerf burst damage. It would be fatal if all other spells left untouched.

>

> But keep up at it. I am glad i have a fan that goes through all my posts~

I told you in the past , that the motto ''i never said that'' , while trying to befriend doesnt work :P

It has the opposite effect .

How would you characterize a person that makes threads , which consist of :

a) stop the future powercreeps

b) the devs are doing a louzy job

and c):

> @Cynz.9437 said:

> We (players) are nothing but lab rats that pay to be experimented on basically. People get tired of it and quit.

While in the same time 5 YEARS NOW , he does the same tactic that is trying to ''protect his fun'' by protecting his class , thus leading to more powercreep and blaming the old ggs ?

In the WvWvW section that dude said to reduce all the burst from all the classes IN GENERAL .

Than means even condition burst !

They can change stats scalling in which how much damage increase you get from PvE gear , while in the same time increasing the PvP amulets Power/Ferocity/Condition stats , so your beloved Thief dont see a change in damage .

But noo ... we must defend PVP THIEF in A WvWvW thread ..

And you are telling me that the constant aplication of the Conditions + Evade + Condition Removal on Evade + Health regeneration , is healthy n the game but blaming the company for introducing more of that in each x-pack ?

Dont tell me that you want Condition thief to be obliterated and you dont care about that .

Your actions say the otherwise .

Such as S/D evade + pistowhip evades + Headshot -ID(when it could crit) + Vault-BD evade , in the past .

> @Silencio.2604 said:

> I am a returning player and I usually play at least 1 unranked game a day. Lately I feel like I'm playing vs top players.. not fun, don't think I will last much longer. Today I tried a different class and a new build, gave up after 1 game, same thing again. I don't mind losing, but this is extreme, feel like I can hardly do anything so learning to play a build is painful.

>

> Does the start of the season have anything to do with it, feels like it's gotten worse since then, might just be my luck. My teams can hardly get points or are stuck at start point with enemies waiting outside our base. And then there's the toxic flamers and players who use commands excessively. Think I'll just do other dailies for a while.

>

> edit: This comment was meant for the "So, Anet is ok with the matchmaking behaviour?" thread. Had to log in, which redirects to profile page and I selected wrong thread to reply on..

I have never understood this either. You get absolutely raped in Unranked during a season. My best guess is that top players try out things in Unranked and effectively chase all the lower order players out. Seriously odd. ofc it could be that to be a top player you have to be a Griever as well

There is a good argument for putting a rank cap on Unranked.

> @lilypop.7819 said:

> > @Silencio.2604 said:

> > I am a returning player and I usually play at least 1 unranked game a day. Lately I feel like I'm playing vs top players.. not fun, don't think I will last much longer. Today I tried a different class and a new build, gave up after 1 game, same thing again. I don't mind losing, but this is extreme, feel like I can hardly do anything so learning to play a build is painful.

> >

> > Does the start of the season have anything to do with it, feels like it's gotten worse since then, might just be my luck. My teams can hardly get points or are stuck at start point with enemies waiting outside our base. And then there's the toxic flamers and players who use commands excessively. Think I'll just do other dailies for a while.

> >

> > edit: This comment was meant for the "So, Anet is ok with the matchmaking behaviour?" thread. Had to log in, which redirects to profile page and I selected wrong thread to reply on..

>

> I have never understood this either. You get absolutely kitten in Unranked during a season. My best guess is that top players try out things in Unranked and effectively chase all the lower order players out. Seriously odd. ofc it could be that to be a top player you have to be a Griever as well

Have you thought that "top players" have usualy mastered one profession and they are practicing other professions or builds in Unranked, mostly likely to understand those professions better, thus improve their abilities to play against them (?). Do you want them to bring their lets say: Mesmers with 5 games played on profession total into Ranked at 1600-1800+?

...or maybe they want just chill without playing game with same 2 Scrouges every game?

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > @lilypop.7819 said:

> > > @Silencio.2604 said:

> > > I am a returning player and I usually play at least 1 unranked game a day. Lately I feel like I'm playing vs top players.. not fun, don't think I will last much longer. Today I tried a different class and a new build, gave up after 1 game, same thing again. I don't mind losing, but this is extreme, feel like I can hardly do anything so learning to play a build is painful.

> > >

> > > Does the start of the season have anything to do with it, feels like it's gotten worse since then, might just be my luck. My teams can hardly get points or are stuck at start point with enemies waiting outside our base. And then there's the toxic flamers and players who use commands excessively. Think I'll just do other dailies for a while.

> > >

> > > edit: This comment was meant for the "So, Anet is ok with the matchmaking behaviour?" thread. Had to log in, which redirects to profile page and I selected wrong thread to reply on..

> >

> > I have never understood this either. You get absolutely kitten in Unranked during a season. My best guess is that top players try out things in Unranked and effectively chase all the lower order players out. Seriously odd. ofc it could be that to be a top player you have to be a Griever as well

>

> Have you thought that "top players" have usualy mastered one profession and they are practicing other professions or builds in Unranked, mostly likely to understand those professions better, thus improve their abilities to play against them (?). Do you want them to bring their lets say: Mesmers with 5 games played on profession total into Ranked at 1600-1800+?

> ...or maybe they want just chill without playing game with same 2 Scrouges every game?

This. Most " top 250 " players don't have a lot of ranked games played during 1 season. I assume they do the amount of game required in order to sit around the same rank or close to it( thus avoiding peak hour solo queue issues having to deal with double scourges/spellbreakers). They will play on tournaments mostly and otherwise practice in unranked.

> @lilypop.7819 said:

> I have never understood this either. You get absolutely kitten in Unranked during a season. My best guess is that top players try out things in Unranked and effectively chase all the lower order players out. Seriously odd. ofc it could be that to be a top player you have to be a Griever as well

>

> There is a good argument for putting a rank cap on Unranked.

Ah so it is normal during season. Guess I might be better off playing ranked then. Yeah they need a rank cap, something.