Help Deciding Class | Small Scale PvP | 1v1 |

Hey guys, havent played this game since release and my buds wanted to give it a go again so decided I would try it.

The only thing that im interested in is Small Scale fights and 1v1s. Im not really worried about raiding or performance in PvE or zergs. I tend to enjoy melee classes with big ole damage rather than spell casters. Im doing some research now into the classes so any help is appreciated.

Thanks all!

Warrior is an entrance class, imo. Meaning they are solid class to start with and are pretty straight forward. Their high HP pool and defensives also give you enough breathing room to realize your mistakes and not get punished right away.

If you want to play something more challenging but good in 1v1, pick mirage mes. They are currently really strong but do have higher skill floor as far as learning the class goes.

I would not pick thief atm as they are not designed for 1v1 (Anet words) but rather for decapping points and +1 in pvp or roaming in wvw. Surely, you can beat some inexperienced players with thief but you will have no chance/extremely hard times vs anyone half-decent playing different class. Also, the class is extremely punishing for mistakes. Of course it is fun beat other on thief but it requires A LOT of experience of the class as well as knowledge of other classes. Thief is very noob unfriendly for most part. I would play it only when gathered enough experience, if i were you. Last but not least, thief brings nearly no team support so it might be out of question for small scale fights.

> @Drunkstain.5639 said:

> My buddy is playing a thief so Im not interested in one. I saw a guy playing a holo? Last night on twitch that seemed pretty cool.

>

> What about revenant? Right now leaning to warrior, but revenant I was told is good for small scale

Holo can be fun, once again it is also bit of risky. I would suggest to try warrior for a bit to learn the game first.

Revenant is also fun but bit weaker atm (not to mention, everyone is rolling mirages and scourges atm which fart condis like no tomorrow = your worst nightmare as rev), you can still do well with them but like with thief you need to know the class well as well as other classes.