Vampiric Sigil

***** *TL;DR at bottom* ***** --> Edited to include another important point in the TL;DR

First off, I know we have sigils of Leeching and Blood, but they simply are not the same due to the lack of risk by using them that I'll describe. I like the idea of a Vampiric Sigil, similar to what we had in Guild Wars 1 for weapon upgrades. It would behave very much like its original version as well: it would drain a flat amount of health every second, but every time you hit an enemy, it would siphon health back (I'm thinking a flat 50-100 health lost per second, in exchange for 25-75 health siphoned per enemy struck with an attack). I think this would be a fun addition to the game for a little risk to your well-being in exchange for dealing a little more damage in an interesting way. I would want it to deal damage to yourself while out of combat, while not keeping you in combat, if possible? Not necessary. Sometimes it's just useful to kill yourself while not in a "/resign" able area!

During the last year or so of me playing GW1 before GW2 launched, this was my primary weapon upgrade on my ranger because of the guaranteed damage upgrade, with the exchange that you need to use it well to not off yourself. Barrage/Pet for daaays.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Fun, maybe interesting component? Or am I just nostalgic?

*TL;DR:*

• I would like a Vampiric Sigil, behaving similarly to GW1 Vampiric weapon upgrades.

• It would drain about 50-100 health per second, while siphoning 25-75 health per enemy struck.

• (I would want it to passively deal damage to yourself while out of combat, while not keeping you in combat, if possible? Not necessary).

• I think this would be an interesting and fun weapon component to the game. Your thoughts?

Oh, so it works like the vampiric traits that necro and rev (off the top of my head) have? Against single targets then, or when using single attacks (necro axe and sceptre, thief pistol, mesmer staff, etc) it's actively punishing you for using it? If so it seems a bit niche to me :/

> @"Chicken Fro.6953" said:

> Sometimes it's just useful to kill yourself while not in a "/resign" able area!

How about addressing that directly, instead of inventing a solution that might not be appropriate to this game.

The only example I can think of is: you're in combat, you have a lot of built up buffs that you don't want to lose (e.g. silverwastes perseverance), and can't escape from your current location through any means. In that case, the proposal here wouldn't help; you'd have to know ahead of time and already have the weapon. (Besides which, this doesn't happen to all that many people who come well-prepared.)

There might be a few consumables left in the game that kill you (or have a chance to); that seems like an easier way to address this.