Resplendent Avialan raptor Feedback

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Healix.5819 said:

> As a general rule, if the mount isn't a simple retexture or modification, it's going to cost 2000 gems. They didn't randomly choose that number, it's simply the standard price for mounts in the major MMOs.

Yeah, just because other are stupid and greedy we're gonna do that, too?

That doesn't make it any less awful and thanks to the six, there's more and more talk that regulatory law needs to step into this topic (ok, the RNG/Lootbox thingy, but putting on tighter regulations on that wouldn't hurt either)

This remembers me of the ol' tale your parents used to tell ya – maybe they didn't tell you, dunno, no offence but:

_'if the other kids jump from that bridge, you jump, too?'_

This brings us back to all the talk of greediness with microtransactions.

One thing is clear, it's not needed in any way. Look at Hollywood. They have multimillion dollar productions rollin off of their production lines like crazy, but they found enough ways to come around the thing, to charge a stupid amount of cash at the box office (well... let's not get TOO much into this), at least they're not coming up to you in the middle of the film saying: _'Hey, if you wanna see the really cool stuff, that be 10 bucks more!'_

Mounts are far more than a speed boost—they're a whole new way to explore the world of Tyria _**while we explore & exploit your wallet.**_

Explore freely by leaping across canyons and Anet's _**insane profit margin**_ made possible by player's vanity which is exactly what Anet is betting on.

Heart of Thorn- $49.99, Path of Fire - 29.99 Just when you thought Anet was becoming reasonable. Here's how they were able to lower the price of the second expansion, by creating new $25.00 US skins such as Resplendent Avialan & Reforged Warhound!!!

**$33.00 Canadian for a skin**, are you out of you're frack'en mind Anet? _**A skin really $4.00 less than a whole expansion!!!**_ You give a new meaning to the word profit margin.

I was gonna buy the Avialan, I thought that with player's reactions that you would become more reasonable but I see now that MO is _**suffering from currency fever**_, the player's currency.

My post is making me reflect right now I have a hard time getting myself motivated for LS4 even after waiting 2 months. I know it's Istan I love Istan but Anet's marketing is over the top greed and leaving a sour taste in my mouth. I'm going to watch Colony 2 right now good night.

My wallet is now permanently closed, except for expansions but for how long?

Meaning how long will it take for the player-base to loose their tastes even for an expansion... :#

> @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> Taking the risk of beating up a dead horse, i'll have to address the issue with this:

> # It's not worth 2000 gems.

>

> Come on Arena Net... This again?

> Look, here's the deal, the skin is kinda neat, and all, but it's not GREAT, i might use it on my mesmer, because mesmers are peacocky and all, but that's it...

> Now do you really think that a **SINGLE SKIN** is worth the same amount of gems as a pack that holds an **outfit + glider + back skin + dyes + Total Make Over Kit + Unique-ish weapon skin**, not to mention the same value as a pack of **5 different mount skins**?

> Did you sell enough of the Warhound to make you think that people will buy stuff at this price? I personally saw like 3 Warhounds in-game since they were released, so i'm assuming not that many were sold.

> Or is this pettiness over the feedback on the previous mount skin release?

Jup, me too.

I heard about a new mount on the store and thought: **'Nah, with all the backlash lately, they just aren't... oh boy, they are!'**

That just left me puzzled with a big **WTF?!** on my face.

**I really don't enjoy playing the game right now anymore.** I was really looking forward to LS4, but after this I didn't even bother to look into the story or even travel to the new areas. Yeah, I might be a little emotional on this, but if you fell in love with something, the wakeup call is all so much more hurting.

It's this disrespect to us players that's just... well, and I also can't even find the right words anymore.

It's like when you met someone and you thought everything is peachy, but then you slowly come to notice they're no different then all these other faceless things out there. -_-

**Seriously ANet, you're listening to any cat content and can post an instant reply, so you must notice what's going on here!**

Maybe I missed it mentioned, but how many dye channels does this new mount skin have?

(It said you could dye the particle effect but not whether there were 2 or 4 dye channels in total)

Anyway, for feedback: it's not random chance/gambling, so it's a considerably better situation in my opinion, even if it is really expensive. I can't imagine buying it myself, not for that price. Personally, I'm still holding out for nice four dye channel mount I can choose that is a reasonable price (500-700 gems - or maybe a wintersday bundle at 1600 like the spooky set). But, for a niche character theme (probably Mesmer related), I could see someone splurging on this if they knew they would get a lot of enjoyment out of it. It's definitely not a micro purchase though. I'ts more of a "I want this and will only get this one thing, instead of a bunch of different gem store purchases." I don't imagine seeing many of them around, but_ I am_ happy not to see new RNG-gated mounts.

> @Matick.4132 said:

> **Seriously ANet, you're listening to any cat content and can post an instant reply, so you must notice what's going on here!**

Currently they are pretty engaged celebrating on [reddit](

"reddit"). No time to react to topics like this on the official forums.

But since the whole skingate and despite MO's answer (who by the way isn't game director anymore, just read the thread on reddit) then the rng-element in the pack and now the overpriced single skin I wonder whether it really is Arenanet who decides and sets the prices in the shop or rather NCSoft demanding it?

Edit:

It's not NCSoft.

>Hi,

>

>As I wrote in my previous response, it’s been a wonderful challenge to support all Living World and Live content development for a game of this size, for five years and counting, purely through the sale of optional microtransactions. We laid out our guiding principles for GW2 microtransactions in March 2012 and we've held true to them ever since. My motivation is to continue to stay true to those principles while also continuing to fund Live content development. I recently apologized for our missteps with the Mount Adoption License. Still, mount skins are purely cosmetic, thus in many ways an ideal embodiment of our goal to support the game with optional microtransactions.

>

> Most of us have two relationships with the GW2 gem store. One relationship is that of a customer: we purchase things when we want them for ourselves and agree with how they’re bundled and priced. Another relationship is that of an interested party: we know that ArenaNet funds Live development through the sale of gems for cash, and we enjoy playing new content like today’s release, so we hope that the gem store does well enough to keep supporting content development. We might say, “I wouldn’t buy that!”, but if enough people buy it that it supports ongoing Live development, we’re still happy.

>

> Mount skins are style items, and style items have some unique challenges. They’re subject to individual taste, so except for the very flashiest items, individual style items will have limited sales. Also, GW2 isn’t setup to support an enjoyable experience of browsing through a large catalog of style items, so players tend not to do that. What our data shows is that higher-priced flashy individual items can work, and lower-average-price-per-item bundles can work, but lower-priced individual items generally don’t generate meaningful revenue to support the game. And the whole point of these items is to support the game.

>

> GW2 is a content-rich online world with no monthly fee, so it’s a great overall value, with microtransactions doing the heavy lifting of funding continued development of the game. It shouldn’t also be our goal to have the lowest-priced microtransactions. In that case, the only logical outcome would be that we could afford to make less content than other developers, and I think that’s not what any of us are looking for. I love our current pace of content development and I hope we can support it for a long time to come.

>

> We’re all in this together. It’s obvious in your posts that you’re thoughtful and motivated to see the game do well. You balance between loving the game and not always agreeing with how gem store items are bundled or priced. That’s fair. We have a commerce team that lives that dilemma every day. We’re all doing our best for the long-term health of the game.

>

> Thank you all for your passion, and again, thank you for your continued support of Live development.

>

> ~ MO

Source:

> @Matick.4132 said:

> > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > Taking the risk of beating up a dead horse, i'll have to address the issue with this:

> > # It's not worth 2000 gems.

> >

> > Come on Arena Net... This again?

> > Look, here's the deal, the skin is kinda neat, and all, but it's not GREAT, i might use it on my mesmer, because mesmers are peacocky and all, but that's it...

> > Now do you really think that a **SINGLE SKIN** is worth the same amount of gems as a pack that holds an **outfit + glider + back skin + dyes + Total Make Over Kit + Unique-ish weapon skin**, not to mention the same value as a pack of **5 different mount skins**?

> > Did you sell enough of the Warhound to make you think that people will buy stuff at this price? I personally saw like 3 Warhounds in-game since they were released, so i'm assuming not that many were sold.

> > Or is this pettiness over the feedback on the previous mount skin release?

>

> Jup, me too.

>

> I heard about a new mount on the store and thought: **'Nah, with all the backlash lately, they just aren't... oh boy, they are!'**

>

> That just left me puzzled with a big **kitten?!** on my face.

> **I really don't enjoy playing the game right now anymore.** I was really looking forward to LS4, but after this I didn't even bother to look into the story or even travel to the new areas. Yeah, I might be a little emotional on this, but if you fell in love with something, the wakeup call is all so much more hurting.

> It's this disrespect to us players that's just... well, and I also can't even find the right words anymore.

> It's like when you met someone and you thought everything is peachy, but then you slowly come to notice they're no different then all these other faceless things out there. -_-

>

> **Seriously ANet, you're listening to any cat content and can post an instant reply, so you must notice what's going on here!**

You seem to have too much of your happiness dependent on gemstore items, I mean if not buying a gemstore skin today ruined your day then you might have an issue. The mount is over priced for me, I won't buy it, you need to relax.

Although I wont be paying 2000 gems for it as I feel it is too much, if this is the pricing they came to in order to keep the doors open and keep pushing out content then as long as it is not thrown into some dodgy rng gamble/loot box then im ok with it.

I wont ever be paying that much for any mount skin, but it is obviously not aimed at me. Since there is no monthly fee and these are purely cosmetic and optional, I do not have as much of a problem with the price as the op seems to have. If the price of an item is the biggest gripe we have about the GW2 cash shop, then it can't be that bad considering how awful it can be when you consider what some other mmo's do with their cash shops.

> @Lanhelin.3480 said:

>GW2 isn’t setup to support an enjoyable experience of browsing through a large catalog of style items, so players tend not to do that.

> > ~ MO>

> Source:

What does that even mean? Of _course_ if there isn't a large catalog of style items, which I think is a problem right there, players won't have an enjoyable experience browsing through it. Am I misunderstanding this statement? And from the same post, also from MO:

>What our data shows is that higher-priced flashy individual items can work, and lower-average-price-per-item bundles can work, but lower-priced individual items generally don’t generate meaningful revenue to support the game.

Am I also to understand from what he posted that we can expect fewer lower priced items and more higher priced ones and bundles? That is the exact opposite of what I'd want to see.

I appreciate how much work you guys put into this game but the last two big things to come out of the new expansion have been about money. Im losing faith in this game and this did not help. It seems like this game has finally fallen into the "get as much money out of them as possible before they jump ship" mode of plenty of other games. You are hurting yourself and your customers. I really do understand why you brought in mounts now and honestly I dont think it was for the fans I think it was a way for you to fatten your wallets. They are just cash cows to you. As pretty as they are I refuse to buy anything from you guys for awhile and hopefully the dollars in the long run will matter and the lack there of. Please fix this before you lose more to this.

> @KronosBaelfire.6289 said:

> Guess I'm a bad influence because I love my new resplendent avian raptor skin :)

To that, I say congrats. :+1:

And don't let the fuss diminish your enjoyment of it.

For various reasons of self-interest or game health, the 2000 gem cost is a concern, but if you have the gems/gold to get it, I'm thankful for your support of the game.

This isn't as bad as the rng box, mostly cause it doesn't play with frustration of the buyers, so certainly it won't be as damaging to the game in the long run as the other option. still is too expensive. I do understand a-net point of view with the legendary skins though...

To people saying that the communitty doesn't know what it wants... of course not cause it's tons of different individuals, not because one person is against super expensive skins where you can choose is the same sentiment of everyone who opposed RNG. Plus, the outcry for this is significantly less.

still, 3 suggestions regarding mount skins in general that IMO will help making them more enjoyable consumer side while keeping the price tags.

a) Create 5 re-skins with some decent patterns that still don't take too much time and replace the 3-4 dye channel vanilla skins in the license adoption for this ones. Add the vanilla skins with more dye channels as in game collection rewards.

Reasoning: this would help somewhat with the ingame reward drought that some people experience, plus being an incentive to play more of the game (imo collections with good rewards is the best way to incentive further playing the game withouth turning it into a grindfest). Additionally people who already bought them with adoption license still get something unique, and finally it gives an decent ingame alternative to people that didnt wanted to pay 2000 gems for a skin anyways. (also even if im interested in the peacock, some of my characters would still be better with the raptor)

b) Legendary skins either always available, or available for longs period of time.

Reasoning: this stuff is expensive, but having them available for long time (longer than outfits) would let the consumer who probably can spend only 800 or 1600 gems in a skin more time to grind gold for the difference (this kind of consumer wouldnt have bought the skin at 2000 anyways)... plus for us who don't have tons of monnies to spend everytime one of those skins drops, large purchase are usually better if you have more time to plan for them.

c) the adoption license lets you choose the mount type.

Reasoning: would greatly reduce the consumer frustration upon purchasing and not getting the skin they wanted if they at least get a nice skin for the mount the beforehand planned to bling bling. plus is probably the option that screw the less people who already purchased. (and in general less frustration benefit everyone IMO since it keeps the game less toxic, and less unfounded hate is thrown at the mounts spenders):

The main reason I drop real monnies in the gemstore is rather to support the game than to get the shinnies, so frankly for me is not a big deal, but even then still can be slightly disheartening than after purchasing 960 gems (1600 minus phoenix armor) and even turning all my gold into gem, i'm still unable to get a guaranteed fully dyeable raptor skin (plus is not like there arent other stuff in the gemstore i want like characater slots or makeover kits)

Bonus Track: Once youve decided and implemented the total number of mounts in game, maybe you can distribute them across the year (for example january and february for griphon, march and april for raptor, etc...) and make those timeframes the month of the raptor where all the legendary skins of the raptor are made avaiable for purchase. so people have even more time to plan those purchases.