Living World 4 Portal Tome

Rikimaru.7890

> @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > You're all missing why it was done this way...you can only purchase and use the Tomes/Scrolls for that respective LWS, so if one player only has LWS3, they can only buy the Scrolls and Tomes from LWS3, same goes for LWS4. If you have both seasons and subsequent seasons then each season gets it's own Tome so you can have those Scrolls and Tomes from the Seasons you have access to...it makes complete sense, most of you just don't want to see it.

>

> That literally makes 0 sense. You can't even start ls4 without PoF. There is no reason to have more scrolls

But you don't need LS3 to have PoF and LS4, so in that case it does make sense...conceivably someone could own the core game, LS2, PoF and LS4, they wouldn't get a Tome from LS3 that would hold all of the Portal Scrolls, they would only get one that holds all of LS4 Portal Scrolls...therefore they would only need the LS4 Portal Tome.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > You're all missing why it was done this way...you can only purchase and use the Tomes/Scrolls for that respective LWS, so if one player only has LWS3, they can only buy the Scrolls and Tomes from LWS3, same goes for LWS4. If you have both seasons and subsequent seasons then each season gets it's own Tome so you can have those Scrolls and Tomes from the Seasons you have access to...it makes complete sense, most of you just don't want to see it.

> >

> > That literally makes 0 sense. You can't even start ls4 without PoF. There is no reason to have more scrolls

>

> But you don't need LS3 to have PoF and LS4, so in that case it does make sense...conceivably someone could own the core game, LS2, PoF and LS4, they wouldn't get a Tome from LS3 that would hold all of the Portal Scrolls, they would only get one that holds all of LS4 Portal Scrolls...therefore they would only need the LS4 Portal Tome.

And why not instead be able to buy the OmniTome that can hold all Portal Scrolls, which could be sold at all vendors that sell a Portal Scroll? You’re arguing that because some can’t buy the some of the pocket waypoints that means it somehow requires two Tomes to hold pocket waypoints instead of one OmniTome.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > > > You're all missing why it was done this way...you can only purchase and use the Tomes/Scrolls for that respective LWS, so if one player only has LWS3, they can only buy the Scrolls and Tomes from LWS3, same goes for LWS4. If you have both seasons and subsequent seasons then each season gets it's own Tome so you can have those Scrolls and Tomes from the Seasons you have access to...it makes complete sense, most of you just don't want to see it.

> > >

> > > That literally makes 0 sense. You can't even start ls4 without PoF. There is no reason to have more scrolls

> >

> > But you don't need LS3 to have PoF and LS4, so in that case it does make sense...conceivably someone could own the core game, LS2, PoF and LS4, they wouldn't get a Tome from LS3 that would hold all of the Portal Scrolls, they would only get one that holds all of LS4 Portal Scrolls...therefore they would only need the LS4 Portal Tome.

>

> And why not instead be able to buy the OmniTome that can hold all Portal Scrolls, which could be sold at all vendors that sell a Portal Scroll? You’re arguing that because some can’t buy the some of the pocket waypoints that means it somehow requires two Tomes to hold pocket waypoints instead of one OmniTome.

No, that last response was in reply to the specific poster about PoF...my original response was sort of tongue-in-cheek/sarcasm, if you've been around long enough you should know how ArenaNet works...in other words I wouldn't have expected a single Tome to hold all scrolls currently and coming in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> This.

> They should've kept it as a "Living World Portal Tome" that you can access all in just one thing. Making it 2 separate items goes against their lie about "We take it in our duty to try to be careful when it comes to player's inventory space".

This....so much this. I just purchased the LW4 portal tome a few weeks ago and decided to pick up the LW3 portal scroll to add to it....NOPE won't let me...but the npc will sell me another tome to place the scroll into. So now I have two LW portal tomes...that only hold a single portal scroll each.

Lamest setup I've ever seen. I see no reason to have multiple tomes that hold only one scroll .............we have multiple scrolls, so we should be able to combine all scrolls into one single tome to save space. What you have done is create a situation where there is no saving space what-so-ever. So why create the tome in the first place if we cannot combine.???

The main reason I'm okay with two tomes is ANet doesn't do interfaces well all the time. I'd rather have two tomes that don't require extra clicking instead of one that looks like the portal interface in Mistlock Sanctuary. The list isn't alphabetical, it's not in order of convenience.

(For the record, it's: return to previous, Grove, Hoelbrak, Rata, Div Reach DR, LA, LA aerodrome)

With a list of 12 (eventually), I fear I'd end up clicking twice just to get to the LS3 options.

Agreed, OP. I'd really like to see the tomes merged. The gating on whether a person owns LS3 or LS4 comes when you buy the scrolls. The tome should be able to hold any scroll. To Illconceived's point, I too wouldn't want to click around to find the later episodes, but hopefully the devs would be able to make a usable interface. And personally I'd prioritize the saving of the inventory slot as opposed to the extra click on a poor interface.

• 4 weeks later...

Eh, while having only one inventory slot taken instead of two would be decent QoL, it is the least important gripe of all the gripes that I have about the game. I would rather they dedicate time to fixing almost anything else than worry about the time it would take to do this, which may be more complicated than people actually expect considering that the game engine restricts them from doing things like adding more than two currencies to the bottom of the inventory panel, which seems like it should be the easiest fix in the world. Like, they have literally said they would have to completely rewrite how the inventory panel works from scratch to make it display more than two currencies at a time, so what makes people think ANYTHING is ever an easy fix for them?

TL;DR, Other things are way more important than this. Please don't bother unless it's literally a five minute fix and won't really take anyone's time.