Legendary Ring. Why is there no outrage?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything must be made available to everyone, cause we deserve everything ANet.

ANet please give everyone in the game access to the shiney floaty things from PvP tournaments.

I'm being sarcastic. You should work for something if you want something.

ANet, if you actually want raids to continue being a success, please have a backbone for once and don't do the same nonsense you did with legendary armour. Raids already does not reward you reasonably...nor does repeat clears benefit players willing to help others. So, for once, have some backbone. Stop bending over to cater to the entitled people that scream loudly all the time in these sub-forums.

for all those complaining people that want legendary items without effort, just improve yerselves and do raids. or just grind gold and buy the bosses. i don't understand what's hard in it. copy pasta a dps build, train a bit on golem, learn boss mechanics and that's it.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> > @Torolan.5816 said:

> > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > @AlexPort.9204 said:

> > > > but because its the devil raids again the entitled gw2 casual fraction is in arms again...

> > >

> > > It's the sad state of the community at large that people would rather run circles in silverwaste than challenge themselves and get unique loot.

> >

> > It´s the sad state of the community at large that people would rather enforce the meta and run their head in rather than have fun with easy accessible content.

> >

> > See how easy it is to also see the other side of that coin? :)

>

> See though here's the thing, no one is forcing you to group with those people who play meta. You dont like meta no problem. Create your own off meta group and go get your shiny.

>

> See how easy that was for a solution. Especially considering how many people claim to want the shiny but don't want to be forced to play with that crowd you should have quite an easy time forming your own groups.

You came along to complain about the mindset of lazy casuals out of the blue, and I replied with the usual counterargument against it.

My personal interest for ramming my head against a raid boss is zero, meta or not. I don´t know why it is so hard to accept that not everyone is of the mindset that the hardest content must have the best reward? This is neither a job or a professional sports club, not even charity work.

As a first hour player of GW1 and GW2 my opinion is as good as yours, I have the same right to ask for content I like as you do. If Anet now leans more into your corner right now, sucks for me. Still my opinion is valid and was surely the majority of a large portion of GW2 players when the game was younger.

> @Rennie.6750 said:

> As long as the collection doesn't require more than a raid boss kill from raiding that won't be an issue for me.

It does. First 4 items are from wing 5

> @Vulf.3098 said:

> > @Astralporing.1957 said:

> > That the content is not good enough for people to like it, and they need to be bought with shinies? Yes, it is sad.

>

> Yes this legendary ring will definitely make the raiding population skyrocket. I seriously doubt it will have an effect at all because the people who are complaining about it in this thread will still not go into raid to do it while the rest simply do not care.

>

So, it will not get anyone to play raids/stay in them longer, but it does make a lot of people disappointed and angry. Seems like a net negative to me in this case - so why put it in raids at all?

(unless, of course, the premise is faulty and Anet _does_ want it to prop declining raid population)

> @Shiyo.3578 said:

> > @Kapax.3801 said:

> > I think Anet is trying to force people to do Raids.

> > Currently PvP and WvW are almost dead due to the imbalance and abandonment they have now, so people only have PvE, making a legendary is a way to keep you entertained, but as the new legendary ring is within a content that almost nobody plays, then the game will become more boring.

> > If this continues, trying to make us play their clumsy raids, the correct thing would be to reduce the price of the expansion and leave the raids as additional content. (and if some day you regret and want to play the raids, give you the option to "upgrade" the account).

> >

>

> This game has such a small amount of raids in LFG compared to ff14 and wow it makes me question why they even make raids.

Because people have been asking for challenging content, fractals have been dried clean, and the openworld pve and story has always been arbitrarily easy to the point a ten year old could defeat the souleater on the first run before it was nerfed (because some people don't know what a breakbar and CC is).

Raids have been very welcoming to people who are willing to put a little effort into the game.

Yes, the casual playerbase is bigger than the raiderbase. But the reason you see so few LFG groups is because raids require communication. That means people prefer to join guilds that make groups so it's easier to find likeminded people than pugging.

Some bosses are easy to pug mind you, but more than half are undoable without an optimized team. Try doing xera with a pug, your keyboard will learn a new defenition to gravity

> @Taygus.4571 said:

> > @Fremtid.3528 said:

> > > @Taygus.4571 said:

> > > I don't do raids.

> > >

> > > I don't see the problem of offering a legendary ring. It's not like you need it for pve. And ascended trinkets are easy enough to get.

> > >

> > This is literally besides the point. Some people like having legendaries because it means every time they release new stats, all they have to do is change the legendary gear and don't have to mystic forge gear a thousand times until you find a build for you. Especially with hardened leather being at the high price it is now. Which is why when originally legendary armor was locked behind only raids SO MANY PEOPLE WERE PISSED. And now with the upcoming release of a set of legendary trinkets and rings etc people are like "cool, i won't have to grind whatever current currency to get trinkets, just stat swap." But anet's like "hold up a sec, lol, you raid bro?"

> >

> > Not only that, the creation of legendaries gives people long to semi-long term goals to keep them logging in every day. And when you lock the only one of it's slot behind raids after already giving raids the only legendary armor with effects. I'm sorry it's kitten. I already have more than enough ascended trinkets! You're right they ARE easy to get. Unfortunately, I wanted to build the legendary ring so that if i needed to tweak my build for wvw I wouldn't have to mindlessly farm living world currency for a week or more to get it. I'd rather put my hard work into an investment not throw away trash that I'm going to have to toss next stat change. Next elite spec. Next balance patch.

> >

> > And as I've said before, with them releasing the ring like this. It now means I have nothing to do until Christmas. Which is a problem for me and no incentive to log in. And you might be like whatever to that but I'm industrious and I've done a lot of stuff in this game that other people haven't. I'm an ach hunter. GH builder. I've built and decorated a private gh. I've built 17 legendaries. Despite my heavy PVE leanings I'm almost rank 900 in wvw. I've accomplished a lot in the three years i've been playing this game. And if I tell you *I* have nothing to do. You can bet people with a lot less drive are bored as well.

> >

> >

> Guess you better find a raid guild ;)

>

> In most cases..its cheaper to have a separate character with the different ascended stats that you want theb it is to go through the process of legendary anyway.

>

> And you still would have to change sigils.

>

> And you sound like you spen far too many hours in this game. Have a kit kat.

>

>

> I'm not bored.... And I have like no real goals lol. But I also don't treat the game like a full time job.

tfw someone off topic tells you to eat chocolate, you don't even like chocolate and its not even high quality chocolate they're offering you. /coolstorybro

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> I see this a lot, but there is no truth to it. Some people simply do not like a game mode, or do not like to deal with the people that game mode attracts., and being forced to do that game mode or do without, is a very legit reason to move on to another game that either does not have that game mode, or does not lock things behind it.

My thoughts exactly.

> @Fremtid.3528 said:

> I kinda meh'd out on this game around mountgate, not coz of mountgate but because of something that happened irl. So I stopped playing. When I saw they had introduced a legendary ring I was like "sweet! maybe that will get me back into the game!" but then I came here and saw it was unlocked via raids. Still I was not deterred, I just made plans to buy a raid boss sometime in the future to unlock it. Hoping that it would be like Aurora and the rest of the collection would just be like stuff to occupy me. But I read the thread some more and see the collection items are tied to raids too. Sigh. There used to be a time when I spent $300-$500 a month in gems, this was also not counting the fact I gave away gem cards to friends ingame for various things like birthday and christmas presents, I'd spend the money I bought gems with on presents for friends, gemstore items, gold etc every month but I find myself unhappy with this game more and more so now I barely spend $50 a month. Also helps that most of my close friends either left or barely play. I've made almost every legendary I could want except the wvw armor. I just barely finished the body and got like 1/4th of the tickets needed for the legs and was like...ugh I can't do this. I love playing wvw but the effort to acquire a legendary set in wvw is way more than that for raiders (in tickets) and it doesn't even have a legendarylike skin if you're not rank 2000. But beyond that, I think GW2 suffers from a real lack of endgame content and rewards I was in almost this exact same rut when they released aurora and the shining blade and I thought cool! something to do. But when I finished I had nothing to do. There was a serious lack of content with PoF. Which was covered up by the fact that "oh! it's ok! LS is coming out in a few months." Uhh... that's great but there's nothing to DO. My endgame is having a goal that I work toward. I built more than 4 guild halls and 17 or 18 legendaries including the fractal backpack, wvw bodypiece and several HoT gen 2 weapons. You should see my private guild hall, it is decorated to the max, I have dumped so much money, gold, time spent gathering festival currency for decors in it. So the fact that I'M saying I'm bored and have nothing to do is a big thing. And so instead of giving people like me, something to do to occupy our time they release the latest shiney locked behind raids. I don't have the skill for raids and I never will. One of the things that has made gw2 hard to quit for me so far is because it is such a casual friendly game where people don't scream at you for dying or messing up in dungeons. When I roam in wvw I roam with a small group of guildies who all understand dying is what you do in wvw. But in raids, dying blocks progression because everyone can't carry the weak players. So what happens? The insults come out, people get yelled at for not using x skill or doing x thing or doing x tactic. I was talking to someone I know who was training some noobies in a raid and he's like "I'm normally a patient person but we did x over and over and over and I couldn't help it I just started screaming at them and I felt bad but...."

>

> And that's why I don't raid. I don't wanna be screamed at by someone on the internet even if they're my "friend". Hell, especially if they're my friend. I deserve better than to be belittled by anyone much less some person online. In another game, I was in a guild raid and the leaders just started screaming at people and calling everyone useless and I'm like "hey, chillax with that there's no need to yell at people and call names" and they justified losing their temper like because its a high pressure situation and we shouldn't take it personally and didn't apologize. I fail to see when people shouldn't take being called useless personally. It's abuse.

>

> I realize GW2 is a MMORPG, that's one of the things I like about it. I adore my friends. But I feel it's extremely unfair to put people in extremely toxic environments because they happen to desire an item that will give them an endgame goal in a game where there's practically nothing to do endgame. The only reason I feel wvw isn't as toxic as pvp (and thus makes me able to enjoy it) is half the population doesn't understand how to, or care to bother their opponent. Some of the rest aren't jerks and yeah you do meet a few toxic whisperers in wvw but not nearly on the level of pvp where people will rage at you the second you enter a map just because of what class you're on.

>

> I also feel like I would have less problem with them releasing a legendary ring bound to raids, if they had released a different legendary ring you could unlock like aurora. Stuff like that wouldn't matter if we have options but we don't. Which just reinforces that the gemstore is the true OW PVE endgame. And tbh I've spent thousands on the gemstore. Bought 6 ultimate copies of HoT for myself and several for others. But i only bought I copy of PoF and 1 for a friend. I'd like mounts for my alt accounts coz they're convienent but I have no reason to play because I'm tired of gemstore endgame.

Yep me too, first blow was legendary armour in raids then PVP / WVW legendary armour and nothing for PVE, now the legendary ring is the final straw for me and I've been playing for over 4 years now. They have not only lost me as a regular player but also as a customer. I wont be spending anymore money on this game until they release a PVE legendary armour and set of trinkets. I would have been fine too with raids getting these things and PVP/WVW if PVE had got there own as well.

Just wanted to say how I feel over this and hope ANet actually takes the feedback on board.

Till then I am trying out ESO.

Thanks.

> @Astralporing.1957 said:

> So, it will not get anyone to play raids/stay in them longer, but it does make a lot of people disappointed and angry. Seems like a net negative to me in this case - so why put it in raids at all?

> (unless, of course, the premise is faulty and Anet _does_ want it to prop declining raid population)

Why add anything at all? People get upset and angry every time something new is added to the game regardless of the gamemode so I do not get your point.

Source on declining raid population or are we assuming things again?

> @Astralporing.1957 said:

> Learning raids was never a problem (for me, at least, i know people for whom it's way, way harder, and not for lack of trying). They still remain a content only a minority of players actually _like_. Not even all _raiders_ like it.

>

> Are you seriously suggesting that people should be incentivized to do the content they dislike? Wouldn't that diminish the fun they get out of the game? What design goal is that...

Erm... eeeeh... you realize that's how MMORPG design works since nearly 20 years now, right? For a good reason, it's how you get ROI because if players all only play a fraction of your game developing all those fractions is too costly for the income. Hence you add reward tracks making farming certain things much easier to WvW, legendary armor to raids, etc etc etc.

In time (see legendary armor!) you add more options to other marginal areas of your game. Slowly.

Why should there be any rewards, where you have to be reliant on other players for anything. If I fail at a raid 9/10 times its not my fault. If I'm a good player then it becomes 1/99 times its not my fault. I don't understand what the fascination is with tying success in games to other players ability to succeed. Might as well just make the game based on 1/10th skill and 9/10ths RNG luck. Would be nice to just have NPC's to order around, I hate relying on other people for anything.

Biggest reason I don't raid, I cant stand the socialization, especially with the types of people that gravitate towards team based mmo raiding. Other then that I think the content itself is an easy joke that I could accomplish with a couple of NPC's hero's, which would be nice to have at this point.

I believe it's fine to lock a legendary ring behind the raids. The thing is some of players are not willing to try raids because of many reasons (elitism, time required and etc.). All of those reasons depends on the group requirements. For example, it's perfectly fine to go raiding with full exotics armour and ascended weapons.

Second thing, there should something new with the updates. You can't actually introduce a new raid wing and throw old or similar rewards. There would be no point in doing that raid wing at all if you can achieve something clearing an old one.

Also good equipment shouldn't be accessed easily, so it's a right way to do with the rings. Welcome to the MMORPG genre where's the social part of the game is important.

The big joke is complaining about a legendary item locked raid behind raid when we don't even know what this item looks like (iirc anyway, if you have a link plz share).

Hence why there is no outrage.

As for the functionality of the item, it might just be easier to go farm bloodstone fen.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Vulf.3098 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > Oh. There will be an effect.. There is always an effect when these things happen. But I have to agree with you, It won't increase the raid population.

> >

> > If people are quitting the game over this then they weren't enjoying it to begin with. The fact that reddit hasn't exploded over this means that people will get over it in about a week.

> >

>

> I see this a lot, but there is no truth to it. Some people simply do not like a game mode, or do not like to deal with the people that game mode attracts., and being forced to do that game mode or do without, is a very legit reason to move on to another game that either does not have that game mode, or does not lock things behind it.

I think the PvP backpack is great but i dont enjoy playing PvP and have therefore accepted that it isnt something I'll get unless i change my mind. The issue is that alot of people seemingly feel they are entitled and have a right to obtain everything regardless of what they do in game. People need to accept that there are different items in different areas of the game, and that they need to play that content to access it. Its not blocked by anything else than level and ownership of exapansion after all.

> @Torolan.5816 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > @Torolan.5816 said:

> > > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > > > @AlexPort.9204 said:

> > > > > but because its the devil raids again the entitled gw2 casual fraction is in arms again...

> > > >

> > > > It's the sad state of the community at large that people would rather run circles in silverwaste than challenge themselves and get unique loot.

> > >

> > > It´s the sad state of the community at large that people would rather enforce the meta and run their head in rather than have fun with easy accessible content.

> > >

> > > See how easy it is to also see the other side of that coin? :)

> >

> > See though here's the thing, no one is forcing you to group with those people who play meta. You dont like meta no problem. Create your own off meta group and go get your shiny.

> >

> > See how easy that was for a solution. Especially considering how many people claim to want the shiny but don't want to be forced to play with that crowd you should have quite an easy time forming your own groups.

>

> You came along to complain about the mindset of lazy casuals out of the blue, and I replied with the usual counterargument against it.

> My personal interest for ramming my head against a raid boss is zero, meta or not. I don´t know why it is so hard to accept that not everyone is of the mindset that the hardest content must have the best reward? This is neither a job or a professional sports club, not even charity work.

>

> As a first hour player of GW1 and GW2 my opinion is as good as yours, I have the same right to ask for content I like as you do. If Anet now leans more into your corner right now, sucks for me. Still my opinion is valid and was surely the majority of a large portion of GW2 players when the game was younger.

I never complained about the mindset of people. If saying if you want the loot go get it is complaining then we've hit a brand new low as a community and society.

I fully well some people have no interest in raiding, that's no reason to be up in arms and claim the system is working against you. If anything its cause for introspective as to if the reward is really worth it especially given how much investment is is and how little you'll actually get out of it.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> > @Torolan.5816 said:

> >

> > You came along to complain about the mindset of lazy casuals out of the blue, and I replied with the usual counterargument against it.

> > My personal interest for ramming my head against a raid boss is zero, meta or not. I don´t know why it is so hard to accept that not everyone is of the mindset that the hardest content must have the best reward? This is neither a job or a professional sports club, not even charity work.

> >

> > As a first hour player of GW1 and GW2 my opinion is as good as yours, I have the same right to ask for content I like as you do. If Anet now leans more into your corner right now, sucks for me. Still my opinion is valid and was surely the majority of a large portion of GW2 players when the game was younger.

>

> I never complained about the mindset of people. If saying if you want the loot go get it is complaining then we've hit a brand new low as a community and society.

>

> I fully well some people have no interest in raiding, that's no reason to be up in arms and claim the system is working against you. If anything its cause for introspective as to if the reward is really worth it especially given how much investment is is and how little you'll actually get out of it.

To be fair, the MMO genre is the proximate cause of the loot dispute. For a game in the MMO genre to thrive, it requires players to play content long after they would grow bored with it if there was no loot reward to pursue. So, raids have loot that can only be gotten therein, just as all different content has loot that can only be gotten therein. That loot has to be desirable or players won't bother. The very mechanism that keeps people playing raids is what also sparks the demands to access raid loot by people who don't want to raid.

Why no outrage? Because it's lumped in with legendary armour since it's locked behind raids and if they're like me; we've just given up on that before it started.

It's locked behind a raid, I don't raid. Same as with PvP now. I gave up on that backpack around season 3.

Maybe I can use a RL example to make it a little clearer what I mean:

Assume we have a worker who has always shown dedication, good work and loyality. He has a high school diploma and knows his job. The work given out by the company is rather simple, and nobody cares if the worker goes for a quick bathroom or cigarette break.

The company that employs him then one day says:

"Mr worker, you have always done your job well and we appreciate that your dedication has helped us to stay in the market. But now we have this brand new production line that requires technicans instead of workers, and you´re not qualified enough anymore. Don´t worry, you can keep your job but you will never be promoted again until you also make a course as a technician. If you want to make said course, your working dress must be GREEN. Not red or blue, just GREEN."

Then imagine one of the technicians comes around from his brand new working place and says:

"You know Mr. worker, we get an technician-only apple every day. Because we are technicians. Not because we are more often on the job than you are or earn more than you do for the company, just so."

I was always repelled by the mindset of monetarily successful people in RL who defended their much to high paychecks or bonus payments with the idea that others simply could have followed suit and the disgruntled regular people they encounter all have envoy problems.