Legendary Ring. Why is there no outrage?

> @Daniel.5428 said:

> As a person who raided since day 1 and who had all needed material for legendary set even before they introduced it (yes, I crafted the legendary armor first 10 minutes after release) I can tell you that I am very very dissapointed. I plan to do the new wing for the story, but I would have like if the legendary world was locked behind the maps of LS4, like Aurora was for LS3. My engi has all possible legendary items at this moment and I will do the same for ring too, but I still will never agree with all this locking accesorries behind raid. Raids had their legendary armor, Story maps should have had their legendary trinkets.

And.....Have you ever heard of Aurora ?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> Why should you pretend an item locked behind an ongoing content?

>

> Aurora was a total fail due to druidic runestones and hearts farm.

Aurora was not failed at all. Most of my guild mates had the druidic back before they even announced Aurora. It is probably the cheapest Ascended backpack you can get, even if it is time locked. 2 weeks are more than enough to get it.

> @Crossaber.8934 said:

> So more and more good stuff locked behind Raid, looks like the game is no longer the original GW2.

Agreed.

Please stop making raids rewarding. So few players actually do raids in this game because of how unaccessible they are to someone even if that person is capable of doing them nearly blindfolded.

> @Daniel.5428 said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > Why should you pretend an item locked behind an ongoing content?

> >

> > Aurora was a total fail due to druidic runestones and hearts farm.

>

> Aurora was not failed at all. Most of my guild mates had the druidic back before they even announced Aurora. It is probably the cheapest Ascended backpack you can get, even if it is time locked. 2 weeks are more than enough to get it.

I didn't mention the cost, but the time sink and useless heart farming.

It was definitely a fail.

Some get started with aurora before it was announced?

Why should i care?

Why no outrage? I personally don't feel like community outrage changes anything.

They are trying to incentivise raiding. A lot of raiders already have their legendary armour and the new raid needs new rewards. This ring being available through raiding seems OK to me, a non-raider.

It seems OK to me because I expect another legendary ring/accessory/amulet to become available with the final episode of LS4 like Aurora was made available at the end of LS3. I wouldn't have expected one at the start of LS4, it's a good means to make us revisit the entire season.

I think it is again just a very thinnly veiled attempt to lure people into raiding. if Anet would use their energy to produce a gripping story with reasonable APs for the completionists instead of this they would be into a much better spot. Contrary to legendary armor, a legendary ring is very easy to replace if you already are a veteran of the game so I won´t go on a rage for it.

> @Pifil.5193 said:

> They are trying to incentivise raiding.

If the raids need even more one-time incentives than they already have, then they must be in a really bad shape.

> @ProtoGunner.4953 said:

> There needs to be something special for the raids. But yes, it should have been something different.

Raids have already way too many special things made just for them. They do not need more.

> @Pifil.5193 said:

> Why no outrage? I personally don't feel like community outrage changes anything.

2 years ago community outrage resulted in giving gw2 veterans free character slot for HoT preorder

1 person outrage succeeded in removal of Achievement Points from top PvP titles.

Another community outrage resulted in removal Desert Borderlands after HoT

Another community outrage resulted in dev promising to improve legendary armor looks (still waiting for this to happen).

Facts prove, that community outrages can make a change and are very effective in infuencing Anet's decisions.

Please add an way to unlock this collection with a laurel purchase. Back in the days, almost all the best stuff in game required laurels as it was the premium currency. But not much has been added to the laurel vendors since.

It would be a nice solution: hardcore raiders are not being bothered with non-raiders only wanting a ring and non-raiders can unlock their collection in a way that it compatible with their style of playing GW2.

As a player who plays WvW exclusively, this is outrageous! I haven't played a single raid and I am level 22k+ and I have been playing this game for 5 years. Raids are not for me, I do not like them! If you are going to introduce an item to the game, do not make it exclusive to a single play mode.

Make items available in all 3 modes:

PvE

WvW

PvP

> @Astralporing.1957 said:

> > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > They are trying to incentivise raiding.

> If the raids need even more one-time incentives than they already have, then they must be in a really bad shape.

>

> > @ProtoGunner.4953 said:

> > There needs to be something special for the raids. But yes, it should have been something different.

> Raids have already way too many special things made just for them. They do not need more.

>

This I can agree with completely.