What's the deal with the fugly Astralarium stairs??

Zoe.8310

Anyone notice how horrible the stairs look on the Astralarium?? Looks like some dev was pressed for time and copy-pasted an asset of 5 steps over and over and over.

Looks horrible!! Sad that they are not smoothly rotated like the stairs in the god's Library we was in the PoF story.........

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I do have to say, I get the mechanics behind copy-pasting the stairs, and don't really expect more than that, but I do object to the stairs they decided to copy-paste. They just look too rough and random to match the polish of the rest of the area. I would have preferred something more in a polished marble, maybe with some gold filigree. These stairs just seem like they belong to a totally different area.

Really, you find those stairs annoying just because they aren't perfectly built...did you ever stop to think they were made that way be design? I'm sure it's on purpose, you have heard of different architecture haven't you?

I looked more closely at the stairs leading from the third floor level to the level above, if you look at the building itself and see how the stairs curl around the wall you'll see that they are designed to go with the flow of the exterior wall, which apparently isn't a smooth curve, hence every set of 5 stairs takes a little jog to the right. So, I know you'll say this doesn't make sense for the rest of the places where it doesn't hug the wall...my response is consistency, keep the style of stairs consistent and that's why they're all formed that way.

The stairs in Astralarium are some of the shittiest stairs I've ever seen in a game. The game used beautiful stair assets all over PoF and then, for Astralarium, they built it like a friggin guild hall. I have to avoid that area just because seeing the stairs kinda triggers this weird anxiety I have about environments (office buildings, rooms in houses, roads, etc.) where things aren't aligned properly with anything in the room. Those stairs.

> @"Chickenooble.5014" said:

> The stairs in Astralarium are some of the kitten stairs I've ever seen in a game. The game used beautiful stair assets all over PoF and then, for Astralarium, they built it like a friggin guild hall. I have to avoid that area just because seeing the stairs kinda triggers this weird anxiety I have about environments (office buildings, rooms in houses, roads, etc.) where things aren't aligned properly with anything in the room. Those stairs.

Those stairs are aligned with the walls between the third and fourth floors, I just looked at them, that is why they are designed that way...then you keep the same design all around for consistency.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> Have you seen what has happened to the great hall and Kamadan? I think these stairs a beautiful in comparison.

Do you mean the spiral steps in Palawdan? I completely loathe those things! Trying to climb them while mobs are firing at you is asking to fall off them. Even without an event going on I can not see them being practical as you can fall off them. Not practical stairs at all. I often skip the chests at the top of them as it is often a waste of time.

Compared to them I had no complaints at all with the Asta ones.