More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > If you don't want to be there, don't go there. Thats completely fine. I just don't see the point of rewarding people for not playing the gamemode.

> And i don't see a point in rewarding people for playing the content they dislike. There's no gain in it whatsoever.

Then don't play the game. Go find another hobby you trully enjoy. I don't care about people that don't like the gamemode, you guys don't deserve it. I didn't wait years for legendary armor to just share it with lazy and spoiled players.

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > Let's follow this "logic" for a second: can i have free legendary items then? I would like to keep my money, farming Istan is too hard/boring for me. It's just a mindless grind. The comunity is too toxic, they yell at me when i attack Amala. I just want to relax in Lions Arch because i work a lot in real life already.

> >

> > Do you understand my point of view now?

> No. A strawman is a strawman. Nobody asks for the alternate paths to require no effort. People just ask for them to require different kinds of effort.

It's not a strawman. Most people i talk about legendary equipment just want it to be cheaper/easier, because they're just interested in the item itself. But even if you were right and people "wanted to work hard for the glorious legendary equipment", i don't want to share the same rewards with other gamemodes.

I wan't anet to give them another set instead, i'm 100% cool with that. I don't even care if it's "better" than raid/wvw armor, i just don't want to share the same rewards with other gamemodes, specially because it would be one less goal for me if they just gave GH/Palawadan people the same stuff as other gamemodes. I want to have item X for playing raids, Y for doing jumping puzzles and Z for WvW.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> So? Every single legendary piece in the game is for a minority of the players.

Legendaries? Yes.. Methods of obtaining them? Nope, not even close.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> And they are all locked behind specific parts of the game. The only PvE backpiece is locked behind fractals. Aurora is locked behind LS3. Weapons are locked behind a combination of open world, dungeons and WvW. What's the problem? "I'm ok with the others but I don't like this specific lock" isn't a valid reason, sorry.

I have been mentioning many times already that the previous legendaries could use alternate paths as well. If you were to propose some, i'd definitely not oppose it. Which you already know, because you have been bringing up that points many times already, you just keep conveniently forgetting about it and thinking next time it will make more sense than before (no, it doesn't).

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> But even if you were right and people "wanted to work hard for the glorious legendary equipment", i don't want to share the same rewards with other gamemodes.

>

> I wan't anet to give them another set instead, i'm 100% cool with that. I don't even care if it's "better" than raid/wvw armor, i just don't want to share the same rewards with other gamemodes, specially because it would be one less goal for me if they just gave GH/Palawadan people the same stuff as other gamemodes. I want to have item X for playing raids, Y for doing jumping puzzles and Z for WvW.

I could live with that. What i oppose (and will keep opposing) is the Raids being the _only_ path to a legendary armor in PvE.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > I don't mind if anet give Istan farmers a legendary set. I just don't want to play pvp/wvw/raids and share the same rewards with people that farm Istan for hours straight and call that content. This game is too easy already and i don't want spoiled players to ruin the little kitten of challenge we have because they are too lazy to do anything that requires more than looting chests. Is that too much to ask?

> > >

> > > How does someone else doing boring farming change the challenge you have in this game? I mean really, if everyone you normally run raids with would suddenly stop running raids if this other content provided Legendary Armor, then none of them enjoyed or even liked doing raids to start with. If they enjoyed raids and the challenge, they would still do them, even if there were other more simple yet tedious paths to the same loot.

> > >

> > > Allow that to simmer for a while.

> > >

> > > Personally, this is a pointless discussion, as we all know Anet won't do anything. But, just a thought to ponder.

> >

> > I'm not really sure how to explain in this in english, but it's some kind of "pride". I don't mind if everyone in the game have the same stuff armor as me, as long as they beat the same challenges as i did. It's like a "token". I'm not better than anyone else, i just don't want to reward lazy, spoiled players. I like when i get new but interested people in my raid groups, i don't even ask for LI and KP nor benchmark dps from them. If people raid just for the items and have a bad time, maybe they should stop being so "consumerist" with all the "hurr durr my shinniez Xddd" and find a hobbie that they actually enjoy.

> >

> > I don't care if people feel bad because they don't want to put effort into something but still want to be rewarded. I care about people that want to play raids but doesn't because of the toxicity/elitism.

> >

> > Let's follow this "logic" for a second: can i have free legendary items then? I would like to keep my money, farming Istan is too hard/boring for me. It's just a mindless grind. The comunity is too toxic, they yell at me when i attack Amala. I just want to relax in Lions Arch because i work a lot in real life already.

> >

> > Do you understand my point of view now?

>

> Some kind of... Pride? Mate, you can buy raid kills, hence LI. LFG has those in abundance, ANET endorses raid selling. Lets say i bought 120 LI that way. We have the same "pride"? Also, you can buy all legendaries except for the first gen 2 ones, which require events and have a journey. The rest are just materials or can be bought straight off from the TP. Sure, you can have the same "pride" for farming for your leggy, with someone who converted money to gems, gems to gold and straight off bought it off the tp... That being said, 3 ways of getting legendary armor are enough, to me at least...

Mate, i would change raid selling too if i could, but i'm more worried about myself and people that enjoy doing raids. I don't care if you paid 20k to someone for your armor, i just want items to be bound to modes instead of just giving easier crafting paths to lazy people.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> Mate, i would change raid selling too if i could, but i'm more worried about myself and people that enjoy doing raids. I don't care if you paid 20k to someone for your armor, i just want items to be bound to modes instead of just giving easier crafting paths to lazy people.

I'm curious who ever said that there should be a quick and easy way to craft legendary armor. I could not find anyone on these forums who asked for that. Can you enlighten me who you are referring to with your comment? It sounds like a bold statement to ask for a quick and easy way (for lazy people) for legendary armor and I would really like to know who had the audacity to suggest that.

Thank you in advance.

I would not be opposed to HoT vendors selling a not-legendary insight for 10k of each HoT map currency + 1k crystalline ore. If people really want to grind open world for the next 5 years to get their armor instead of raid for 9 weeks I say let them. The effort gate to circumvent the skill gate should be immense. If the prestige matters so much to people, Anet can make slight tweaks to the existing armor to make it noticeable that it's not raid armor. eg. make the spikes black instead of white or a different in combat animation that flies off the chest piece.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> >

> > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> >

> > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> >

> > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> >

> > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

>

> Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

>

> P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty damn significant.

And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > Mate, i would change raid selling too if i could, but i'm more worried about myself and people that enjoy doing raids. I don't care if you paid 20k to someone for your armor, i just want items to be bound to modes instead of just giving easier crafting paths to lazy people.

>

> I'm curious who ever said that there should be a quick and easy way to craft legendary armor. I could not find anyone on these forums who asked for that. Can you enlighten me who you are referring to with your comment? It sounds like a bold statement to ask for a quick and easy way (for lazy people) for legendary armor and I would really like to know who had the audacity to suggest that.

>

> Thank you in advance.

In the forums i'm not really sure, i rarely come to this section, but in-game it's very common. Just go to Istan and start talking about it. I farmed that map for a lot of hours pretty much everyday some time ago and everytime someone brought up the "legendaries" topic, everyone agreed that it should be easier and/or cheaper to make. I have friend that don't make legendaries because they're too lazy to do anything but farm SW, Istan and metas. People in my guilds say things liek that.

**I don't mind if anet gives open world casuals a better legendary set than all the other sets combined, i just don't want people to get the same stuff as me who don't put as much effort as i do in my account.** Different game modes should have different rewards.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > I don't mind if anet give Istan farmers a legendary set. I just don't want to play pvp/wvw/raids and share the same rewards with people that farm Istan for hours straight and call that content. This game is too easy already and i don't want spoiled players to ruin the little kitten of challenge we have because they are too lazy to do anything that requires more than looting chests. Is that too much to ask?

> > > >

> > > > How does someone else doing boring farming change the challenge you have in this game? I mean really, if everyone you normally run raids with would suddenly stop running raids if this other content provided Legendary Armor, then none of them enjoyed or even liked doing raids to start with. If they enjoyed raids and the challenge, they would still do them, even if there were other more simple yet tedious paths to the same loot.

> > > >

> > > > Allow that to simmer for a while.

> > > >

> > > > Personally, this is a pointless discussion, as we all know Anet won't do anything. But, just a thought to ponder.

> > >

> > > I'm not really sure how to explain in this in english, but it's some kind of "pride". I don't mind if everyone in the game have the same stuff armor as me, as long as they beat the same challenges as i did. It's like a "token". I'm not better than anyone else, i just don't want to reward lazy, spoiled players. I like when i get new but interested people in my raid groups, i don't even ask for LI and KP nor benchmark dps from them. If people raid just for the items and have a bad time, maybe they should stop being so "consumerist" with all the "hurr durr my shinniez Xddd" and find a hobbie that they actually enjoy.

> > >

> > > I don't care if people feel bad because they don't want to put effort into something but still want to be rewarded. I care about people that want to play raids but doesn't because of the toxicity/elitism.

> > >

> > > Let's follow this "logic" for a second: can i have free legendary items then? I would like to keep my money, farming Istan is too hard/boring for me. It's just a mindless grind. The comunity is too toxic, they yell at me when i attack Amala. I just want to relax in Lions Arch because i work a lot in real life already.

> > >

> > > Do you understand my point of view now?

> >

> > Some kind of... Pride? Mate, you can buy raid kills, hence LI. LFG has those in abundance, ANET endorses raid selling. Lets say i bought 120 LI that way. We have the same "pride"? Also, you can buy all legendaries except for the first gen 2 ones, which require events and have a journey. The rest are just materials or can be bought straight off from the TP. Sure, you can have the same "pride" for farming for your leggy, with someone who converted money to gems, gems to gold and straight off bought it off the tp... That being said, 3 ways of getting legendary armor are enough, to me at least...

>

> Mate, i would change raid selling too if i could, but i'm more worried about myself and people that enjoy doing raids. I don't care if you paid 20k to someone for your armor, i just want items to be bound to modes instead of just giving easier crafting paths to lazy people.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > Mate, i would change raid selling too if i could, but i'm more worried about myself and people that enjoy doing raids. I don't care if you paid 20k to someone for your armor, i just want items to be bound to modes instead of just giving easier crafting paths to lazy people.

> >

> > I'm curious who ever said that there should be a quick and easy way to craft legendary armor. I could not find anyone on these forums who asked for that. Can you enlighten me who you are referring to with your comment? It sounds like a bold statement to ask for a quick and easy way (for lazy people) for legendary armor and I would really like to know who had the audacity to suggest that.

> >

> > Thank you in advance.

>

> In the forums i'm not really sure, i rarely come to this section, but in-game it's very common. Just go to Istan and start talking about it. I farmed that map for a lot of hours pretty much everyday some time ago and everytime someone brought up the "legendaries" topic, everyone agreed that it should be easier and/or cheaper to make. I have friend that don't make legendaries because they're too lazy to do anything but farm SW, Istan and metas. People in my guilds say things liek that.

>

> **I don't mind if anet gives open world casuals a better legendary set than all the other sets combined, i just don't want people to get the same stuff as me who don't put as much effort as i do in my account.** Different game modes should have different rewards.

so... You dont care (as you state above) if someone pays 20k to get the EXACT same armor as you, but, at the same time, (as you typed in bold) , you just dont want people to get the same stuff as you who dont put as much effort as you do in your account? Hopefully you realize how contradictory those two are. Also, i agree with @Faaris.8013 with the fact that noone asked for easy legendary armor to obtain or (much lesss) free legendary armor stuff... As it stands now, someone with a lot of money can buy only PvE raid legendary armor, cause the pvp or wvw equivalents cannot be bought (good luck to pay someone to farm 1450 pips/week for 22-29 weeks). While I myself may disagree with a new PvE way to get legendary armor, I find some arguments too valid to dismiss. Thats why i am having second thoughts, now.

I just finished Aurora. While i'd rather be doing wvw, it was a fairly fun experience and this type of model seems like it would be a great idea to continue in the future for people who like to pve but don't want to raid for whatever reason.

Btw whoever said that stat swapping on legendaries is a minor convenience, I think you're crazy. The ability to quickly swap my weapons and armor is the entire reason I got mine in the first place and it's such a huge QOL improvement for me.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> In the forums i'm not really sure, i rarely come to this section, but in-game it's very common. **Just go to Istan and start talking about it.** I farmed that map for a lot of hours pretty much everyday some time ago and everytime someone brought up the "legendaries" topic, everyone agreed that it should be easier and/or cheaper to make. I have friend that don't make legendaries because they're **too lazy to do anything but farm SW, Istan and metas.** People in my guilds say things liek that.

Do you see a connection here? If you spent more time with people who do T4 fractals and craft legendary weapons, you would get a different impression.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > I don't mind if anet give Istan farmers a legendary set. I just don't want to play pvp/wvw/raids and share the same rewards with people that farm Istan for hours straight and call that content. This game is too easy already and i don't want spoiled players to ruin the little kitten of challenge we have because they are too lazy to do anything that requires more than looting chests. Is that too much to ask?

> > > > >

> > > > > How does someone else doing boring farming change the challenge you have in this game? I mean really, if everyone you normally run raids with would suddenly stop running raids if this other content provided Legendary Armor, then none of them enjoyed or even liked doing raids to start with. If they enjoyed raids and the challenge, they would still do them, even if there were other more simple yet tedious paths to the same loot.

> > > > >

> > > > > Allow that to simmer for a while.

> > > > >

> > > > > Personally, this is a pointless discussion, as we all know Anet won't do anything. But, just a thought to ponder.

> > > >

> > > > I'm not really sure how to explain in this in english, but it's some kind of "pride". I don't mind if everyone in the game have the same stuff armor as me, as long as they beat the same challenges as i did. It's like a "token". I'm not better than anyone else, i just don't want to reward lazy, spoiled players. I like when i get new but interested people in my raid groups, i don't even ask for LI and KP nor benchmark dps from them. If people raid just for the items and have a bad time, maybe they should stop being so "consumerist" with all the "hurr durr my shinniez Xddd" and find a hobbie that they actually enjoy.

> > > >

> > > > I don't care if people feel bad because they don't want to put effort into something but still want to be rewarded. I care about people that want to play raids but doesn't because of the toxicity/elitism.

> > > >

> > > > Let's follow this "logic" for a second: can i have free legendary items then? I would like to keep my money, farming Istan is too hard/boring for me. It's just a mindless grind. The comunity is too toxic, they yell at me when i attack Amala. I just want to relax in Lions Arch because i work a lot in real life already.

> > > >

> > > > Do you understand my point of view now?

> > >

> > > Some kind of... Pride? Mate, you can buy raid kills, hence LI. LFG has those in abundance, ANET endorses raid selling. Lets say i bought 120 LI that way. We have the same "pride"? Also, you can buy all legendaries except for the first gen 2 ones, which require events and have a journey. The rest are just materials or can be bought straight off from the TP. Sure, you can have the same "pride" for farming for your leggy, with someone who converted money to gems, gems to gold and straight off bought it off the tp... That being said, 3 ways of getting legendary armor are enough, to me at least...

> >

> > Mate, i would change raid selling too if i could, but i'm more worried about myself and people that enjoy doing raids. I don't care if you paid 20k to someone for your armor, i just want items to be bound to modes instead of just giving easier crafting paths to lazy people.

>

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > > Mate, i would change raid selling too if i could, but i'm more worried about myself and people that enjoy doing raids. I don't care if you paid 20k to someone for your armor, i just want items to be bound to modes instead of just giving easier crafting paths to lazy people.

> > >

> > > I'm curious who ever said that there should be a quick and easy way to craft legendary armor. I could not find anyone on these forums who asked for that. Can you enlighten me who you are referring to with your comment? It sounds like a bold statement to ask for a quick and easy way (for lazy people) for legendary armor and I would really like to know who had the audacity to suggest that.

> > >

> > > Thank you in advance.

> >

> > In the forums i'm not really sure, i rarely come to this section, but in-game it's very common. Just go to Istan and start talking about it. I farmed that map for a lot of hours pretty much everyday some time ago and everytime someone brought up the "legendaries" topic, everyone agreed that it should be easier and/or cheaper to make. I have friend that don't make legendaries because they're too lazy to do anything but farm SW, Istan and metas. People in my guilds say things liek that.

> >

> > **I don't mind if anet gives open world casuals a better legendary set than all the other sets combined, i just don't want people to get the same stuff as me who don't put as much effort as i do in my account.** Different game modes should have different rewards.

>

> so... You dont care (as you state above) if someone pays 20k to get the EXACT same armor as you, but, at the same time, (as you typed in bold) , you just dont want people to get the same stuff as you who dont put as much effort as you do in your account? Hopefully you realize how contradictory those two are. Also, i agree with @Faaris.8013 with the fact that noone asked for easy legendary armor to obtain or (much lesss) free legendary armor stuff... As it stands now, someone with a lot of money can buy only PvE raid legendary armor, cause the pvp or wvw equivalents cannot be bought (good luck to pay someone to farm 1450 pips/week for 22-29 weeks). While I myself may disagree with a new PvE way to get legendary armor, I find some arguments too valid to dismiss. Thats why i am having second thoughts, now.

I want different rewards for different gamemodes, that's my main concern. I don't care about people paying 20k for the raid set because i can't do anything about it. If i could, it would be against the rules just like buying spvp tournament wins. I enjoy having to go to different gamemodes to acquire different stuff and i'm glad things will stay like this.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > In the forums i'm not really sure, i rarely come to this section, but in-game it's very common. **Just go to Istan and start talking about it.** I farmed that map for a lot of hours pretty much everyday some time ago and everytime someone brought up the "legendaries" topic, everyone agreed that it should be easier and/or cheaper to make. I have friend that don't make legendaries because they're **too lazy to do anything but farm SW, Istan and metas.** People in my guilds say things liek that.

>

> Do you see a connection here? If you spent more time with people who do T4 fractals and craft legendary weapons, you would get a different impression.

>

I do 100cm, 99cm, t4's and recs twice a day and i also read things like that. I'm not sure what you mean in this post. What, do you want a fracal leggy armor crafting path? Just ask anet for a legendary fractal armor, that would be cool. Just don't reward people with items from gamemodes they don't play.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > >

> > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > >

> > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > >

> > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > >

> > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> >

> > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> >

> > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

>

> I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

>

> And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

>

> It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

1. The color of the border is cosmetic.

2. It already has them.

3. Nuff said.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> I just finished Aurora. While i'd rather be doing wvw, it was a fairly fun experience and this type of model seems like it would be a great idea to continue in the future for people who like to pve but don't want to raid for whatever reason.

>

> Btw whoever said that stat swapping on legendaries is a minor convenience, I think you're crazy. The ability to quickly swap my weapons and armor is the entire reason I got mine in the first place and it's such a huge QOL improvement for me.

I carry 4 staffs with me at this time. 2 of them are legendary. All of them are Berserker's. Stat-swap is useless without sigil swap. Armor is a QoL because it allows rune swap, but it is still a feature you use rarely, involves way too much clicking and costs you tons of money. It would be way cheaper to get multiple ascended sets and swap between them, including the cost of the inventory space. It's a status item, period.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > I just finished Aurora. While i'd rather be doing wvw, it was a fairly fun experience and this type of model seems like it would be a great idea to continue in the future for people who like to pve but don't want to raid for whatever reason.

> >

> > Btw whoever said that stat swapping on legendaries is a minor convenience, I think you're crazy. The ability to quickly swap my weapons and armor is the entire reason I got mine in the first place and it's such a huge QOL improvement for me.

>

> I carry 4 staffs with me at this time. 2 of them are legendary. All of them are Berserker's. Stat-swap is useless without sigil swap. Armor is a QoL because it allows rune swap, but it is still a feature you use rarely, involves way too much clicking and costs you tons of money. It would be way cheaper to get multiple ascended sets and swap between them, including the cost of the inventory space. It's a status item, period.

I own WvW legendary armor, and I can tell you that running so many different armorsets for my ele/nec char in the zerg (depending on composition and my whim) takes up a lot of space. Pity i cant swap runes on my leggy staves. Sure, clicking is tedious at times, runeswapping is QoL. That being said, I think WvWers are a small minority. I agree with you that most OW pvers would see it as a status symbol, hell, it IS a status symbol just like legendary weapons (lets face it, its how it is in pve).

The legendary armor is convenient but these conveniences are far less of a big deal than people make them out to be. You will not carry more than a few different runes even in WvW. The ability to swap these is achieved more easily and far more cheaply by obtaining multiple sets of ascended gear. I am one of the more crazy people as far as carrying a bunch of gear is concered and I still prefer that over having to deal with the hassle of clicking through my legendary armor to swap stats and runes.

If all you truely care about is the convenience of freed up inventory space then go for 32 slot bags instead. Anyone can do that, just a matter of gold. The legendary armor is far more than the convenience of said inventory space and thus requires more effort to obtain.

If you care to own an items for the sake of it's legendary grade then better be prepared to do what is needed to obtain. If you are not prepared to do just that then you probably did not care enough after all.

I think you have to wonder from a dev perspective and ask the question "What gets players playing more? Giving them what they want or not doing that?"

Personally I'd happily swap out my ascended for a full set of stat swappable exotic level armor, trinkets and weapons.

I play a lot of overworld and would love to say hit this event as a magi druid, then hit that one as a zerker soulbeast, then go condi core ranger for a bit. Triple so on my ele main where different playstyles are a real option for shoots and wiggles.

Heck I'd take a stat swappable set that looks plain jane for the freedom it would offer if it was available in every slot.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > >

> > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > >

> > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > >

> > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > >

> > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > >

> > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > >

> > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> >

> > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> >

> > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> >

> > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

>

> 1. The color of the border is cosmetic.

> 2. It already has them.

> 3. Nuff said.

1: nope.. Wrong.. Try again.

2: Raids gets Custom Skinned Ascended.. AND Legendary Armor.. Greedy Much?

3: Apparently Not. because you're still crying about your need to feel special.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > >

> > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > >

> > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > >

> > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > >

> > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > >

> > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > >

> > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > >

> > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > >

> > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> >

> > 1. The color of the border is cosmetic.

> > 2. It already has them.

> > 3. Nuff said.

>

> 1: nope.. Wrong.. Try again.

[https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components")

[https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components")

[https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components")

I love it when someone is defending a demonstrably false claim. It's amusing to see people trying **so hard** to not see the facts.

> @"Smiggles.6823" said:

> I think you have to wonder from a dev perspective and ask the question "What gets players playing more? Giving them what they want or not doing that?"

>

Raids have been out now for 2 and a half years.. Anet has has enough time to change things if they wanted to, they have made it clear they don't want to, and that this it the way they want things to be.

We have a choice at this point, we can embrace the situation as it is, fully understanding that this will not change, and that Anet has no intention to change anything from what is. Or.. get fed up about it and move on to some other game that offers us perhaps what we want.

But understand that no matter what you say or do the situation as it is in the game right now. will not change.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > >

> > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > >

> > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > >

> > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > >

> > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > >

> > > 1. The color of the border is cosmetic.

> > > 2. It already has them.

> > > 3. Nuff said.

> >

> > 1: nope.. Wrong.. Try again.

>

> [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components")

>

> [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components")

>

> [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components")

>

> I love it when someone is defending a demonstrably false claim. It's amusing to see people trying **so hard** to not see the facts.

None of that disproves my claim.. at all. So thanks for responding to me and making no sense... I guess.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > >

> > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > >

> > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > >

> > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > >

> > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > >

> > > 1. The color of the border is cosmetic.

> > > 2. It already has them.

> > > 3. Nuff said.

> >

> > 1: nope.. Wrong.. Try again.

>

> [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components")

>

> [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components")

>

> [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components")

>

> I love it when someone is defending a demonstrably false claim. It's amusing to see people trying **so hard** to not see the facts.

your links showing alternate ways to acquire legendary armor in no way negates the assertion that the legendary purple is "just cosmetic"

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > >

> > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > >

> > > > 1. The color of the border is cosmetic.

> > > > 2. It already has them.

> > > > 3. Nuff said.

> > >

> > > 1: nope.. Wrong.. Try again.

> >

> > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components")

> >

> > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components")

> >

> > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components")

> >

> > I love it when someone is defending a demonstrably false claim. It's amusing to see people trying **so hard** to not see the facts.

>

> None of that disproves my claim.. at all. So thanks for responding to me and making no sense... I guess.

Of course it doesn't, when you don't want to. That's what make it so amusing.

> @"katz.8376" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > >

> > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > >

> > > > 1. The color of the border is cosmetic.

> > > > 2. It already has them.

> > > > 3. Nuff said.

> > >

> > > 1: nope.. Wrong.. Try again.

> >

> > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components")

> >

> > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components")

> >

> > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components")

> >

> > I love it when someone is defending a demonstrably false claim. It's amusing to see people trying **so hard** to not see the facts.

>

> your links showing alternate ways to acquire legendary armor in no way negates the assertion that the legendary purple is "just cosmetic"

The color itself is obviously a cosmetic. And like I've said a number of times before, the QoL is vastly overrated. The price tag is so high that it is impractical to make a legendary for any other reason than the cosmetics. You're not saving clicks, you're not saving gold, you're not saving inventory space. They're all just vanity items.

> @"Smiggles.6823" said:

> I think you have to wonder from a dev perspective and ask the question "What gets players playing more? Giving them what they want or not doing that?"

That depends solely on the requirements, if the thing in question is too rare (like some of the OW PvE cosmetic stat infusions) then people are just going to give up on them and you'll end up with dead content. I think with WvW and sPvP they alredy found the optimal way to implement an overarking reward system, it requiers an enormous amount participation (at least the T3 stuff does) but doesn't force the players to grind overly specific content while still giving them access to legendary gear.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. The color of the border is cosmetic.

> > > > > 2. It already has them.

> > > > > 3. Nuff said.

> > > >

> > > > 1: nope.. Wrong.. Try again.

> > >

> > > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components")

> > >

> > > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components")

> > >

> > > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components")

> > >

> > > I love it when someone is defending a demonstrably false claim. It's amusing to see people trying **so hard** to not see the facts.

> >

> > None of that disproves my claim.. at all. So thanks for responding to me and making no sense... I guess.

>

> Of course it doesn't, when you don't want to. That's what make it so amusing.

>

> > @"katz.8376" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. The color of the border is cosmetic.

> > > > > 2. It already has them.

> > > > > 3. Nuff said.

> > > >

> > > > 1: nope.. Wrong.. Try again.

> > >

> > > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvE_Components")

> > >

> > > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#PvP_Components")

> > >

> > > [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor#WvW_Components")

> > >

> > > I love it when someone is defending a demonstrably false claim. It's amusing to see people trying **so hard** to not see the facts.

> >

> > your links showing alternate ways to acquire legendary armor in no way negates the assertion that the legendary purple is "just cosmetic"

>

> The color itself is obviously a cosmetic. And like I've said a number of times before, the QoL is vastly overrated. The price tag is so high that it is impractical to make a legendary for any other reason than the cosmetics. You're not saving clicks, you're not saving gold, you're not saving inventory space. They're all just vanity items.

But.. it is a unique gear set, which allows it to be modified all on it's own, which means.. it is **not Cosmetic at all**.

For anyone wondering, Legendary (purple) items have gone though a few upgrades, One for Stats, making them Better then they Previously were.

For the people with amnesia or were just not around, Legendary Weapons used to have Exotic Stats.. but due to being Unique, they could have their stats changed and upgraded, and this was done when Ascended was added in. Purple Weapons were made stronger then they previously were.

Then later, Legendary Weapons has Stat Swapping Added in.

Given the over time the Advancements done to Purple Gear, makes that border.. very MUCH.. not Cosmetic at all.

But, hey.. why fix a broken record, after all, way back when, people tried to say Purple Borders were just cosmetic, they were wrong then.. just as you are wrong now.