More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

> @"videoboy.4162" said:

> > @"Doctor.1384" said:

> > I dont see why we cant have unique skins and effects for legendary wvw/pvp armor and trinkets

>

> I got the impression that they think all Legendary Armor needs to be animated like the Envoy Armor. I think most people would be happy just having cool skins without animation.

They wouldnt even need to be much of an upgrade from the current fancy wvw/pvp armours, theyd just need to make them distinguished from those armours enough so that players recognize that they are wearing the legendary set

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

> > >

> > > If this were true, Anet wouldn't have added them .

> > > Your statement and it's reverse elitism is as toxic as it gets without queuing for ranked PvP.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > LOL, this game has a lot of failed Ideas in it, like Dungeons and Guild Missions for example. Just because they put them in, does not mean they belonged, nor does it mean they were a good addition to the game.

>

> Then by your own logic the people who enjoy Guild Missions don't belong here either.

While this is a horrible analogy, as no one begged and pleaded with Anet to give their Guild something to make them feel special and offer them Unique Tier Loot, nor does anyone cry about needing their Guild gear to be some Top Tier status mark, as Guild Gear is nothing more then rare to exotic level gear, and is really just a skin.

But, truth be told, if you came to GW2, looking for Guild Missions, Bounties, and Puzzles as some principal means of the game to provide you some validation for your game time, then.. yah.. you picked the wrong game. Sorry, they are just not supported content in this game anymore. If that is what you were looking for or needed in a MMO, then GW2 does not provide.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item, not the other way around.

> > > > >

> > > > > We shall disagree. Legendary Armor is HoT exclusive, There should at the very least be a PvE, Core, and PoF method, just like with Legendary Weapons.

> > > >

> > > > Nope. People should stop crying in the forums and actually play the game. No leggy for lazy people.

> > >

> > > Why that's real mature.. maybe they should sell Legendary Armor in the store instead. That way, I don't need to play the game, but still give you a game to work on.. know. because.. games are work and a means of pride to you, and all that.

> > >

> > > But Pride and Work in a game does not keep the servers up and running.

> > >

> > > And since it's just cosmetic.. meh.. why should you care.

> >

> > Oversimplification.

> >

> > Games need "artificial scarcity" in order to prolong the interest of the gamers in their content. Because it is physically not possible (not to mention extremely expensive) to produce content at the rate of which the players exhaust it. No, it's not work. It's still fun. But it does take effort, it NEEDS to take effort. Because otherwise it just gets boring REALLY fast. You're looking at some ideal, non-existent and not possible game, in which fun is an inherent property, given to you by the simple existence of the game. It is not how games work at all.

>

> Nahh.. they don't need to. Truth is, there are some players that will burn though content faster then others, and there is nothing wrong with telling those players to fund things to occupy their time, or move on to another game. Much in the same way you feel that is fully justified to tell players to deal and do without.. there is no reason why your demographic can't be told the same. Your group is not special.

The reason is the game is better off having both groups. Hence it offers something for the one and something for the other. Just business bro.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item, not the other way around.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We shall disagree. Legendary Armor is HoT exclusive, There should at the very least be a PvE, Core, and PoF method, just like with Legendary Weapons.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope. People should stop crying in the forums and actually play the game. No leggy for lazy people.

> > > >

> > > > Why that's real mature.. maybe they should sell Legendary Armor in the store instead. That way, I don't need to play the game, but still give you a game to work on.. know. because.. games are work and a means of pride to you, and all that.

> > > >

> > > > But Pride and Work in a game does not keep the servers up and running.

> > > >

> > > > And since it's just cosmetic.. meh.. why should you care.

> > >

> > > Oversimplification.

> > >

> > > Games need "artificial scarcity" in order to prolong the interest of the gamers in their content. Because it is physically not possible (not to mention extremely expensive) to produce content at the rate of which the players exhaust it. No, it's not work. It's still fun. But it does take effort, it NEEDS to take effort. Because otherwise it just gets boring REALLY fast. You're looking at some ideal, non-existent and not possible game, in which fun is an inherent property, given to you by the simple existence of the game. It is not how games work at all.

> >

> > Nahh.. they don't need to. Truth is, there are some players that will burn though content faster then others, and there is nothing wrong with telling those players to fund things to occupy their time, or move on to another game. Much in the same way you feel that is fully justified to tell players to deal and do without.. there is no reason why your demographic can't be told the same. Your group is not special.

>

> The reason is the game is better off having both groups. Hence it offers something for the one and something for the other. Just business bro.

Well we agree with this, but, If they want both groups to remain in their game, then they need both paths to leads to the same end game goal, so it's just a smart business move to have more then one path.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item, not the other way around.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We shall disagree. Legendary Armor is HoT exclusive, There should at the very least be a PvE, Core, and PoF method, just like with Legendary Weapons.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope. People should stop crying in the forums and actually play the game. No leggy for lazy people.

> > > >

> > > > Why that's real mature.. maybe they should sell Legendary Armor in the store instead. That way, I don't need to play the game, but still give you a game to work on.. know. because.. games are work and a means of pride to you, and all that.

> > > >

> > > > But Pride and Work in a game does not keep the servers up and running.

> > > >

> > > > And since it's just cosmetic.. meh.. why should you care.

> > >

> > > Oversimplification.

> > >

> > > Games need "artificial scarcity" in order to prolong the interest of the gamers in their content. Because it is physically not possible (not to mention extremely expensive) to produce content at the rate of which the players exhaust it. No, it's not work. It's still fun. But it does take effort, it NEEDS to take effort. Because otherwise it just gets boring REALLY fast. You're looking at some ideal, non-existent and not possible game, in which fun is an inherent property, given to you by the simple existence of the game. It is not how games work at all.

> >

> > They don't get it, @"Feanor.2358" . People that are asking for those changes probably didn't play any other MMOs, they probably never had that feeling of getting something they want after putting fun-effort into it. Maybe that's not the case with STIHL, but i bet we would have all legendaries, infusions and other items sold for karma if people could choose what to change in the game.

> >

> > I really miss playing Ragnarok Online and grouping up with other people to kill MVPs or strong monsters to get loot from them. I wish we had something like that instead of those dumb metas where all i have to do is press 1 and F all day to get loot.

> >

> > **Not trying to be mean, btw. That's not my intention at all.**

>

> I don't miss 1% drop rates of rare named loot from raids in many of the other MMO's I played, but if you do, this was never the game for you, not being rude here, but it was from it's inception not to be the game for you at all, it was marketed as the game for "everyone else" the non-power gamer, the non-raider, the casual, the RPer, the person that just wanted an escape game that did not suck up their entire life.

>

> You apparently want a hard core game that can provide your elite skill level and give you a sense of being better then the unwashed masses, the filthy casuals, and the _'bads'_ , and.. GW2 was never intended to fill that void for you, as such, what you want, was never what this game was designed to provide, which is why, when they put it in.. it was such a convoluted revamp of the classes and even the content itself is disjointed from the rest of the game, in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

Wrong. I don't like 0,001% rare drops, i don't like making people feel bad for "being bad", i don't want any "elite skill level" gameplay (because i don't enjoy it that much myself) and i NEVER said the game should fill that "void" for me. But i also don't agree that the game should be extremely casual just because "it's designed like that". I bought the game back in the day because dungeons were fun and somehow challenging and nowadays my friends buy the game because of raids, pvp and WvW. Players like us just like that the game have some sort of challenging content and it feels like a game. I understand, gw2 is a casual game, but it shouldn't be designed 100% around people that get mad at npcs that kill them after them only pressing weapon skill 1.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

> >

> > If this were true, Anet wouldn't have added them .

> > Your statement and it's reverse elitism is as toxic as it gets without queuing for ranked PvP.

> >

> >

>

> LOL, this game has a lot of failed Ideas in it, like Dungeons and Guild Missions for example. Just because they put them in, does not mean they belonged, nor does it mean they were a good addition to the game.

What is a good addiction to the game then? Infinite makeover kit for 2k gems? kek

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

> > >

> > > If this were true, Anet wouldn't have added them .

> > > Your statement and it's reverse elitism is as toxic as it gets without queuing for ranked PvP.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > LOL, this game has a lot of failed Ideas in it, like Dungeons and Guild Missions for example. Just because they put them in, does not mean they belonged, nor does it mean they were a good addition to the game.

>

> What is a good addiction to the game then? Infinite makeover kit for 2k gems? kek

To list a few.

* Personal Story

* Dynamic Events

* World Bosses

* Living Story

* Jump Puzzles (love them or hate them, they are a good addition to the game)

* Diving Spots

* Gliding

* Mounts

* Vista's

* Hero Points/Challenges

* Crafting (This is a bit of contention, but, the crafting in GW2 is viable from the start, you can literally make your own gear as you level, which makes it a great part of the game, far better then most other games were crafting is purely the playground for the bored player with disposable

resources)

* Elite Specialization (This one is a bit controversial, I was not a fan how they tried to use this to shoehorn the classes into roles, and also how OPed is made some classes, and some might feel that it gave less class choices, I think it opened up something fun things to play with for the game)

* WvW

* sPvP

* Fractals (This is also a bit of an issue as well, but fractals due to their Tiered nature, are accessible across the spectrum of players, making them the better addition to the game then Dungeons, now, all they need to do is transform Dungeon paths to Fractals, and then make the Dungeons that exist just Story mode, and the transition will be complete, and we can all turn to the dark side.. because they have cookies! )

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > > in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

> > > >

> > > > If this were true, Anet wouldn't have added them .

> > > > Your statement and it's reverse elitism is as toxic as it gets without queuing for ranked PvP.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > LOL, this game has a lot of failed Ideas in it, like Dungeons and Guild Missions for example. Just because they put them in, does not mean they belonged, nor does it mean they were a good addition to the game.

> >

> > What is a good addiction to the game then? Infinite makeover kit for 2k gems? kek

>

> To list a few.

>

> * Personal Story

> * Dynamic Events

> * World Bosses

> * Living Story

> * Jump Puzzles (love them or hate them, they are a good addition to the game)

> * Diving Spots

> * Gliding

> * Mounts

> * Vista's

> * Hero Points/Challenges

> * Crafting (This is a bit of contention, but, the crafting in GW2 is viable from the start, you can literally make your own gear as you level, which makes it a great part of the game, far better then most other games were crafting is purely the playground for the bored player with disposable

> resources)

> * Elite Specialization (This one is a bit controversial, I was not a fan how they tried to use this to shoehorn the classes into roles, and also how OPed is made some classes, and some might feel that it gave less class choices, I think it opened up something fun things to play with for the game)

> * WvW

> * sPvP

> * Fractals (This is also a bit of an issue as well, but fractals due to their Tiered nature, are accessible across the spectrum of players, making them the better addition to the game then Dungeons, now, all they need to do is transform Dungeon paths to Fractals, and then make the Dungeons that exist just Story mode, and the transition will be complete, and we can all turn to the dark side.. because they have cookies! )

So the "failures" are basically things you don't like? Or is it because anet don't even touch them anymore? I personally enjoy dungeons and wish they made some minor changes to them, and some major changes to guild missions but i don't see them as "failures". They're just... abandoned. lol

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > > > in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

> > > > >

> > > > > If this were true, Anet wouldn't have added them .

> > > > > Your statement and it's reverse elitism is as toxic as it gets without queuing for ranked PvP.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > LOL, this game has a lot of failed Ideas in it, like Dungeons and Guild Missions for example. Just because they put them in, does not mean they belonged, nor does it mean they were a good addition to the game.

> > >

> > > What is a good addiction to the game then? Infinite makeover kit for 2k gems? kek

> >

> > To list a few.

> >

> > * Personal Story

> > * Dynamic Events

> > * World Bosses

> > * Living Story

> > * Jump Puzzles (love them or hate them, they are a good addition to the game)

> > * Diving Spots

> > * Gliding

> > * Mounts

> > * Vista's

> > * Hero Points/Challenges

> > * Crafting (This is a bit of contention, but, the crafting in GW2 is viable from the start, you can literally make your own gear as you level, which makes it a great part of the game, far better then most other games were crafting is purely the playground for the bored player with disposable

> > resources)

> > * Elite Specialization (This one is a bit controversial, I was not a fan how they tried to use this to shoehorn the classes into roles, and also how OPed is made some classes, and some might feel that it gave less class choices, I think it opened up something fun things to play with for the game)

> > * WvW

> > * sPvP

> > * Fractals (This is also a bit of an issue as well, but fractals due to their Tiered nature, are accessible across the spectrum of players, making them the better addition to the game then Dungeons, now, all they need to do is transform Dungeon paths to Fractals, and then make the Dungeons that exist just Story mode, and the transition will be complete, and we can all turn to the dark side.. because they have cookies! )

>

> So the "failures" are basically things you don't like? Or is it because anet don't even touch them anymore? I personally enjoy dungeons and wish they made some minor changes to them, and some major changes to guild missions but i don't see them as "failures". They're just... abandoned. lol

I suppose we could split hairs on what defines "failure" but.. the company itself abandoning it.. is about as much a mark of failure as you can get.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If this were true, Anet wouldn't have added them .

> > > > > > Your statement and it's reverse elitism is as toxic as it gets without queuing for ranked PvP.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > LOL, this game has a lot of failed Ideas in it, like Dungeons and Guild Missions for example. Just because they put them in, does not mean they belonged, nor does it mean they were a good addition to the game.

> > > >

> > > > What is a good addiction to the game then? Infinite makeover kit for 2k gems? kek

> > >

> > > To list a few.

> > >

> > > * Personal Story

> > > * Dynamic Events

> > > * World Bosses

> > > * Living Story

> > > * Jump Puzzles (love them or hate them, they are a good addition to the game)

> > > * Diving Spots

> > > * Gliding

> > > * Mounts

> > > * Vista's

> > > * Hero Points/Challenges

> > > * Crafting (This is a bit of contention, but, the crafting in GW2 is viable from the start, you can literally make your own gear as you level, which makes it a great part of the game, far better then most other games were crafting is purely the playground for the bored player with disposable

> > > resources)

> > > * Elite Specialization (This one is a bit controversial, I was not a fan how they tried to use this to shoehorn the classes into roles, and also how OPed is made some classes, and some might feel that it gave less class choices, I think it opened up something fun things to play with for the game)

> > > * WvW

> > > * sPvP

> > > * Fractals (This is also a bit of an issue as well, but fractals due to their Tiered nature, are accessible across the spectrum of players, making them the better addition to the game then Dungeons, now, all they need to do is transform Dungeon paths to Fractals, and then make the Dungeons that exist just Story mode, and the transition will be complete, and we can all turn to the dark side.. because they have cookies! )

> >

> > So the "failures" are basically things you don't like? Or is it because anet don't even touch them anymore? I personally enjoy dungeons and wish they made some minor changes to them, and some major changes to guild missions but i don't see them as "failures". They're just... abandoned. lol

>

> I suppose we could split hairs on what defines "failure" but.. the company itself abandoning it.. is about as much a mark of failure as you can get.

I bet dungeons would be "sucessful content" if they got a revamp and had a decent gold income, but i doubt anet will do anything about it.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> Inventory space has objective value defined by the price of the bag plus the price of an extra bag slot in gold. It's cheap. Compared to the price of a legendary, it's dirt cheap.

Lol, nope. Inventory space has a subjective value that depends on whether the person needs more space or not. I know people that feel perfectly fine with base bag slots filled with 12-slot crafted bags, that simply do not understand how someone can run out of inventory space. I know people for whom a fully unlocked set of 32 slot bags would not be enough. While for both of them the bags have the same price, the _value_ of inventory space would be completely different.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> They don't get it, @"Feanor.2358" . People that are asking for those changes probably didn't play any other MMOs, they probably never had that feeling of getting something they want after putting fun-effort into it.

You might be surprised. A lot of the current casuals (me, for example) are former hardcore players and MMO veterans that at some point realized that having a second work doesn't seem to be as much fun as they once thought.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:> Maybe that's not the case with STIHL, but i bet we would have all legendaries, infusions and other items sold for karma if people could choose what to change in the game.

Someone already asked you for this, so i will repeat: please, show me where someone asked for all that stuff being obtainable cheaply and effortlessly. Because as far as i see this is only brought up by raiders as a strawman argument.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> I really miss playing Ragnarok Online and grouping up with other people to kill MVPs or strong monsters to get loot from them.

Been there, done that. And my rosy glasses don't prevent me from seeing that the game reward structure wasn't exactly all that good. In fact, if i look at it more critically, i can't see it as anything _but_ really terrible. If we had a similar system in this game, you'd see this game's population dropping really, really fast. Seriously, just try to remember how big the game population was when you played, and think if you really want GW2 to drop anywhere close to those levels.

Hint: there's a reason why MMOs started to change as soon as they went for the wider audience.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > > > > > > in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If this were true, Anet wouldn't have added them .

> > > > > > > Your statement and it's reverse elitism is as toxic as it gets without queuing for ranked PvP.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > LOL, this game has a lot of failed Ideas in it, like Dungeons and Guild Missions for example. Just because they put them in, does not mean they belonged, nor does it mean they were a good addition to the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > What is a good addiction to the game then? Infinite makeover kit for 2k gems? kek

> > > >

> > > > To list a few.

> > > >

> > > > * Personal Story

> > > > * Dynamic Events

> > > > * World Bosses

> > > > * Living Story

> > > > * Jump Puzzles (love them or hate them, they are a good addition to the game)

> > > > * Diving Spots

> > > > * Gliding

> > > > * Mounts

> > > > * Vista's

> > > > * Hero Points/Challenges

> > > > * Crafting (This is a bit of contention, but, the crafting in GW2 is viable from the start, you can literally make your own gear as you level, which makes it a great part of the game, far better then most other games were crafting is purely the playground for the bored player with disposable

> > > > resources)

> > > > * Elite Specialization (This one is a bit controversial, I was not a fan how they tried to use this to shoehorn the classes into roles, and also how OPed is made some classes, and some might feel that it gave less class choices, I think it opened up something fun things to play with for the game)

> > > > * WvW

> > > > * sPvP

> > > > * Fractals (This is also a bit of an issue as well, but fractals due to their Tiered nature, are accessible across the spectrum of players, making them the better addition to the game then Dungeons, now, all they need to do is transform Dungeon paths to Fractals, and then make the Dungeons that exist just Story mode, and the transition will be complete, and we can all turn to the dark side.. because they have cookies! )

> > >

> > > So the "failures" are basically things you don't like? Or is it because anet don't even touch them anymore? I personally enjoy dungeons and wish they made some minor changes to them, and some major changes to guild missions but i don't see them as "failures". They're just... abandoned. lol

> >

> > I suppose we could split hairs on what defines "failure" but.. the company itself abandoning it.. is about as much a mark of failure as you can get.

>

> I bet dungeons would be "sucessful content" if they got a revamp and had a decent gold income, but i doubt anet will do anything about it.

I bet they could.. I know I enjoyed the hell out of then when I started, got my dungeon master title and everything, then Anet killed them.. and I can't find pugs for them anymore.

But that does not change the fact they were a failure to do what Abet wanted them to do. Who knows, I think raids are a catastrophic failure, not simply because of their content, but also because of the effect they have had on the game, bringing with them all the negative parts of raid culture.

But it's been 2.5 years since they were launched, if Anet wanted to make other PvE paths legendary armor (IE: Core and PoF) they could have, they have chosen not to, so to them this must be a success.

am I happy about that.. no.. not in the slightest.

Do I think I will change anything.. again.. no.. not in the slightest.

Know what has changed however.. how much I have spent on the game. Now nothing against you, you should have your fun, but when it comes at the expense of me being able to have equal access to end game gear.. sadly.. it acts as a discouragement to keep playing, see it's not that want take away your little bauble.. but,.. in the end, without access to that bauble myself.. I'm done. I have no real reason to keep playing as I have nothing really to work for, it's like knowing exactly where your game will end.. and you are pondering why even bother?

In my case, I have full ascended on the two characters I play the most, and care about. I'm not going to do HoT because I hate that expansion, so all those Legendary weapons are out of my reach.. they don't have any new Legendary weapons in PoF that I want, and.. Core.. well.. I never really liked them to start with.. so.. every time I try to get into working on my Twilight.. it just is not worth the effort to me.. I mean come on.. I have Greatsaw and my name is Stihl.. it's not like I am going to use some other skin on my Greatsword.

But, how does this affect you? Well,. ideally it shouldn't.. I mean in all earnest, if you got bored and left, I'd not shed a single tear, no offence, I am sure you are a great and well loved person in game, but I personally would not miss you if you stopped playing today. I am sure you feel the same way about me.. which.. is not a bad thing. Players come and players go. It's the nature of the game.

But if they put something into the game that gives your demographic a reward at the expense of alienated my demographic, that has a bit larger effect then simply a player getting bored and leaving, it's alienated an entire demographic of players.

See my demographic is more likely to spend money, and while you may disagree with that, take into consideration that you want this armor as a matter of pride, something to show your game investment, a player like myself, wants a skin that looks pretty. So your group would be more inclined to have a legendary weapon, mine would be more likely to have a black lion skin. Let that simmer for a bit.

See,. truth be told, I think Evony Armor is ugly as fuck, so the skin is beyond pointless to me, but the fact that I know.. I will never ever be able to get it.. sets a negative impact into my game, like I know that at Ascended, I'm capped as far as this game goes.. so having that.. what's my motive to keep playing?

I have nothing to work for or towards, and I'll admit the game is fun, so I keep playing a bit.. abet now far more directionless as I have no long term goals anymore.. I'd dead ended my progress.. and that means, sadly.. I also spend a lot less. Where at one time I was content to drop a c-note, and would have bought every mount skin without batting an eyelash.. now I'm more along the lines of "Meh.. I don't need a mount skin" because that attraction to the game has been diminished.

See, most things, like the Dungeon Master title, was just something I could work on.. take it one dungeon at a time.. and work it.. fail here and there.. wipe with a bunch of other newbs.. but.. there was always that feeling that everything in the game was still within reach..

Raids took that away.

So I am spending less.. well if you call nothing at all as of late.. "less" then yes it's less. But Anet made the choice to give you something at the expense of my ever being able to get it. Did they make a good choice.. did you pick up the tab I left?

Eh.. as I see it.. 20 dollar mount skins, kinda shows they need to find ways to pry your pockets open.. where at one time.. me and my demographic spent freely.

But, again, its' been 2.5 years... I am sure they have made their choice in who they value.. no hard feelings and nothing personal.. see you in game sometime.. where I am.. meh.. just messing around, doing nothing productive anymore.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Inventory space has objective value defined by the price of the bag plus the price of an extra bag slot in gold. It's cheap. Compared to the price of a legendary, it's dirt cheap.

> Lol, nope. Inventory space has a subjective value that depends on whether the person needs more space or not. I know people that feel perfectly fine with base bag slots filled with 12-slot crafted bags, that simply do not understand how someone can run out of inventory space. I know people for whom a fully unlocked set of 32 slot bags would not be enough. While for both of them the bags have the same price, the _value_ of inventory space would be completely different.

Maxed bag slots, all 20-slot bags except one 32 one. Nah, I can't run out of it. And I do carry lots of spare ascended items for build swapping, different foods and so forth. Still, my armor saves me 5 inventory slots (because I still need to carry the extra rune set I'm using), and costs much, much more. For instance, I can upgrade a 20-slot to a 32-slot bag for less than 1/10th of the price, getting 12 instead of 5 free slots. Nothing subjective here.

Raids are not PvE.

Just because Anet doesn't want to do to it doesn't mean people can't keep asking for it. Mounts are a thing now.

Raid players are a tiny minority. The majority of players want Legendary armor to be obtained through PvE. See the first point.

-

I want legendary armor so I can try bizarre builds and see what sticks outside the boring meta. Raids are boring meta and are all about a trinity.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Inventory space has objective value defined by the price of the bag plus the price of an extra bag slot in gold. It's cheap. Compared to the price of a legendary, it's dirt cheap.

> > Lol, nope. Inventory space has a subjective value that depends on whether the person needs more space or not. I know people that feel perfectly fine with base bag slots filled with 12-slot crafted bags, that simply do not understand how someone can run out of inventory space. I know people for whom a fully unlocked set of 32 slot bags would not be enough. While for both of them the bags have the same price, the _value_ of inventory space would be completely different.

>

> Maxed bag slots, all 20-slot bags except one 32 one. Nah, I can't run out of it. And I do carry lots of spare ascended items for build swapping, different foods and so forth. Still, my armor saves me 5 inventory slots (because I still need to carry the extra rune set I'm using), and costs much, much more. For instance, I can upgrade a 20-slot to a 32-slot bag for less than 1/10th of the price, getting 12 instead of 5 free slots. Nothing subjective here.

_You_ can't run out of it. I can. Easily.

Highly subjective.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Inventory space has objective value defined by the price of the bag plus the price of an extra bag slot in gold. It's cheap. Compared to the price of a legendary, it's dirt cheap.

> > Lol, nope. Inventory space has a subjective value that depends on whether the person needs more space or not. I know people that feel perfectly fine with base bag slots filled with 12-slot crafted bags, that simply do not understand how someone can run out of inventory space. I know people for whom a fully unlocked set of 32 slot bags would not be enough. While for both of them the bags have the same price, the _value_ of inventory space would be completely different.

>

> Maxed bag slots, all 20-slot bags except one 32 one. Nah, I can't run out of it. And I do carry lots of spare ascended items for build swapping, different foods and so forth. Still, my armor saves me 5 inventory slots (because I still need to carry the extra rune set I'm using), and costs much, much more. For instance, I can upgrade a 20-slot to a 32-slot bag for less than 1/10th of the price, getting 12 instead of 5 free slots. Nothing subjective here.

Not being rude.. and nothing against you if this is how you roll, but this is beyond silly to me. Make several sets of ascended armor? Are you people insane? I guess, to the elitist power gamer that is swimming in Ascended drops from all those T4 CM fractals, this is a nothing issue.

But to average gamers.. LOL.. more then one set of armor.. not going to happen.

Truth is, there is a good chance I would maybe go after Legendary Armor for one character.. just to have it.. in a sense of Irony that Character has not changed their armor stats in 4 years.. and still to this day is running a Shout Guard build.

So.. for me it, it's not even that I would get it, or that I would use the features, it's simply the fact that Anet opted to put this clear out of my reach, and again nothing personal here, or directly against you. I simply want a path to access the end game gear and items, which,. up until Legendary Armor, all of it was available to me.

Anet came in, and set a Stonewall to my progress in this game.. You can say whatever you want about all this bunk, and whatever , but nothing changes the fact that Anet slammed the door in my face as far as game progress goes.

Truth is, it's demoralizing. To be honest, where at one time I was happily playing the game, doing my stupid no-skill casual 111111 content, buying my bits of gems every time some stupid fun new item came out, content in the fact that if I wanted to, I could still get that Legendary Weapon, it was always within my reach, even if I never felt it was worth the effort. I never felt shut out here in GW2..

That was a till raids came along.

being denied.. being treated like a second class citizen by the developers.. it kills the motive to keep playing, I mean, it's fun game, I like combat and graphics, and all the cool parts of it.. but.. I know that.. as far as Anet and the Dev team goes.. I'm just after thought, this game is no longer open to me.

and that is really the case here.. it is **NO LONGER** open to me.. when at one time, it was.

Meh.. now I barely do dailies.. I mean.. if it's comes across as I might need to put any effort into it, I just pass on it, 2 gold and whatever is no longer worth the effort to do events in field of ruin or whatever zone it may be today.

I'm, starting to clear my inventory as well, where at one time I was just a total pack rat, as anything I got, I worried I might need.. now.. hey.. need some free stuff? Nahh.. you have better already, and mine is just filthy casual junk anyway.

See you in game.. hope you are still having fun.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

>

> Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

That makes no sense though ... you don't need it ... so you CAN play how you want. Obtaining legendary gear is a restriction you place on yourself, so it's you that is making the decision to impose restrictions on how you play if you want legendary gear.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > Inventory space has objective value defined by the price of the bag plus the price of an extra bag slot in gold. It's cheap. Compared to the price of a legendary, it's dirt cheap.

> > > Lol, nope. Inventory space has a subjective value that depends on whether the person needs more space or not. I know people that feel perfectly fine with base bag slots filled with 12-slot crafted bags, that simply do not understand how someone can run out of inventory space. I know people for whom a fully unlocked set of 32 slot bags would not be enough. While for both of them the bags have the same price, the _value_ of inventory space would be completely different.

> >

> > Maxed bag slots, all 20-slot bags except one 32 one. Nah, I can't run out of it. And I do carry lots of spare ascended items for build swapping, different foods and so forth. Still, my armor saves me 5 inventory slots (because I still need to carry the extra rune set I'm using), and costs much, much more. For instance, I can upgrade a 20-slot to a 32-slot bag for less than 1/10th of the price, getting 12 instead of 5 free slots. Nothing subjective here.

>

> Not being rude.. and nothing against you if this is how you roll, but this is beyond silly to me. Make several sets of ascended armor? Are you people insane? I guess, to the elitist power gamer that is swimming in Ascended drops from all those T4 CM fractals, this is a nothing issue.

>

> But to average gamers.. LOL.. more then one set of armor.. not going to happen.

Suuuuure. But a set of legendary armor is totally plausible, right? Nevermind the x10 cost. :lol:

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> >

> > Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

>

> That makes no sense though ... you don't need it ... so you CAN play how you want.

The players asking for raids didn't need them either.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> > >

> > > Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

> >

> > That makes no sense though ... you don't need it ... so you CAN play how you want.

> The players asking for raids didn't need them either.

>

>

Nobody needs to play a game. But if you assume they wanted to keep playing this game, then yes, they did need them. And unlike "I want shiny or quit", which is just petty, "I want something that's not boring or I quit" is a pretty valid stance.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > I just finished Aurora. While i'd rather be doing wvw, it was a fairly fun experience and this type of model seems like it would be a great idea to continue in the future for people who like to pve but don't want to raid for whatever reason.

> >

> > Btw whoever said that stat swapping on legendaries is a minor convenience, I think you're crazy. The ability to quickly swap my weapons and armor is the entire reason I got mine in the first place and it's such a huge QOL improvement for me.

>

> I carry 4 staffs with me at this time. 2 of them are legendary. All of them are Berserker's. Stat-swap is useless without sigil swap. Armor is a QoL because it allows rune swap, but it is still a feature you use rarely, involves way too much clicking and costs you tons of money. It would be way cheaper to get multiple ascended sets and swap between them, including the cost of the inventory space. It's a status item, period.

My legendary armor is skinned as asuran t3. Half my weapons are skinned to not legendary. What status symbol? Unless I run round spamming my armor in chat no one knows if its green yellow or purple. For ME its about convenience. Telling someone they are wrong about what they like about something is ridiculous. It's a status symbol for YOU maybe? And that's fine, we all have different reasons.

Reading through this thread and seeing people insist that everyone is just lazy really makes me roll my eyes. These people aren't asking for things to be handed to them. They are asking for equally long and grindy ways to acquire something in a mode which they enjoy doing. I have access to the stuff I want. I'm not opposed to someone else getting the same level of gear in a different way. Giving people long term goals is a GOOD THING, it keeps them playing.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"Celsith.2753" said:

> > > I just finished Aurora. While i'd rather be doing wvw, it was a fairly fun experience and this type of model seems like it would be a great idea to continue in the future for people who like to pve but don't want to raid for whatever reason.

> > >

> > > Btw whoever said that stat swapping on legendaries is a minor convenience, I think you're crazy. The ability to quickly swap my weapons and armor is the entire reason I got mine in the first place and it's such a huge QOL improvement for me.

> >

> > I carry 4 staffs with me at this time. 2 of them are legendary. All of them are Berserker's. Stat-swap is useless without sigil swap. Armor is a QoL because it allows rune swap, but it is still a feature you use rarely, involves way too much clicking and costs you tons of money. It would be way cheaper to get multiple ascended sets and swap between them, including the cost of the inventory space. It's a status item, period.

>

> My legendary armor is skinned as asuran t3. Half my weapons are skinned to not legendary. What status symbol? Unless I run round spamming my armor in chat no one knows if its green yellow or purple. For ME its about convenience. Telling someone they are wrong about what they like about something is ridiculous.

It's not about what they like though. Like I said in another post, the legendary does not save you neither clicks, nor inventory space (since it's cheaper to buy more inventory space than it is to craft legendary), nor gold. What convenience, exactly?

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> My legendary armor is skinned as asuran t3. Half my weapons are skinned to not legendary. What status symbol? Unless I run round spamming my armor in chat no one knows if its green yellow or purple. **For ME its about convenience**. Telling someone they are wrong about what they like about something is ridiculous. It's a status symbol for YOU maybe? And that's fine, we all have different reasons.

Totally agree.

They only reason, imho, for working towards a leggie is the QoL feature.

Ofc you could also like the skin, indeed, but it's an extra.

I prefer legendary armor for two reasons: I personally find it easier to click a couple times and change my stats than to sort through bags of gear. I see you are still trying to tell me I'm wrong about my own preferences LOL.

I'd rather not be carrying even more crap in my bags. I wvw a lot so I have the vendor cube, reg siege, sup siege, guild siege.. 3 different types of food/oil at least, sup traps.. the list goes on. Even if its cheaper to buy more bag space, it's still a pain to trawl through everything I carry. And as someone who plays an awful lot I really don't care about gold so having to spend it isn't an issue. That's what it's for to me.

I'm also goal orientated. I'd rather have a long term goal to work towards and ultimately earn my convenience than just buy it from the gem store like you would bag space. Without a goal I get bored of pve VERY quickly. That's why I have so many Gen 1 and Gen 2 legendary weapons. I made that and it doesn't matter to me if everyone else has the same thing. It doesn't take away what I did, for myself.

Once again, people are not asking for things to be handed to them. They are asking to be able to work toward an item without having to do a game mode they detest.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> I prefer legendary armor for two reasons: I personally find it easier to click a couple times and change my stats than to sort through bags of gear. I see you are still trying to tell me I'm wrong about my own preferences LOL.

No, I'm asking you to tell me what's this mythical convenience you're talking about.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> I'd rather not be carrying even more crap in my bags. I wvw a lot so I have the vendor cube, reg siege, sup siege, guild siege.. 3 different types of food/oil at least, sup traps.. the list goes on. Even if its cheaper to buy more bag space, it's still a pain to trawl through everything I carry. And as someone who plays an awful lot I really don't care about gold so having to spend it isn't an issue. That's what it's for to me.

This is all irrelevant, since you don't need to use bags at all to swap gear. Open hero inventory, click a slot, select which piece to wear, you'll only see the applicable ones.

> @"Celsith.2753" said:

> I'm also goal orientated. I'd rather have a long term goal to work towards and ultimately earn my convenience than just buy it from the gem store like you would bag space. Without a goal I get bored of pve VERY quickly. That's why I have so many Gen 1 and Gen 2 legendary weapons. I made that and it doesn't matter to me if everyone else has the same thing. It doesn't take away what I did, for myself.

Goal is a valid reason, but this is a personal choice that has nothing to do with convenience.

So, convenience? I still don't see any.