More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

> @"katz.8376" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

>

> > Finally, "core design philosophy" really means nothing. These changes aren't decided on a whim. This is business. A very smart person once said, "intelligence is the ability to adapt to change". Getting stuck in 2012 "core design philosophy" is failing to do that. Because it's no longer 2012 and games have changed a lot. ANet are doing the smart thing - they're adapting.

>

> lol wow. i don't even...

>

> core design philosophy is what brought people to the game originally. deviating from that too far, drives those people away. there are SOOOO many MMOs out there now... it's become an oversaturated market... you need a niche to attract.

Right. Why don't you apply in ANet's marketing department? Apparently you know better than them :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > The market isn't oversaturated. It's quite the opposite actually. The MMORPG-genre is in steady decline for a while now due to a lack of innovation, increasing p2w-kitten, "casualization" and other reasons. In fact, most people are looking for MMORPGs without p2w-kitten and could be attracted to GW2 if it weren't for some major flaws in this games multiplayer/socialization-department.

>

> Depends on what you mean, for example, right now, there are at least 5 other AAA titles I could go play, ESO, BDO, FF14, Blade and Soul, Path of Exile, TERA, Skyforge, Riders of Icarus, Arche Age, Trove.. and those are just other generic MMO's I can think of off the top of my head...Not to mention Bless and A:ir coming out this year.

>

The only real "AAA"-MMORPGs are WoW and FF XIV. With the exception of ESO, the rest ist barely mentionable. BDO is dying since Pearl Abyss is steadily butchering the games biggest selling point: Guild versus Guild. Blade and Soul had a good start in the west but died rather rapidly after NCWest introduced too much pay to progress faster than The Flash stuff which turned into P2W due to a very high update-speed. TERA depends on the region you're playing in; TERA EU is basically dead due to Gameforge being one of the worst publishers out there. Arche Age died because of P2W-cancer; even "fresh start"-servers didn't help. PoE is somewhat ok, but the rest is just not mentionable. A:ir is just some kind of generic steampunk-themed MMORPG; the only thing that actually could be a thing would be Bless even though it failed miserably both in Korea and Russia. If their B2P-model turns out to be the same as BDO, it will probably die very fast.

> If I wanted to play more less generic, I could play something like Trove, or Warframe, or if I was in the mode of more a Survival based games, Life is Feudal, just launched, with a many others, like Ark, Conan Exiles, Etc.

Warframe isn't a MMORPG.

> and that is not even touching on the Realm vs Realm games like Crowfall and Camelot Unchained coming out, or the passel of MOBA's on the market right now as well.

MOBAs aren't MMORPGs.

> So.. anyone looking at the market, there is a legion of other MMO's out there.

There's a huge difference between populated MMORPGs and MMORPGs which struggle to live.

> but you have made a solid point.. Lack of Innovation.. so being special.. being different.. is what sells.. not being like everyone else, as such, adding in generic features like raids to an MMO like GW2, to make it more like everyone else.. was a bad move.

Raids themselves aren't necessarily a bad addition. The problem in GW2 is that there literally isn't any kind of forced difficulty-progression so people actually learn their class. Another problem is the trinity-based gameplay raids feature which is just alien to the rest of the game.

>

>

> > I mean, just look at how many MMORPGs are dying lately. Nearly every single new MMORPG dies weeks after its release. Even WoW has major problems which forced Activision Blizzard to finally give in to creating Vanilla-servers.

>

> That is more a worry to GW2 then a reassurance, because the market is soo saturated many MMO's are dying off at a scary rate, which means survival is a very fickle thing in this medium.. something that GW2 and Anet should do well to keep in mind as they work on how to retain what they have.

>

> >

> > Thing nowadays is: For a MMORPG to be popular, it doesn't need to be good or appealing to a certain audiency. It just doesn't have to be bad. Hell, I'd probably give GW2 "only" 6.5 points out of 10 because it's the least sociable MMORPG I've ever played. Still, I enjoy it because its not as kitten as other games.

>

> Yet.. "every single new MMORPG dies weeks after its release"

> seems like you are flopping around all over the place with your point..

Just look at stuff like Revelations Online where many people hoped it would be the next big thing, but turned out to be another P2W-hell. It's like that with almost every single new MMORPG. Either they're too niche, too uninnovative or P2W-bullshit. The exception are Indie-MMORPGs but I doubt those will attract a large crowd of people.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > > >

> > > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > > >

> > > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> > >

> > > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> > >

> > > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> >

> > Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

> I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

No, not reading each post.

You didn’t bother reading the op did ya?

Btw, I have 15 legendary weapons, medium raid legendary armor, warbringer and aurora... so you can put away the silly assumptions.

Spend some time (like 30 seconds) reading the op so you know what this thread is about.

Edit- and I’ll even help you so you don’t have to click back to the very first post...

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

>

> Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

Ahh yes, the Traditional "Learn 2 Play" response that rears it's ugly head on these topics on a regular basis.

That is akin to the "If you want to be rich, just don't be poor" which.. some famous person said.. perhaps paraphrased.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"katz.8376" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> >

> > > Finally, "core design philosophy" really means nothing. These changes aren't decided on a whim. This is business. A very smart person once said, "intelligence is the ability to adapt to change". Getting stuck in 2012 "core design philosophy" is failing to do that. Because it's no longer 2012 and games have changed a lot. ANet are doing the smart thing - they're adapting.

> >

> > lol wow. i don't even...

> >

> > core design philosophy is what brought people to the game originally. deviating from that too far, drives those people away. there are SOOOO many MMOs out there now... it's become an oversaturated market... you need a niche to attract.

>

> Right. Why don't you apply in ANet's marketing department? Apparently you know better than them :lol:

I am not sure she knows better then Anet's market department, but, from this topic alone she has shown she knows more about MMO's then you, like for example, she knew about the NGE, anyway.. with that said, statically, niche games that stick to their strong points do better in the long run, a prime example of this would be EvE.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > The market isn't oversaturated. It's quite the opposite actually. The MMORPG-genre is in steady decline for a while now due to a lack of innovation, increasing p2w-kitten, "casualization" and other reasons. In fact, most people are looking for MMORPGs without p2w-kitten and could be attracted to GW2 if it weren't for some major flaws in this games multiplayer/socialization-department.

> >

> > Depends on what you mean, for example, right now, there are at least 5 other AAA titles I could go play, ESO, BDO, FF14, Blade and Soul, Path of Exile, TERA, Skyforge, Riders of Icarus, Arche Age, Trove.. and those are just other generic MMO's I can think of off the top of my head...Not to mention Bless and A:ir coming out this year.

> >

>

> The only real "AAA"-MMORPGs are WoW and FF XIV.

This would be your opinion.. and an opinion we do not share.

> BDO is dying since Pearl Abyss is steadily butchering the games biggest selling point: Guild versus Guild.

Keep dreaming.. BDO is doing fine. In fact, BDO is currently rocking as good as GW2's Pre-HOT sales numbers.

> > but you have made a solid point.. Lack of Innovation.. so being special.. being different.. is what sells.. not being like everyone else, as such, adding in generic features like raids to an MMO like GW2, to make it more like everyone else.. was a bad move.

>

> Raids themselves aren't necessarily a bad addition. The problem in GW2 is that there literally isn't any kind of forced difficulty-progression so people actually learn their class. Another problem is the trinity-based gameplay raids feature which is just alien to the rest of the game.

We shall disagree, in fact, I think trying to move into a generic trinity type game is doing them more harm then good as well. They had a really nice sale point of self sufficiency and reliance.

Pity they went and messed with that.

> > >

> > > Thing nowadays is: For a MMORPG to be popular, it doesn't need to be good or appealing to a certain audiency. It just doesn't have to be bad. Hell, I'd probably give GW2 "only" 6.5 points out of 10 because it's the least sociable MMORPG I've ever played. Still, I enjoy it because its not as kitten as other games.

> >

> > Yet.. "every single new MMORPG dies weeks after its release"

> > seems like you are flopping around all over the place with your point..

>

> Just look at stuff like Revelations Online where many people hoped it would be the next big thing, but turned out to be another P2W-hell.

Revelations Online was just a bad game.. I mean.. as a game.. is was really.. lackluster.

> It's like that with almost every single new MMORPG. Either they're too niche, too uninnovative or P2W-kitten. The exception are Indie-MMORPGs but I doubt those will attract a large crowd of people.

>

Niche games are doing pretty good these days to tell the truth, they are holding their numbers far better then games trying to please more diverse groups, hence the massive surge in indie niche MMO going into development and hitting the market these days.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > > > >

> > > > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > > > >

> > > > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> > > >

> > > > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> > > >

> > > > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> > >

> > > Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

> > I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> > > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> > I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

>

> No, not reading each post.

>

> You didn’t bother reading the op did ya?

> Btw, I have 15 legendary weapons, medium raid legendary armor, warbringer and aurora... so you can put away the silly assumptions.

> Spend some time (like 30 seconds) reading the op so you know what this thread is about.

Yup, i did read the OP. You aren't the only one asking for this changes tho, i never said "HEY @"Swagger.1459" WANTS EZ ITEMS", did i? Theres a huge difference betwen people that agree with you because they want alternate paths to people that just want easier and "chill xDDD" methods of crafting the items. I disagree with both views, but if you actually play the game you're clearly not the target of my posts. Don't take stuff personal, it's just the internet.

> Edit- and I’ll even help you so you don’t have to click back to the very first post...

>

> > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

I read your suggestion, i just think it's bad. It goes against exploring other parts of the game and rewarding people for doing things other than what they already do. One of the reasons i love this game is because of all different things i had to do for my cool skins and achievments and i want it to stay like this. I like having challanges/tasks to get rewarded, but i guess that isn't a thing for gw2 "gamers".

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > > > > >

> > > > > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> > > > >

> > > > > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> > > >

> > > > Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

> > > I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> > > > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> > > I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

> >

> > No, not reading each post.

> >

> > You didn’t bother reading the op did ya?

> > Btw, I have 15 legendary weapons, medium raid legendary armor, warbringer and aurora... so you can put away the silly assumptions.

> > Spend some time (like 30 seconds) reading the op so you know what this thread is about.

> Yup, i did read the OP. You aren't the only one asking for this changes tho, i never said "HEY @"Swagger.1459" WANTS EZ ITEMS", did i? Theres a huge difference betwen people that agree with you because they want alternate paths to people that just want easier and "chill xDDD" methods of crafting the items. I disagree with both views, but if you actually play the game you're clearly not the target of my posts. Don't take stuff personal, it's just the internet.

>

> > Edit- and I’ll even help you so you don’t have to click back to the very first post...

> >

> > > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> I read your suggestion, i just think it's bad. It goes against exploring other parts of the game and rewarding people for doing things other than what they already do. One of the reasons i love this game is because of all different things i had to do for my cool skins and achievments and i want it to stay like this. I like having challanges/tasks to get rewarded, but i guess that isn't a thing for gw2 "gamers".

I actually welcome opposing views, but at very least, know what the topic is about before you post and make assumptions.

I don’t really need to point out again what your misunderstandings were, so either contribute in a constructive way or move on to a topic that you can be more engaged in.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"katz.8376" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> >

> > > Finally, "core design philosophy" really means nothing. These changes aren't decided on a whim. This is business. A very smart person once said, "intelligence is the ability to adapt to change". Getting stuck in 2012 "core design philosophy" is failing to do that. Because it's no longer 2012 and games have changed a lot. ANet are doing the smart thing - they're adapting.

> >

> > lol wow. i don't even...

> >

> > core design philosophy is what brought people to the game originally. deviating from that too far, drives those people away. there are SOOOO many MMOs out there now... it's become an oversaturated market... you need a niche to attract.

>

> Right. Why don't you apply in ANet's marketing department? Apparently you know better than them :lol:

still waitin to read what game(s) you dev

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > > > > >

> > > > > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> > > > >

> > > > > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> > > > >

> > > > > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> > > >

> > > > Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

> > > I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> > > > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> > > I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

> >

> > No, not reading each post.

> >

> > You didn’t bother reading the op did ya?

> > Btw, I have 15 legendary weapons, medium raid legendary armor, warbringer and aurora... so you can put away the silly assumptions.

> > Spend some time (like 30 seconds) reading the op so you know what this thread is about.

> Yup, i did read the OP. You aren't the only one asking for this changes tho, i never said "HEY @"Swagger.1459" WANTS EZ ITEMS", did i? Theres a huge difference betwen people that agree with you because they want alternate paths to people that just want easier and "chill xDDD" methods of crafting the items. I disagree with both views, but if you actually play the game you're clearly not the target of my posts. Don't take stuff personal, it's just the internet.

>

> > Edit- and I’ll even help you so you don’t have to click back to the very first post...

> >

> > > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> I read your suggestion, i just think it's bad. It goes against exploring other parts of the game and rewarding people for doing things other than what they already do. One of the reasons i love this game is because of all different things i had to do for my cool skins and achievments and i want it to stay like this. I like having challanges/tasks to get rewarded, but i guess that isn't a thing for gw2 "gamers".

The problem is, with Legendary PvE Armor, you are not Exploring Different Paths, you are stuck buying an Expansion and Farming a Raid. If they waned to make the Exploration, each piece should have had it's own direction.

* Boots from Fractals (Typical, do CM's)

* Legs from doing Various Dungeons (IE: having something you need to interact with in each Dungeons Story Mode, excluding Arah)

* Gloves from World Bosses (collecting various dropped items from each World Boss)

* Helm from Jump Puzzles (Again, some item in various JP's that you need to interact with, not just at the end. but hidden along the path)

* Chest from Raids (Obviously the Center piece of the Collection)

Now that would be the BEST way to have put the Armor in, that way, anyone with a full set, has Truly done, all that PvE offers.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> > > > >

> > > > > Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

> > > > I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> > > > > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> > > > I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

> > >

> > > No, not reading each post.

> > >

> > > You didn’t bother reading the op did ya?

> > > Btw, I have 15 legendary weapons, medium raid legendary armor, warbringer and aurora... so you can put away the silly assumptions.

> > > Spend some time (like 30 seconds) reading the op so you know what this thread is about.

> > Yup, i did read the OP. You aren't the only one asking for this changes tho, i never said "HEY @"Swagger.1459" WANTS EZ ITEMS", did i? Theres a huge difference betwen people that agree with you because they want alternate paths to people that just want easier and "chill xDDD" methods of crafting the items. I disagree with both views, but if you actually play the game you're clearly not the target of my posts. Don't take stuff personal, it's just the internet.

> >

> > > Edit- and I’ll even help you so you don’t have to click back to the very first post...

> > >

> > > > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> > I read your suggestion, i just think it's bad. It goes against exploring other parts of the game and rewarding people for doing things other than what they already do. One of the reasons i love this game is because of all different things i had to do for my cool skins and achievments and i want it to stay like this. I like having challanges/tasks to get rewarded, but i guess that isn't a thing for gw2 "gamers".

>

> I actually welcome opposing views, but at very least, know what the topic is about before you post and make assumptions.

>

> I don’t really need to point out again what your misunderstandings were, so either contribute in a constructive way or move on to a topic that you can be more engaged in.

You can't point midunderstandings because they don't exist. English isn't my native language but i can understand it very well AND i've been talking about this subject/thread with a friend that have english as their first language, and they also "got it in the same way". I've been following this thread since last year and no one in this thread gave me a good reason for "having more crafting paths for legendary armor so people don't have to raid/WvW/PvP" instead of letting people explore the game.

I still don't see what people wanting more paths are asking for ... we have many ways to get what you want in the 3 main game modes according to the wiki ... but you want more ... that's very vague. How is anyone supposed to have a reasonable discussion that level of vagueness?

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> > > > >

> > > > > Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

> > > > I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> > > > > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> > > > I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

> > >

> > > No, not reading each post.

> > >

> > > You didn’t bother reading the op did ya?

> > > Btw, I have 15 legendary weapons, medium raid legendary armor, warbringer and aurora... so you can put away the silly assumptions.

> > > Spend some time (like 30 seconds) reading the op so you know what this thread is about.

> > Yup, i did read the OP. You aren't the only one asking for this changes tho, i never said "HEY @"Swagger.1459" WANTS EZ ITEMS", did i? Theres a huge difference betwen people that agree with you because they want alternate paths to people that just want easier and "chill xDDD" methods of crafting the items. I disagree with both views, but if you actually play the game you're clearly not the target of my posts. Don't take stuff personal, it's just the internet.

> >

> > > Edit- and I’ll even help you so you don’t have to click back to the very first post...

> > >

> > > > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> > I read your suggestion, i just think it's bad. It goes against exploring other parts of the game and rewarding people for doing things other than what they already do. One of the reasons i love this game is because of all different things i had to do for my cool skins and achievments and i want it to stay like this. I like having challanges/tasks to get rewarded, but i guess that isn't a thing for gw2 "gamers".

>

> The problem is, with Legendary PvE Armor, you are not Exploring Different Paths, you are stuck buying an Expansion and Farming a Raid. If they waned to make the Exploration, each piece should have had it's own direction.

> * Boots from Fractals (Typical, do CM's)

> * Legs from doing Various Dungeons (IE: having something you need to interact with in each Dungeons Story Mode, excluding Arah)

> * Gloves from World Bosses (collecting various dropped items from each World Boss)

> * Helm from Jump Puzzles (Again, some item in various JP's that you need to interact with, not just at the end. but hidden along the path)

> * Chest from Raids (Obviously the Center piece of the Collection)

>

> Now that would be the BEST way to have put the Armor in, that way, anyone with a full set, has Truly done, all that PvE offers.

So your complaint isn't there aren't enough paths, but you don't like the way it's implemented? That's a completely different discussion.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> I still don't see what people wanting more paths are asking for ... we have many ways to get what you want in the 3 main game modes according to the wiki ... but you want more ... that's very vague. How is anyone supposed to have a reasonable discussion that level of vagueness?

>

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

> > > > > I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> > > > > > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> > > > > I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

> > > >

> > > > No, not reading each post.

> > > >

> > > > You didn’t bother reading the op did ya?

> > > > Btw, I have 15 legendary weapons, medium raid legendary armor, warbringer and aurora... so you can put away the silly assumptions.

> > > > Spend some time (like 30 seconds) reading the op so you know what this thread is about.

> > > Yup, i did read the OP. You aren't the only one asking for this changes tho, i never said "HEY @"Swagger.1459" WANTS EZ ITEMS", did i? Theres a huge difference betwen people that agree with you because they want alternate paths to people that just want easier and "chill xDDD" methods of crafting the items. I disagree with both views, but if you actually play the game you're clearly not the target of my posts. Don't take stuff personal, it's just the internet.

> > >

> > > > Edit- and I’ll even help you so you don’t have to click back to the very first post...

> > > >

> > > > > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> > > I read your suggestion, i just think it's bad. It goes against exploring other parts of the game and rewarding people for doing things other than what they already do. One of the reasons i love this game is because of all different things i had to do for my cool skins and achievments and i want it to stay like this. I like having challanges/tasks to get rewarded, but i guess that isn't a thing for gw2 "gamers".

> >

> > The problem is, with Legendary PvE Armor, you are not Exploring Different Paths, you are stuck buying an Expansion and Farming a Raid. If they waned to make the Exploration, each piece should have had it's own direction.

> > * Boots from Fractals (Typical, do CM's)

> > * Legs from doing Various Dungeons (IE: having something you need to interact with in each Dungeons Story Mode, excluding Arah)

> > * Gloves from World Bosses (collecting various dropped items from each World Boss)

> > * Helm from Jump Puzzles (Again, some item in various JP's that you need to interact with, not just at the end. but hidden along the path)

> > * Chest from Raids (Obviously the Center piece of the Collection)

> >

> > Now that would be the BEST way to have put the Armor in, that way, anyone with a full set, has Truly done, all that PvE offers.

>

> So your complaint isn't there aren't enough paths, but you don't like the way it's implemented? That's a completely different discussion.

Well... At this point.. Not enough Paths, as much as I would like a Fractal, Dungeon, Jump Puzzle, World Exploration, and World Boss Paths put, I'd settle for simply a Core and PoF path.

I agree with original post. Basic to legendary gear available in each different game mode makes sense. Even if it is crazy hard to get it seems odd that this wasn't the standard from the beginning. I'm open world PVE and will probably never raid. I don't want an easy legendary set but I do want the option in my game mode. However, this is not a game breaking issue. I am still having a ton of fun!

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

> > > > > I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> > > > > > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> > > > > I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

> > > >

> > > > No, not reading each post.

> > > >

> > > > You didn’t bother reading the op did ya?

> > > > Btw, I have 15 legendary weapons, medium raid legendary armor, warbringer and aurora... so you can put away the silly assumptions.

> > > > Spend some time (like 30 seconds) reading the op so you know what this thread is about.

> > > Yup, i did read the OP. You aren't the only one asking for this changes tho, i never said "HEY @"Swagger.1459" WANTS EZ ITEMS", did i? Theres a huge difference betwen people that agree with you because they want alternate paths to people that just want easier and "chill xDDD" methods of crafting the items. I disagree with both views, but if you actually play the game you're clearly not the target of my posts. Don't take stuff personal, it's just the internet.

> > >

> > > > Edit- and I’ll even help you so you don’t have to click back to the very first post...

> > > >

> > > > > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> > > I read your suggestion, i just think it's bad. It goes against exploring other parts of the game and rewarding people for doing things other than what they already do. One of the reasons i love this game is because of all different things i had to do for my cool skins and achievments and i want it to stay like this. I like having challanges/tasks to get rewarded, but i guess that isn't a thing for gw2 "gamers".

> >

> > I actually welcome opposing views, but at very least, know what the topic is about before you post and make assumptions.

> >

> > I don’t really need to point out again what your misunderstandings were, so either contribute in a constructive way or move on to a topic that you can be more engaged in.

>

> You can't point midunderstandings because they don't exist. English isn't my native language but i can understand it very well AND i've been talking about this subject/thread with a friend that have english as their first language, and they also "got it in the same way". I've been following this thread since last year and no one in this thread gave me a good reason for "having more crafting paths for legendary armor so people don't have to raid/WvW/PvP" instead of letting people explore the game.

You are the 3rd person I'm am clarifying what this thread is about...

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > >

> > > Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

> >

> > What's the whole point of this thread if I may ask?

> >

> > -There is already legendary armor for all game modes and the only difference is that raid armor has a different skin...if you want the skin then play the content ? And no..I hate raids but I need legendary armor for wvw..so I just do that and craft legendary armor using wvw mode, I don't need the skin, if I want the skin I play the content

>

> "the whole point" is located in the very first sentence.

>

> Also, what is this hang up on legendary armor? Read... "Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want."... This is about end game gear rewards for every area of the game, and for every player. It's bigger than legendary raid armor.

>

> So let's break this down...

>

> .... "path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces)"

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_back_item

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_trinket

>

> FOR...

>

> "every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)"

>

> because...

>

> reasons.

And for additional clarification...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Open_world

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raid

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

> > > > > > I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> > > > > > > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> > > > > > I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

> > > > >

> > > > > No, not reading each post.

> > > > >

> > > > > You didn’t bother reading the op did ya?

> > > > > Btw, I have 15 legendary weapons, medium raid legendary armor, warbringer and aurora... so you can put away the silly assumptions.

> > > > > Spend some time (like 30 seconds) reading the op so you know what this thread is about.

> > > > Yup, i did read the OP. You aren't the only one asking for this changes tho, i never said "HEY @"Swagger.1459" WANTS EZ ITEMS", did i? Theres a huge difference betwen people that agree with you because they want alternate paths to people that just want easier and "chill xDDD" methods of crafting the items. I disagree with both views, but if you actually play the game you're clearly not the target of my posts. Don't take stuff personal, it's just the internet.

> > > >

> > > > > Edit- and I’ll even help you so you don’t have to click back to the very first post...

> > > > >

> > > > > > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> > > > I read your suggestion, i just think it's bad. It goes against exploring other parts of the game and rewarding people for doing things other than what they already do. One of the reasons i love this game is because of all different things i had to do for my cool skins and achievments and i want it to stay like this. I like having challanges/tasks to get rewarded, but i guess that isn't a thing for gw2 "gamers".

> > >

> > > I actually welcome opposing views, but at very least, know what the topic is about before you post and make assumptions.

> > >

> > > I don’t really need to point out again what your misunderstandings were, so either contribute in a constructive way or move on to a topic that you can be more engaged in.

> >

> > You can't point midunderstandings because they don't exist. English isn't my native language but i can understand it very well AND i've been talking about this subject/thread with a friend that have english as their first language, and they also "got it in the same way". I've been following this thread since last year and no one in this thread gave me a good reason for "having more crafting paths for legendary armor so people don't have to raid/WvW/PvP" instead of letting people explore the game.

>

> You are the 3rd person I'm am clarifying what this thread is about...

>

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > >

> > > > Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

> > >

> > > What's the whole point of this thread if I may ask?

> > >

> > > -There is already legendary armor for all game modes and the only difference is that raid armor has a different skin...if you want the skin then play the content ? And no..I hate raids but I need legendary armor for wvw..so I just do that and craft legendary armor using wvw mode, I don't need the skin, if I want the skin I play the content

> >

> > "the whole point" is located in the very first sentence.

> >

> > Also, what is this hang up on legendary armor? Read... "Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want."... This is about end game gear rewards for every area of the game, and for every player. It's bigger than legendary raid armor.

> >

> > So let's break this down...

> >

> > .... "path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces)"

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_back_item

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_trinket

> >

> > FOR...

> >

> > "every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)"

> >

> > because...

> >

> > reasons.

>

> And for additional clarification...

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Open_world

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raid

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

I aready know that, my dude. I talk mainly about legendary armor because those are the """""hard""""" ones to get. I don't think legendary weapons and trinkets need this change either, but i don't see the point of talking about it since it's even less possible to get changed. Yeah, your idea would be very convenient and some people would love it, but too much convenience makes the game feels less like an "adventure" game and more like a "Second Life" kind of game. lol

I Like Stihl's suggestion but i don't want more than one game mode having a path to X reward. It would be better if anet made other rewards for that, so people would have even more choices and would actually have one more reason to do different content. No point making the game worse in general just because some players didn't like other parts of the game.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

> > > > > > I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> > > > > > > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> > > > > > I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

> > > > >

> > > > > No, not reading each post.

> > > > >

> > > > > You didn’t bother reading the op did ya?

> > > > > Btw, I have 15 legendary weapons, medium raid legendary armor, warbringer and aurora... so you can put away the silly assumptions.

> > > > > Spend some time (like 30 seconds) reading the op so you know what this thread is about.

> > > > Yup, i did read the OP. You aren't the only one asking for this changes tho, i never said "HEY @"Swagger.1459" WANTS EZ ITEMS", did i? Theres a huge difference betwen people that agree with you because they want alternate paths to people that just want easier and "chill xDDD" methods of crafting the items. I disagree with both views, but if you actually play the game you're clearly not the target of my posts. Don't take stuff personal, it's just the internet.

> > > >

> > > > > Edit- and I’ll even help you so you don’t have to click back to the very first post...

> > > > >

> > > > > > Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

> > > > I read your suggestion, i just think it's bad. It goes against exploring other parts of the game and rewarding people for doing things other than what they already do. One of the reasons i love this game is because of all different things i had to do for my cool skins and achievments and i want it to stay like this. I like having challanges/tasks to get rewarded, but i guess that isn't a thing for gw2 "gamers".

> > >

> > > I actually welcome opposing views, but at very least, know what the topic is about before you post and make assumptions.

> > >

> > > I don’t really need to point out again what your misunderstandings were, so either contribute in a constructive way or move on to a topic that you can be more engaged in.

> >

> > You can't point midunderstandings because they don't exist. English isn't my native language but i can understand it very well AND i've been talking about this subject/thread with a friend that have english as their first language, and they also "got it in the same way". I've been following this thread since last year and no one in this thread gave me a good reason for "having more crafting paths for legendary armor so people don't have to raid/WvW/PvP" instead of letting people explore the game.

>

> You are the 3rd person I'm am clarifying what this thread is about...

>

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > >

> > > > Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

> > >

> > > What's the whole point of this thread if I may ask?

> > >

> > > -There is already legendary armor for all game modes and the only difference is that raid armor has a different skin...if you want the skin then play the content ? And no..I hate raids but I need legendary armor for wvw..so I just do that and craft legendary armor using wvw mode, I don't need the skin, if I want the skin I play the content

> >

> > "the whole point" is located in the very first sentence.

> >

> > Also, what is this hang up on legendary armor? Read... "Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want."... This is about end game gear rewards for every area of the game, and for every player. It's bigger than legendary raid armor.

> >

> > So let's break this down...

> >

> > .... "path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces)"

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_back_item

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_trinket

> >

> > FOR...

> >

> > "every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)"

> >

> > because...

> >

> > reasons.

>

> And for additional clarification...

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Open_world

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raid

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

I aready know that, my dude. I talk mainly about legendary armor because those are the """""hard""""" ones to get. I don't think legendary weapons and trinkets need this change either, but i don't see the point of talking about it since it's even less possible to get changed. Yeah, your idea would be very convenient and some people would love it, but too much convenience makes the game feels less like an "adventure" game and more like a "Second Life" kind of game. lol

I Like Stihl's suggestion but i don't want more than one game mode having a path to X reward. It would be better if anet made other rewards for that, so people would have even more choices and would actually have one more reason to do different content. No point making the game worse in general just because some players didn't like other parts of the game.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

Isn't that the very same argument raiders had when they asked for raids?

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> > I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".

> Isn't that the very same argument raiders had when they asked for raids?

>

>

Still a bad argument. Personally i never said that and if raids werent implemented i would keep playing the other gamemodes like i always did. I just don't want to play different gamemodes for the same rewards.

>Well but if you play all gamemodes you can just get everyt-

No. lol

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > Isn't that the very same argument raiders had when they asked for raids?

> >

> >

> Still a bad argument.

yah, that's what I said way back when.. they still put the raids in.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > Isn't that the very same argument raiders had when they asked for raids?

> > >

> > >

> > Still a bad argument.

>

> yah, that's what I said way back when.. they still put the raids in.

Because there was an actual reason for that.