Did you play the original Guild Wars?

Guild Wars 1: Human male Elementalist "Hyper Nl"

![](https://i.imgur.com/3pKpMoS.jpg "")

You have played this character for 6403 hours 29 minutes over the past 134 months. (1.6h/day)

Best title: "Gold Walking Amongst mere Mortals"

Guild Wars 2: Human male Elementalist "Aranimda"

![](https://i.imgur.com/W9CwZSX.jpg "")

You have played this character for 2804 hours over the past 1923 days. (63 months) (1.5h/day)

Best title: "Gold Walking Amongst mere Mortals" (Nothing will ever beat this one)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Maizan.8516 said:

> I wish I had gotten into it. I got it not to long after it was released but I think I was turned off by everything being instanced outside the cities. With my love for gw2 I would like to go back in and give it a go if I can find my install disk.

You don’t need an install disk. If you remember your login all you need to do is to [download](https://www.guildwars.com/en/download) the client.

_______

Started playing Guild Wars 1 in 2008. Played it off and on for 4 years and got through HoM with Champion of the Gods. Played until gw2 started.

I played it a fair amount (including open beta) up to eye of the north, at which point I was already heavily invested back into Wow and I didn't even buy it.

Similarly, I prepurchased GW2 and played on launch, which I played a fair amount, but quit shortly after LS1 (Scarlet in LA) and went back to wow.

Sadly this means my knowledge of the game lore is disjointed at best.

When I first started playing GW2 I had guild mates who had played GW extensively and raved over it. So, because I was still in enthusiast mode and wanted the whole experience of Guild Wars, I bought the complete set.

I have to admit, I wasn't entranced. While it was surprisingly pretty for what was even then an old game, I found the movement clunky and the game play complicated. I think you probably had to be there in the day to appreciate its qualities. I missed the enhancements and user friendliness of GW2.

My character probably has quite a few birthday minis waiting for her but I most likely won't return.

A co-worker turned me onto it. I got used to it but didn't care much for how you control the player. I tried to go back and play again after a few years but lost my account info. I wanted to go back for some achieve GW2 stuff like the Black Widow Spider pet for ranger and such. CS was never able to help me recover account info.

I have played GW1 to some extend but maybe i was a bit late to the ship, not many players still playing at the time i got it start.

Also i don't enjoy playing with other players besides my actual friend during that period, so i have dropped it and go for another game instead.

GW2 actually the perfect type of MMO for me, i don't dungeon, raid but i enjoy openworld a lot, until i got in love with wvw, it is now my primary game mode on daily bases.

Played GW1 for so long and thoroughly that it was enough for 50 HoM points for main and mule account and even sponsoring some more.

I was somewhat late: I entered during the EOTN preview weekend.

The story how I joined GW1 is funny. I was hooked to Oblivion at that time and never ever thought about playing an MMO. A friend pestered me with GW1, but I was fine with single player games. MMOs are addictive, it was said, so I passed them. Some evening, the friend called and asked if he could drop in for a few minutes. He has some computer problem. After entering, he put a colored paper box on my desk with "Nightfall" written over it and demanded: "You will now install this."

Well, since then I was playing GW1 and later GW2.

Played GW1 starting in one of the preorder beta events shortly before they moved skills out of the skill ring system.

In fact, that's where my ranger, and by extension my GW2 thief got their names. "Twinsong" was a reference to using the dual shot preparation in conjunction with nature rituals, as at that time rituals were just a long duration field effect and didn't spawn a spirit (and were thus uncounterable lol) So he sang rituals and shot two arrows at a time.

Never finished any of my various title grinds and near the end of my time I mostly did whatever I could to finish out my HOM skins for GW2 and enjoyed a lot of the Guild Wars Beyond content. Still a little sad they didn't finish the beyond stuff for Elona. I would have liked to see Joko's second rise to power.