Reputation Tiers for gems purchased

Special rewards for being a cash whale? Why not. I'd be somewhere up there myself. A special legendary amor set for the rich or at least for those willing to spend a lot of money. Though, it certainly wouldn't do anything to fix your real issue. You are simply not a part of the intended audience of raids with that attitude of yours.

Actually, why don't you just buy your way towards a legendary armor set by paying for all of the required kills?

A busy real life is just an excuse. I manage a demanding full-time job and studying on the weekends while being in a relationship. Achieving anything in the game takes me far longer than it takes friends of mine who are able to play almost 24/7. Yet I still manage for the most part. Raids take away 2-2.5h (if I include the new wing) of my time per week. Most women are able to deal with that, I am sure.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Henry.5713 said:

> Special rewards for being a cash whale? Why not. I'd be somewhere up there myself. A special legendary amor set for the rich or at least for those willing to spend a lot of money. Though, it certainly wouldn't do anything to fix your real issue. You are simply not a part of the intended audience of raids with that attitude of yours.

> Actually, why don't you just buy your way towards a legendary armor set by paying for all of the required kills?

>

> A busy real life is just an excuse. I manage a demanding full-time job and studying on the weekends while being in a relationship. Achieving anything in the game takes me far longer than it takes friends of mine who are able to play almost 24/7. Yet I still manage for the most part. Raids take away 2-2.5h (if I include the new wing) of my time per week. Most women are able to deal with that, I am sure.

Actually the issue is ANet needs cash, a tier system like what Rift has would help incentives people to spend more for exclusive skins, this strategy is just a beefed up more elaborate version of the coffee card where holes are punched until you get rewarded for spending money. Yes I am shamelessly suggesting that those that pay more should have something to show for it and get some recognition for bankrolling your playtime.

Scoff at me all you want but if people like me lose interest then box price alone will not maintain your expectations for GW2.

People already were upset with a skin for 2000 gems and you believe they will accept your proposition, OP ?

Edit: besides that, the premise of OP is ridiculous imo. The game throws so many items and easy way of changing your gear and you actually only want to play power reaper and nothing else ?

I think it's possible anet will institute some kind of rewards system in the future as a last resort. They're making ever increasingly unpopular decisions. They're squeezing us tighter and tighter for money but what they don't realize is if they just let their grip relax a little the money would flow.

> @flog.3485 said:

> People already were upset with a skin for 2000 gems and you believe they will accept your proposition, OP ?

>

> Edit: besides that, the premise of OP is ridiculous imo. The game throws so many items and easy way of changing your gear and you actually only want to play power reaper and nothing else ?

Who cares they accept or not, MO himself more or less stated these 2000 Gem items are geared to bigger spenders, unfortunately the data shows the cheaper utility items are rarely touched upon less there's a sale, how ever when Rift went F2P and they came out with their Patron Tier system it got the money flowing. Lets say I was going to spend d 50 this week which I already did, if I was 1,000 gems away from a new tier with some exclusive cosmetic skins you better believe I'd cough that Tra 10 or 20 up to get it, same thing as going to Bath and Body works where you spend a little bit more to get that next coupon for more crap. The best part is if those ski stores are exclusive you better believe we would where those in game to prove our level of support with pride.

> @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> Horrible idea tbh. Just horrible.

It is at first glance but look at any successful specialty store like Bath and Body, you'll see this is kind of common the difference being they send you tons of coupons instead.

Rift had a good point, the system was there to incentise people to support the game, each tier was relatively reasonable to obtain until you got really high up there and it is exactly something Theaters and Muesams do for their patrons. People spend more money if they think they're getting more, and Patrons like recognition for their support of art and enjoy being able to provide it for the masses.

And Guildwars2 Is an incredible piece of art.

On the whole - putting legendary armor in gem store does not come across as a good idea to me.

Previous comments have mentioned that they can acquire legendary weapons through gems to gold exchange and buy from other players. However there is no shortcut like this for legendary armor.

Players should perhaps consider the shear value of legendary armor - once you get a full set for 1 weight class - you potentially never have to get gear for that class again.

My current stand would be that this isn't where I would like to see the game heading, however if something like legendary armor precursors were made available perhaps, ensure that they have a high price - eg 10k gems per precursor piece and 50k gems per legendary armor piece. Would anyone buy this? - perhaps a small % of the gem store users. Putting a higher price on these items will give the option for those who cannot invest as much time in the game but also be reflective of the time and effort players who have earned their armor in game have put in.

At the above valuation, 1 legendary piece of armor would cost through gem store approximately $625 (USD) and a full set $3750(USD).

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> > Horrible idea tbh. Just horrible.

>

> It is at first glance but look at any successful specialty store like Bath and Body, you'll see this is kind of common the difference being they send you tons of coupons instead.

>

> Rift had a good point, the system was there to incentise people to support the game, each tier was relatively reasonable to obtain until you got really high up there and it is exactly something Theaters and Muesams do for their patrons. People spend more money if they think they're getting more, and Patrons like recognition for their support of art and enjoy being able to provide it for the masses.

>

> And Guildwars2 Is an incredible piece of art.

How about an being awarded an item that lets every player who doesn't have that item in their inventory automatically do the /kneel emote when you come close and give them the option of uttering the words "Magnificent benefactor, the humble masses thank thee." And then you'd have the option of throwing coins at their feet.

If they refuse to play along however you can call the guards to give them a good thrashing and throw them in jail.

> @BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372 said:

> > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> > > Horrible idea tbh. Just horrible.

> >

> > It is at first glance but look at any successful specialty store like Bath and Body, you'll see this is kind of common the difference being they send you tons of coupons instead.

> >

> > Rift had a good point, the system was there to incentise people to support the game, each tier was relatively reasonable to obtain until you got really high up there and it is exactly something Theaters and Muesams do for their patrons. People spend more money if they think they're getting more, and Patrons like recognition for their support of art and enjoy being able to provide it for the masses.

> >

> > And Guildwars2 Is an incredible piece of art.

>

> How about an being awarded an item that lets every player who doesn't have that item in their inventory automatically do the /kneel emote when you come close and give them the option of uttering the words "Magnificent benefactor, the humble masses thank thee." And then you'd have the option of throwing coins at their feet.

> If they refuse to play along however you can call the guards to give them a good thrashing and throw them in jail.

>

You have a thrashing fetish confirmed.

> > @Coulter.2315 said:

> > > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > I have a new idea for ANet to encourage gem purchases.

> > >

> > > Rift has different Tiers associated with cash shop purchase amounts, these come with exclusive rewards.

> > >

> > > Why not an exclusive legendary armor set, then I could work my way towards it without dealing with rejection from Raiders because I play a Power Reaper, then you guys get more financial support right?

> >

> > If you only play power reaper what possible use would legendary armour have for you? Even if you wanted to vary your armour stats you could just get 4 or 5 ascended sets for the same result.

>

> To look cool.

If they sold just the legendary skins, NOT THE UTILITY, I would support it.

If you also have the legendary armor obtained through PvP or WvW, they look exactly the same. If you don't, then there's a cool looking "$" symbol on your back.

> > @flog.3485 said:

> > People already were upset with a skin for 2000 gems and you believe they will accept your proposition, OP ?

> >

> > Edit: besides that, the premise of OP is ridiculous imo. The game throws so many items and easy way of changing your gear and you actually only want to play power reaper and nothing else ?

>

> Who cares they accept or not, MO himself more or less stated these 2000 Gem items are geared to bigger spenders, unfortunately the data shows the cheaper utility items are rarely touched upon less there's a sale, how ever when Rift went F2P and they came out with their Patron Tier system it got the money flowing. Lets say I was going to spend d 50 this week which I already did, if I was 1,000 gems away from a new tier with some exclusive cosmetic skins you better believe I'd cough that Tra 10 or 20 up to get it, same thing as going to Bath and Body works where you spend a little bit more to get that next coupon for more crap. The best part is if those ski stores are exclusive you better believe we would where those in game to prove our level of support with pride.

...and then not spend $50 the next week, because you'd already spent extra now and will be far away from gaining a new tier, netting a $30 loss, and further disincentivising you to buy again because you won't get a new reward until you've spent another $100, $200, $500, $1000... etc... The pendulum swings both ways.

This is not something you are "working towards". You aren't actually doing anything, nor are you making any sort of progress. This is something you are "paying off". This is something you are buying in multi-hundred-dollar installments that you get to have when you've finally paid the full amount. Imagine if there was a fancy armor skin in the gemstore that cost $200 usd worth of gems (~10k gems), and you got some other gemstore items "free" with it. Does that sound reasonable?

PS: I would stop shopping at Bath and Body Works if they're scamming you that hard. Everything they sell is available elsewhere and for cheaper. You aren't gaining value with their incentives, all you're doing is prepaying for items you might never buy. They don't really love you. Break the psychological manipulation. You can do it. _Caveat Emptor_.

> @Trise.2865 said:

> > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > @flog.3485 said:

> PS: I would stop shopping at Bath and Body Works if they're scamming you that hard. Everything they sell is available elsewhere and for cheaper. You aren't gaining value with their incentives, all you're doing is prepaying for items you might never buy. They don't really love you. Break the psychological manipulation. You can do it. _Caveat Emptor_.

People sell bath and body works scents elsewhere? and for cheaper? What did they do, steal them? I got a bunch of full size lotions and shower gels this summer for $3 each. I highly doubt they were available elsewhere for cheaper. Oh man and they smelled so good. I ran out of my favorite one and now I want to go back and buy more.

I spend approximately £100 a year on gems and I'd be totally against this.

If you genuinely just want to spend more money on the game there's absolutely nothing stopping you. If you don't feel there's enough stuff in the gem store for you to buy then you can convert the gems to gold and buy in-game items with them (or buy raid completion via LFG if that's what you want). Or you could use it to gift stuff to other people who maybe don't have as much money as you.

If you want a pat on the head from Anet and a way to show off to everyone else that you're a special player for spending $X this month/year/since the game began then I think you need to re-think your priorities. And if you're just looking for a way to skip playing the game maybe re-think whether it's actually worth spending your money on a game you apparently don't have time to play. Would you pay extra for a movie ticket that let you just see clips of key scenes so you can get the whole thing done in 30 minutes instead of 2 hours? Of course not. So why look for ways to spend more money to not play the game?

Look in reality I was being cheeky about legendary armor, how ever a legendary quality armor skin and weapon skins you eventually unlock with matching mount skins sort of like the achievement panel. Something that makes you feel better about spending money and people see the skins and realize the person through support into the game. I'm not talking pay to win here just something you gradually unlock that looks BOSS.

I admit I was kind of stirring the pot there but I was being serious about the skins.

> @Furious.2867 said:

> I totally understand where the OP is coming from but expect a lot of vitriol from the player base if they implemented it. I personally wouldn't mind because I wouldn't buy it but just having the option available will get a lot of hate from people.

Those people should work harder at making money. Maybe join a guild that can carry them through the rewards. If they cant afford it, maybe change to a profession that can.