Do raids need easy/normal/hard difficulty mode? [merged]

Lonami.2987

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> And even when it was up, was far less popular than the farm events on the arena below it.

So what you are saying is that this game should only have SW Chest farming, AB ML and Palawadan style events because that's what's the most popular with this community?

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Farms will always be popular, that has nothing to do with the need for the game to provide challenge.

>

> Any objections if the next two trinkets are from spvp and wvw?

Prob should ask the pvp/wvw community, last I heard they hated the "filthy casuals that plagued their game mode" last time a unique reward was added to their mode spcifically

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Farms will always be popular, that has nothing to do with the need for the game to provide challenge.

>

Of course. It's a PvE game. I expect a trinket from LS4.

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > Farms will always be popular, that has nothing to do with the need for the game to provide challenge.

> >

> > Any objections if the next two trinkets are from spvp and wvw?

>

> Prob should ask the pvp/wvw community, last I heard they hated the "filthy casuals that plagued their game mode" last time a unique reward was added to their mode spcifically

Didn’t stop me from pvping.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > Farms will always be popular, that has nothing to do with the need for the game to provide challenge.

> >

>

> Of course. It's a PvE game. I expect a trinket from LS4.

Ah at last, the Achilles heel.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > Farms will always be popular, that has nothing to do with the need for the game to provide challenge.

> > >

> > > Any objections if the next two trinkets are from spvp and wvw?

> >

> > Prob should ask the pvp/wvw community, last I heard they hated the "filthy casuals that plagued their game mode" last time a unique reward was added to their mode spcifically

>

> Didn’t stop me from pvping.

My experience is from wvw. The last time they got new blood (the pip system's introduction) my guild at the time wanted all the new blood gone as they were holding queues and weren't very good at following commands or getting on ts. They badically saw and used the new people as cannon fodder. They just couldn't wait for the new people that came in to just quit the game mode.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

>

I wouldn't care at all.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > Farms will always be popular, that has nothing to do with the need for the game to provide challenge.

> > >

> > > Any objections if the next two trinkets are from spvp and wvw?

> >

> > Of course. It's a PvE game. I expect a trinket from LS4.

>

> Ah at last, the Achilles heel.

I mean, it's just unrealistic. They might put some parts of it there - like how Gift of Battle is locked - but that's as much as you can realistically expect.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > The real question is not if raids need an easy mode, as the Devs have said they won't change raids, but why are we paying for content that we can't play?

>

> The game, like any game, has inaccessible parts by members of the playerbase, it had been like that since release.

> The same question can be made for any part of the game somebody doesn't like. That's not a very good question to make.

> The better question is, does everything that you care about in the game, for its price, satisfy you?

the answer to that would be _No_

But that is why I have stopped spending money on the game.

None the less. As I said and will keep saying. Anyone discouraged about Raids and looking for a more Open World type path to Legendary Armor, check out WvW. It's the Glorious Armor Path, and as long as you can contribute, you will make progress, treat it like a PvE map, and try not to let getting one shotted by other players discourage you.

> @"Teamkiller.4315" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > > You know, GW2 was advertised with challenges. And it slowly shifted towards them during LS1 and 2. You could also finally realise that casual content not means faceroll easy but how you work towards your goals. No huge chunks of time needed but you can complete them in small steps. Raids work the same way actually. One week to clear a wing, small wings with a low number of encounters. Many casuals enjoy a occascional challange. GW2 is to 100% casual-friendly but it doesn't hand you everything on a silver plate. Huge difference.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I got that response last time, and shot int down over the course of the next 5 or 6 pages.. will I do that again? Nope.

> > > >

> > > > The end consensus (or grudging admittance) on this topic was that No one believe this.. not even raiders or the people that say it... and especially not the Anet Devs.

> > > >

> > > > In the end, anyone that does not want to bother with Raids, I encourage them to move on from that content, and head over to WvW.

> > >

> > > Queens gauntlet? Aetherpath? Even Arah. All content that got never cleared by a majority and yet it got released around the first year, Aetherpath bit later October 2013. GW2 always contained challenges. And now it's bad hmm?

> >

> > Lets see... You listed.. 2 dead dungeons, not only dead, but outright abandoned directly by Anet for being failures, and a 1 time event that was never mimicked...and that is your stand by to say this is a good idea?

> >

> > Yup.. not having this discussion again.

> >

> > But no matter,. Anet Devs have said that Raids won't be changing, so, going though the words and motions with you at this point won't do any good.

> >

> > Anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, but not wanting to do Raids, WvW, (World Vs World), which can be brought up by hitting B in game, is a great alternative, just pick the Glorious Armor reward track, and head out into the big Open World and try to stay alive long enough to earn some pips.

>

> Look man, all you do is talk about the "good old days" of the early pages of the thread, say something snarky, then say you refuse to have this discussion again.

>

> Why do you even continue posting here then?

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > Do you really feel entitled to have a full easy mode game?

> > > >

> > > > **Yes!** We come to this game for an all easymode game! That's why we aren't playing a hard mode game. If we wanted hard mode, we'd be playing something else! Having a game that is 99% one thing and then 1% another is the worst, because it means that people who enjoy most of the game have some portion forever closed off to them. This is why we need an easy mode, so that 100% of the game is open to those who enjoy most of it.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > **entitled**

> > > adjective UK ​ /ɪnˈtaɪ.təld/ /ɪnˈtaɪ.t̬əld/ disapproving

> > > ​

> > > feeling that you have the right to do or have what you want without having to work for it or deserve it, just because of who you are:

> > >

> > > Is the 100% of the game open for me, that I don't enjoy casual "do whatever" playing? Should anet do a hard mode of every content in the game? No?

> >

> > But you have the skills, time, twitch skill, and resources to do said content, as such, it is purely a matter of you not wanting to do it, not a matter of lacking the capacity on any level to do it,. Many casuals do not have the time, twitch skill, or resources to do raids.

> >

> > As such, you have 100% of the game open to you.. others do not.

> >

> > If you firmly believe that 100% of the players can do raids, then they are not any more special then say getting a PoI, but, we all know that Raids are designed to be hard content, and this by definition have a limited number of players that can do them.

> >

> > The real question is not if raids need an easy mode, as the Devs have said they won't change raids, but why are we paying for content that we can't play?

> >

> > You can play anything, but may have chosen not to, others can't.

> >

> > In any case, anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, I encourage you to try WvW, it is a very open way to progress, and like many of the best parts of GW2, you can make progress at your own pace, and as long as you contribute, you will gain.

> >

> > Raids are done and dead content, they will not change, but, there are other paths, and I hope anyone reading this topic feeling discouraged about Raids, checks out WvW.

>

> You either are deminishing yourself and your skills, or simply using this as a fake argument. I can't get to understand why'd you argue this, really. Like.

>

> When I started raiding I did not have ANY skill. Raiders aren't born being raiders and having skills, you know. In my case, I was a PvE casual. I had only done what any casual does: map metas, OW events, things like that. I played PvP too, but never got past silver. And GW2 was my very first MMO, so you can imagine how my skill was, but if you still need me to tell you I'll do it: it was non-existent. I'm very good at understanding things, but my practical skill is limited and I need a good amount of time to develop that.

>

> I wasn't any different from any current OW casual player, because _I was_ an OW casual player.

>

> Resources? Nope. I had only 1 ascended set, my ele berserker's set. All my other toons were on exotics. And it's funny because I only lasted like 3 weeks playing ele. I hated it so much that I decided to go druid, and raided with druid, in FULL EXOTICS I got from Orr. How is that having resources. I only had resources when I got lucky and a black lion chest gave me a permanent bank contract that I sold for a lot of gold, and I spent all of it in crafting a full ascended set for my druid.

>

> So resources? Nay. Skills? Hahahahaha #no. Like really. I was bad. Plain bad. Real bad.

>

> I have resources now that I've been raiding for more than a year. I have skills now, that I've been raiding for more than a year. Now, not then.

>

> Ohoni was saying that he doesn't have the 100% of the game open to him, because raids is not a content he enjoys, and there's not a version of it that he can enjoy, so he has not the 100% of the game available to him. That isn't any different from me saying the same about open world. But it's an incorrect statement. We ALL have the 100% of the game, and lock ourselves out of content because of internal decisions and beliefs about ourselves. EVERYONE has the capacity to raid, EVERYONE has the capacity to learn -even if you can't raid properly at the start (few can), you are able to learn. If you're not interested in learning, that's up to you. But you always have the capacity.

>

> 100% of players can raid, yes, if they are willing to make some amount of effort and learn a little. And yes raids are harder content, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Raids require learning, but everyone can learn. Nobody here is an idiot incapable of learning. So, you cannot say that you or anyone can't raid or that the 100% of the game isn't available to you.

>

> So, continuing to read your post: you are paying to have access to the game, and claiming that you cannot play a part of the game (raids) is completely false. You CAN raid, unless you define "being able to raid" as entering the boss and being able to defeat it just by "doing whatever". But why would you do that? Some parts of every game are always harder than others so sometimes you need to learn and sharpen your skills a little. DOes that mean you can't play that content? Hell no.

>

> Every time you say that some people can't raid, I feel you're just assuming they're idiots.

>

This is like saying "Everyone can be a millionaire if they put in the work" .. so.. why are we all not millionaires?

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Teamkiller.4315" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > > > You know, GW2 was advertised with challenges. And it slowly shifted towards them during LS1 and 2. You could also finally realise that casual content not means faceroll easy but how you work towards your goals. No huge chunks of time needed but you can complete them in small steps. Raids work the same way actually. One week to clear a wing, small wings with a low number of encounters. Many casuals enjoy a occascional challange. GW2 is to 100% casual-friendly but it doesn't hand you everything on a silver plate. Huge difference.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I got that response last time, and shot int down over the course of the next 5 or 6 pages.. will I do that again? Nope.

> > > > >

> > > > > The end consensus (or grudging admittance) on this topic was that No one believe this.. not even raiders or the people that say it... and especially not the Anet Devs.

> > > > >

> > > > > In the end, anyone that does not want to bother with Raids, I encourage them to move on from that content, and head over to WvW.

> > > >

> > > > Queens gauntlet? Aetherpath? Even Arah. All content that got never cleared by a majority and yet it got released around the first year, Aetherpath bit later October 2013. GW2 always contained challenges. And now it's bad hmm?

> > >

> > > Lets see... You listed.. 2 dead dungeons, not only dead, but outright abandoned directly by Anet for being failures, and a 1 time event that was never mimicked...and that is your stand by to say this is a good idea?

> > >

> > > Yup.. not having this discussion again.

> > >

> > > But no matter,. Anet Devs have said that Raids won't be changing, so, going though the words and motions with you at this point won't do any good.

> > >

> > > Anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, but not wanting to do Raids, WvW, (World Vs World), which can be brought up by hitting B in game, is a great alternative, just pick the Glorious Armor reward track, and head out into the big Open World and try to stay alive long enough to earn some pips.

> >

> > Look man, all you do is talk about the "good old days" of the early pages of the thread, say something snarky, then say you refuse to have this discussion again.

> >

> > Why do you even continue posting here then?

>

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > Do you really feel entitled to have a full easy mode game?

> > > > >

> > > > > **Yes!** We come to this game for an all easymode game! That's why we aren't playing a hard mode game. If we wanted hard mode, we'd be playing something else! Having a game that is 99% one thing and then 1% another is the worst, because it means that people who enjoy most of the game have some portion forever closed off to them. This is why we need an easy mode, so that 100% of the game is open to those who enjoy most of it.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > **entitled**

> > > > adjective UK ​ /ɪnˈtaɪ.təld/ /ɪnˈtaɪ.t̬əld/ disapproving

> > > > ​

> > > > feeling that you have the right to do or have what you want without having to work for it or deserve it, just because of who you are:

> > > >

> > > > Is the 100% of the game open for me, that I don't enjoy casual "do whatever" playing? Should anet do a hard mode of every content in the game? No?

> > >

> > > But you have the skills, time, twitch skill, and resources to do said content, as such, it is purely a matter of you not wanting to do it, not a matter of lacking the capacity on any level to do it,. Many casuals do not have the time, twitch skill, or resources to do raids.

> > >

> > > As such, you have 100% of the game open to you.. others do not.

> > >

> > > If you firmly believe that 100% of the players can do raids, then they are not any more special then say getting a PoI, but, we all know that Raids are designed to be hard content, and this by definition have a limited number of players that can do them.

> > >

> > > The real question is not if raids need an easy mode, as the Devs have said they won't change raids, but why are we paying for content that we can't play?

> > >

> > > You can play anything, but may have chosen not to, others can't.

> > >

> > > In any case, anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, I encourage you to try WvW, it is a very open way to progress, and like many of the best parts of GW2, you can make progress at your own pace, and as long as you contribute, you will gain.

> > >

> > > Raids are done and dead content, they will not change, but, there are other paths, and I hope anyone reading this topic feeling discouraged about Raids, checks out WvW.

> >

> > You either are deminishing yourself and your skills, or simply using this as a fake argument. I can't get to understand why'd you argue this, really. Like.

> >

> > When I started raiding I did not have ANY skill. Raiders aren't born being raiders and having skills, you know. In my case, I was a PvE casual. I had only done what any casual does: map metas, OW events, things like that. I played PvP too, but never got past silver. And GW2 was my very first MMO, so you can imagine how my skill was, but if you still need me to tell you I'll do it: it was non-existent. I'm very good at understanding things, but my practical skill is limited and I need a good amount of time to develop that.

> >

> > I wasn't any different from any current OW casual player, because _I was_ an OW casual player.

> >

> > Resources? Nope. I had only 1 ascended set, my ele berserker's set. All my other toons were on exotics. And it's funny because I only lasted like 3 weeks playing ele. I hated it so much that I decided to go druid, and raided with druid, in FULL EXOTICS I got from Orr. How is that having resources. I only had resources when I got lucky and a black lion chest gave me a permanent bank contract that I sold for a lot of gold, and I spent all of it in crafting a full ascended set for my druid.

> >

> > So resources? Nay. Skills? Hahahahaha #no. Like really. I was bad. Plain bad. Real bad.

> >

> > I have resources now that I've been raiding for more than a year. I have skills now, that I've been raiding for more than a year. Now, not then.

> >

> > Ohoni was saying that he doesn't have the 100% of the game open to him, because raids is not a content he enjoys, and there's not a version of it that he can enjoy, so he has not the 100% of the game available to him. That isn't any different from me saying the same about open world. But it's an incorrect statement. We ALL have the 100% of the game, and lock ourselves out of content because of internal decisions and beliefs about ourselves. EVERYONE has the capacity to raid, EVERYONE has the capacity to learn -even if you can't raid properly at the start (few can), you are able to learn. If you're not interested in learning, that's up to you. But you always have the capacity.

> >

> > 100% of players can raid, yes, if they are willing to make some amount of effort and learn a little. And yes raids are harder content, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Raids require learning, but everyone can learn. Nobody here is an idiot incapable of learning. So, you cannot say that you or anyone can't raid or that the 100% of the game isn't available to you.

> >

> > So, continuing to read your post: you are paying to have access to the game, and claiming that you cannot play a part of the game (raids) is completely false. You CAN raid, unless you define "being able to raid" as entering the boss and being able to defeat it just by "doing whatever". But why would you do that? Some parts of every game are always harder than others so sometimes you need to learn and sharpen your skills a little. DOes that mean you can't play that content? Hell no.

> >

> > Every time you say that some people can't raid, I feel you're just assuming they're idiots.

> >

>

> This is like saying "Everyone can be a millionaire if they put in the work" .. so.. why are we all not millionaires?

Different people, different priorities, different choices. But following the metaphor, do you think an agenda like "being a millionaire should be accessible to everyone" has much potential?

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > > You know, GW2 was advertised with challenges. And it slowly shifted towards them during LS1 and 2. You could also finally realise that casual content not means faceroll easy but how you work towards your goals. No huge chunks of time needed but you can complete them in small steps. Raids work the same way actually. One week to clear a wing, small wings with a low number of encounters. Many casuals enjoy a occascional challange. GW2 is to 100% casual-friendly but it doesn't hand you everything on a silver plate. Huge difference.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I got that response last time, and shot int down over the course of the next 5 or 6 pages.. will I do that again? Nope.

> > > >

> > > > The end consensus (or grudging admittance) on this topic was that No one believe this.. not even raiders or the people that say it... and especially not the Anet Devs.

> > > >

> > > > In the end, anyone that does not want to bother with Raids, I encourage them to move on from that content, and head over to WvW.

> > >

> > > Queens gauntlet? Aetherpath? Even Arah. All content that got never cleared by a majority and yet it got released around the first year, Aetherpath bit later October 2013. GW2 always contained challenges. And now it's bad hmm?

> >

> > Lets see... You listed.. 2 dead dungeons, not only dead, but outright abandoned directly by Anet for being failures, and a 1 time event that was never mimicked...and that is your stand by to say this is a good idea?

> >

> > Yup.. not having this discussion again.

> >

> > But no matter,. Anet Devs have said that Raids won't be changing, so, going though the words and motions with you at this point won't do any good.

> >

> > Anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, but not wanting to do Raids, WvW, (World Vs World), which can be brought up by hitting B in game, is a great alternative, just pick the Glorious Armor reward track, and head out into the big Open World and try to stay alive long enough to earn some pips.

>

> I’m incredibly grateful that there are options for Legendary Armor. Personally, I wouldn’t have dived so deep into the sPvp as far as I did. I also hear from many WvWers that the Legendary Armor in WvW was an amazing addition to the game mode. So I’m really thankful that Anet put these methods in.

It has brought back some population to WvW, which is a good thing, while mostly PvE'ers, we are still out there filling the fields, sometimes following tags, and doing stuff.

Since Anet has made it clear that they will not make any revisions to Raids at this point, WvW has become one of the most accessible options, reminiscent of how one would make a Legendary Weapon, through progression not some need to do some kind of _exclusive_ style of content. But simply by playing the game and making incremental progress towards a long reaching goal.

sPvP is another path, that while I have not tried, I fully endorse. However if anyone missed the window or does not have the time to get involved in that, WvW is an alternative. There is no reason why someone can't get both sets if they are so inclined, perhaps like a light set from WvW, and a Heavy from sPvP.. it's a game, have fun playing!

See you in the battlegrounds.. or maybe not.. and most likely.. not if I can help it.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> >The most active LFG disagrees with 'tiny niche'.

> You might want to look into other LFG categories sometimes. Especially the ones for HoT metas during peak hours and for PoF bounties on dailies days. Especially remembering that all of _those_ lfgs would be for **50-man** squads.

>

> > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > Queens gauntlet? Aetherpath? Even Arah. All content that got never cleared by a majority and yet it got released around the first year, Aetherpath bit later October 2013. GW2 always contained challenges. And now it's bad hmm?

> Aetherpath ended up being considered a failure (and one of the main causes of dungein abandonment later on). Queens gauntlet got rereleased exactly once and then abandoned. And even when it was up, was far less popular than the farm events on the arena below it. Popularity of SAB world 2 compared to (much easier) world 1 was likely the primary reason of why we'll never get world 3 and 4. And Arah wasn't all that more difficult than some of the previous dungeons - the main reason why it was (and still is) disliked compared to those is because of how _long_ it takes for an average group.

And how does this disproof the fact that ArenaNet added challenges continously over the life time of the game? They experimented with different content models and settled for raids and fractals.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Teamkiller.4315" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > > > > You know, GW2 was advertised with challenges. And it slowly shifted towards them during LS1 and 2. You could also finally realise that casual content not means faceroll easy but how you work towards your goals. No huge chunks of time needed but you can complete them in small steps. Raids work the same way actually. One week to clear a wing, small wings with a low number of encounters. Many casuals enjoy a occascional challange. GW2 is to 100% casual-friendly but it doesn't hand you everything on a silver plate. Huge difference.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I got that response last time, and shot int down over the course of the next 5 or 6 pages.. will I do that again? Nope.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The end consensus (or grudging admittance) on this topic was that No one believe this.. not even raiders or the people that say it... and especially not the Anet Devs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In the end, anyone that does not want to bother with Raids, I encourage them to move on from that content, and head over to WvW.

> > > > >

> > > > > Queens gauntlet? Aetherpath? Even Arah. All content that got never cleared by a majority and yet it got released around the first year, Aetherpath bit later October 2013. GW2 always contained challenges. And now it's bad hmm?

> > > >

> > > > Lets see... You listed.. 2 dead dungeons, not only dead, but outright abandoned directly by Anet for being failures, and a 1 time event that was never mimicked...and that is your stand by to say this is a good idea?

> > > >

> > > > Yup.. not having this discussion again.

> > > >

> > > > But no matter,. Anet Devs have said that Raids won't be changing, so, going though the words and motions with you at this point won't do any good.

> > > >

> > > > Anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, but not wanting to do Raids, WvW, (World Vs World), which can be brought up by hitting B in game, is a great alternative, just pick the Glorious Armor reward track, and head out into the big Open World and try to stay alive long enough to earn some pips.

> > >

> > > Look man, all you do is talk about the "good old days" of the early pages of the thread, say something snarky, then say you refuse to have this discussion again.

> > >

> > > Why do you even continue posting here then?

> >

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > Do you really feel entitled to have a full easy mode game?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **Yes!** We come to this game for an all easymode game! That's why we aren't playing a hard mode game. If we wanted hard mode, we'd be playing something else! Having a game that is 99% one thing and then 1% another is the worst, because it means that people who enjoy most of the game have some portion forever closed off to them. This is why we need an easy mode, so that 100% of the game is open to those who enjoy most of it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > **entitled**

> > > > > adjective UK ​ /ɪnˈtaɪ.təld/ /ɪnˈtaɪ.t̬əld/ disapproving

> > > > > ​

> > > > > feeling that you have the right to do or have what you want without having to work for it or deserve it, just because of who you are:

> > > > >

> > > > > Is the 100% of the game open for me, that I don't enjoy casual "do whatever" playing? Should anet do a hard mode of every content in the game? No?

> > > >

> > > > But you have the skills, time, twitch skill, and resources to do said content, as such, it is purely a matter of you not wanting to do it, not a matter of lacking the capacity on any level to do it,. Many casuals do not have the time, twitch skill, or resources to do raids.

> > > >

> > > > As such, you have 100% of the game open to you.. others do not.

> > > >

> > > > If you firmly believe that 100% of the players can do raids, then they are not any more special then say getting a PoI, but, we all know that Raids are designed to be hard content, and this by definition have a limited number of players that can do them.

> > > >

> > > > The real question is not if raids need an easy mode, as the Devs have said they won't change raids, but why are we paying for content that we can't play?

> > > >

> > > > You can play anything, but may have chosen not to, others can't.

> > > >

> > > > In any case, anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, I encourage you to try WvW, it is a very open way to progress, and like many of the best parts of GW2, you can make progress at your own pace, and as long as you contribute, you will gain.

> > > >

> > > > Raids are done and dead content, they will not change, but, there are other paths, and I hope anyone reading this topic feeling discouraged about Raids, checks out WvW.

> > >

> > > You either are deminishing yourself and your skills, or simply using this as a fake argument. I can't get to understand why'd you argue this, really. Like.

> > >

> > > When I started raiding I did not have ANY skill. Raiders aren't born being raiders and having skills, you know. In my case, I was a PvE casual. I had only done what any casual does: map metas, OW events, things like that. I played PvP too, but never got past silver. And GW2 was my very first MMO, so you can imagine how my skill was, but if you still need me to tell you I'll do it: it was non-existent. I'm very good at understanding things, but my practical skill is limited and I need a good amount of time to develop that.

> > >

> > > I wasn't any different from any current OW casual player, because _I was_ an OW casual player.

> > >

> > > Resources? Nope. I had only 1 ascended set, my ele berserker's set. All my other toons were on exotics. And it's funny because I only lasted like 3 weeks playing ele. I hated it so much that I decided to go druid, and raided with druid, in FULL EXOTICS I got from Orr. How is that having resources. I only had resources when I got lucky and a black lion chest gave me a permanent bank contract that I sold for a lot of gold, and I spent all of it in crafting a full ascended set for my druid.

> > >

> > > So resources? Nay. Skills? Hahahahaha #no. Like really. I was bad. Plain bad. Real bad.

> > >

> > > I have resources now that I've been raiding for more than a year. I have skills now, that I've been raiding for more than a year. Now, not then.

> > >

> > > Ohoni was saying that he doesn't have the 100% of the game open to him, because raids is not a content he enjoys, and there's not a version of it that he can enjoy, so he has not the 100% of the game available to him. That isn't any different from me saying the same about open world. But it's an incorrect statement. We ALL have the 100% of the game, and lock ourselves out of content because of internal decisions and beliefs about ourselves. EVERYONE has the capacity to raid, EVERYONE has the capacity to learn -even if you can't raid properly at the start (few can), you are able to learn. If you're not interested in learning, that's up to you. But you always have the capacity.

> > >

> > > 100% of players can raid, yes, if they are willing to make some amount of effort and learn a little. And yes raids are harder content, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Raids require learning, but everyone can learn. Nobody here is an idiot incapable of learning. So, you cannot say that you or anyone can't raid or that the 100% of the game isn't available to you.

> > >

> > > So, continuing to read your post: you are paying to have access to the game, and claiming that you cannot play a part of the game (raids) is completely false. You CAN raid, unless you define "being able to raid" as entering the boss and being able to defeat it just by "doing whatever". But why would you do that? Some parts of every game are always harder than others so sometimes you need to learn and sharpen your skills a little. DOes that mean you can't play that content? Hell no.

> > >

> > > Every time you say that some people can't raid, I feel you're just assuming they're idiots.

> > >

> >

> > This is like saying "Everyone can be a millionaire if they put in the work" .. so.. why are we all not millionaires?

>

> Different people, different priorities, different choices. But following the metaphor, do you think an agenda like "being a millionaire should be accessible to everyone" has much potential?

Just pointing out the failure in logic.

At this point, Anert devs have said Raids will not change, so I am making no point for their accessibility to anyone.

Do raids need a Normal/Easy/Hard mode.. the answers is "They will not get one no matter what anyone thinks they need"

With that said..

There are other paths to Legendary Armor.. like WvW and sPvP.. and I encourage anyone that is disenchanted or frustrated with raids to give those other paths a try.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > > > You know, GW2 was advertised with challenges. And it slowly shifted towards them during LS1 and 2. You could also finally realise that casual content not means faceroll easy but how you work towards your goals. No huge chunks of time needed but you can complete them in small steps. Raids work the same way actually. One week to clear a wing, small wings with a low number of encounters. Many casuals enjoy a occascional challange. GW2 is to 100% casual-friendly but it doesn't hand you everything on a silver plate. Huge difference.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I got that response last time, and shot int down over the course of the next 5 or 6 pages.. will I do that again? Nope.

> > > > >

> > > > > The end consensus (or grudging admittance) on this topic was that No one believe this.. not even raiders or the people that say it... and especially not the Anet Devs.

> > > > >

> > > > > In the end, anyone that does not want to bother with Raids, I encourage them to move on from that content, and head over to WvW.

> > > >

> > > > Queens gauntlet? Aetherpath? Even Arah. All content that got never cleared by a majority and yet it got released around the first year, Aetherpath bit later October 2013. GW2 always contained challenges. And now it's bad hmm?

> > >

> > > Lets see... You listed.. 2 dead dungeons, not only dead, but outright abandoned directly by Anet for being failures, and a 1 time event that was never mimicked...and that is your stand by to say this is a good idea?

> > >

> > > Yup.. not having this discussion again.

> > >

> > > But no matter,. Anet Devs have said that Raids won't be changing, so, going though the words and motions with you at this point won't do any good.

> > >

> > > Anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, but not wanting to do Raids, WvW, (World Vs World), which can be brought up by hitting B in game, is a great alternative, just pick the Glorious Armor reward track, and head out into the big Open World and try to stay alive long enough to earn some pips.

> >

> > I’m incredibly grateful that there are options for Legendary Armor. Personally, I wouldn’t have dived so deep into the sPvp as far as I did. I also hear from many WvWers that the Legendary Armor in WvW was an amazing addition to the game mode. So I’m really thankful that Anet put these methods in.

>

> It has brought back some population to WvW, which is a good thing, while mostly PvE'ers, we are still out there filling the fields, sometimes following tags, and doing stuff.

>

> Since Anet has made it clear that they will not make any revisions to Raids at this point, WvW has become one of the most accessible options, reminiscent of how one would make a Legendary Weapon, through progression not some need to do some kind of _exclusive_ style of content. But simply by playing the game and making incremental progress towards a long reaching goal.

>

> sPvP is another path, that while I have not tried, I fully endorse. However if anyone missed the window or does not have the time to get involved in that, WvW is an alternative. There is no reason why someone can't get both sets if they are so inclined, perhaps like a light set from WvW, and a Heavy from sPvP.. it's a game, have fun playing!

>

> See you in the battlegrounds.. or maybe not.. and most likely.. not if I can help it.

You can also mix and match half from pvp and half WvW.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > Farms will always be popular, that has nothing to do with the need for the game to provide challenge.

> > > >

> > > > Any objections if the next two trinkets are from spvp and wvw?

> > >

> > > Of course. It's a PvE game. I expect a trinket from LS4.

> >

> > Ah at last, the Achilles heel.

>

> I mean, it's just unrealistic. They might put some parts of it there - like how Gift of Battle is locked - but that's as much as you can realistically expect.

Not really sure why it’s unrealistic, it’s a game mode like anything else in the game. Putting it in the gem store, that’s unrealistic.

I mean they put a ring in Raids, why wouldn’t they drop a ring in PvP and an amulet in WvW. It’s not like PVE is the only place to get Legendary gear..

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"Teamkiller.4315" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > > > > > You know, GW2 was advertised with challenges. And it slowly shifted towards them during LS1 and 2. You could also finally realise that casual content not means faceroll easy but how you work towards your goals. No huge chunks of time needed but you can complete them in small steps. Raids work the same way actually. One week to clear a wing, small wings with a low number of encounters. Many casuals enjoy a occascional challange. GW2 is to 100% casual-friendly but it doesn't hand you everything on a silver plate. Huge difference.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I got that response last time, and shot int down over the course of the next 5 or 6 pages.. will I do that again? Nope.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The end consensus (or grudging admittance) on this topic was that No one believe this.. not even raiders or the people that say it... and especially not the Anet Devs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > In the end, anyone that does not want to bother with Raids, I encourage them to move on from that content, and head over to WvW.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Queens gauntlet? Aetherpath? Even Arah. All content that got never cleared by a majority and yet it got released around the first year, Aetherpath bit later October 2013. GW2 always contained challenges. And now it's bad hmm?

> > > > >

> > > > > Lets see... You listed.. 2 dead dungeons, not only dead, but outright abandoned directly by Anet for being failures, and a 1 time event that was never mimicked...and that is your stand by to say this is a good idea?

> > > > >

> > > > > Yup.. not having this discussion again.

> > > > >

> > > > > But no matter,. Anet Devs have said that Raids won't be changing, so, going though the words and motions with you at this point won't do any good.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, but not wanting to do Raids, WvW, (World Vs World), which can be brought up by hitting B in game, is a great alternative, just pick the Glorious Armor reward track, and head out into the big Open World and try to stay alive long enough to earn some pips.

> > > >

> > > > Look man, all you do is talk about the "good old days" of the early pages of the thread, say something snarky, then say you refuse to have this discussion again.

> > > >

> > > > Why do you even continue posting here then?

> > >

> > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > Do you really feel entitled to have a full easy mode game?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **Yes!** We come to this game for an all easymode game! That's why we aren't playing a hard mode game. If we wanted hard mode, we'd be playing something else! Having a game that is 99% one thing and then 1% another is the worst, because it means that people who enjoy most of the game have some portion forever closed off to them. This is why we need an easy mode, so that 100% of the game is open to those who enjoy most of it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **entitled**

> > > > > > adjective UK ​ /ɪnˈtaɪ.təld/ /ɪnˈtaɪ.t̬əld/ disapproving

> > > > > > ​

> > > > > > feeling that you have the right to do or have what you want without having to work for it or deserve it, just because of who you are:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Is the 100% of the game open for me, that I don't enjoy casual "do whatever" playing? Should anet do a hard mode of every content in the game? No?

> > > > >

> > > > > But you have the skills, time, twitch skill, and resources to do said content, as such, it is purely a matter of you not wanting to do it, not a matter of lacking the capacity on any level to do it,. Many casuals do not have the time, twitch skill, or resources to do raids.

> > > > >

> > > > > As such, you have 100% of the game open to you.. others do not.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you firmly believe that 100% of the players can do raids, then they are not any more special then say getting a PoI, but, we all know that Raids are designed to be hard content, and this by definition have a limited number of players that can do them.

> > > > >

> > > > > The real question is not if raids need an easy mode, as the Devs have said they won't change raids, but why are we paying for content that we can't play?

> > > > >

> > > > > You can play anything, but may have chosen not to, others can't.

> > > > >

> > > > > In any case, anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, I encourage you to try WvW, it is a very open way to progress, and like many of the best parts of GW2, you can make progress at your own pace, and as long as you contribute, you will gain.

> > > > >

> > > > > Raids are done and dead content, they will not change, but, there are other paths, and I hope anyone reading this topic feeling discouraged about Raids, checks out WvW.

> > > >

> > > > You either are deminishing yourself and your skills, or simply using this as a fake argument. I can't get to understand why'd you argue this, really. Like.

> > > >

> > > > When I started raiding I did not have ANY skill. Raiders aren't born being raiders and having skills, you know. In my case, I was a PvE casual. I had only done what any casual does: map metas, OW events, things like that. I played PvP too, but never got past silver. And GW2 was my very first MMO, so you can imagine how my skill was, but if you still need me to tell you I'll do it: it was non-existent. I'm very good at understanding things, but my practical skill is limited and I need a good amount of time to develop that.

> > > >

> > > > I wasn't any different from any current OW casual player, because _I was_ an OW casual player.

> > > >

> > > > Resources? Nope. I had only 1 ascended set, my ele berserker's set. All my other toons were on exotics. And it's funny because I only lasted like 3 weeks playing ele. I hated it so much that I decided to go druid, and raided with druid, in FULL EXOTICS I got from Orr. How is that having resources. I only had resources when I got lucky and a black lion chest gave me a permanent bank contract that I sold for a lot of gold, and I spent all of it in crafting a full ascended set for my druid.

> > > >

> > > > So resources? Nay. Skills? Hahahahaha #no. Like really. I was bad. Plain bad. Real bad.

> > > >

> > > > I have resources now that I've been raiding for more than a year. I have skills now, that I've been raiding for more than a year. Now, not then.

> > > >

> > > > Ohoni was saying that he doesn't have the 100% of the game open to him, because raids is not a content he enjoys, and there's not a version of it that he can enjoy, so he has not the 100% of the game available to him. That isn't any different from me saying the same about open world. But it's an incorrect statement. We ALL have the 100% of the game, and lock ourselves out of content because of internal decisions and beliefs about ourselves. EVERYONE has the capacity to raid, EVERYONE has the capacity to learn -even if you can't raid properly at the start (few can), you are able to learn. If you're not interested in learning, that's up to you. But you always have the capacity.

> > > >

> > > > 100% of players can raid, yes, if they are willing to make some amount of effort and learn a little. And yes raids are harder content, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Raids require learning, but everyone can learn. Nobody here is an idiot incapable of learning. So, you cannot say that you or anyone can't raid or that the 100% of the game isn't available to you.

> > > >

> > > > So, continuing to read your post: you are paying to have access to the game, and claiming that you cannot play a part of the game (raids) is completely false. You CAN raid, unless you define "being able to raid" as entering the boss and being able to defeat it just by "doing whatever". But why would you do that? Some parts of every game are always harder than others so sometimes you need to learn and sharpen your skills a little. DOes that mean you can't play that content? Hell no.

> > > >

> > > > Every time you say that some people can't raid, I feel you're just assuming they're idiots.

> > > >

> > >

> > > This is like saying "Everyone can be a millionaire if they put in the work" .. so.. why are we all not millionaires?

> >

> > Different people, different priorities, different choices. But following the metaphor, do you think an agenda like "being a millionaire should be accessible to everyone" has much potential?

>

> Just pointing out the failure in logic.

It's not a failure though. Mostly because it is OK that not everyone ends up being one. In either case.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > Farms will always be popular, that has nothing to do with the need for the game to provide challenge.

> > > > >

> > > > > Any objections if the next two trinkets are from spvp and wvw?

> > > >

> > > > Of course. It's a PvE game. I expect a trinket from LS4.

> > >

> > > Ah at last, the Achilles heel.

> >

> > I mean, it's just unrealistic. They might put some parts of it there - like how Gift of Battle is locked - but that's as much as you can realistically expect.

>

> Not really sure why it’s unrealistic, it’s a game mode like anything else in the game. Putting it in the gem store, that’s unrealistic.

>

> I mean they put a ring in Raids, why wouldn’t they drop a ring in PvP and an amulet in WvW. It’s not like PVE is the only place to get Legendary gear..

Nah, the game is far more PvE oriented than PvP/WvW. Look at the amount of content and its updates. So they aren't going to put a major feature in one of its side modes exclusively, or first. Legendaries always came later in these two modes than they did in PvE.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Teamkiller.4315" said:

> > > > > > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Miellyn.6847" said:

> > > > > > > > > You know, GW2 was advertised with challenges. And it slowly shifted towards them during LS1 and 2. You could also finally realise that casual content not means faceroll easy but how you work towards your goals. No huge chunks of time needed but you can complete them in small steps. Raids work the same way actually. One week to clear a wing, small wings with a low number of encounters. Many casuals enjoy a occascional challange. GW2 is to 100% casual-friendly but it doesn't hand you everything on a silver plate. Huge difference.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I got that response last time, and shot int down over the course of the next 5 or 6 pages.. will I do that again? Nope.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The end consensus (or grudging admittance) on this topic was that No one believe this.. not even raiders or the people that say it... and especially not the Anet Devs.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > In the end, anyone that does not want to bother with Raids, I encourage them to move on from that content, and head over to WvW.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Queens gauntlet? Aetherpath? Even Arah. All content that got never cleared by a majority and yet it got released around the first year, Aetherpath bit later October 2013. GW2 always contained challenges. And now it's bad hmm?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lets see... You listed.. 2 dead dungeons, not only dead, but outright abandoned directly by Anet for being failures, and a 1 time event that was never mimicked...and that is your stand by to say this is a good idea?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yup.. not having this discussion again.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But no matter,. Anet Devs have said that Raids won't be changing, so, going though the words and motions with you at this point won't do any good.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, but not wanting to do Raids, WvW, (World Vs World), which can be brought up by hitting B in game, is a great alternative, just pick the Glorious Armor reward track, and head out into the big Open World and try to stay alive long enough to earn some pips.

> > > > >

> > > > > Look man, all you do is talk about the "good old days" of the early pages of the thread, say something snarky, then say you refuse to have this discussion again.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why do you even continue posting here then?

> > > >

> > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > Do you really feel entitled to have a full easy mode game?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > **Yes!** We come to this game for an all easymode game! That's why we aren't playing a hard mode game. If we wanted hard mode, we'd be playing something else! Having a game that is 99% one thing and then 1% another is the worst, because it means that people who enjoy most of the game have some portion forever closed off to them. This is why we need an easy mode, so that 100% of the game is open to those who enjoy most of it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **entitled**

> > > > > > > adjective UK ​ /ɪnˈtaɪ.təld/ /ɪnˈtaɪ.t̬əld/ disapproving

> > > > > > > ​

> > > > > > > feeling that you have the right to do or have what you want without having to work for it or deserve it, just because of who you are:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Is the 100% of the game open for me, that I don't enjoy casual "do whatever" playing? Should anet do a hard mode of every content in the game? No?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But you have the skills, time, twitch skill, and resources to do said content, as such, it is purely a matter of you not wanting to do it, not a matter of lacking the capacity on any level to do it,. Many casuals do not have the time, twitch skill, or resources to do raids.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As such, you have 100% of the game open to you.. others do not.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you firmly believe that 100% of the players can do raids, then they are not any more special then say getting a PoI, but, we all know that Raids are designed to be hard content, and this by definition have a limited number of players that can do them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The real question is not if raids need an easy mode, as the Devs have said they won't change raids, but why are we paying for content that we can't play?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can play anything, but may have chosen not to, others can't.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In any case, anyone looking to get Legendary Armor, I encourage you to try WvW, it is a very open way to progress, and like many of the best parts of GW2, you can make progress at your own pace, and as long as you contribute, you will gain.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Raids are done and dead content, they will not change, but, there are other paths, and I hope anyone reading this topic feeling discouraged about Raids, checks out WvW.

> > > > >

> > > > > You either are deminishing yourself and your skills, or simply using this as a fake argument. I can't get to understand why'd you argue this, really. Like.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I started raiding I did not have ANY skill. Raiders aren't born being raiders and having skills, you know. In my case, I was a PvE casual. I had only done what any casual does: map metas, OW events, things like that. I played PvP too, but never got past silver. And GW2 was my very first MMO, so you can imagine how my skill was, but if you still need me to tell you I'll do it: it was non-existent. I'm very good at understanding things, but my practical skill is limited and I need a good amount of time to develop that.

> > > > >

> > > > > I wasn't any different from any current OW casual player, because _I was_ an OW casual player.

> > > > >

> > > > > Resources? Nope. I had only 1 ascended set, my ele berserker's set. All my other toons were on exotics. And it's funny because I only lasted like 3 weeks playing ele. I hated it so much that I decided to go druid, and raided with druid, in FULL EXOTICS I got from Orr. How is that having resources. I only had resources when I got lucky and a black lion chest gave me a permanent bank contract that I sold for a lot of gold, and I spent all of it in crafting a full ascended set for my druid.

> > > > >

> > > > > So resources? Nay. Skills? Hahahahaha #no. Like really. I was bad. Plain bad. Real bad.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have resources now that I've been raiding for more than a year. I have skills now, that I've been raiding for more than a year. Now, not then.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ohoni was saying that he doesn't have the 100% of the game open to him, because raids is not a content he enjoys, and there's not a version of it that he can enjoy, so he has not the 100% of the game available to him. That isn't any different from me saying the same about open world. But it's an incorrect statement. We ALL have the 100% of the game, and lock ourselves out of content because of internal decisions and beliefs about ourselves. EVERYONE has the capacity to raid, EVERYONE has the capacity to learn -even if you can't raid properly at the start (few can), you are able to learn. If you're not interested in learning, that's up to you. But you always have the capacity.

> > > > >

> > > > > 100% of players can raid, yes, if they are willing to make some amount of effort and learn a little. And yes raids are harder content, those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Raids require learning, but everyone can learn. Nobody here is an idiot incapable of learning. So, you cannot say that you or anyone can't raid or that the 100% of the game isn't available to you.

> > > > >

> > > > > So, continuing to read your post: you are paying to have access to the game, and claiming that you cannot play a part of the game (raids) is completely false. You CAN raid, unless you define "being able to raid" as entering the boss and being able to defeat it just by "doing whatever". But why would you do that? Some parts of every game are always harder than others so sometimes you need to learn and sharpen your skills a little. DOes that mean you can't play that content? Hell no.

> > > > >

> > > > > Every time you say that some people can't raid, I feel you're just assuming they're idiots.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > This is like saying "Everyone can be a millionaire if they put in the work" .. so.. why are we all not millionaires?

> > >

> > > Different people, different priorities, different choices. But following the metaphor, do you think an agenda like "being a millionaire should be accessible to everyone" has much potential?

> >

> > Just pointing out the failure in logic.

>

> It's not a failure though. Mostly because it is OK that not everyone ends up being one. In either case.

>

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > Farms will always be popular, that has nothing to do with the need for the game to provide challenge.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Any objections if the next two trinkets are from spvp and wvw?

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course. It's a PvE game. I expect a trinket from LS4.

> > > >

> > > > Ah at last, the Achilles heel.

> > >

> > > I mean, it's just unrealistic. They might put some parts of it there - like how Gift of Battle is locked - but that's as much as you can realistically expect.

> >

> > Not really sure why it’s unrealistic, it’s a game mode like anything else in the game. Putting it in the gem store, that’s unrealistic.

> >

> > I mean they put a ring in Raids, why wouldn’t they drop a ring in PvP and an amulet in WvW. It’s not like PVE is the only place to get Legendary gear..

>

> Nah, the game is far more PvE oriented than PvP/WvW. Look at the amount of content and its updates. So they aren't going to put a major feature in one of its side modes exclusively, or first. Legendaries always came later in these two modes than they did in PvE.

To be fair though, you could acquire the Ascension way before you were even able to complete Ad Inifitium. That complete process for the Fractal back pack came 6 months later.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> the answer to that would be _No_

You don't find the game fun to play, and entertaining enough for the money you paid for it, because they have Raids and the Envoy Armor is a Raid reward?

All that other content Arenanet is releasing must be horrible in that case.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> Not sure what you're asking here.

In a game like WoW, you progress by earning higher item level, and the game pulls you back in relative power by buffing the monsters with each raid cycle, or by knocking your stats down at the beginning of the new expansion. This is why it is a treadmill; you progress and then your progress is reset.

Where, exactly, does GW2 pull you back?

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> There are other paths to Legendary Armor.. like WvW and sPvP.. and I encourage anyone that is disenchanted or frustrated with raids to give those other paths a try.

Most of the reason this thread is so long is because one person in particular isn't interested in 'legendary armor', they're interested in Envoy skins, and that one person doesn't like WvW or sPvP either. We'd be at something like page 20 if that weren't the case.

> @"Blaeys.3102" said:

> I had this in another thread, but it makes more sense to state it here -

>

> I know some people do not want to accept it, but the reason WoW is seen as the posterchild for how to make raiding work in an MMO is because the developers there adapted the game mode throughout the years and ended up with something that fits with the rest of the game. By including multiple difficulty tiers (including and LFG and flex raid tier), they were able to do things that a game like GW2 cannot, most notably incorporating strong story and lore focused content into raids. Since they do not have to worry about the accessibility factor, raids could become a deeply integrated part of the WoW experience.

WoW is seen as the pinnacle of raiding content because a decade ago it released iconic difficult raid after iconic that people still talk about. People still talk about Ragnaros, C'thun, Kael'thas, Illidan and Arthas. No one has ever or will ever be waxing poetic about Deathwing, Ragnaros 2.0, Garrosh, or Argus theuUnmaker a decade from now.

So i felt the need to come back here with an update. After 2 years I finally watched a bunch of video's, found a training group and did a couple of raids.

So here is what changed for me

- I loved it, huge sense of accomplishment and the coordination was fun.

And here's what didn't change for me

-My vote- I still think the amount of "outside the game" research i had to do to feel like i could go was over the top. I still see no negative to having an intro version of these fights, even if there was liitle or no reward to them.

It's a sad state of games when any dev team relies on outside sources to supply the basic knowledge of content. Sure, I know it's an industry norm anymore, but shame on us for allowing them to lower the bar to that point.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> >

>

> Of course. It's a PvE game. I expect a trinket from LS4.

Ah, yes. The true colors.