W5 "Final Boss" too hard for pug squads (raid-spoiler)

Zaraki.5784

> @Zaraki.5784 said:

> > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > "Pugs" already have, but it was work.

>

> Maybe I explained myself badly, I'm not asking if 1 out of 1000 pug squads have beaten him by now, I'm asking if it'll be beaten like a Matthias or Deimos is, every week.

Of course it will, but it will take time as with any other boss. Dhuum has alot of mechanics that take time to learn, but if you find capable people, get on voice com and spend some time together you can get it for sure.

The wing is still relatively new, give it time for strategies to develop which make it a much easier affair. I remember when pugs were banging their heads against Matthias for ages and now he’s just like any other boss, when Xera was seen as some epic boss fight with accompanying difficulty and yet now it’s been 5 manned.

> @Joxer.6024 said:

> Ah...hard to tell. But several in my guild have cleared it, static though but I have heard of a lot of pugs doing it but then again, trolling perhaps? It will suck for awhile, just as VG did. Hell, folks STILL wipe on VG so yea, give it time.

You have a clip?

> @Robban.1256 said:

> > @Joxer.6024 said:

> > Ah...hard to tell. But several in my guild have cleared it, static though but I have heard of a lot of pugs doing it but then again, trolling perhaps? It will suck for awhile, just as VG did. Hell, folks STILL wipe on VG so yea, give it time.

>

> You have a clip?

of what? I wasn't in the group that did the kill, and they did cm first boss as well but hells no, not me, I'm too much of a scrub to run with them boys!!

> @CptAurellian.9537 said:

> I dare question one thing, if raid content is supposed to be the hardest content in the game: Do we really need (average) PUGs to be capable of doing everything?

>

> Apart from that, apharma already mentioned the most important thing.

Since every single raid bosses both old and new (excluding Dhuum, only atm) is pug-friendly, yes. And putting bosses who don't respect this will make most people upset.

Dhuum Raid boss will be killed by aprox. 300-400 players,, the rest will be not let to play it, without kill proof they won't be let to play it, it will be called Dhuum training! From there 100-200 ppl will kill it max! So aprox. max 600 players will kill Dhuum in the next 3-4 months! The rest of the player base will have to pay 2k gold for guilds who will do it for them! Yes it's 2000 gold atm!

I say don't pay ever 2000 gold, let things settle, we don't even know if it worth it to do that boss, like it doesn't unlocks anything atm! Maybe, just maybe the legendary ring!

> @Susy.7529 said:

> > @CptAurellian.9537 said:

> > I dare question one thing, if raid content is supposed to be the hardest content in the game: Do we really need (average) PUGs to be capable of doing everything?

> >

> > Apart from that, apharma already mentioned the most important thing.

>

> Since every single raid bosses both old and new (excluding Dhuum, only atm) is pug-friendly, yes. And putting bosses who don't respect this will make most people upset.

and ?

They'll get over it and eventually thank Anet for making harder content that made them look for and find people they actually enjoy playing with.

Besides it's not like those same people aren't already upset that their raiding to begin with.

Arenanet.....please. Don't nerf this boss

For real though the raids been out for less then a week. Don't expect pugs to be clearing it on every pull. I ougged it today and we got pretty darn good results. Wait for the community to figure out the best practices and when we're all up to speed it'll be just as pugable as the rest of them.

> @zoomborg.9462 said:

> Doomguy is by all means a notch higher in difficulty than every other boss. It will just take way more time to figure out the best tactics but at some point pugs will be able to clear it like everything else.

Good pugs sure, but carebears will have really hard time with it. There are so many mechanics that will wipe the team if not done properly.

> @zealex.9410 said:

> Is it bad for 1 boss to be abit too hard for pugs? I mean it being on the same lvl defeat the the whole idea of progressing and demotivates new ppl to stick with raids.

It won't be too hard for pugs though, it's harder for pugs but it's killable. People will clear it more successfully in time.

**But on that note** can we get a dev response to how they feel the raid turned out as a whole ? Personally it feels like one of the best crafted wings, and the bosses are alot of fun ( I haven't finished dhuum but gotten pretty close ) was balance where you wanted it to be ? Are you satisfied with the final boss ?

I'd love to see some Dev feedback on it =) ?

> @Zaraki.5784 said:

> The number of mechanics and coordination from teammates required for Dhuum's fight is really high compared to other old raid's bosses. So I was wondering, will this encounter be a static groups-only or people will learn to beat him even with pug groups with time?

As more people get used to the fight and mechanics it will get easier over time. This is the nature of how hard content works.