Would you buy a new profession for 2000 gems?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would most likely buy a new profession if it was made available, but it would definitely rile a number of people up. I wonder how it would be received if they had a profession that was gem-exclusive for a period of a few months. It would need to not be overpowered, though, and I'm not very confident in the approach to balance that exists.

People should also consider that if a new profession is added standalone or within an expansion, then to make it equal to the other professions they need to not only create the core profession but they also need to create elite specs to match the number of elite specs every other profession already has. The amount of development time to do that is not worth the payoff.

Stick to new elite specs for each class that we already have. They can create new types of classes/archetypes within that framework. There is no need for a new profession.

Why doesn't anyone ask about Emotes?

I guess probably because 80% of the players would buy emotes if they were creative enough. Would probably drop a clean 300 gems on a pack of race specific emotes for each race and another 500 for packs of emotes for each mount. If each one came with around 6-7 unique emotes, I feel it would be pretty worthwhile.

I said yes because I desperately need new professions in the game, especially Gw1 professions like the dervish or the ritualist.

Though there is no way anet will ever sell prefessions on the gemshop.

What about pvp? It would give people with cash an advantage over other people and since Gw2 isn’t p2w and hopefully won’t ever be, this won’t be a thing.

> @"OCsoleil I.7504" said:

> This poll doesn't have the correct answer: "No way, that would be pay to win" Because that is what it would be if we had to buy a new profession.

I'm starting to wonder, as I didn't play at the time, what was people's reactions to Revenant being in HoT and unable to use it without HoT?

Can't make the excuse about how it sucks either or incomplete as even if they mentioned they would do something like make a new class 2000 gems, doesn't mean it would be good/balanced well.

No I wouldn't pay 2000 gems for a new profession because professions come as part of expansions not something you put on the gem store.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> I'm starting to wonder, as I didn't play at the time, what was people's reactions to Revenant being in HoT and unable to use it without HoT?

Revenant was Anet's beloved for a while but eventually it got nerfed to uselessness on all game modes.

ArenaNet wrote the perfect profession around my needs, preferences and ~~wet dreams~~ wishes, coupled with an outstanding race (the Asura) in a fantastic game.

Seriously, I do not even thought 1 second in the past year about any other profession than Thief. And with Deadeye, I feel very cosy.

Excelsior.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"OCsoleil I.7504" said:

> > This poll doesn't have the correct answer: "No way, that would be pay to win" Because that is what it would be if we had to buy a new profession.

>

> I'm starting to wonder, as I didn't play at the time, what was people's reactions to Revenant being in HoT and unable to use it without HoT?

> Can't make the excuse about how it sucks either or incomplete as even if they mentioned they would do something like make a new class 2000 gems, doesn't mean it would be good/balanced well.

I can only speak for myself, but in this case I would never have thought of it as "pay to win". On the contrary, I (personally) expected a new Profession with the launch of an expansion. I don't remember any other players complaining about the Revenant (and/or the elite specs) being locked behind HoT. Not everyone might agree but I think there is a big difference between selling a single prof or releasing one with an expansion (maps, story, etc.)

> @Thanatostasis.4562 said:

> 2000 gems for just a profession, that's waaaay too much and so many professions are just broken, considering how they nerf things and buff others every time an elite spec comes up, to me it will just ruin the day for too many people, just to reap a meager 2000 gems... Nope, no more thank you, fix the game first.

No profession in the game is "broken."