Have not seen a single Peacockosaurus in game

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> After remembering my image... the chicken peacock can be dyed right?

> Or did the person I see with it just bought it and not care to dye it? Or maybe they like the colours on the default they didn't bother.

It, along with the warforged hound, has 4 dye channels. Its mounting/dismounting and travel have different effect than other mounts.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Khisanth.2948 said:

> Haven't seen that or the reforged jackal. At with the with jackal is it a bit more reasonable since it is hard to tell what the skin is on a blinking jackal but that flashy tail on the raptor would be hard to miss.

>

> On the other hand seeing someone with a default glider skin seems equally rare ...

I don't think so. I've seen quite a few still in the default glider.

I was one of them too until last month when I got one free.

The cost is an issue for sure, but clearly it isn't the main issue. The main issue is that colorful, rainbow, pink etc. skins don't appeal to bigger portion of the game.

Warforged Hound had a cool, evilish skin that many people liked. If they bring more evil-looking skins with cool effects they will be selling those more.

That's why Twilight is the most popular legendary.

> @Umut.5471 said:

> The cost is an issue for sure, but clearly it isn't the main issue. The main issue is that colorful, rainbow, pink etc. skins don't appeal to bigger portion of the game.

> Warforged Hound had a cool, evilish skin that many people liked. If they bring more evil-looking skins with cool effects they will be selling those more.

> That's why Twilight is the most popular legendary.

I hate that weird looking pseudo-physics bounce used for the tail and various armor pieces

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > I rarely see people using Raptors anyway. It's like 80% griffons, 5% springers, and then 10% Jackals.

>

> I'm guessing you use griffon 80% of the time then. ;) There's a typical sort of confirmation bias: beamer owners tend to see lots of beamers; mustang convertible drivers see mustangs more often. If you're in a griffon, you're much more likely to see more griffons, regardless of what "everyone" is doing.

>

> For people looting the Tomb of Primeval Kings, it's mostly raptors. During bounty runs, I see almost no griffons _unless_ the commander is on one, in which case I see about 20-40% griffons. During mount-enabled VB hero point trains, lots of griffons.

I'm a Springer/Skimmer rider and I don't see more Springers/Skimmers than Griffons.

> @Conncept.7638 said:

> It's kind of a niche aesthetic, I guess they we're trying to appeal to all the players who play all the prettied-up human females, but it doesn't really apply to most of them as most of them don't go for classical beauty that goes along with gold trim and peacocks, most of them go for a half drugged out kitten in a mini skirt look.

_Spot on, Sir (or Madam!)_ **slams palm on table several times**

I have a hard time getting a real leather tophat here in Germany because 99.99% of the stores do not offer anything, just cheap plastic generic clothes for the mainstream.

This goes on with furniture and all, since my whole appartment is a mix of British teahouse and gothic, I have to import everything from all over the world, started with quality gentlemen's leather gloves to my Chesterfield leather sofa.

Just to get back at the topic, Conncept nailed it: It is super niche, and this really "fancy" and "kitsch" stuff is not in the mind of the most. They want to wear bikini and lipstick and try to be "sexy" instead of actually tastefully equipped...

*sigh*

> @Umut.5471 said:

> The cost is an issue for sure, but clearly it isn't the main issue. The main issue is that colorful, rainbow, pink etc. skins don't appeal to bigger portion of the game.

> Warforged Hound had a cool, evilish skin that many people liked. If they bring more evil-looking skins with cool effects they will be selling those more.

> That's why Twilight is the most popular legendary.

The problem there is I still saw barely any of that Jackal one at all. Like around 4 or 5. So even that one didn't seem to have a huge seller situation. Yeah it's better than the only one Chicken Peacock I seen ever, but it's still low compared to all the other mount skins I've seen everywhere.

> @Zedek.8932 said:

> > @Conncept.7638 said:

> > It's kind of a niche aesthetic, I guess they we're trying to appeal to all the players who play all the prettied-up human females, but it doesn't really apply to most of them as most of them don't go for classical beauty that goes along with gold trim and peacocks, most of them go for a half drugged out kitten in a mini skirt look.

>

> _Spot on, Sir (or Madam!)_ **slams palm on table several times**

> I have a hard time getting a real leather tophat here in Germany because 99.99% of the stores do not offer anything, just cheap plastic generic clothes for the mainstream.

> This goes on with furniture and all, since my whole appartment is a mix of British teahouse and gothic, I have to import everything from all over the world, started with quality gentlemen's leather gloves to my Chesterfield leather sofa.

>

> Just to get back at the topic, Conncept nailed it: It is super niche, and this really "fancy" and "kitsch" stuff is not in the mind of the most. They want to wear bikini and lipstick and try to be "sexy" instead of actually tastefully equipped...

>

> *sigh*

Can't deny that. I want my Charr in a banana-hamock and my Asura in backless chaps.

> @Zedek.8932 said:

> > @Conncept.7638 said:

> > It's kind of a niche aesthetic, I guess they we're trying to appeal to all the players who play all the prettied-up human females, but it doesn't really apply to most of them as most of them don't go for classical beauty that goes along with gold trim and peacocks, most of them go for a half drugged out kitten in a mini skirt look.

>

> _Spot on, Sir (or Madam!)_ **slams palm on table several times**

> I have a hard time getting a real leather tophat here in Germany because 99.99% of the stores do not offer anything, just cheap plastic generic clothes for the mainstream.

> This goes on with furniture and all, since my whole appartment is a mix of British teahouse and gothic, I have to import everything from all over the world, started with quality gentlemen's leather gloves to my Chesterfield leather sofa.

>

> Just to get back at the topic, Conncept nailed it: It is super niche, and this really "fancy" and "kitsch" stuff is not in the mind of the most. They want to wear bikini and lipstick and try to be "sexy" instead of actually tastefully equipped...

>

> *sigh*

It also doesn't help that there are basically no armors that even resemble formal wear, just outfits. The only two "dresses" in the game are a giant plant bulb and a literal brothel dress, and suits/jackets are little better.

the price is completely ridiculous on quite alot of things in gems store regardless of what anet employes say.

- mount lootbox skins - ripoff

- nodes for home instance - ripoff

- black lion keys - farming nerfed , keys nerfed doesnt give back 1/10 of the value spent , criminal ripoff

- overpriced outfits and 50+ gliders skins with only 2 you can get withouth paying gems, a joke.

- lets not forget black lion weapons with no new weapon skins comming to the game in long periods of time while blc skins set you get more or less every 2 or 3 weeks.

- i can keep going but its getting annoying.

At least you can actually use in game currency to get it. Rather then have to use real money. But real in game currency is what little over 500 gold to get 2000 gems? I mean I got done with getting all crafting to 500. Which cost close to 500 gold. Then I got swamped with the griffin which was 250 gold. Now it’s 500 gold for a skin? I got other things to get first like getting ascended first or all legendary before I can cough up all my gold on that

I have seen one Forged Warhound and one Pea-raptor. Omg, that raptor skin is as hideous in-game as it is in the store. The warhound is not much better. I don't know if people aren't buying because of the high price, because they are unappealing, or people are buying but afraid to use them due the bitter and derogatory way those 2 skins are spoken of in map chats & the forums.

> @Nikal.4921 said:

> I have seen one Forged Warhound and one Pea-raptor. Omg, that raptor skin is as hideous in-game as it is in the store. The warhound is not much better. I don't know if people aren't buying because of the high price, because they are unappealing, or people are buying but afraid to use them due the bitter and derogatory way those 2 skins are spoken of in map chats & the forums.

I doubt it bothers any one, for example I show off my fancy mounts every chance I get, especially my Star Bird and Frost Rabbit.