Have not seen a single Peacockosaurus in game

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"OCsoleil I.7504" said:

> I have also not seen the new raptor skin so far and I have only ever seen 1-2 of the Balthazar hound jackals. I read a comment somewhere that the price it costs to buy 2000 gems with real money is a standard price for mount/mount skins in mmos. I can hardly believe it but I can't say much myself since I don't know anything about such prices. All I can say is that I find it waaay too expensive and even if there is a skin that I would actually like for one of my mounts I wouldn't buy it for 2000 gems.

Ha look who it is, guild mate :wink: The prices are similar in WoW, they also sell some special mounts for around 20€ in the store (though not 25€). But there you can get hundreds of mount skins with for low in game gold, too.

> @ImTasty.2163 said:

> > @Pifil.5193 said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > I’ve seen two, which isn’t very many. When new outfits or wings comes out it seems like everyone and their Ranger pet is wearing one. But I’m not going to trust my lying eyes on this. ANet has assured us that this price gives them the most income. /shrug.

> >

> > Ah, but there's the thing, I have no doubt that they fully believe that they get the most income from this price but this is only the second mount at this price so their data is limited. Only time will tell if it's profitable enough or remains profitable enough once people have two or three of these premium priced mounts. If we see lower priced mounts, sales or big launch discounts we'll know it hasn't turned out to be the case.

> >

> > Personally, I've seen one so far and maybe two warhounds ever but I'm not surprised as I haven't been looking for them. Also in the time since the patch I spent a lot of time on my griffin looking for stuff up high, not much use for raptors up there.

>

> When Mo was talking about the data he was referring to big ticket items in general, for example the outfit/glider combos they have been doing since Hot.

Oh, I see, yeah, I bought some of those, they were quite a nice package, IMO, an outfit, glider, Immortal weapon skin, a makeover kit and 5 dyes. If these mount skins also came with an outfit, Immortal weapon skin, makeover kit and 5 dyes I think I'd be fine with the price. Either way, it is only the second attempt to offer a single skin at this price so I think my point stands, only time will tell if it works and if they can continue to return to the well.

I've seen several since they came out. Just saw one in Lake Doric yesterday while out farming Jade Shards and a second in Siren's Landing while after pearls (possibly the same person, but who knows. they could have changed characters and dyed it differently on the other). I know my guildie has one, cause he likes it. Not including his in my 'several' (I know he has the Reforged Hound too)

I've only ever seen 2 of the Hound (again, not counting his) though.

> @DarcShriek.5829 said:

> > @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> > Literally not a one, and I've been playing every day this week. Towns, maps, nowhere. Are the rest of you seeing any or many? I saw more of theWarforged Warhound, although still only a few. Just curious.

>

> I've seen lots of them. What's your point?

I literally stated my point: I was curious. Sorry if that was hard to comprehend. Thank you for your input that you've seen lots.

> @MarkoNS.3261 said:

> the price is completely ridiculous on quite alot of things in gems store regardless of what anet employes say.

>

> - mount lootbox skins - ripoff

> - nodes for home instance - ripoff

> - black lion keys - farming nerfed , keys nerfed doesnt give back 1/10 of the value spent , criminal ripoff

> - overpriced outfits and 50+ gliders skins with only 2 you can get withouth paying gems, a joke.

> - lets not forget black lion weapons with no new weapon skins comming to the game in long periods of time while blc skins set you get more or less every 2 or 3 weeks.

> - i can keep going but its getting annoying.

Though we did just get seven new in-game earnable full weapon skin sets in the last month and a half... and actually the BL skin set ones have been further spaced between for like the last year... at minimum a month apart. Negativity bias at work.

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> Literally not a one, and I've been playing every day this week. Towns, maps, nowhere. Are the rest of you seeing any or many? I saw more of theWarforged Warhound, although still only a few. Just curious.

I've seen a couple. They are very nice and would match my outfit perfectly. I see more players ride griffon mounts more than anything else. I'm not going to buy one since I already have 4 raptor skins that pretty much all look alike. I rarely ride my raptor and didnt get lucky enough to get any other mount skins.