Fractal ridicolous

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > I did 100 last night too, and we failed Arkk twice last night because of me. We got him down to about 5 % and I would miss the kitten skull. There is too much going on at that stage and it needs a serious tone down. Or make my screen turn red or something. We got him on the third try though

> >

> > Theres both voice line when the skull mechanic happens and the text on your screen.

>

> No need to tone down.. it's already tone down enough. Keep it as it is.. it's CM

He played the normal 100, not CM, what makes it even more astounding to read his text.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > > I did 100 last night too, and we failed Arkk twice last night because of me. We got him down to about 5 % and I would miss the kitten skull. There is too much going on at that stage and it needs a serious tone down. Or make my screen turn red or something. We got him on the third try though

> > >

> > > Theres both voice line when the skull mechanic happens and the text on your screen.

> >

> > No need to tone down.. it's already tone down enough. Keep it as it is.. it's CM

>

> He played the normal 100, not CM, what makes it even more astounding to read his text.

finally, someone who gets it, its not the fact its hard.

Too many visuals and auras, especially when you're stacked. The skull gets lost in it.

There is a flash of words on the screen, that if focusing on the boss, was lost.

No one reads chat when everything is happening at once.

This isn't Maw, need a little bit more than text.

> @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> finally, someone who gets it, its not the fact its hard.

> Too many visuals and auras, especially when you're stacked. The skull gets lost in it.

> There is a flash of words on the screen, that if focusing on the boss, was lost.

> No one reads chat when everything is happening at once.

> This isn't Maw, need a little bit more than text.

You are talking like someone who just started driving a car. There is just so much stuff going on at the same time, you gotta change gears, watch traffic, pedestrians, tune the radio, write a message on your smartphone, roll your cigarette. It's crazy, right? It's not anymore when you have driven for a while, because you get routine. It's the same with those encounters, you need practice to get routine, and you'll never miss a skull again. Once we got a bugged fractal where the skull was not visible for anyone, only the message popped up. Still everybody got under the shield in time. Sometimes, when pugs don't stand at their orb, you can get two orbs plus skull, and still make it. You just need more practice.

> > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > > > I did 100 last night too, and we failed Arkk twice last night because of me. We got him down to about 5 % and I would miss the kitten skull. There is too much going on at that stage and it needs a serious tone down. Or make my screen turn red or something. We got him on the third try though

> > > >

> > > > Theres both voice line when the skull mechanic happens and the text on your screen.

> > >

> > > No need to tone down.. it's already tone down enough. Keep it as it is.. it's CM

> >

> > He played the normal 100, not CM, what makes it even more astounding to read his text.

>

> finally, someone who gets it, its not the fact its hard.

> Too many visuals and auras, especially when you're stacked. The skull gets lost in it.

> There is a flash of words on the screen, that if focusing on the boss, was lost.

> No one reads chat when everything is happening at once.

> This isn't Maw, need a little bit more than text.

The text pops up in the middle of your screen. Not the chat log.

> I did 100 last night too, and we failed Arkk twice last night because of me. We got him down to about 5 % and I would miss the kitten skull. There is too much going on at that stage and it needs a serious tone down. Or make my screen turn red or something. We got him on the third try though

There is also a sound queue when someone has the bomb... When you hear the sound, just look at your head.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Agrippa Oculus.3726" said:

> > > @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> > > Hard for some players doesn't neccessary means hard for all players. Thus the ladder system/tier/difficulty scale for progression. It allows players to adjust the difficulty of fractal and rewards the players accordingly.

> > >

> > > *Reward* - A thing given in recognition of service, effort, or achievement.

> >

> > I think everyone agrees that the fractal challenges have improved and are getting harder every time a new or improved fractal arrives (a thing I like, btw), but the rewards have hardly changed since the whole reward overhaul, which is quite some time ago now. Just like I mentioned in my former post, maybe it's time for a Fractal legendary armor :D (I'm going to keep on mentioning it, until it's there :D)

>

> Fractal legendary armor yey but the latest fractal was easier than nightmare and shattered.

True! But harder than the rest!

> @"andrenaline.4286" said:

> Why do you tune up all fractals ? VIndicators -kitten is this ? Are you on drugs. Ark was already ridicolous without them .Tonight i did ARK 3 hours with no success. When the boss fall at 25 % there is no safe place in the entire map, you getting out of dodges cause ever second you have to dodge balls , vindicators , falling maps. Why dont you make Level 1 fractal as hard as 100 so you ll prevent players to play at all , specially new one.Or you forcing us to buy reviving orbs from gem store ? Serious if i wanna challenge mod i ll chose a challenge mod , but to make every fractal impossible to play thats unserious . Fractals should be shorter than dungeons yes right .Fractals are longer than WoW -Icecrown Citadel 25 cause that broken mechanic and non stop wiping with pugs. I start to play that game because of the idea of no need of special party like tanks , healers , dps like every other mmoprs. Very soon the new meta will be 4 druds and 1 dps doing 1 fractal 2 hours but save...

Vindicator's are only a problem if you repeatedly fail mechanics and let them pile up on you... Which you know, makes it so you can't just fail everything and still win--which is generally the way games work. Anet is at least fair enough to have the same encounters at tier 1, 2, and even 3--where you can pretty much not dodge a single attack and still make it through the fight--so people can learn the fight while still getting shinies.

> I did 100 last night too, and we failed Arkk twice last night because of me. We got him down to about 5 % and I would miss the kitten skull. There is too much going on at that stage and it needs a serious tone down. Or make my screen turn red or something. We got him on the third try though

Dude there's already a skull icon on the top of your head, a text on your screen, and a distinct sound when you or anyone else gets a skull. By that time you should have already noticed the death mark.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"andrenaline.4286" said:

> > Why do you tune up all fractals ? VIndicators -kitten is this ? Are you on drugs. Ark was already ridicolous without them .Tonight i did ARK 3 hours with no success. When the boss fall at 25 % there is no safe place in the entire map, you getting out of dodges cause ever second you have to dodge balls , vindicators , falling maps. Why dont you make Level 1 fractal as hard as 100 so you ll prevent players to play at all , specially new one.Or you forcing us to buy reviving orbs from gem store ? Serious if i wanna challenge mod i ll chose a challenge mod , but to make every fractal impossible to play thats unserious . Fractals should be shorter than dungeons yes right .Fractals are longer than WoW -Icecrown Citadel 25 cause that broken mechanic and non stop wiping with pugs. I start to play that game because of the idea of no need of special party like tanks , healers , dps like every other mmoprs. Very soon the new meta will be 4 druds and 1 dps doing 1 fractal 2 hours but save...

>

> Vindicator's are only a problem if you repeatedly fail mechanics and let them pile up on you... Which you know, makes it so you can't just fail everything and still win--which is generally the way games work. Anet is at least fair enough to have the same encounters at tier 1, 2, and even 3--where you can pretty much not dodge a single attack and still make it through the fight--so people can learn the fight while still getting shinies.

We talking about normal mode?

If normal mode yes I agree dev should probably nerf Vindicators.. bcos vindicator > casual players ..

I once join a group that's says..Last boss for new map t4. The two guys there basically die every time we res him. They hv no idea how to dodge no idea how to benefit from group and buff.. each time they go down.. they spawn best buddy vindicator.. near the end we had a nice troop of vindicators number greater than the players ... I wanna help them .. but after few tries... I'm sorry it's beyond help loooool xP

Last boss for new T4, S.O - Arkk? He's easy once you know the fight.

> We talking about normal mode?

> If normal mode yes I agree dev should probably nerf Vindicators.. bcos vindicator > casual players ..

> I once join a group that's says..Last boss for new map t4. The two guys there basically die every time we res him. They hv no idea how to dodge no idea how to benefit from group and buff.. each time they go down.. they spawn best buddy vindicator.. near the end we had a nice troop of vindicators number greater than the players ... I wanna help them .. but after few tries... I'm sorry it's beyond help loooool xP

They're new probably? It sounds like they're dying too often (to the point vindicators overwhelmed the party). Need to know what's causing to fix/minimize the domino effect. Altho he has some of previous bosses abilities, the pattern is obvious and slow. Things that need to take note during the fight for normal lv100 :

1. Turn around/look away from Arkk when there's an eye icon/symbol above his head or you will be feared(condition) otherwise.

2. If you have a skull symbol above your head (Corporeal Reassignment), only the person targetted will receive a message on top of the screen/sound. Don't panic and get into the dome, the special action key will help you to do that almost immediately.

3. CC (stun,fear, etc) any vindicators spawned to break their fixate on the downed player. They tend to "pause" alot in between when there's no nearby target too.

PS : Really hope Anet polish the chat bubble & chat box for this encounter. Arkk's chat bubble blocking the eye symbol ! especially at the start where he fires out multiple skills right before the fight. And if possible, add the Corporeal Reassignment's warning into the chat box.

> @"meeflak.9714" said:

> /sigh.......there's four tiers, if you can't do tier 4. Do tier 3, and so on until you hit a tier you can manage. Then practice, and work your way back up to tier 4. It's not even hard.

FYI to all people who ask for ez mode raids. This is example #1 why it won't work. Tiered difficulty with tiered rewards is already proven to be a problem for this community.

Well. I ll not say much but....

If your area is full of vindicators is your team's fault and only your team's, cause when 1st vindicator spawned you just didn't kill it. How do you expect to face tank a group of them?

It's a known thing now. Call target and kill him them res and continue.

If you didn't then you have to re consider the mechanics, or as said above go t3....

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> Last boss for new T4, S.O - Arkk? He's easy once you know the fight.

>

> > We talking about normal mode?

> > If normal mode yes I agree dev should probably nerf Vindicators.. bcos vindicator > casual players ..

> > I once join a group that's says..Last boss for new map t4. The two guys there basically die every time we res him. They hv no idea how to dodge no idea how to benefit from group and buff.. each time they go down.. they spawn best buddy vindicator.. near the end we had a nice troop of vindicators number greater than the players ... I wanna help them .. but after few tries... I'm sorry it's beyond help loooool xP

>

> They're new probably? It sounds like they're dying too often (to the point vindicators overwhelmed the party). Need to know what's causing to fix/minimize the domino effect. Altho he has some of previous bosses abilities, the pattern is obvious and slow. Things that need to take note during the fight for normal lv100 :

>

> 1. Turn around/look away from Arkk when there's an eye icon/symbol above his head or you will be feared(condition) otherwise.

>

> 2. If you have a skull symbol above your head (Corporeal Reassignment), only the person targetted will receive a message on top of the screen/sound. Don't panic and get into the dome, the special action key will help you to do that almost immediately.

>

> 3. CC (stun,fear, etc) any vindicators spawned to break their fixate on the downed player. They tend to "pause" alot in between when there's no nearby target too.

>

> PS : Really hope Anet polish the chat bubble & chat box for this encounter. Arkk's chat bubble blocking the eye symbol ! especially at the start where he fires out multiple skills right before the fight. And if possible, add the Corporeal Reassignment's warning into the chat box.

Sometimes it's hard to see the eye, but worst case scenario you get feared, then just use Nova special action to just break it. nearly instantly.

Also another tip is use your special action! Sounds simple but many don't. Use it to break CC on you, use it to break the bosses defiance bar, use it to get to a dome if you're too far away with the skull debuff. Use it if you took a misstep or are in a situation with no dodges etc. The fight is definitely easy if people just calm down, do the mechanics, have people doing decent output. Most of the mechanics don't even hurt if you mess up as well, the SKULL debuff is the most important though. I mean a big skull is on your head, a sound is made and there's text telling you to get to a safe place.

Sadly though without a healer it can only take 1 person just not listening/avoiding stuff and you can have that dreaded vindicator chain reaction.