Reposting Removed Content: Don't Do It

Gaile Gray.6029

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi,

We seem to be having a problem with the posting, reposting, and rereposting of unacceptable content. **You cannot use the forums as a medium for accusations.** If you believe someone has cheated, exploited, or misbehaved, write Customer Support. Don't post about it here, and by all means, do not repost it again and again.

Everyone who reposted the removed content will enjoy a 3-day break from the forums. If the material is reposted after this... errr... gentle reminder ;) you will enjoy a longer time out. Continue, and you ultimately sacrifice your forum privileges. Sure, you can do it, but why would you? Let this work through the normal channels, but keep in mind: CS is going to discuss this *with the people involved*, not everyone who tosses an accusation across the fence for someone else.

I think it is legitimate to ask for help by public awareness and criticism when the authorities or in this case CS doesn't do anything on a severe issue. Unless you like to silence people like a monarchy, which it seems that you do. You know which post i'm talking about I'm sure. Also I'm pretty sad the only communication we get is basically "stop complaining". But hey, idgaf anymore, I just play far less because game's far less enjoyable now and that's fine by me, there are enough games out there.

• ArenaNet Staff

BeLZedaR -- I'm not ssaying "Stop complaining." I'm saying, "Complain where it counts!"

I don't see where "public awareness" helps. Who's to say what's accurate? There's one person making some serious accusations against another, and "throwing it to the court of public opinion" isn't fair. We've all seen posts where someone says "My friend was banned and he didn't do anything wrong!" Folks get up in arms, wondering why we don't do something about the poor innocent player! And when we look at the records, there are a gazillion chat strings advertising RMT, a dozen trades involving illicit gem delivery, and a couple of improper references to skritt body parts, to boot! ;)

If someone is dissatisfied with a CS inquiry, **they need to take it to CS and discuss it**. They definitely should not bring it here -- where no one can help resolve the issue! -- and tell half a story from an understandably one-sided perspective.

> @BeLZedaR.4790 said:

> I think it is legitimate to ask for help by public awareness and criticism when the authorities or in this case CS doesn't do anything on a severe issue. Unless you like to silence people like a monarchy, which it seems that you do. You know which post i'm talking about I'm sure. Also I'm pretty sad the only communication we get is basically "stop complaining". But hey, idgaf anymore, I just play far less because game's far less enjoyable now and that's fine by me, there are enough games out there.

Quaggan has conspiracy theory. They will silence everyone who praises Joko Palawa the Great! Can you believe that? They just silenced Quaggan who was happy we got some communication here and asked about more of it while praising Joko! That has to be reason for moderation... or maybe they are racists who hate little fishy Quaggans?!

On serious note, Quaggan really would love more communication, give us more Ben!

• ArenaNet Staff

Morwath -- I assure you I love Quaggan, and I think you're just fine. We're actually working on that "more communication" thing *at this very hour!* Mods and I would like to keep the thread on topic, but hey, that seems a lost cause, so I hope this answer satisfies you.

Smarrzinger -- this just isn't a forum matter. I'm sorry as heck that someone may have been hacked, but let's think this through: what are we going to do about that here? This is a communications platform, not a rules enforcement system. Posting repeated accusations here accomplishes nothing. The person who was impacted needs to continue to talk to CS, even while CS needs to be able to verify incidents within our game and cannot use evidence presented from outside it. (This means Discord chat logs, Vent or TS logs, chat on a private forum -- those sorts of things are not "proof" within our system. However, if they lead to proof within the game, great!) BUT... I should let that discussion happen with CS, and hopefully there are game details that allow this to be thoroughly researched and resolved on the side of whomever is in the right.

> @Smarazzinger.1403 said:

> YEAH SURE, just delete the post of a top pvp guild hacking another top player and do like nothing its happening. Shame on you, we paid you for a service, WE are your customers and your way of treating ur customers is horrible imho.

First of all.

I think you are confused about the fact what you deserve. They had said multiple times there is a time and place to do everything.

Why do you need to get your friend, your friend's mom, and their grandmother involved? All it is, is PVP players beating on their chests like gorillas trying to prove and screech the loudest. Be an adult, be proper, and act like you were raised properly instead of demanding.

You have proof? Put it in a ticket. Why is it so easy for people to post their accusations on a public forum where drama can stir, but not in a ticket?

Let me answer that for you. Drama. Absolute and utter drama. That's what's wrong with people, that's what's wrong with the communicating issue of this community. We like to stir up drama no matter how low or high. Like to toot our own horns, and say: 'Lookit me mommy, I messed this guy up.' Or: 'Lookit me mommy, I reported a bad guy.'

What do you need public praise or something for you to get off on? Just. Stop. This is ashame that the PVP forums is nothing but people that has fallen so deep into a gutter and think they deserve so much. From the PVE straight to the PVP community, you all are the same strand of grey.

Smh.

Thank you Gaile, for at least putting some light on this. Sad that the forums have become nothing more than a spamfest now.

> @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> > @Smarazzinger.1403 said:

> > YEAH SURE, just delete the post of a top pvp guild hacking another top player and do like nothing its happening. Shame on you, we paid you for a service, WE are your customers and your way of treating ur customers is horrible imho.

>

> First of all.

> I think you are confused about the fact what you deserve. They had said multiple times there is a time and place to do everything.

>

> Why do you need to get your friend, your friend's mom, and their grandmother involve. All it is, is PVP players beating on their chests like gorillas trying to prove and screech the loudest. Be an adult, be proper, and act like you were raised properly instead of demanding like what has been going on.

>

> You have prove? Put it in a ticket. Why is it so easy for people to post their accusations on a public forum where drama can stir, but not in a ticket.

>

> Let me answer that for you. Drama. Absolute and utter drama. That's what's wrong with people, that's what's wrong with the communicating issue of this community. We like to stir up drama no matter how low or high. Like to toot our own horns, and say: Lookit me mommy, I messed this guy up. Or Lookit me mommy, I reported a bad guy.

>

> What do you need public praise or something for you to get off on? Just. Stop. This is ashame that the PVP forums is nothing but people that has fallen so deep into a gutter and think they deserve so much. From the PVE straight to the PVP community, you all are the same strand of grey.

>

> Smh.

> Thank you Gaile, for at least putting some light on this. Sad that the forums have become nothing more than a spamfest now.

Its really easy to write in a ticket. its just that all the tickets of this case get blatantly ignored for no reason to the point that you cannot say or do anything to get in contact with a-net in anyway so you have to write in the forums and hope for the best there. it took them only a few hours there to reply. yet they ignore the issue once again and just delete everything about it.

> @Mahrtas.4051 said:

> > @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> > > @Smarazzinger.1403 said:

> > > YEAH SURE, just delete the post of a top pvp guild hacking another top player and do like nothing its happening. Shame on you, we paid you for a service, WE are your customers and your way of treating ur customers is horrible imho.

> >

> > First of all.

> > I think you are confused about the fact what you deserve. They had said multiple times there is a time and place to do everything.

> >

> > Why do you need to get your friend, your friend's mom, and their grandmother involve. All it is, is PVP players beating on their chests like gorillas trying to prove and screech the loudest. Be an adult, be proper, and act like you were raised properly instead of demanding like what has been going on.

> >

> > You have prove? Put it in a ticket. Why is it so easy for people to post their accusations on a public forum where drama can stir, but not in a ticket.

> >

> > Let me answer that for you. Drama. Absolute and utter drama. That's what's wrong with people, that's what's wrong with the communicating issue of this community. We like to stir up drama no matter how low or high. Like to toot our own horns, and say: Lookit me mommy, I messed this guy up. Or Lookit me mommy, I reported a bad guy.

> >

> > What do you need public praise or something for you to get off on? Just. Stop. This is ashame that the PVP forums is nothing but people that has fallen so deep into a gutter and think they deserve so much. From the PVE straight to the PVP community, you all are the same strand of grey.

> >

> > Smh.

> > Thank you Gaile, for at least putting some light on this. Sad that the forums have become nothing more than a spamfest now.

>

>

> Its really easy to write in a ticket. its just that all the tickets of this case get blatantly ignored for no reason to the point that you cannot say or do anything to get in contact with a-net in anyway so you have to write in the forums and hope for the best there. it took them only a few hours there to reply. yet they ignore the issue once again and just delete everything about it.

>

What happened to patience is a virtue?

That's /ANOTHER/ issue, patience.

What happened of simply playing another game and waiting for the ticket to be answered if it was dire? My ticket took a bit to get answered as well, but it was indeed answered.

Everyone wants everything to be done NOW, NOW, NOW. I just imagine angry kids stomping their feet and throwing their hands up everytime I read posts like this.

"FIX NOW!!!!!"

'BALANCE NOW!!!!'

"ANET SUXSSSSSS"

I'd get tired of people too that simply just glue or tape down their caps locks just to get their point across. Patience is a damn virtue, to simply be patient. You are not going to die if you don't play the game 24/7.

> @Smarazzinger.1403 said:

> The OP specified that is first intention was not to post on the forums but he did because he tried for weeks to get in touch with the support team. The reason behind people complaining on the forums is simple: we re tired of being ignored.

Well you saw how they handled the blatant win sellers and abusers. They currently have statues in the PvP Lobby so why would this situation be any different?

> @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> > @Mahrtas.4051 said:

> > > @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> > > > @Smarazzinger.1403 said:

> > > > YEAH SURE, just delete the post of a top pvp guild hacking another top player and do like nothing its happening. Shame on you, we paid you for a service, WE are your customers and your way of treating ur customers is horrible imho.

> > >

> > > First of all.

> > > I think you are confused about the fact what you deserve. They had said multiple times there is a time and place to do everything.

> > >

> > > Why do you need to get your friend, your friend's mom, and their grandmother involve. All it is, is PVP players beating on their chests like gorillas trying to prove and screech the loudest. Be an adult, be proper, and act like you were raised properly instead of demanding like what has been going on.

> > >

> > > You have prove? Put it in a ticket. Why is it so easy for people to post their accusations on a public forum where drama can stir, but not in a ticket.

> > >

> > > Let me answer that for you. Drama. Absolute and utter drama. That's what's wrong with people, that's what's wrong with the communicating issue of this community. We like to stir up drama no matter how low or high. Like to toot our own horns, and say: Lookit me mommy, I messed this guy up. Or Lookit me mommy, I reported a bad guy.

> > >

> > > What do you need public praise or something for you to get off on? Just. Stop. This is ashame that the PVP forums is nothing but people that has fallen so deep into a gutter and think they deserve so much. From the PVE straight to the PVP community, you all are the same strand of grey.

> > >

> > > Smh.

> > > Thank you Gaile, for at least putting some light on this. Sad that the forums have become nothing more than a spamfest now.

> >

> >

> > Its really easy to write in a ticket. its just that all the tickets of this case get blatantly ignored for no reason to the point that you cannot say or do anything to get in contact with a-net in anyway so you have to write in the forums and hope for the best there. it took them only a few hours there to reply. yet they ignore the issue once again and just delete everything about it.

> >

>

> What happened to patience is a virtue?

> That's /ANOTHER/ issue, patience.

>

> What happened of simply playing another game and waiting for the ticket to be answered if it was dire? My ticket took a bit to get answered as well, but it was indeed answered.

>

> Everyone wants everything to be done NOW, NOW, NOW. I just imagine angry kids stomping their feet and throwing their hands up everytime I read posts like this.

>

> "FIX NOW!!!!!"

> 'BALANCE NOW!!!!'

> "ANET SUXSSSSSS"

>

> I'd get tired of people too that simply just glue or tape down their caps locks just to get their point across. Patience is a kitten virtue, to simply be patient. You are not going to die if you don't play the game 24/7.

PvP has the UGO Tournament and Monthly Automated Tournament. Multiple of those have been ddosed over a large amount of weeks. That is quite some time but at some point its too much.

It doesnt matter if it takes time proceeding. Its just unplayable to participate in any pvp activity since the accussed people will just ruin every game you get them in for a very long time now. Some of the known group have even already been banned for confirmed match fixing.

Sure you can play something else in the meantime. It doesnt really seem like A-Net would reply though. Some people just play the ATs and Monthlys but with this around there is no more incentive to play this game at all which caused an uproar in this Forum. I apologize for the spam of reposts but there really just needs something to be done soon.

@"thijsken.5031"

You got DDOS'd and that sucks, dude.

If you put a ticket in and included 3rd party logs, they just threw that out immediately. No surprise that they could not take action as they likely turned up zero admissible proof (IN Gw2).

So you know that rules enforcement has guidelines to follow even if to you it's very apparent you've been attacked by a certain person. If it's not logged in GW2 then it's not their jurisdiction. Nothing can happen in game to them.

Cut your skype and peer to peer voip contacts & chats, change your IP, or better yet, get in-game proof of tampering with the monthly.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> BeLZedaR -- I'm not ssaying "Stop complaining." I'm saying, "Complain where it counts!"

>

> I don't see where "public awareness" helps. Who's to say what's accurate? There's one person making some serious accusations against another, and "throwing it to the court of public opinion" isn't fair. We've all seen posts where someone says "My friend was banned and he didn't do anything wrong!" Folks get up in arms, wondering why we don't do something about the poor innocent player! And when we look at the records, there are a gazillion chat strings advertising RMT, a dozen trades involving illicit gem delivery, and a couple of improper references to skritt body parts, to boot! ;)

>

> If someone is dissatisfied with a CS inquiry, **they need to take it to CS and discuss it**. They definitely should not bring it here -- where no one can help resolve the issue! -- and tell half a story from an understandably one-sided perspective.

>

>

last time we did this ya'll took your sweet time finding out who actually cheated at the finals and ended up banning a certain someone account for cheating.... I mean it ONLY took over half the community to complain about it but whatever.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

>

> @"thijsken.5031"

>

> You got DDOS'd and that sucks, dude.

>

> If you put a ticket in and included 3rd party logs, they just threw that out immediately. No surprise that they could not take action as they likely turned up zero admissible proof (IN Gw2).

>

> So you know that rules enforcement has guidelines to follow even if to you it's very apparent you've been attacked by a certain person. If it's not logged in GW2 then it's not their jurisdiction. Nothing can happen in game to them.

>

> Cut your skype and peer to peer voip contacts & chats, change your IP, or better yet, get in-game proof of tampering with the monthly.

You know, just so we are crystal clear on this, the stuff going on, if true, is being focused entirely upon disrupting a players enjoyment of this game and at best it’s a CS issue and at worst it does constitute harassment, which is a real crime even online. I’m all for players taking some measures to protect themselves but at this point again if true this is far beyond what a single player should really have to be dealing with alone.

Online harassment and a lack of action is a hot topic atm, you bet if this was happening on Facebook it would get sorted immediately, there’s absolutely no way any online company wants to be seen as doing nothing about this sort of stuff. Here’s a short article you can skim through to get the jist of how serious the lack of action is getting.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/online-harassment-victim-sussex-police-inaction-absolutely-hopeless-a7825691.html

@"Gaile Gray.6029" I do hope you keep this thread updated even if it’s just a “Hey CS is still investigating” or a “we found some issues and are working with all parties to resolve it”. We don’t need details but knowing it is being handled and resolved would make a lot of forum users have more faith and trust in yourselves.

If you can't see why he has done this then you really must be blind. It's definitely not the right time or place, but the problem with that is there really isn't a right time or place when your pleas go unanswered.

We're all familiar with what's going on here: cheating and exploitation in this game is rampant. Even top tier players stream matches with hundreds of viewers witnessing cheaters. Stream happens a few days later, still the same cheaters. Nothing is done about it and if it is, we sure don't hear about it.

Communication is key here. If you're doing something about our complaints and reports then you must say something. This community is dwindling as it is, making the cheaters seem more common, and your remaining loyal fan base is feeling neglected.

I mean the individuals thjisken is accusing of ddosing him shouldn't even be banned for this since they should've been banned ages ago. It's a well known fact that they win trade to get top ratings without any significant effort. But anet doesn't act on that either as having a competitive leader board isn't an important as selling mount skins. The amount of things wrong with pvp is huge and anet won't even start by banning players who blatantly cheat the system. Instead they make it slip, making it far easier to do it the next time as players quit constantly due to the sheer frustration.

> @zoopop.5630 said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > BeLZedaR -- I'm not ssaying "Stop complaining." I'm saying, "Complain where it counts!"

> >

> > I don't see where "public awareness" helps. Who's to say what's accurate? There's one person making some serious accusations against another, and "throwing it to the court of public opinion" isn't fair. We've all seen posts where someone says "My friend was banned and he didn't do anything wrong!" Folks get up in arms, wondering why we don't do something about the poor innocent player! And when we look at the records, there are a gazillion chat strings advertising RMT, a dozen trades involving illicit gem delivery, and a couple of improper references to skritt body parts, to boot! ;)

> >

> > If someone is dissatisfied with a CS inquiry, **they need to take it to CS and discuss it**. They definitely should not bring it here -- where no one can help resolve the issue! -- and tell half a story from an understandably one-sided perspective.

> >

> >

>

> last time we did this ya'll took your sweet time finding out who actually cheated at the finals and ended up banning a certain someone account for cheating.... I mean it ONLY took over half the community to complain about it but whatever.

Maybe...They have been investigating it all along cause of those who reported it where it should. There are rules. When you play the game, there is a rule that you are not allowed to cheat. People should commit to that rule and Arenanet should enforce it, specially if it is reported by a ticket or a an ingame report.

There are also rules for posting on this forum. Like not being allowed to name and shame. I think Arenanet should govern that rule as much as the ingame rules. Otherwise they would be not worth a penny for what they actually should be doing.

Investigating do take time cause they do want to go for the max punishment and need a lot of proof from different angles. Someone invested a lot in his account and taking it away should not be an easy decission for the support team.

@"Gaile Gray.6029"

I do think there can be some improvement about how tickets that report unaccetable behaviour are being handled. Now it quickly is closed with a remark that they are looking into it and take appropiate actions if needed. I believe the ticket should remain open while it is investigated. Without breaking someones privacy you can eventually close it by saying something like 'We have investigated this and didn't find any proof of illegal actions. Thats why we can't do anything in this case. We do feel sorry for your bad experience and have made a remark in the players file in case we get any future reports.'. Or 'We are sorry you had a bad experience. We investigated it and found out that the person was acting in breach with our terms of service and have taken appropiate action. Thank you for reporting it to us.'

Obvious, when people keep making tickets for the same event, close them straight away.

Gaile,

I know it's slightly off the topic of your OP, but this is a good time and place for this perspective. You are definitely one of the most polite, and happy sounding people in the forums. I'm not that lucky enough to be that well adjusted and have that outlook on life. I've had so many posts removed because I come off a bit to snarky, or angry, or whatever and not sounding like some businessman in a boardroom. I've had posts removed because I've criticized a certain someone, which was reasonable, but because it was him it was removed, and suspended. Maybe some of them might have been warranted, but I really feel like most of them were not, but contained information or criticism that Anet just doesn't want others to read. A lot of this stuff relies heavily on someones opinion, as most of the posts that I've had removed are nothing like the reason given for the removal. Even if a post came across as angry, but the content acceptable, leave it as is. Just look through my history. I'm thoroughly convinced that there's sanitation going on.

But what's worse, is that this suppression just turns me off so much and makes me not want to support you guys, even though I loved the game. I'm currently not playing, for various reasons. This treatment is a small part of it. I still read and post because I want to do my small part to make the game better, to help others, to check up on things, and hopefully soon, to play the game again when some issues are fixed. But every time I have a post removed, it drives me away.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

>

> @"thijsken.5031"

>

> You got DDOS'd and that sucks, dude.

>

> If you put a ticket in and included 3rd party logs, they just threw that out immediately. No surprise that they could not take action as they likely turned up zero admissible proof (IN Gw2).

>

> So you know that rules enforcement has guidelines to follow even if to you it's very apparent you've been attacked by a certain person. If it's not logged in GW2 then it's not their jurisdiction. Nothing can happen in game to them.

>

> Cut your skype and peer to peer voip contacts & chats, change your IP, or better yet, get in-game proof of tampering with the monthly.

DDoS attacks are criminal acts in many jurisdictions,you should never let these kids get away with this.Set up some proper software and find out who is doing what,dont block incoming attacks rather observe and call your isp/cops on em.

Provide as much time information as possible: identify the start of attack, end of attack, whether the attacks are repeated, and whether there are observable patterns or cycles to the attacks.

Share any insights or suspicions you have regarding the nature of the attack. Does it appear to correlate with a geo-political event? Did you receive threatening correspondence prior to or during the attack and if so, what was the nature of the threat?

Provide detailed traffic information including: type of traffic (ICMP, DNS, TCP, UDP, application), source and targeted IP addresses and port numbers, packet rate, packet size, and bandwidth consumed by the attack traffic.

Describe any unique traffic or packet characteristics you observe. Is the attack targeting a particular virtual host or domain? What have you observed from application protocol headers? Have you observed any unusual patterns of flag settings in underlying protocols (TCP, UDP, ICMP, IP)?

Identify any changes you observe in the attack over time (i.e., to packet sizes, rates, unique IPs seen per epoch, protocols, etc.). These may be indications that the attacker is reacting to mitigation efforts you or others have implemented.

Provide your assessment of the impact; for example, explain whether you are managing the attack using mitigations and assistance, or that your services or performance is {moderately, severely} affected, or that your services have been disrupted entirely.

@Gaile Gray.6029

I hope you do realize that this one wasn't only one instance of someone repeatedly violating rules and harassing other players via various methods (afking, wintrading, systematic bullying , hacking etc.). There were proofs and even twitch streams where such actions were recorded. Those things have been reported to the "proper channels" and nothing happened. The posts you mentioned are result of frustration and the fact that in GW2 trolling/bullying/cheating/afking in matches/harassing/hacking etc. is generally tolerated unless it becomes somehow public on 3rd party platforms.

> @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> > @Mahrtas.4051 said:

> > > @Lilyanna.9361 said:

> > > > @Smarazzinger.1403 said:

> > > > YEAH SURE, just delete the post of a top pvp guild hacking another top player and do like nothing its happening. Shame on you, we paid you for a service, WE are your customers and your way of treating ur customers is horrible imho.

> > >

> > > First of all.

> > > I think you are confused about the fact what you deserve. They had said multiple times there is a time and place to do everything.

> > >

> > > Why do you need to get your friend, your friend's mom, and their grandmother involve. All it is, is PVP players beating on their chests like gorillas trying to prove and screech the loudest. Be an adult, be proper, and act like you were raised properly instead of demanding like what has been going on.

> > >

> > > You have prove? Put it in a ticket. Why is it so easy for people to post their accusations on a public forum where drama can stir, but not in a ticket.

> > >

> > > Let me answer that for you. Drama. Absolute and utter drama. That's what's wrong with people, that's what's wrong with the communicating issue of this community. We like to stir up drama no matter how low or high. Like to toot our own horns, and say: Lookit me mommy, I messed this guy up. Or Lookit me mommy, I reported a bad guy.

> > >

> > > What do you need public praise or something for you to get off on? Just. Stop. This is ashame that the PVP forums is nothing but people that has fallen so deep into a gutter and think they deserve so much. From the PVE straight to the PVP community, you all are the same strand of grey.

> > >

> > > Smh.

> > > Thank you Gaile, for at least putting some light on this. Sad that the forums have become nothing more than a spamfest now.

> >

> >

> > Its really easy to write in a ticket. its just that all the tickets of this case get blatantly ignored for no reason to the point that you cannot say or do anything to get in contact with a-net in anyway so you have to write in the forums and hope for the best there. it took them only a few hours there to reply. yet they ignore the issue once again and just delete everything about it.

> >

>

> What happened to patience is a virtue?

> That's /ANOTHER/ issue, patience.

>

> What happened of simply playing another game and waiting for the ticket to be answered if it was dire? My ticket took a bit to get answered as well, but it was indeed answered.

>

> Everyone wants everything to be done NOW, NOW, NOW. I just imagine angry kids stomping their feet and throwing their hands up everytime I read posts like this.

>

> "FIX NOW!!!!!"

> 'BALANCE NOW!!!!'

> "ANET SUXSSSSSS"

>

> I'd get tired of people too that simply just glue or tape down their caps locks just to get their point across. Patience is a kitten virtue, to simply be patient. You are not going to die if you don't play the game 24/7.

Yes, what the OP did is against the rules, but saying “be patient” isn’t helpful either. Although it wasn’t this game I have had experiences with other games that took 6 months to respond to a ticket just to say “We will not be looking into this.” And then have it closed. If it has been going on for weeks without a meaningful response then I don’t blame the OP for posting on the forums. It’s obvious why he did. Look how fast he got responses on the forums. He also got suggestions on ways he might be able to fix the problem from the community.

The fact that people like the OP is more likely to get banned than the people he was exposing is BS. It’s not a “public awareness” problem in anets eyes because they don’t want those things to be associated with their game. It’s doesn’t paint a good public image of the game or Anet when stuff like this happens. So of course they will delete it and warn people not repost. They may not be able to do anything with third party proof, but that doesn’t mean they can’t keep a good eye on the accused and tell the OP (at least privately) that they are doing so. I think that would go a long way. Stuff like ddos shouldn’t be tolerated.

It would all be avoided if customer service actually provided good customer service. Customer service doesn’t necessarily mean they can fix the problem every time. But they can stay in communication and try to give suggestions on ways to proceed. A simple “I’m sorry, but we can’t help you” is not good customer service. If they did provide a good response and OP is just bitter then that is a different story, but it didn’t sound like that was the case. It is often customers service MO to ignore problems they don’t want to deal with in many games and other companies for that matter.

I like this game a lot. And I think overall there is a lot better communication from devs in this game than others I have played. But if this were happening to me and I didn’t get good correspondence about it then I would have done the same thing.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @"Miles Smiles.8951" said:

> > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > @"Miles Smiles.8951" said:

> > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > I don't see where "public awareness" helps.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Sounds like a typical government to me. What's next? Thought police? Public lynching and mob law is not okay though, is it?

> > >

> > > The Court of Public opinion is neither fair nor just.

> >

> > Yeah, that's what I'm saying. But still it's not The Court, it's a forum, no one makes any decisions here, so maybe they shouldn't restrain people from knowing.

>

> No but Public Opinion can heavily affect someone ingame. Simply being accused of match manipulation can easily destroy a player's reputation.

>

> It's also worth noting that it's very easy to spoof a Discord chat. Discord channel nicknames are not unique, so it's trivial for someone to make a throwaway server, set their nickname on that server to be the same as the person they want to frame, say all sorts of incriminating things, then screencap it. It would be impossible to tell just from the screencap whether it's genuine or not. While Anet won't act on Discord screencaps, most players would view that as rockhard evidence.

That is true. I understand why the rules are in place. I just also can see the OPs point of view. I guess both the OP and Anet are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. That’s why I think having excellent customer service would go a long way. The correspondence between customer service and OP can be private, but if it is meaningful and not just copy and paste I’m sure it would prevent a lot of these types of posts from happening in the first place. Problem is a lot of the time in situations like this customer service fails hard, which then leads to posts like these and community uproar.

Edit: I also think that the accuser should always be investigated as well. If it was a case of false evidence then the accuser should have every bit as harsh a penalty as the accused would have if the claim had been true.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Hi,

>

> We seem to be having a problem with the posting, reposting, and rereposting of unacceptable content. **You cannot use the forums as a medium for accusations.** If you believe someone has cheated, exploited, or misbehaved, write Customer Support. Don't post about it here, and by all means, do not repost it again and again.

>

> Everyone who reposted the removed content will enjoy a 3-day break from the forums. If the material is reposted after this... errr... gentle reminder ;) you will enjoy a longer time out. Continue, and you ultimately sacrifice your forum privileges. Sure, you can do it, but why would you? Let this work through the normal channels, but keep in mind: CS is going to discuss this *with the people involved*, not everyone who tosses an accusation across the fence for someone else.

>

While what you are saying makes sense, there is very little evidence that anything happens to people that violate TOS rules.

I think it would help the community to know something happens when you report something. Stats on the number of reports handled and number of punishments would go a long way. Could also give some feedback on common things that get reported that shouldn't.

Even better, I've heard rumors followers of Dhuum were trying to free him from his dormant state to fill the void left by Balthazar. If you know what I mean ?

> @Spurnshadow.3678 said:

> But what's worse, is that this suppression just turns me off so much and makes me not want to support you guys, even though I loved the game. I'm currently not playing, for various reasons. This treatment is a small part of it. I still read and post because I want to do my small part to make the game better, to help others, to check up on things, and hopefully soon, to play the game again when some issues are fixed. But every time I have a post removed, it drives me away.

Leaving accusations against players on the forums without removing them can create legal issues for ArenaNet. The Terms of Use disclaim any responsibility for the conduct of other players, but (at least to my knowledge) make no such provision for allowing ArenaNet to fail to act once they become aware that potentially slanderous material is being hosted or referenced on their services. Probably because such a provision would not be legal in most of the countries where they operate.