Any way to change voice of my female Norn?

> @Lemondrop.5216 said:

> > @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> > It's fine. You're not supposed to be as feminine as humans. You can literally turn into a bear.

>

> She's pretty, and looks sexy and very feminine, but that voice, Aggg!

Well you can turn off player chatter and try to tolerate it during story. My sylvari looks pretty menacing and doesn't suit his well spoken British accent either (tbh I'd much prefer Canach as my VA).

> @sorudo.9054 said:

> they all need options, i have mostly human characters but hate to do the PS on different characters because they all sound the same.

Last MMO I played had options for voice- you could choose from numerous sets that included the sound of their voice when they talk, how they laugh, their battle noises, etc. Someone did youtube videos of all the options for all races that made it easier to choose. Would be great to have this additional customization available in GW2.

It does feel odd to me that all my characters of same race/gender sound exactly the same as each other, and some things (their laugh, for example) don't fit them at all.

I am hurt by this post. I always loved the voice. After two years of playing my norm I found out it is voiced by Claudia Christian who played commander Susan Ivanova in my favourite sci fi show ever (Babylon 5). I personally love her and her voice as I grew up with it. I also find it very fitting for a norn female,

But with that of my chest. No you can’t and I don’t think they change it. By popular demand we want voiced dialogue in all content. They allready have to get 40 voiceactors to speak each player line (5 races times two sexes times 4 languages is 5*2*4=40). Adding more options would elevate this difficulty in development.

So you can either play a different sex, a different race or a different language to get s different voice.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> I am hurt by this post. I always loved the voice. After two years of playing my norm I found out it is voiced by Claudia Christian who played commander Susan Ivanova in my favourite sci fi show ever (Babylon 5). I personally love her and her voice as I grew up with it. I also find it very fitting for a norn female,

>

> But with that of my chest. No you can’t and I don’t think they change it. By popular demand we want voiced dialogue in all content. They allready have to get 40 voiceactors to speak each player line (5 races times two sexes times 4 languages is 5*2*4=40). Adding more options would elevate this difficulty in development.

>

> So you can either play a different sex, a different race or a different language to get s different voice.

Not a good option on "I like how this look, but I hate how it sound so let me play on something I hate the look of (probably) but like the sound of".

Audio is client-side, so you could swap out the game files, even for blank audio files if you'd rather hear nothing. Might get in trouble though, ANet doesn't like people messing with the game files even if it's harmless.

> @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> It's fine. You're not supposed to be as feminine as humans. You can literally turn into a bear.

Can you? Because last I checked that aspect of the Norn race was essentially removed from both the story and gameplay because of the spaghetti coded implemention of the transformation system.

> It's fine. You're not supposed to be as feminine as humans. You can literally turn into a bear.

I was always disappointed that one of the defining ability of Norn lorewise, the ability to transform, has never properly been reflected in gameplay (because the skills are beyond bad) or even the story . I really hope they are given a overhaul, but not likely to happen.

.![](https://i.imgur.com/a1FGxLXm.jpg "")

As for the voice I like that it is different and quite distinct from humans and the other races. Could be better, could be worse.

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> I think on April Fools Day they should get Gilbert Godfrey to record all the Player Character voices, that would make you beg to go back to the constipated old man.

Actually...

I want to hear him run faster than a Centaur. I think I would like to hear that.

or "Grenth! I call upon your power!"

or "Click Click Boom..."

Except human female sounds like a 50y old while they look like teenagers. Very frustrating and hard to feel immersed to the story.

For me this is Fallout 4 style mistake. At least there you can mod it off

> @Jin.8501 said:

> > @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

> > It's fine. You're not supposed to be as feminine as humans. You can literally turn into a bear.

>

> Except human female sounds like a 50y old while they look like teenagers. Very frustrating and hard to feel immersed to the story.

> For me this is Fallout 4 style mistake. At least there you can mod it off

I don't think my character looks like a teenager.

She looks like she's in her 20s.

Also don't find the voice sounding like she's 50 either. Maybe in the 30s yeah.