New wvw weapon set

xDudisx.5914

> @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > > Will the weapons require skirmish tickets?

> >

> > My guess is yes. It sounds like they are adding different skins, but everything else will likely be the same.

>

> I hope they can at least be less stingy with the skirmish tickets then. New weapon sets are just a sink for the tickets but skirmish tickets are timegated anyway and don't need a sink. Fractals got a relic drop buff along with the new relic sink. If they leave skirmish tickets like they are people will never get anything out of WvW lol.

>

> I hope they can finally give us more tickets per week if they intend to introduce new sinks.

My guess is that the amount of tickets and marks needed will remain the same. They will likely add more skins in the future, but that would probably be the only difference, again just personal speculation.

> @dagneyandleo.6378 said:

> > @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > Yeah, this is EXACTLY what needs to be added. Ignore the trash balance, the bugs, the issues and everything else that is wrong with WvW. This will TOTALLY fix it.... :/

>

> a new weapon set that already was designed/detailed for spvp !== "fixing" balance, population, and server issues

>

> One of those is a comparatively small amount of work with a solid end goal, no internal debate, and no visible downside. The latter, if rumors are to be believed, is either done by teams outside of the WvW groups (server/balance) or has been worked on/debated for years with months of work being scrapped in favor of an easier-to-implement solutions (links and the reward system).

>

> If I'm president of the United States and I announce that I'm releasing a new highway plan, only a simpleton would say "How dare you fix our roads while we haven't come to a peace agreement between Israel and Palestine?!"

>

> Not saying that I don't think major changes need to be made - And, more importantly, **communicated** via official channels that they're in some type of development - But this type of complaining only makes the devs less inclined to listen to feedback.

>

>

Less inclined has been happening for over 5 years , go figure !!

> @morrolan.9608 said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @Veprovina.4876 said:

> > > Will the weapons require skirmish tickets?

> >

> > My guess is yes. It sounds like they are adding different skins, but everything else will likely be the same.

>

> Great add that to the end of the legendary armor time sink then.

Who knows, maybe Obsidian armor will come back too.

> @"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:

> > @Endelon.1042 said:

> > WvW weapon news from an sPvP thread :thinking:

>

> They were doing their discussion today I was going to post something a bit later if no one posted here about it first.

Hey Raymond,

Welcome aboard!

To help us with the old nerfs/buffs us WvWers like to be able to swap stats easily.

Would it be possible to add stat swapping onto these Obsidian weapons (or add something like a Bloodstone Capacitor that we can buy to reset the stats).

If not the Obsidian armour then perhaps we could have such a capacitor item for the Mistforged weapons and armour if not? (i.e., it only works on Mistforged).

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

> @"dzeRnumbrd.6129" said:

> > @"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:

> > > @Endelon.1042 said:

> > > WvW weapon news from an sPvP thread :thinking:

> >

> > They were doing their discussion today I was going to post something a bit later if no one posted here about it first.

>

> Hey Raymond,

>

> Welcome aboard!

>

> To help us with the old nerfs/buffs us WvWers like to be able to swap stats easily.

>

> Would it be possible to add stat swapping onto these Obsidian weapons (or add something like a Bloodstone Capacitor that we can buy to reset the stats).

>

> If not the Obsidian armour then perhaps we could have such a capacitor item for the Mistforged weapons and armour if not? (i.e., it only works on Mistforged).

>

> Pretty please with a cherry on top?

>

You can swap stats on the ascended version the same way as with any other ascended weapon.

> @"Nightblade.8295" said:

> > @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> > Wonder how balance the efects will be!!! i wil demmand nerf if i need to use sunglasses..... :cookie:

>

> I am already considering using welder mask when playing wvw - most ppl look like portable fireworks...

i know that feeling...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/12054/gw2-combat-is-all-about-pay-attention-to-your-enemy#latest

> @"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:

> > > @Ubi.4136 said:

> > > Please...please...do not suck.

> >

> > I think they look really awesome.

you thought these skins looked awesome?

Who came up with this color scheme.....tell him/her they are bad and they should feel bad.

Red Fire effects on a black weapon?! Really?

If you were going for the red lyrium look you failed..

Thanks for trying, but I will be 100% honest, these weapons look like kitten and quite honestly a waste of resources.

Thanks for the thought though, preciate it.

Yeah, the shapes and colors for 3 out of 4 weapons are more like carnival skins. The shield is the worst for this as the top of it is almost clown like. The staff is ok, but the little itty bitty obsidian part on top really doesn't do it justice. The torch is ok, but a little comical. The dagger in red and green colors looks cool and gives me hope for other bladed weapons. I also believe the hammer/mace will be pretty nifty but I have been wrong before.

> @"thenachobro.5401" said:

> Yeah, the shapes and colors for 3 out of 4 weapons are more like carnival skins. The shield is the worst for this as the top of it is almost clown like. The staff is ok, but the little itty bitty obsidian part on top really doesn't do it justice. The torch is ok, but a little comical. The dagger in red and green colors looks cool and gives me hope for other bladed weapons. I also believe the hammer/mace will be pretty nifty but I have been wrong before.

I like the base of the shield but it looks like someone went and glued candy corn on the top of it

When thinking staff i was thinking along the lines of https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Onyx_Staff

or https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Embercrest_Staff

but we get a funnel on a stick with a glowing stopper on top..

Shield- can i have one without the odd disney crown rim?

Well- the dagger seems to be probably the best of what there is for now.. but it pales among the myriads of other daggers.. though the handle does make it look dangerous if used from behind....

(would love a katana/wakizashi style sword and dagger with sleek obsidian blade..could have the fuller made in team color (perhaps also handle bindings) or emit the color as sheen or fiery aura from blade

Is it possible to make a fan-contest on theme obsidian weapons we would like to see?....

• 2 months later...