Scourge is really depressing!

verskore.4312

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"jihm.2315" said:

> there was always this disgusting fotm thing in gw2 but scourge has to be the worst, look how balanced reaper is now if they want they can tune good but for some reason they leave something overpowered

1. Chronobunker was definitely the worst fotm thing. That isn't even up for debate, as it's the build that single-handedly destroyed PvP until it was nerfed out of existence. And I do mean "destroyed" as with it running around, games never hit 500 points. Heck, you had professional matches that didn't have 30 points total (both teams) at the end of the 15 minute time.

2. Reaper isn't balanced, it's really underpowered in PvP after the degen nerf to Reaper's Shroud. Seriously, it doesn't do well against *any* meta build, regardless of the profession.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"jihm.2315" said:

> > there was always this disgusting fotm thing in gw2 but scourge has to be the worst, look how balanced reaper is now if they want they can tune good but for some reason they leave something overpowered

>

> 1. Chronobunker was definitely the worst fotm thing. That isn't even up for debate, as it's the build that single-handedly destroyed PvP until it was nerfed out of existence. And I do mean "destroyed."

> 2. Reaper isn't balanced, it's really underpowered in PvP after the degen nerf to Reaper's Shroud. Seriously, it doesn't do well against *any* meta build, regardless of the profession.

reaper doesnt do well vs meta because its balanced its at the level of soulbeast thats how classes should be in my opinion but we have god mode scourge and previous god tiers destroying the game constantly adn after about 6 months they suddenly know how to balance them

i personally dont demand perfect balance but when something is so broken it should be fixed faster

Literally i have only one problem with scourages. When im forced to go face to face with them. One good well and all my stability / resistance and other boons changes into conditions, after it im just chain feared just getting more and more condi burst on my back. There's like absolutely no protection in close combat with scourage. You cant leave a point everytime scourage appear, this is not like pvp should look like. This is happening to players from every division. Scourage brings people to ranks they would never get even half of it.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > @"vorpal.1497" said:

> > > > @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > > > Warrior was the one that was legit on top consistently because of it's damage, skills, and traits. And look, it's /still/ on top.

> > >

> > > Warrior was absolute trash tier from the time of the [quickness nerf](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2013-04-30#Warrior "quickness nerf") until HoT introduced [arc divider](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-10-23#Berserker "arc divider").

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Lul no.

>

> It was... If there was a profession that was out of PvP in vanilla, that was the warrior... No survivability, no damage... Honnestly the warrior was very underwhelming in PvP at this point of the game.

lulz

Warriors were a bottom 2 class for maybe 1 season and War mains all of a sudden think the entire spec for all of GW2.

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> Once again, the community have gathered together to blame Necromancer for the root cause of the toxicity crisis. Someone has to bear the blame right? Someone has to carry the burden right? Someone has to be bullied and mistreated right? Someone has to be chosen as the scapegoat right?

If you can't see the issue with it then you are beyond any help... did you even read my entire post instead of immediately defending scourge?

> @"verskore.4312" said:

> > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > Once again, the community have gathered together to blame Necromancer for the root cause of the toxicity crisis. Someone has to bear the blame right? Someone has to carry the burden right? Someone has to be bullied and mistreated right? Someone has to be chosen as the scapegoat right?

>

> If you can't see the issue with it then you are beyond any help... did you even read my entire post instead of immediately defending scourge?

'I used to play reaper all the time during HoT and **I really looked forward to scourge but the way it is made made me really hate the spec and seeing 4 scourge every single game really isn't helping me feeling better about pvp**. It's gone so far that i'm really doubting to continue playing pvp this season and Im really really sad about this, **it's getting so frustrating Im sometimes even getting salty towards people who play scourges**, normally im a very calm player but it's gotten so far I just can't help myself from time to time....'

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > @"verskore.4312" said:

> > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > Once again, the community have gathered together to blame Necromancer for the root cause of the toxicity crisis. Someone has to bear the blame right? Someone has to carry the burden right? Someone has to be bullied and mistreated right? Someone has to be chosen as the scapegoat right?

> >

> > If you can't see the issue with it then you are beyond any help... did you even read my entire post instead of immediately defending scourge?

>

> 'I used to play reaper all the time during HoT and **I really looked forward to scourge but the way it is made made me really hate the spec and seeing 4 scourge every single game really isn't helping me feeling better about pvp**. It's gone so far that i'm really doubting to continue playing pvp this season and Im really really sad about this, **it's getting so frustrating Im sometimes even getting salty towards people who play scourges**, normally im a very calm player but it's gotten so far I just can't help myself from time to time....'

so your point is you read it so you are beyond help because you're still defending the condi burst/scourge/conquest relation issue? Agreed!

> @"verskore.4312" said:

> > > @"verskore.4312" said:

> > > > @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> > > > Once again, the community have gathered together to blame Necromancer for the root cause of the toxicity crisis. Someone has to bear the blame right? Someone has to carry the burden right? Someone has to be bullied and mistreated right? Someone has to be chosen as the scapegoat right?

> > >

> > > If you can't see the issue with it then you are beyond any help... did you even read my entire post instead of immediately defending scourge?

> >

> > 'I used to play reaper all the time during HoT and **I really looked forward to scourge but the way it is made made me really hate the spec and seeing 4 scourge every single game really isn't helping me feeling better about pvp**. It's gone so far that i'm really doubting to continue playing pvp this season and Im really really sad about this, **it's getting so frustrating Im sometimes even getting salty towards people who play scourges**, normally im a very calm player but it's gotten so far I just can't help myself from time to time....'

>

> so your point is you read it so you are beyond help because you're still defending the condi burst/scourge/conquest relation issue? Agreed!

'The necromancer is also **great** at inflicting debilitating or damaging conditions on enemies as well as removing conditions from allies and boons from enemies.'

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Necromancer

• 4 weeks later...

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> Once again, the community have gathered together to blame Necromancer for the root cause of the toxicity crisis. Someone has to bear the blame right? Someone has to carry the burden right? Someone has to be bullied and mistreated right? Someone has to be chosen as the scapegoat right?

Cross confirmed as Necromancer's next elite spec weapon of choice?

Just put a condi stack cap to condis in PvP and WvW only, you can receive max 10 stacks of torment, max 10 stacks of confusion, max 10 stacks of burning and having 2 or 3 scourges in the same team won't benefit anymore like now that they stacks 25 stacks together. It was the same at the guardian symbols that a bug made them stack each other...

> @"Velimere.7685" said:

> > Once again, the community have gathered together to blame Necromancer for the root cause of the toxicity crisis. Someone has to bear the blame right? Someone has to carry the burden right? Someone has to be bullied and mistreated right? Someone has to be chosen as the scapegoat right?

>

> Cross confirmed as Necromancer's next elite spec weapon of choice?

**Scythe**

The weapon they should've had from the beginning

( Side note)-

Both Necromancer and Dhuum share something in common- both communicate with the dead and summons minion. Dhuum weapon to rule the dead:

Scythe.

Here is something even more interesting; Dhuum main profession is Dervish. Dervish weapon of choice is also Scythe. Here is a cross profession skill of Necromancer and Dervish working simultaneously together.

https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/User:Snakeycake/Vampiric_Scythe_necro

Necromancer next elite Dervish??

(here are some interesting info's about Reaper in link)

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Reaper

( **Grenth** )

-Grenth is the God of Death and Ice

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Grenth

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grenth

-- ((Suggestion)) : Equip Necromancer-Elite-- Reaper weapon with Scythe

Anyhow,

that's all i want to share

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dhuum

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dervish

[https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/d/d9/Dhuum.jpg/687px-Dhuum.jpg](https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/d/d9/Dhuum.jpg/687px-Dhuum.jpg "https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/d/d9/Dhuum.jpg/687px-Dhuum.jpg")

[https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/e/ec/%22Grenth%22_concept_art.jpg](https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/e/ec/%22Grenth%22_concept_art.jpg "https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/e/ec/%22Grenth%22_concept_art.jpg")

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> Just put a condi stack cap to condis in PvP and WvW only, you can receive max 10 stacks of torment, max 10 stacks of confusion, max 10 stacks of burning and having 2 or 3 scourges in the same team won't benefit anymore like now that they stacks 25 stacks together. It was the same at the guardian symbols that a bug made them stack each other...

I don't think they need a condition cap to fix one broken spec.

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > @"vorpal.1497" said:

> > > @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > > Warrior was the one that was legit on top consistently because of it's damage, skills, and traits. And look, it's /still/ on top.

> >

> > Warrior was absolute trash tier from the time of the [quickness nerf](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2013-04-30#Warrior "quickness nerf") until HoT introduced [arc divider](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-10-23#Berserker "arc divider").

> >

> >

>

> Lul no.

He's right. Arc Divider was buffed around the time Warriors became relevant in the meta.

> @"Burnfall.9573" said:

> **No class deserves to be depressed except the Necromancer**

Making something incredibly overpowered is not the way to address it being underpowered. As a necro secondary, I am aware that necromancers in general have it incredibly rough, but let's be honest here. Any class that can, in conquest, sit on a point and obliterate anything that gets near it, thus forcing team comps to significantly change to deal with that single class, has no place in pvp.

I said it for Turret Engies.

I said it for bunker ventari revs.

I said it for dragonhunters.

I would have said it for Spellbreakers if I didn't have my head up my own a** for that because (WOO MESMER COUNTER)

And I'll say it again. Buff the class if it is weak, but let's not forget the kind of game we're playing.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > @"vorpal.1497" said:

> > > > @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > > > Warrior was the one that was legit on top consistently because of it's damage, skills, and traits. And look, it's /still/ on top.

> > >

> > > Warrior was absolute trash tier from the time of the [quickness nerf](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2013-04-30#Warrior "quickness nerf") until HoT introduced [arc divider](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-10-23#Berserker "arc divider").

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Lul no.

>

> He's right. Arc Divider was buffed around the time Warriors became relevant in the meta.

>

> > **No class deserves to be depressed except the Necromancer**

>

> Making something incredibly overpowered is not the way to address it being underpowered. As a necro secondary, I am aware that necromancers in general have it incredibly rough, but let's be honest here. Any class that can, in conquest, sit on a point and obliterate anything that gets near it, thus forcing team comps to significantly change to deal with that single class, has no place in pvp.

>

> I said it for Turret Engies.

> I said it for bunker ventari revs.

> I said it for dragonhunters.

> I would have said it for Spellbreakers if I didn't have my head up my own a** for that because (WOO MESMER COUNTER)

> And I'll say it again. Buff the class if it is weak, but let's not forget the kind of game we're playing.

>

>

Whatever it takes to promote healthy competitive competition for all classes including Necromancer, i'm all for it.

> @"Velimere.7685" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > Just put a condi stack cap to condis in PvP and WvW only, you can receive max 10 stacks of torment, max 10 stacks of confusion, max 10 stacks of burning and having 2 or 3 scourges in the same team won't benefit anymore like now that they stacks 25 stacks together. It was the same at the guardian symbols that a bug made them stack each other...

>

> I don't think they need a condition cap to fix one broken spec.

Mirage is broken too because of all that stacks... and a cap limit to 10 stacks its not like they will do zero damage... But now you receive 20 stacks confusion, you cleanse, and have another 20 stacks and even a condition cleanse skill with a bit of time to activate kills you... that is unfun to play against.

I know the purpose of confusion condition, it makes you stop attack somehow and use skills instead of spamming skills.

But if you cleanse, you die, if you don't cleanse you die anyway because confusion is not only condition that a condi mirage gives to you.

And a cap would benefit even team compositions, if max you can receive 10 stacks of torment having 2 scourges won't be overpowered like it is now, if both of them place a shade under your feet you instant receive 25 stacks torment and there is nothing to dodge, you have only 2 dodges and their cd are too low.

The only way is just run away and don't face them at all... You should do it only against your counter class, run away.

But yeah I don't know any other way... Obviously PvP and WvW only.

Buffs have a cap, 25 might etc. other wise your damage will be exagerated.

Condi are too easier to stack on you, in a fration of second you find yourself with 25 stacks torment, 25 stacks confusion,25 stacks burning... it is annoying even to the class with the best condi cleanses, because after you used the cleanse they can stack the same amount of condis in seconds again.

> Making something incredibly overpowered is not the way to address it being underpowered. As a necro secondary, I am aware that necromancers in general have it incredibly rough, but let's be honest here. **Any class that can, in conquest, sit on a point and obliterate anything that gets near it, thus forcing team comps to significantly change to deal with that single class, has no place in pvp. **

>

> I said it for Turret Engies.

> I said it for bunker ventari revs.

> I said it for dragonhunters.

> I would have said it for Spellbreakers if I didn't have my head up my own a** for that because (WOO MESMER COUNTER)

> And I'll say it again. Buff the class if it is weak, but let's not forget the kind of game we're playing.

Spellbreakers at least don't sit on a point, they are a power class and mainly a roamer kind, even if used well they can hold more people to a point.

Dragonhunter were annoying but with one dodge, and then another you had a way to counter it.

What about scourge, what you dodge? The animations are impossible to see and 2 dodges are not enough because of all that low cooldowns they have.

Firebrand even if support it's just too much, a good firebrand can hold 2 people no problem and they cannot kill him, and probably 3 people for quite some time, but at least he does no damage and you just ignore him most of the times, but if a firebrand camp your close and 2 scourge 1 camp mid and the other camp far you are forced to face him and it's annoying.

I think the best way to fix scourge is to not nerf it but "change it" all the suggestions ive seen (give casting times, make skills proc delayed) would make the specialization garbage tier...although i agree scourge is OP in current state i also think that its a class that currently tweaking the "numbers" will never fix the class

what id like to see is scourge skills be buffed(now hear me out i dont mean just buff as is but Buff the effect per skill) but that the lifeforce cost for each skill would require a vast amount of LF meaning spamming them is not only hard to do but impossible.... for example if i choose to pop f2 it could cast basically well of corrupt(thats moveable obviously) but corrupts multiple times for a given duration via pulses ( this would cost like 40% of DS or something and moving it does have a cast) or the barrier skill which would actually give a meaningful amount of barrier maybe give it some skill to use (more barrier when cast below 50% health)

basically giving more cost at higher reward to scourge rather then the spam happy condition its in now.......u just basically spam all the skills when around a enemy regardless of the situation which is awful.

NOTE- alot of these posts calling for a nerf to scourge mention the scourge + firebrand combo......i want to point out the only current good answer to firebrand is scourge....so if you nerf 1 the other needs to be balanced as well...

this all comes from a necro main that has played plenty of hours on scorage and actively plays reaper instead..

> @"Nova.3817" said:

> what id like to see is scourge skills be buffed(now hear me out i dont mean just buff as is but Buff the effect per skill) but that the lifeforce cost for each skill would require a vast amount of LF meaning spamming them is not only hard to do but impossible....

See, like, I'm fine with this. If you have a huge nuke but you take a lot of resources to cast it, I wouldnt mind because I can play around that.

The problem though, is balancing in this way going to invalidate scourge? If they whiff, are they just going to die or is there some way for them to adjust for a missed cast?

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @"Nova.3817" said:

> > what id like to see is scourge skills be buffed(now hear me out i dont mean just buff as is but Buff the effect per skill) but that the lifeforce cost for each skill would require a vast amount of LF meaning spamming them is not only hard to do but impossible....

>

>

> See, like, I'm fine with this. If you have a huge nuke but you take a lot of resources to cast it, I wouldnt mind because I can play around that.

>

> The problem though, is balancing in this way going to invalidate scourge? If they whiff, are they just going to die or is there some way for them to adjust for a missed cast?

like i said maybe make the barrier given via f3 (more impactful).... also the traits would need to be balanced around this using a single f ability as more of a closer or a clinch safe playstyle more then spammy spam spam... maybe make it so the last pulse on f2 gives some life force back ( meaning there is more reason to move the shroud on top of your opponent OR run into melee which could be deadly for the scourage) im just throwing ideas out there lol

in a nutshell i would just like the shord abilities to be super impactful on there own but picking which to use in a given scenerio is not always so black and white.......as oppose to now which is just spam f2-f5 till win

I'm sick of bad pve players who don't know how to put condi clear in a spec complaining about scourge. Honestly the only annoying thing about Scourge, or any necro for that matter, is the stupid staff fear.

Is Scourge strong, yes, but it's not as bad as other classes. It's just noobs don't know what condi clear is because they are to worried about doing damage. You can't take a glass cannon spec against a scourge or mesmer, or any class for that reason, and expect to live longer than 3 seconds.