Legendary Weapons

> @"Sithis.3564" said:

> > @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> > Legendary weapons should be more powerfull, period.. heard many excuses on why they are not.

> > I made the Shining Blade.. nice sword.. but this will be the last one, its simply not worth it.. don't care how "shiny" it is.

> >

>

> No they should not.

Give me a good reason why not ?

> @"Tanven.6187" said:

> I'm confused about something. I got the kudzu vol 1 and I am 2 pieces short of the Kudzu 1: The Experimental Longbow achievement (need the 2 fractal items- dandelion and red iris). I decided to try my hand at the mystic forge and got the Leaf of Kudzu after about 5 tries. So now what? Kudzu vol 2 is not unlocked even though I have the Master of Legends ability. Requirement is also to craft the first tier of the precursor. Maybe the Leaf of Kudzu is not the precursor and something is crafted from that? Do I still need to complete the achievement in order to get recipes? Just looking for a push in the right direction.

Prepare for the next level, I guess.

You can actually own multiple g1 precursors and legendaries (there is an achievement for owning two of the same, BTW). The precursor that you are currently crafting can still be made even with a different pre with the same name in your inventory. You don't have to finish it, and most people who are favored with such luck normally do not. But you have the option of continuing the journey and making one to use or sell, however you wish.

Speaking as one who completed every Legendary Weapon journey, some are worth it IMO and some are definitely not. With Kudzu, you get access to a personal garden in Mount Maelstrom which you can harvest daily. With Colossus, you get an Ooze buddy that gives you a metallic shine, Chupa nets you a tiger on your back, and Moot adds consumables to world bosses drops.

Level 2 is the most grindiest, but it also helps preserves the value of the pres that are on the market. Good luck on your journey, whether crafting or not.

> @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> > @"Sithis.3564" said:

> > > @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> > > Legendary weapons should be more powerfull, period.. heard many excuses on why they are not.

> > > I made the Shining Blade.. nice sword.. but this will be the last one, its simply not worth it.. don't care how "shiny" it is.

> > >

> >

> > No they should not.

>

> Give me a good reason why not ?

>

>

This game was created as not having a gear grind like others and being more cosmetic. Having legendaries with better stats would shift them from being optional to “required” to many people for some content.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Sithis.3564" said:

> > > > @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> > > > Legendary weapons should be more powerfull, period.. heard many excuses on why they are not.

> > > > I made the Shining Blade.. nice sword.. but this will be the last one, its simply not worth it.. don't care how "shiny" it is.

> > > >

> > >

> > > No they should not.

> >

> > Give me a good reason why not ?

> >

> >

>

> This game was created as not having a gear grind like others and being more cosmetic. Having legendaries with better stats would shift them from being optional to “required” to many people for some content.

You can do ALL content with exotics.. so the required argument is simply wrong, ím ""stuck"" with 8 chars on ascended for a long time simply because of the "gear grind" .. maybe and just *maybe* if legendary armour was stronger / better it would convince me to go for it.

The grind is allready here, and the *required* would only come from the selective few -elistist- who would demand legendary for whatever reason.

People have cleared raids in exotics, don't tell me Legy's for any content is a *must*.

So this is not a valid excuse, the cost is ridiculous compared to ascended.. yeh yeh the shiny is nice ;) .. but would it really hurt to put a bit of more stats on it, no it would not, you put a crazy amount of gold, materials and time in it and you get a ascended weapon.... in purple.

> @"Tanven.6187" said:

> I'm confused about something. I got the kudzu vol 1 and I am 2 pieces short of the Kudzu 1: The Experimental Longbow achievement (need the 2 fractal items- dandelion and red iris). I decided to try my hand at the mystic forge and got the Leaf of Kudzu after about 5 tries. So now what? Kudzu vol 2 is not unlocked even though I have the Master of Legends ability. Requirement is also to craft the first tier of the precursor. Maybe the Leaf of Kudzu is not the precursor and something is crafted from that? Do I still need to complete the achievement in order to get recipes? Just looking for a push in the right direction.

Volume 2 will only unlock if you complete Volume 1, and you don't get the precursor until you've completed Volume 3. You basically have three options here.

- Enjoy your lucky forge drop for the precursor and stop working on the precursor collection to work on the materials needed to craft the legendary. This will save you a lot of coin, but won't open the bonus content from the collections. You don't have to craft the Gen1 precursors if you obtain them in other ways, like you have here.

- Sell the Leaf of Kudzu you got from the forge and use the coin to buy the materials needed for the next step in the collection. You'll lose coin you could otherwise get in this instance, but you'll still have the fun of the collections plus the bonus content, and you won't go broke or mad trying to buy or gather the materials for the Vol. 2 part of the collection.

- Both keep the Leaf of Kudzu you got from the forge _and_ complete the collection; build two Kudzus for the Twice-Told Legend Collection. I'd really only do this if you want a legendary longbow for two different characters and really, _really_ hate to shuffle things between them. The coin you can get for selling it is enough to make a real dent in a legendary it makes more sense to have two of (like the dagger) or to buy two of the cheapest precursors outright with lots of coin leftover (like the trident) if you want the Twice-Told achievement.

Editing to add, you could build both of them, keep one, and sell the other legendary for a greater amount of gold. You'll have to check whether that would be more profitable than selling the precursor over the expense of crafting the second legendary.

> @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Sithis.3564" said:

> > > > > @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> > > > > Legendary weapons should be more powerfull, period.. heard many excuses on why they are not.

> > > > > I made the Shining Blade.. nice sword.. but this will be the last one, its simply not worth it.. don't care how "shiny" it is.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > No they should not.

> > >

> > > Give me a good reason why not ?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > This game was created as not having a gear grind like others and being more cosmetic. Having legendaries with better stats would shift them from being optional to “required” to many people for some content.

>

> You can do ALL content with exotics.. so the required argument is simply wrong, ím ""stuck"" with 8 chars on ascended for a long time simply because of the "gear grind" .. maybe and just *maybe* if legendary armour was stronger / better it would convince me to go for it.

>

> The grind is allready here, and the *required* would only come from the selective few -elistist- who would demand legendary for whatever reason.

> People have cleared raids in exotics, don't tell me Legy's for any content is a *must*.

>

> So this is not a valid excuse, the cost is ridiculous compared to ascended.. yeh yeh the shiny is nice ;) .. but would it really hurt to put a bit of more stats on it, no it would not, you put a crazy amount of gold, materials and time in it and you get a ascended weapon.... in purple.

Players will find ways to filter others. If people make such a fuss about meta builds then it’s not that unbelievable that they’d use legendaries as a “requirement” if it offered an advantage. Just look at your example about people having cleared raids in exotics. How likely are you to get a group without ascended?

That said, this wasn’t my only reason given in the post.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> > > > > @"Sithis.3564" said:

> > > > > > @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> > > > > > Legendary weapons should be more powerfull, period.. heard many excuses on why they are not.

> > > > > > I made the Shining Blade.. nice sword.. but this will be the last one, its simply not worth it.. don't care how "shiny" it is.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No they should not.

> > > >

> > > > Give me a good reason why not ?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > This game was created as not having a gear grind like others and being more cosmetic. Having legendaries with better stats would shift them from being optional to “required” to many people for some content.

> >

> > You can do ALL content with exotics.. so the required argument is simply wrong, ím ""stuck"" with 8 chars on ascended for a long time simply because of the "gear grind" .. maybe and just *maybe* if legendary armour was stronger / better it would convince me to go for it.

> >

> > The grind is allready here, and the *required* would only come from the selective few -elistist- who would demand legendary for whatever reason.

> > People have cleared raids in exotics, don't tell me Legy's for any content is a *must*.

> >

> > So this is not a valid excuse, the cost is ridiculous compared to ascended.. yeh yeh the shiny is nice ;) .. but would it really hurt to put a bit of more stats on it, no it would not, you put a crazy amount of gold, materials and time in it and you get a ascended weapon.... in purple.

>

> Players will find ways to filter others. If people make such a fuss about meta builds then it’s not that unbelievable that they’d use legendaries as a “requirement” if it offered an advantage. Just look at your example about people having cleared raids in exotics. How likely are you to get a group without ascended?

>

> That said, this wasn’t my only reason given in the post.

Fair enough i get that, but i don't raid.. barely play WvW or PvP, its been a while actually.. just boggles me that in every game i played everyone would be able to do *endgame* content.. if players start to dictate whats *required* or not.. thats just a sad state of things.

But ill drop it, its not even worth arguing because i suspect arenanet wil *never* improve (stats) legendary's or lower the cost.

Like OP says, this will be my last legendary, doesn't bother me at all, no change, no more money from me.. thats a fact. B)

> @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> Legendary weapons should be more powerfull, period.. heard many excuses on why they are not.

> I made the Shining Blade.. nice sword.. but this will be the last one, its simply not worth it.. don't care how "shiny" it is.

>

Sounds like something that is 100% your fault for failing to do research.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > Legendary weapons should be more powerfull, period.. heard many excuses on why they are not.

> > I made the Shining Blade.. nice sword.. but this will be the last one, its simply not worth it.. don't care how "shiny" it is.

> >

>

> Sounds like something that is 100% your fault for failing to do research.

No no, i knew what i was getting into, had the mats (most of it) and gold, so why not.. so no fault at all.

> @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > Legendary weapons should be more powerfull, period.. heard many excuses on why they are not.

> > > I made the Shining Blade.. nice sword.. but this will be the last one, its simply not worth it.. don't care how "shiny" it is.

> > >

> >

> > Sounds like something that is 100% your fault for failing to do research.

>

> No no, i knew what i was getting into, had the mats (most of it) and gold, so why not.. so no fault at all.

>

So you knew it wasn't worth it even before you started yet you went and spent all the resource on it anyway. Are you sure you are okay? Do you need to seek help about questionable spending habits?

Lauren Tablet and Taelac. Thanks for all the info and options.

I think I'll just bank the leaf, do the collections, play the game and see where I am in a few months. Not interested in the grind aspect. Plus I'll need to accumulate a bit of gold, materials and complete the 100% exploration gift.

Thanks again.