What happen to JQ?

cpchow.7416

> @"xarallei.4279" said:

> And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG?

Because most people probably realize that having to deal with two overstacked servers is less fun than having to deal with one, and that the people JQ will be pulling to get there will come from the already underpopulated servers?

Beyond that, there's probably a general revulsion to the notion of gaming a system to achieve a result that people have complained about almost since launch. Lopsided populations and coverage.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server

> @"Titan.3472" said:

> JQ is going ALL-IN and it may be the final nail in the coffin for them as T1 server...

Already two years ago we knew something was wrong when BG and YB were opening and JQ was not. One of our World Leaders asked around Anet and a Dev said to him, "Never JQ". I guess in their eye's we monopolized T1 for too long. It was easy to dismiss it as tinfoil hat material and say "nah, they'd never do that". But, after the past two years, it's becoming more believable.

JQ can stand at T1 for long time coz SEA TZ Carry B)

look those JQ SEA guilds : FOO cA Fug SYN TGa WvW WE MERC TPA Dent "

And now only TPA tho "

The last straw is FOO leave and JQ SYN Guild Drama disband "

JQ is TC 2.0 now but weak than that time

JQ leadership still blind and tell ppl when JQ open we gonna RISE again :p

" No one play Server Loyalty in 2018 now and just for fight. Wheres fight where i am "

> @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Missy.7356" said:

> > > >Q: When will my world be open?

> > > >A: This depends on the players on that world. If players transfer to a different world or **stop** playing for a period then they no longer will affect the thresholds and the world could open back up.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Looks like they already made their minds up. Well played or not played you get my meaning, enjoy the honeymoon period :)

> >

> > Except in the same post:

> >

> > *Q: Are thresholds based on the top populated world?

> > A: Yes and no. When we adjust thresholds, we always take into consideration the worlds that have the highest population and play hours and make sure they are “Full”. However, the thresholds do not change based on the biggest worlds because this could be more easily manipulated by players, where they purposely do not play for several weeks to lower their population and open the world back up.*

> >

> > So.... maybe they HAVE made up their mind.

>

> Which just means that a ton of people will not be coming back to the game. WvW is busted and ANET just announced they will not fix it.

>

>

Whats worse is that that policy actually makes WvW worse because it means the population is continually in decline, never increasing.

> @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > @"xarallei.4279" said:

> > And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG?

>

> Because most people probably realize that having to deal with two overstacked servers is less fun than having to deal with one, and that the people JQ will be pulling to get there will come from the already underpopulated servers?

>

> Beyond that, there's probably a general revulsion to the notion of gaming a system to achieve a result that people have complained about almost since launch. Lopsided populations and coverage.

>

2 overstacked servers is objectively better than both 1 and 3 (because of 1u1d)...

Because only 1 server suffers instead of 2 every week on average

Such flawed system

On second thought, you must be from BG

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> jq on t4 is over kill though. we at nsp are only few and have to resort to waypointing when seeing them.

>

> -Xd

Been there....

When you want to play a mmo game and u have 10 players or sometimes even less.... vs full stacked server in 1 blob... much skill....

servers figthing JQ need to stop cap back.

Stale the gameplay for them and for ANet.

Kill them with boredness xD

That is why im not loggin in every one shoudl do the same.

> @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> > @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > > @"xarallei.4279" said:

> > > And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG?

> >

> > Because most people probably realize that having to deal with two overstacked servers is less fun than having to deal with one, and that the people JQ will be pulling to get there will come from the already underpopulated servers?

> >

> > Beyond that, there's probably a general revulsion to the notion of gaming a system to achieve a result that people have complained about almost since launch. Lopsided populations and coverage.

> >

>

> 2 overstacked servers is objectively better than both 1 and 3 (because of 1u1d)...

>

> Because only 1 server suffers instead of 2 every week on average

>

> Such flawed system

>

> On second thought, you must be from BG

I don't find fighting BG to be much different than fighting other servers, but then I don't participate in Blob Wars 2. Their bl is usually as dead as anyone else's these days, and their players aren't any better or worse.

But, no, I'd rather not have JQ deplete other servers just so it can feel important again.

Obviously, none of us know what the impact would actually be. Maybe the draw would be limited and nobody would notice. Or maybe it would be huge to the point that JQ gains a huge population and we're right back here a few months from now with BG players gaming to get their server unlocked.

Regardless, I don't love that JQ is selfishly trying to game the system to do what caused the problem in the first place.

> @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> > > @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > > > @"xarallei.4279" said:

> > > > And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG?

> > >

> > > Because most people probably realize that having to deal with two overstacked servers is less fun than having to deal with one, and that the people JQ will be pulling to get there will come from the already underpopulated servers?

> > >

> > > Beyond that, there's probably a general revulsion to the notion of gaming a system to achieve a result that people have complained about almost since launch. Lopsided populations and coverage.

> > >

> >

> > 2 overstacked servers is objectively better than both 1 and 3 (because of 1u1d)...

> >

> > Because only 1 server suffers instead of 2 every week on average

> >

> > Such flawed system

> >

> > On second thought, you must be from BG

>

> I don't find fighting BG to be much different than fighting other servers, but then I don't participate in Blob Wars 2. Their bl is usually as dead as anyone else's these days, and their players aren't any better or worse.

>

> But, no, I'd rather not have JQ deplete other servers just so it can feel important again.

>

> Obviously, none of us know what the impact would actually be. Maybe the draw would be limited and nobody would notice. Or maybe it would be huge to the point that JQ gains a huge population and we're right back here a few months from now with BG players gaming to get their server unlocked.

>

> Regardless, I don't love that JQ is selfishly trying to game the system to do what caused the problem in the first place.

What else is JQ supposed to do? BG is certainly never going to fix themselves. So to compete with them JQ has to bring in more players in every time zone than JQ currently has. That is the way the game mode is designed. ANET let (and even encrouraged) BG to become even more overstacked than JQ ever was. Just because of their hatred of JQ.

ANET's hatred of JQ is misplaced. If they were honest with themselves they would admit that it's their own pathetic design that created the problems we have now and have always had. And now WvW is even worse.

Good designers don't blame the players.

> > @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> > > > @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > > > > @"xarallei.4279" said:

> > > > > And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG?

> > > >

> > > > Because most people probably realize that having to deal with two overstacked servers is less fun than having to deal with one, and that the people JQ will be pulling to get there will come from the already underpopulated servers?

> > > >

> > > > Beyond that, there's probably a general revulsion to the notion of gaming a system to achieve a result that people have complained about almost since launch. Lopsided populations and coverage.

> > > >

> > >

> > > 2 overstacked servers is objectively better than both 1 and 3 (because of 1u1d)...

> > >

> > > Because only 1 server suffers instead of 2 every week on average

> > >

> > > Such flawed system

> > >

> > > On second thought, you must be from BG

> >

> > I don't find fighting BG to be much different than fighting other servers, but then I don't participate in Blob Wars 2. Their bl is usually as dead as anyone else's these days, and their players aren't any better or worse.

> >

> > But, no, I'd rather not have JQ deplete other servers just so it can feel important again.

> >

> > Obviously, none of us know what the impact would actually be. Maybe the draw would be limited and nobody would notice. Or maybe it would be huge to the point that JQ gains a huge population and we're right back here a few months from now with BG players gaming to get their server unlocked.

> >

> > Regardless, I don't love that JQ is selfishly trying to game the system to do what caused the problem in the first place.

>

> What else is JQ supposed to do? BG is certainly never going to fix themselves. So to compete with them JQ has to bring in more players in every time zone than JQ currently has. That is the way the game mode is designed. ANET let (and even encrouraged) BG to become even more overstacked than JQ ever was. Just because of their hatred of JQ.

>

> ANET's hatred of JQ is misplaced. If they were honest with themselves they would admit that it's their own pathetic design that created the problems we have now and have always had. And now WvW is even worse.

>

> Good designers don't blame the players.

I don't blame JQ for wanting to do it, but I'm not particularly inclined to support the idea either, seeing as it's all the other servers they'll be stepping on to get there.

I also don't buy the whole, "Anet hates JQ but loooves BG" thing. Frankly, I don't see how anyone could have that level of emotion tied to server identity, but certainly not people involved with the game as a job.

And it's a bit rich to criticize Anet for not designing a system that constrains player behaviour while simultaneously supporting a collective effort to game the system they designed to do exactly that.

> @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > > @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > > > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> > > > > @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > > > > > @"xarallei.4279" said:

> > > > > > And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because most people probably realize that having to deal with two overstacked servers is less fun than having to deal with one, and that the people JQ will be pulling to get there will come from the already underpopulated servers?

> > > > >

> > > > > Beyond that, there's probably a general revulsion to the notion of gaming a system to achieve a result that people have complained about almost since launch. Lopsided populations and coverage.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > 2 overstacked servers is objectively better than both 1 and 3 (because of 1u1d)...

> > > >

> > > > Because only 1 server suffers instead of 2 every week on average

> > > >

> > > > Such flawed system

> > > >

> > > > On second thought, you must be from BG

> > >

> > > I don't find fighting BG to be much different than fighting other servers, but then I don't participate in Blob Wars 2. Their bl is usually as dead as anyone else's these days, and their players aren't any better or worse.

> > >

> > > But, no, I'd rather not have JQ deplete other servers just so it can feel important again.

> > >

> > > Obviously, none of us know what the impact would actually be. Maybe the draw would be limited and nobody would notice. Or maybe it would be huge to the point that JQ gains a huge population and we're right back here a few months from now with BG players gaming to get their server unlocked.

> > >

> > > Regardless, I don't love that JQ is selfishly trying to game the system to do what caused the problem in the first place.

> >

> > What else is JQ supposed to do? BG is certainly never going to fix themselves. So to compete with them JQ has to bring in more players in every time zone than JQ currently has. That is the way the game mode is designed. ANET let (and even encrouraged) BG to become even more overstacked than JQ ever was. Just because of their hatred of JQ.

> >

> > ANET's hatred of JQ is misplaced. If they were honest with themselves they would admit that it's their own pathetic design that created the problems we have now and have always had. And now WvW is even worse.

> >

> > Good designers don't blame the players.

>

> I don't blame JQ for wanting to do it, but I'm not particularly inclined to support the idea either, seeing as it's all the other servers they'll be stepping on to get there.

>

> I also don't buy the whole, "Anet hates JQ but loooves BG" thing. Frankly, I don't see how anyone could have that level of emotion tied to server identity, but certainly not people involved with the game as a job.

>

> And it's a bit rich to criticize Anet for not designing a system that constrains player behaviour while simultaneously supporting a collective effort to game the system they designed to do exactly that.

ANET blames JQ for ruining WvW. And has for a long time. Talk to some old time leaders for proof - actual conversations with them.

Personally, I don't care about that. I just want a game mode that works. I would prefer they fix WvW but that obviously isn't going to happen.

WvW's design is horrible as the current state of the game mode attests to. Since it's pretty obvious that they will never fix it (5 years of this should be proof enough of that truth) then they need to get off their high horse and let people play the way it's been played from the beginning. Which is tanking / stacking. Garbage way to design a game but if they aren't going to change it then they should get out of the way.

If you like the status quo (BG and no one else) so much, that's your prerogative. But it's short sighted.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

>

> So... People complained for months about BG bandwagoning and that Anet didn't do anything about it and should have known. They learn, work to keep it from happening again, (i.e. Actually listening to the vocal player base) and now they are terrible?

>

>

Because the result of their mistake is still there in all its bloated glory: BG. And there is nobody to fight them seriously. Historically, JQ has done so. Now it wants to try and do it again.

> @"SkyFallsInThunder.8257" said:

> > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

> >

> > So... People complained for months about BG bandwagoning and that Anet didn't do anything about it and should have known. They learn, work to keep it from happening again, (i.e. Actually listening to the vocal player base) and now they are terrible?

> >

> >

>

> Because the result of their mistake is still there in all its bloated glory: BG. And there is nobody to fight them seriously. Historically, JQ has done so. Now it wants to try and do it again.

That I can understand. However, it is being proclaimed as the only way to 'save' JQ.

And one of your chief spokesman is, let's just say, the architect of multiple 'successes' in WvW.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"SkyFallsInThunder.8257" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > > I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

> > >

> > > So... People complained for months about BG bandwagoning and that Anet didn't do anything about it and should have known. They learn, work to keep it from happening again, (i.e. Actually listening to the vocal player base) and now they are terrible?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Because the result of their mistake is still there in all its bloated glory: BG. And there is nobody to fight them seriously. Historically, JQ has done so. Now it wants to try and do it again.

>

> That I can understand. However, it is being proclaimed as the only way to 'save' JQ.

>

> And one of your chief spokesman is, let's just say, the architect of multiple 'successes' in WvW.

The only ways to overstack to compete with BG is to either get your server opened and have massive timed transfer before Anet can react or.....

Recuit from PvE, and we all know how well that works out.

There is a third option and that is to get Anet to change WvW and that works out less than the PvE method.

There is also a fourth option and that is to wait for BG to de-stack and well......

> @"Swamurabi.7890" said:

> > > @"SkyFallsInThunder.8257" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"Roxanne.6140" said:

> > > > > I am right. It is indeed all manual and there is a tom harry making judgement calls behind the screen. That can be the only answer. This means that JQ is a blacklisted full server even though fights have said otherwise. Hence the tom makes judgement calls based on what forum goers say and what he feels. And rumours lmao.

> > > >

> > > > So... People complained for months about BG bandwagoning and that Anet didn't do anything about it and should have known. They learn, work to keep it from happening again, (i.e. Actually listening to the vocal player base) and now they are terrible?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Because the result of their mistake is still there in all its bloated glory: BG. And there is nobody to fight them seriously. Historically, JQ has done so. Now it wants to try and do it again.

> >

> > That I can understand. However, it is being proclaimed as the only way to 'save' JQ.

> >

> > And one of your chief spokesman is, let's just say, the architect of multiple 'successes' in WvW.

>

> The only ways to overstack to compete with BG is to either get your server opened and have massive timed transfer before Anet can react or.....

> Recuit from PvE, and we all know how well that works out.

> There is a third option and that is to get Anet to change WvW and that works out less than the PvE method.

> There is also a fourth option and that is to wait for BG to de-stack and well......

Do you think BG still has 13 active and organized guilds?

> > @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > > @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > > > @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > > > > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> > > > > > @"Choppy.4183" said:

> > > > > > > @"xarallei.4279" said:

> > > > > > > And I'm not sure why people are complaining about JQ wanting to open the server. Why not have someone that can challenge BG?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because most people probably realize that having to deal with two overstacked servers is less fun than having to deal with one, and that the people JQ will be pulling to get there will come from the already underpopulated servers?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Beyond that, there's probably a general revulsion to the notion of gaming a system to achieve a result that people have complained about almost since launch. Lopsided populations and coverage.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > 2 overstacked servers is objectively better than both 1 and 3 (because of 1u1d)...

> > > > >

> > > > > Because only 1 server suffers instead of 2 every week on average

> > > > >

> > > > > Such flawed system

> > > > >

> > > > > On second thought, you must be from BG

> > > >

> > > > I don't find fighting BG to be much different than fighting other servers, but then I don't participate in Blob Wars 2. Their bl is usually as dead as anyone else's these days, and their players aren't any better or worse.

> > > >

> > > > But, no, I'd rather not have JQ deplete other servers just so it can feel important again.

> > > >

> > > > Obviously, none of us know what the impact would actually be. Maybe the draw would be limited and nobody would notice. Or maybe it would be huge to the point that JQ gains a huge population and we're right back here a few months from now with BG players gaming to get their server unlocked.

> > > >

> > > > Regardless, I don't love that JQ is selfishly trying to game the system to do what caused the problem in the first place.

> > >

> > > What else is JQ supposed to do? BG is certainly never going to fix themselves. So to compete with them JQ has to bring in more players in every time zone than JQ currently has. That is the way the game mode is designed. ANET let (and even encrouraged) BG to become even more overstacked than JQ ever was. Just because of their hatred of JQ.

> > >

> > > ANET's hatred of JQ is misplaced. If they were honest with themselves they would admit that it's their own pathetic design that created the problems we have now and have always had. And now WvW is even worse.

> > >

> > > Good designers don't blame the players.

> >

> > I don't blame JQ for wanting to do it, but I'm not particularly inclined to support the idea either, seeing as it's all the other servers they'll be stepping on to get there.

> >

> > I also don't buy the whole, "Anet hates JQ but loooves BG" thing. Frankly, I don't see how anyone could have that level of emotion tied to server identity, but certainly not people involved with the game as a job.

> >

> > And it's a bit rich to criticize Anet for not designing a system that constrains player behaviour while simultaneously supporting a collective effort to game the system they designed to do exactly that.

>

> ANET blames JQ for ruining WvW. And has for a long time. Talk to some old time leaders for proof - actual conversations with them.

>

So why don't they hate BG for ruining current day WvW?

I’m up against them on crystal desert. Honestly, they may just have lost interest due to northern shiverpeaks having a 50 man Zerg on seemingly every map and brute forcing their way through everything with numbers. Jq had a pretty big Zerg at like 3 am this morning though which was the largest I’ve seen so far this matchup. At least Northern Shiverpeaks doesn’t seem to hate your server as much.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> I’m up against them on crystal desert. Honestly, they may just have lost interest due to northern shiverpeaks having a 50 man Zerg on seemingly every map and brute forcing their way through everything with numbers. Jq had a pretty big Zerg at like 3 am this morning though which was the largest I’ve seen so far this matchup. At least Northern Shiverpeaks doesn’t seem to hate your server as much.

what what? 50 man zerg? na?

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> T4 is where all the greatest solo zergbusting theorycrafting soulbeasts, deadeyes, and core mesmers duke it out.

>

> Once you enter wood league, the wood league never leaves you.

> @"shiri.4257" said:

> T4 is where all the greatest solo zergbusting theorycrafting soulbeasts, deadeyes, and core mesmers duke it out.

>

> Once you enter wood league, the wood league never leaves you.

so so true. =) nsp is fun =3