Possible Terrible Change Coming to Power Reverent 12/12

otto.5684

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > @"thebatman.6250" said:

> > > > > @"Halikus.1406" said:

> > > >

> > > > > Said the guy who accepts everything anet does with a smile on the face. I respect you as a player Bryan but now you deserve an answer...

> > > > > We complaint because we're tired of receiving nerfs in every single patch. I don't know about the others but I'm sick of having to adjust my build and gameplay every time anet screws us over with some unnecessary and undeserved nerf when there are thousand other things that begs for their attention desperately. They could pretty much open a channel to chat with players and discuss things over instead of "balance" things based purely on numbers, which is clearly not working, or they could, and should tbh, focus on fixing the hundreds of problems and bugs the class still carries since launch.

> > > > > When they do something right I will praise them for sure, like the OH sword rework which was needed but carried out in a bad way, but when they don't then I will call for improvements of course. I love my class and I want it to be competitive with others but the way the class is now the only people playing are the truly skilled players, because the class is not attractive at all for new players in spvp/wvw. We need twice the effort compared to other classes to perform well and avoid dropping dead at any second by bursts with little to no tell. If they fix the terrible balance we have now while nerfing and or fixing everything not only revs then I will gladly accept it, but if they don't I just ask for them to turn their focus somewhere else and stop gutting revs in every single patch.

> > > >

> > > > Slow your roll on that first bit m80. I have my fair share of issues with whats happening to this class just as much as the rest of you. So between you, me, and anyone who reads my shitposts. I'm doing what I can with what I have and making it work to best of my ability.

> > > >

> > > > The grim reality we have to accept is that revenant will not be optimal to run in sPvP until 1 of 2 criteria are met:

> > > >

> > > > 1. Nerf Scourges condition output into the ground

> > > > 2. Add more sustain to the Herald Specialization

> > > >

> > > > Once either of those are met we will be able to be optimal in the _**CURRENT**_ meta game. However we need to look at the long term and what we will be dealing with after this season. The responses on this thread are well within the hyperbolic. This is the first and only season, so far, where Revenant wasn't an optimal class to pick for sPvP. Yeah the class is in a rough spot. But so has every other class in this game.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Today I learned we're supposed to celebrate every nerf our mains get in GW2

> > > >

> > > > C L O W N F I E S T A

> > >

> > > Revenant has been in a less than optimal B tier spot for several seasons now.

> >

> > ... and that's never been a compelling reason for Anet to do anything anyways ... so while you all think that's a terrible thing and a valid point, it really isn't. Anet has no reason to chase meta on one class, just to end up having to repeat the fool's errand to do so on another.

>

> Um I never said any of that kitten you said? I just pointed out another comment's error.

I was just clarifying for you the post because as you admit here, in simply pointing out the error, it appears you missed that point ... and it's a really one because it recognizes that things change and what isn't good today could be good tomorrow. ... and that good players take what they get and do the best with what they got instead of constantly pleading and complaining that things are terrible for them.

Why do they balance? Because they have an idea of how they want the game to work and what they want the classes to do. It might be more obscure but there are other reasons to make changes to things other than overall performance.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Revs stuck in a B spot for several seasons not because of damage output but because of its trash tier condi cleansing capabilities outside of ventari. Add in how rampant scourge is and any other condi spec for that matter and revs get thrashed without support to cleanse. Literally the safest option for revs that are in condi rampant scourge games is to either switch class or slap on hammer and avoid going melee. If ppl want something it should be condi cleanse outside of ventari and staff actual condi cleansing not more resistance or things that lower incoming damage from condis.

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > Yeah this is pointless. Clearly does not know how to play Equilibrium rev and just died a lot to it lol

> >

> > Just jump in with your secondary legend (guessing you mean Shiro), like phase Traversal isn't 35 energy! Don't even worry about it, weapon skills don't need energy! You'll get Equilibrium by waiting around for your 50 energy to come back! I guess thieves never run out of initiative in your world too. Idk what enemies you fight that let you sit and auto while waiting for energy, but it's not representative of a competent enemy, stop acting like it is.

>

> Oh, your only option to attack someone was to teleport to them? I mean sure. Thats an option or you could use the perma swiftness and a dodge to get pretty much on top of most people either way would work. Though my view point again comes from WvW and Roaming at that, I tend to be a player that doesnt waste abilities to get into range if they dont even know you're about to attack them, so...

>

>

If you actually look at Equil as a 10sec CD, you clearly weren't an above average rev. Agreeing with Boop, you want to be using as much as your shiro energy aggressively or defensively (riposting) you should almost never be above 50% to swap into Glint and if you are, its to use Jade effectively before swapping. So yes, its a 20sec CD.

> @"Lalainnia.3598" said:

> Revs stuck in a B spot for several seasons not because of damage output but because of its trash tier condi cleansing capabilities outside of ventari. Add in how rampant scourge is and any other condi spec for that matter and revs get thrashed without support to cleanse. Literally the safest option for revs that are in condi rampant scourge games is to either switch class or slap on hammer and avoid going melee. If ppl want something it should be condi cleanse outside of ventari and staff actual condi cleansing not more resistance or things that lower incoming damage from condis.

Rev will be B tier until something is done about how broken portal is (it won't) and/or how strong Mesmer is 1v1 (also won't be nerfed since they consider them their "dueling class.") I guess rev did sort of get a little promotion to B+ on the last round of nerfs when they rekt unhindered combatant tho.

TBH, Scourges are sort of not really the problem... Yes, they're no-skill and face-roll, but they're manageable--even w/o going laugh-at-me-hammer-mode. The problem is when the scourge has a support FB with them, who you literally can't stop from rezzing the scourge the first time it goes down due to their double bubble mass stability cheese... So the scourge always gets to get back up with full life-force and f5 off cooldown at least once in the fight. If anything, they should take a look at nerfing the power rez, which has been out of control for quite some time now (even way before PoF). That would indirectly knock scourges down a few pegs.

And I'd still definitely rather fight a team with scourges/fb supports on it than one with a good mirage, which is literally uncounterable by any class (except by another, better mirage). Their carry potential is insane... And, no matter how good you are, unless they make a mistake or get greedy or something, they're the only class that you can't actually kill as a rev, only force them into retreat.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Lalainnia.3598" said:

> > Revs stuck in a B spot for several seasons not because of damage output but because of its trash tier condi cleansing capabilities outside of ventari. Add in how rampant scourge is and any other condi spec for that matter and revs get thrashed without support to cleanse. Literally the safest option for revs that are in condi rampant scourge games is to either switch class or slap on hammer and avoid going melee. If ppl want something it should be condi cleanse outside of ventari and staff actual condi cleansing not more resistance or things that lower incoming damage from condis.

>

> Rev will be B tier until something is done about how broken portal is (it won't) and/or how strong Mesmer is 1v1 (also won't be nerfed since they consider them their "dueling class.") I guess rev did sort of get a little promotion to B+ on the last round of nerfs when they rekt unhindered combatant tho.

>

> TBH, Scourges are sort of not really the problem... Yes, they're no-skill and face-roll, but they're manageable--even w/o going laugh-at-me-hammer-mode. The problem is when the scourge has a support FB with them, who you literally can't stop from rezzing the scourge the first time it goes down due to their double bubble mass stability cheese... So the scourge always gets to get back up with full life-force and f5 off cooldown at least once in the fight. If anything, they should take a look at nerfing the power rez, which has been out of control for quite some time now (even way before PoF). That would indirectly knock scourges down a few pegs.

>

> And I'd still definitely rather fight a team with scourges/fb supports on it than one with a good mirage, which is literally uncounterable by any class (except by another, better mirage). Their carry potential is insane... And, no matter how good you are, unless they make a mistake or get greedy or something, they're the only class that you can't actually kill as a rev, only force them into retreat.

Being able to dodge while CC'd and while casting is dumb as hell.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Lalainnia.3598" said:

> > > Revs stuck in a B spot for several seasons not because of damage output but because of its trash tier condi cleansing capabilities outside of ventari. Add in how rampant scourge is and any other condi spec for that matter and revs get thrashed without support to cleanse. Literally the safest option for revs that are in condi rampant scourge games is to either switch class or slap on hammer and avoid going melee. If ppl want something it should be condi cleanse outside of ventari and staff actual condi cleansing not more resistance or things that lower incoming damage from condis.

> >

> > Rev will be B tier until something is done about how broken portal is (it won't) and/or how strong Mesmer is 1v1 (also won't be nerfed since they consider them their "dueling class.") I guess rev did sort of get a little promotion to B+ on the last round of nerfs when they rekt unhindered combatant tho.

> >

> > TBH, Scourges are sort of not really the problem... Yes, they're no-skill and face-roll, but they're manageable--even w/o going laugh-at-me-hammer-mode. The problem is when the scourge has a support FB with them, who you literally can't stop from rezzing the scourge the first time it goes down due to their double bubble mass stability cheese... So the scourge always gets to get back up with full life-force and f5 off cooldown at least once in the fight. If anything, they should take a look at nerfing the power rez, which has been out of control for quite some time now (even way before PoF). That would indirectly knock scourges down a few pegs.

> >

> > And I'd still definitely rather fight a team with scourges/fb supports on it than one with a good mirage, which is literally uncounterable by any class (except by another, better mirage). Their carry potential is insane... And, no matter how good you are, unless they make a mistake or get greedy or something, they're the only class that you can't actually kill as a rev, only force them into retreat.

>

> Being able to dodge while CC'd and while casting is dumb as hell.

Don’t forget while also Channeling i.e. buffs and rezzes.