condi damage in the upcoming patch

Lexan.5930

so with anet telling us about condi changes coming, what do people want to see on necro?

I would like to see some changes to traits in curses. I would love to see lingering curse changed to increase the duration of all conditions applied or even as drastic as reducing the condi damage to +100 but applying a debuff to increase all condition damage on the target by 5% for everyone.

Torch feels great and im guessing harrowing wave will get its stacks reduced and duration increased and thats fine. In fact torch feels really great to use. Dagger offhand could use a change to something but i dont know exactly what since i dont really use it any more.

taking demonic lore off of the ICD in pve would be great please and thanks :).

What else do people wanna see?

I wouldn't expect alot of trait/utility changes as in that same thread they mentioned its more a mini balance update. But if your a Condi Scourge like most are then brace yourselves for impact as if the class comes out of this patch unscathed I will be extremely surprised.

My hope is that they do not do what Anet do best and nerf it into oblivion so that folks have to wait a few months before Scourge is made playable again.

They will nerf it to hell and back.....so much qq on the forums about scourge, just as there was for reaper before it was also nerfed to oblivion. People just don't like being killed by a necro and they will harp for change even if it isn't warranted.

Personally, I don't care that much about scourge it is not as fun to play as reaper. I would love reaper to be more viable without shroud dropping before a full rotation can be completed.

But what I hate most of all is that the necro class has been given good damage before each expansion.....then nerfed to the ground shortly after. Doesn't seem that fair imo, take the money then kill your class.

Yea I remember chill reaper getting hit hard. Scourge in PvP will get a hit anf that I honestly dont mind. Reaper getting some small buffs and scourge getting some balance will be fine.

Seeing Condi as a whole get balanced will change a lot in every game type and that will be super interesting to see

I'm willing to bet their big push is on burning mostly. Bleeding already does what they say conditions should do and the rest are much less significant for DPS. ... long ramp up with sustained damage. Burning on the other hand ... That's just a mistake they need to address, especially on FB, Ele and Berserker.

The changes from the way they've worded it would be a reduction in stacks but an increase in duration leading to equal dps. This is to remove the burstiness of some builds. Frankly nothing will change though if players either refuse to get off melee and onto classes that can deal with condition classes, necros in particular.

I'd just be happy if they reverted that "obstructed" bug (or intention)... either way, I'd like it gone, it's a severe handicap.

> @"xDudisx.5914" said:

> I think they will change torch 4.

There is objectively few things they can change on the necromancer to slow the condi ramp up.

- Torch 4

- Maybe _plagueland_ final pulse

- _Desert shroud_ reduce number of torment stack per hit but lengthen them

- CPC, reduce poison stack to 2 but poison last 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds

- _Epidemic_

This is honnestly all the skills that can be touch... And this would change nothing to the current situation in PvE/PvP/WvW

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"xDudisx.5914" said:

> > I think they will change torch 4.

>

> There is objectively few things they can change on the necromancer to slow the condi ramp up.

> - Torch 4

> - Maybe _plagueland_ final pulse

> - _Desert shroud_ reduce number of torment stack per hit but lengthen them

> - CPC, reduce poison stack to 2 but poison last 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds

> - _Epidemic_

>

> This is honnestly all the skills that can be touch... And this would change nothing to the current situation in PvE/PvP/WvW

You missed all punishment skills. Down to 1 stack for a longer time.

> @"Patrick.2987" said:

> And of course scepter 2+3

3 bleeds don't even do more damage than a single burn... why would you even change that? No... It would even end up being a buff if they were to change that...

As for scepter 3 I guess the would need to rework it or to change it back to power damage (Anet changing something back... lol)

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > And of course scepter 2+3

>

> 3 bleeds don't even do more damage than a single burn... why would you even change that? No... It would even end up being a buff if they were to change that...

> As for scepter 3 I guess the would need to rework it or to change it back to power damage (Anet changing something back... lol)

I would actually like to see a buff to bleed and a slight nerf to burn. Would bring base necro condi damage up and bring down the super bursty berzerker and then if they bring down confusion a little would bring down condi mirage a tad. Would help to balance out condi damage as a whole rather than having everything so focused on burning right now.

I think this will allow more time for people to heal or cleanse conditions. I genuinely think Burn Guards / Firebrands will be hit worst by this.

Wondering if after this, they'll move Dire ammys back into PvP?

Wish they would undo some of the Reaper nerfs, especially the Soul Spiral whirl nerf... that was uncalled for - an extremely telegraphed and avoidable condi burst.

with reaper being more of a power build i was ok with the coni nerf to the bleed from chill and soul spiral nerf. In pvp the poison helps with pressure if people try to heal before a cleanse.

I'm excited to see the changes cuz i would love to not get destroyed by burn guard burst combined with blind ><. PVE fights with phases will be interesting. Really dont wanna roll elle to be able to raid ><

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Patrick.2987" said:

> > And of course scepter 2+3

>

> 3 bleeds don't even do more damage than a single burn... why would you even change that? No... It would even end up being a buff if they were to change that...

> As for scepter 3 I guess the would need to rework it or to change it back to power damage (Anet changing something back... lol)

yeah im hoping its just a change to burning ticks and not overall condi.. FB can stack 16-20 stacks of fire on you now in an instant that tick for a LOT more than any other condi type.... but who knows.. may be time for a mass exodus... i hear WoW has a new expansion out

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> so with anet telling us about condi changes coming, what do people want to see on necro?

>

> I would like to see some changes to traits in curses. I would love to see lingering curse changed to increase the duration of all conditions applied or even as drastic as reducing the condi damage to +100 but applying a debuff to increase all condition damage on the target by 5% for everyone.

>

> Torch feels great and im guessing harrowing wave will get its stacks reduced and duration increased and thats fine. In fact torch feels really great to use. Dagger offhand could use a change to something but i dont know exactly what since i dont really use it any more.

>

> taking demonic lore off of the ICD in pve would be great please and thanks :).

>

> What else do people wanna see?

What do i wanna see, exactly what i read in the comments form developers.

I expect to do less condition burst in exchange to do more consistent DPS in the long run, perhaps, with all the condition dependancy from a viper scourge, will put the class in a more suitable position into raids.

Also expect more working in shroud traits and talents and their sinergy with scourge shades, tootltips also.

And, as a personal opinion, i want some buffs to staff because i feel that scourge skills, especially shade skills, are better versions of staff marks.