Istan has destroyed the games economy - nerf inc?

Shiyo.3578

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait are people complaining that things are cheaper, because this a directly representing a more larger and active player base. If your gold game got messed up because new players are flooding the market find something else. But this is a good thing more players mean more things in the tp more things in the tp means lower prices, lower prices means newer players don't leave due to how expensive everything is.

There's nothing wrong here please move along people.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> Wait are people complaining that things are cheaper, because this a directly representing a more larger and active player base. If your gold game got messed up because new players are flooding the market find something else. But this is a good thing more players mean more things in the tp more things in the tp means lower prices, lower prices means newer players don't leave due to how expensive everything is.

>

> There's nothing wrong here please move along people.

It's not that more players play the game but that 1 player can loot same rewards with multiple characters/maps making it count as multiple player drop. It pushes supply but doesnt change the demand.

> @"Rennie.6750" said:

> Muiltiloot on the great hall and paladawan were really terrible ideas. Before christmas tier 5 trophies will be nearing vendor prices, that's absurd. This is the greatest drop ever in prices the game has ever experienced. Prices are at an all-time low. Soon if it's not fixed there will be no more economy to speak of and massive, ugly, grindy sinks will be implemented to counter this. On the short term, this looks like a nice boon, but on the long term the devs will do anything to fix this and it will be really ugly. They have to. Half of the game is relying on that economy. IMO raw gold would have been far less problematic but no, they picked mats, and deflation is kicking in.

Oh no, half the game is relying on that economy...well, guess they put their eggs in one basket for to long then if they're relying on that economy. Besides, this is how a real economy grows, it's just like the real world...you give people more to spend and they'll spend it=growth in economy, not giving more to those that already have it.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> Definitely the new map, due to massive unidentified item drops and vendor chests which awards you with t6 and other things.

>

> Until they are going to Fix something you can just adapt and maybe stack materials.

There's nothing inherently bad about prices going down, unless you're a TP baron, and it's possibly purposeful. A lot of players have theorized, even before the most recent area was added, that with PoF the devs decided to make build options more accessible by making the means to craft cheaper and more frequently available. Just look at the ridiculous amount of ori and ancient wood in the expansion areas, and its clear at this point it was no accident or they would have "fixed" it as well by now.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > Wait are people complaining that things are cheaper, because this a directly representing a more larger and active player base. If your gold game got messed up because new players are flooding the market find something else. But this is a good thing more players mean more things in the tp more things in the tp means lower prices, lower prices means newer players don't leave due to how expensive everything is.

> >

> > There's nothing wrong here please move along people.

>

> It's not that more players play the game but that 1 player can loot same rewards with multiple characters/maps making it count as multiple player drop. It pushes supply but doesnt change the demand.

If you're talking about multi map volatile magic farm, yes, that should be fixed, but buying the mats still costs 1 gold a crate. So if somoene is flooding the market with the mats, they need to have the gold to do so in the first place meaning only really rich players are able to buy the big amount of crates needed to actually affect economy, and then those same rich players are complaining here that the prices dropped... Cause "kitten" logic right?

There's nothing wrong with Istan except maybe that multi map thing, and that just gives you volatile magic which is useless without gold.

> @"Cronospere.8143" said:

> First people complain about the high leather prices, screeming we need a farm. They give you a farm with lake doric. Nice income for people. They give another and now you guys screem you've lost your nice profit farm.

>

> Lol noone is ever happy.

Yep, people don't really know what they want. They want valuable things for the stuff they get and sell, but want stuff they need to be cheap

But it doesn't matter anyways. Sure prices have dropped, but that means you can buy more things too. I bought 1000 of lemongrass poultry soup for about 8.5s each when it was about 12-15s half a year ago. The perma black lion contract has dropped below 1000g. It's really mostly the same thing sans legendaries (which I haven't checked since I haven't really played this game much for the past few months). But hey, dailies are worth more, and while I've lost a ton of value in my bank (good thing I don't usually hoard that much) that means I'll just stock up on stuff.

The thing that matters is purchasing power; not the amount of "gold" you see on the screen.

> @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

>

> How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> >

> > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

>

> How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

Well if you want free gems. Then yeah this is bad for you.

But then again this is might be good for ArenaNet, because now even more people might actually start buying gems.

Soo for people that are already buying gems for cash, the lower prices of mats are actually a good thing.

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > >

> > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> >

> > How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

>

> Well if you want free gems. Then yeah this is bad for you.

> But then again this is might be good for ArenaNet, because now even more people might actually start buying gems.

>

> Soo for people that are already buying gems for cash, the lower prices of mats are actually a good thing.

It works both ways. If more people starts buying gold with gems, both gem2gold and gold2gem will go down making it not worthy to buy more gems with cash.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> >

>

> How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

Well it's great for anet since you might decide to buy gems with cash instead...

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > > >

> > > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> > >

> > > How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

> >

> > Well if you want free gems. Then yeah this is bad for you.

> > But then again this is might be good for ArenaNet, because now even more people might actually start buying gems.

> >

> > Soo for people that are already buying gems for cash, the lower prices of mats are actually a good thing.

>

> It works both ways. If more people starts buying gold with gems, both gem2gold and gold2gem will go down making it not worthy to buy more gems with cash.

Yeah If you buy gold with gems. But I was talking mostly about the people that by gems only to use them at the gem store. For them lower priced mats is pretty good deal.

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > uhm...sorry, but...so what? Just means new players can more easily get some of those mats in case they want to make some legendaries or get their crafting up to to 500. Not really sure what the hub bub is all about.

>

> Rich people won't get richer now.

Um, no. Rich people always get richer. They are rich because they know how to adapt to whatever the markets are doing.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > > uhm...sorry, but...so what? Just means new players can more easily get some of those mats in case they want to make some legendaries or get their crafting up to to 500. Not really sure what the hub bub is all about.

> >

> > Rich people won't get richer now.

>

> Um, no. Rich people always get richer. They are rich because they know how to adapt to whatever the markets are doing.

>

Then no reason to nerf. Consumers like moi get to buy certain things need cheaper, while the rich people find their new cashcow to milk.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > > @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > > > uhm...sorry, but...so what? Just means new players can more easily get some of those mats in case they want to make some legendaries or get their crafting up to to 500. Not really sure what the hub bub is all about.

> > >

> > > Rich people won't get richer now.

> >

> > Um, no. Rich people always get richer. They are rich because they know how to adapt to whatever the markets are doing.

> >

>

> Then no reason to nerf. Consumers like moi get to buy certain things need cheaper, while the rich people find their new cashcow to milk.

That doesn't follow either. In a depressed economy, there's overall less satisfaction with loot, so it's not a guaranteed improvement for players. In an inflated economy, everything costs a lot, so people get anxious that they have to work harder to keep pace. It's tricky to balance between too much loot and too little.

The main problem with Istan multi-loot is the same as for AB/ML: if the rewards are too strong, it makes everything else less worthwhile in comparison, which hurts those who aren't interested in repetitively farming the same things over and over again. The main problem with PoF loot generally is that it's so generous that non-PoF zones also suffer in comparison.

Of course, ANet might have intended this all along. They might have decided that market prices for all sorts of things were higher than they wanted and they prefer this new equilibrium: the vast majority of basic mats are cheap, leaving behind only a tiny amount of hard-to-obtain items. It's hard to tell what ANet is thinking, especially since they have gotten out of the bad habit of overreacting early & often.

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

>

> How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

If the items you're farming lose value(over 50% on most items), but you want gold to buy an item unaffected by Istans farm, and that items price does NOT go down due there not being more supply of it because it's not related to istan, you just ended up having a harder time getting the item(s) you want due to istan being so rewarding and completely destroying the economy of so many items.

It also makes it so just playing the game feels a lot worse, you go do some level 80 maps or fractals or whatever and get a ton of t5-t6 mats, then end up with 50% less gold due to prices tanking.

POF zones have lost ANY value they had now as well due to istan giving the exact same loot, but 10x of it. POF zones used to be "eh" gold, now they're downright awful.

Istan is destroying this games economy.

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > > > >

> > > > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> > > >

> > > > How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

> > >

> > > Well if you want free gems. Then yeah this is bad for you.

> > > But then again this is might be good for ArenaNet, because now even more people might actually start buying gems.

> > >

> > > Soo for people that are already buying gems for cash, the lower prices of mats are actually a good thing.

> >

> > It works both ways. If more people starts buying gold with gems, both gem2gold and gold2gem will go down making it not worthy to buy more gems with cash.

>

> Yeah If you buy gold with gems. But I was talking mostly about the people that by gems only to use them at the gem store. For them lower priced mats is pretty good deal.

I'd say for them mats price is irrelevant if they use gems directly to purchase items from gemstore.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> >

>

> If the items you're farming lose value(over 50% on most items), but you want gold to buy an item unaffected by Istans farm, and that items price does NOT go down due there not being more supply of it because it's not related to istan, you just ended up having a harder time getting the item(s) you want due to istan being so rewarding and completely destroying the economy of so many items.

>

> It also makes it so just playing the game feels a lot worse, you go do some level 80 maps or fractals or whatever and get a ton of t5-t6 mats, then end up with 50% less gold due to prices tanking.

>

> POF zones have lost ANY value they had now as well due to istan giving the exact same loot, but 10x of it. POF zones used to be "eh" gold, now they're downright awful.

>

> Istan is destroying this games economy.

>

>

What item are you talking about? I usually don't sell mats and the current mats prices are pretty fine compared to the gold I can get from daily + daily fractals.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > @"YoukiNeko.6047" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > > > > I'm completely speechless at the amount of people who think this is is only an issue if you're a "tp flipper" and "Hoarder". Really? Please think before you post.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How is it bad to be able to buy powerful blood for 28s?

> > > > >

> > > > > How is Bad to get 50g instead of 100g if you want to buy gems?

> > > >

> > > > Well if you want free gems. Then yeah this is bad for you.

> > > > But then again this is might be good for ArenaNet, because now even more people might actually start buying gems.

> > > >

> > > > Soo for people that are already buying gems for cash, the lower prices of mats are actually a good thing.

> > >

> > > It works both ways. If more people starts buying gold with gems, both gem2gold and gold2gem will go down making it not worthy to buy more gems with cash.

> >

> > Yeah If you buy gold with gems. But I was talking mostly about the people that by gems only to use them at the gem store. For them lower priced mats is pretty good deal.

>

> I'd say for them mats price is irrelevant if they use gems directly to purchase items from gemstore.

Well it's not irrelevant. Now I can buy powerful blood for cheaper and complete the legendary backpack.

I don't grind silverwaste so I don't get 50g hour like some people. So yeah for my casual play the new prices are way better.