I got a question about the upcoming Condition Patch that's been on my mind for a few days now...

No. I'm not talking about players or power or stacks or whichever from people.

Not talking about PvP or WvW or Raid or whatever else directly but...

Okay so, is it just players that's getting this nerf? Or is some of the enemies out in the open getting the same treatment too?

Just asking as there's some out there now that can stack quite a bit on you really fast and wondering if it's ramped up at a pace for them as well?

If not, that won't be right in a way, but then from the other side of the spectrum...

...there's some that can put conditions on you that can last up to like 30 seconds or so which can be super annoying too so if they ARE affected... what about the duration of those? You say longer durations of conditions... would that mean it can be 40.. 50... a minute to deal with these conditions if you have no way of cleansing it?

What's going to happen to the condition enemies? I haven't said anything for days as I thought someone would address it, but no one has from what I've seen so I'll just come out and ask.

Hmm...Thats a nice question. That being said i doubt the enemies will be affected unless the changes they do on conditions are global which i do not think they are. I think most changes will be concentrated around traits and skills that are not present on mobs. Thus it will only affect the player.

Its an interesting question regarding conditions which brings up mobs that place conditions on players.

Enemy NPCs putting out conditions that last a bit might be why I can't mount up after I kill the mob in question. Its annoying that I have to run half way across the area just to get out of combat in order to mount up.

What's even more annoying is seeing other players able to mount almost immediately after combat while I am still "in combat" from an unseen foe. I've even watched my buff-debuffs to see what is going on and have yet to find anything. The only thing I noticed as a ranger, is that I almost always have to swap out combat pets immediately after combat because ranger pets are notorious aggro magnets.

Generally speaking:

* Changes to skills affect players alone, usually. Mob skills are almost always coded separately.

* Changes to mechanics are game wide, e.g. when it became possible to stack more than 5 stacks of bleeding on foes, we could suffer more than 5, too.

We don't know much about Tuesday's patch, but it appears that there will be mostly changes to skills (i.e. affecting players, not foes) and maybe 1-2 mechanics changes (my guess: how much initial damage vs how much over time.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> No. I'm not talking about players or power or stacks or whichever from people.

> Not talking about PvP or WvW or Raid or whatever else directly but...

>

> Okay so, is it just players that's getting this nerf? Or is some of the enemies out in the open getting the same treatment too?

> Just asking as there's some out there now that can stack quite a bit on you really fast and wondering if it's ramped up at a pace for them as well?

> If not, that won't be right in a way, but then from the other side of the spectrum...

> ...there's some that can put conditions on you that can last up to like 30 seconds or so which can be super annoying too so if they ARE affected... what about the duration of those? You say longer durations of conditions... would that mean it can be 40.. 50... a minute to deal with these conditions if you have no way of cleansing it?

>

> What's going to happen to the condition enemies? I haven't said anything for days as I thought someone would address it, but no one has from what I've seen so I'll just come out and ask.

Considering ANet's usual way of designing mobs' skills is either create a new skill massively OP _or_ put a player's skill on steroids with tons of additionnal effects, I'm foreseeing a huge disappointement if you're expecting condi enemies to be nerfed as well. They have to be that way. That's what they call _challenge_, you know...

> @"ThomasC.1056" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > No. I'm not talking about players or power or stacks or whichever from people.

> > Not talking about PvP or WvW or Raid or whatever else directly but...

> >

> > Okay so, is it just players that's getting this nerf? Or is some of the enemies out in the open getting the same treatment too?

> > Just asking as there's some out there now that can stack quite a bit on you really fast and wondering if it's ramped up at a pace for them as well?

> > If not, that won't be right in a way, but then from the other side of the spectrum...

> > ...there's some that can put conditions on you that can last up to like 30 seconds or so which can be super annoying too so if they ARE affected... what about the duration of those? You say longer durations of conditions... would that mean it can be 40.. 50... a minute to deal with these conditions if you have no way of cleansing it?

> >

> > What's going to happen to the condition enemies? I haven't said anything for days as I thought someone would address it, but no one has from what I've seen so I'll just come out and ask.

>

> Considering ANet's usual way of designing mobs' skills is either create a new skill massively OP _or_ put a player's skill on steroids with tons of additionnal effects, I'm foreseeing a huge disappointement if you're expecting condi enemies to be nerfed as well. They have to be that way. That's what they call _challenge_, you know...

There's a difference in challenge and cheap.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"ThomasC.1056" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > No. I'm not talking about players or power or stacks or whichever from people.

> > > Not talking about PvP or WvW or Raid or whatever else directly but...

> > >

> > > Okay so, is it just players that's getting this nerf? Or is some of the enemies out in the open getting the same treatment too?

> > > Just asking as there's some out there now that can stack quite a bit on you really fast and wondering if it's ramped up at a pace for them as well?

> > > If not, that won't be right in a way, but then from the other side of the spectrum...

> > > ...there's some that can put conditions on you that can last up to like 30 seconds or so which can be super annoying too so if they ARE affected... what about the duration of those? You say longer durations of conditions... would that mean it can be 40.. 50... a minute to deal with these conditions if you have no way of cleansing it?

> > >

> > > What's going to happen to the condition enemies? I haven't said anything for days as I thought someone would address it, but no one has from what I've seen so I'll just come out and ask.

> >

> > Considering ANet's usual way of designing mobs' skills is either create a new skill massively OP _or_ put a player's skill on steroids with tons of additionnal effects, I'm foreseeing a huge disappointement if you're expecting condi enemies to be nerfed as well. They have to be that way. That's what they call _challenge_, you know...

>

> There's a difference in challenge and cheap.

:+1: May your voice carry up to them !