Thief 1500 Rifle range, and Ranger "1500" LB range (Video Evidence Now Included)

AikijinX.6258

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > > > I think he is saying that he is of the opinion that Rangers LB range of 1750+ is ok, even though the tooltip says it is 1500.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Again the issue is the skills states 1500 but When shown in the video provide in the OP the discrepancy shows that they aren’t the same distance when they are supposed to be, since you know 1500=1500 and 1500 is a further Range than 1200, like I stated above some players like having their unfair advantages, this is a bug and needs to be corrected all on the basis of parity, either by removing the advantage of the outlying skills or by equalizing the underperforming skills to match the outlying skills.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > A Dev stated all Ranged and Melee skills have a 15% Range Buffer, it is proven that’s Deadeye rifle is missing that Buffer that is intended for all skills.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sounds like your obsessed with tooltips, which aren’t anet’s best hand.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Unfair advantage is your opinion and not everyone agrees with you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Here let’s put this simply, do both tooltips state 1500? Yes? Does one Classes Skills all shoot over 1500(even the one stated as 1200? Yes? So what does that mean? One of the skill sets isn’t performing correctly and needs to be fixed, hmm pretty simple concept I know some players can’t grasp it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Let’s do a simple excercise what does 1500 mean? Does 1500 mean 1700+? No? Hmm who would have thought that 1500 meant 1500? Or that 1500 is greater than 1200? That’s a mind blowing concept I know, some next level maths right there.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again I’m not the one defending an unfair adavantage unlike certain players, but hey I don’t need unfair advantages to perform well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again this all about parity/balance.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not obsessed I actually want parity for the game with the health and balance of the game being good. Bugs need to be fixed, this is a bug, and one thing Anet doesn’t have issues with Tooltips they correct them and change them when they change the skills, history shows this.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > What? Anet has had issues with tooltips since day one. As you pointed out, history shows this.

> > > > >

> > > > > So what are you trying to accomplish? A fix to ranger lb or an increase in de rifle range?

> > > >

> > > > I’m looking for parity since Anet says both skills are intended 1500 Range which is reflected in everything from patch notes and skill tooltips, but there is a huge discrepancy that is noticeable and it was posted in the OP of video showing that 1500 is not 1500 when everything from patch notes and tooltips show that to be the intent, the bug discrepancy shows that even 1200 is further than 1500 Range.

> > > >

> > > > Again does this patch note match the Tooltip?

> > > >

> > > > “Specialization update:

> > > > Ranger Longbow skill range is now 1500.“

> > > >

> > > > Does that patch note different from the Tooltip in anyway? No? They both say 1500? Yeah?

> > > >

> > > > So One of two things can happen, Anet goes through and makes sure that all skills with the same range actually have the same range either by increasing the distance of the underperforming skills or by lowering the distance of the over reaching skills, either works and does essentially the same thing of providing parity.

> > > >

> > > > Again the Devs Stated all Ranged and Melee skills are to have a 15% Range Buffer for tracking purposes, so it would make sense they add the lacking Buffer to the skills lacking it.

> > >

> > > And thus, this goes back to my original opinion. Both weapons are current fine as it is today. What you are proposing essentially equates to either a buff to DE rifle range or a nerf to Ranger longbow. Neither of which, imo, are needed.

> > >

> > > It’s like we’re stuck in a repeat loop.

> >

> > It is neither a buff or a Nerf, it is a bug fix, the intent of both Ranger LB and Deadeye Kneel Rifle Skills is 1500 Range based on both patch notes and Tooltips reflecting each other, do they have equal range? No they don’t so one of them is bugged, again certain players like having unfair advantages that allow them to perform better.

> >

> > So again for parity and the sake of eliminating Bugs in game the change is needed.

> >

> > Pretty simple concept.

>

> Lol, you keep repeating unfair advantage from a class that can choose to stay engaged or not at will. Look, if you think a ranger is a threat to thief, you need to change your class. Extra range or not.

>

> Bug fix essentially equals a nerf or buff to the way it currently works. You’re just arguing semantics. The only fix needed is tooltips.

Fixing their tooltips is only a solution if 1500 range wasn't the original intention, but they clearly intend for this range-limit to be a thing or else they would've just changed the tooltips ages ago. They should actually fix their shit, but hey slapping on band-aids is more of Anets thing so come on! Let's dig this grave deeper shall we?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"TwiceDead.1963" said:

> > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I think he is saying that he is of the opinion that Rangers LB range of 1750+ is ok, even though the tooltip says it is 1500.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Again the issue is the skills states 1500 but When shown in the video provide in the OP the discrepancy shows that they aren’t the same distance when they are supposed to be, since you know 1500=1500 and 1500 is a further Range than 1200, like I stated above some players like having their unfair advantages, this is a bug and needs to be corrected all on the basis of parity, either by removing the advantage of the outlying skills or by equalizing the underperforming skills to match the outlying skills.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > A Dev stated all Ranged and Melee skills have a 15% Range Buffer, it is proven that’s Deadeye rifle is missing that Buffer that is intended for all skills.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sounds like your obsessed with tooltips, which aren’t anet’s best hand.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Unfair advantage is your opinion and not everyone agrees with you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Here let’s put this simply, do both tooltips state 1500? Yes? Does one Classes Skills all shoot over 1500(even the one stated as 1200? Yes? So what does that mean? One of the skill sets isn’t performing correctly and needs to be fixed, hmm pretty simple concept I know some players can’t grasp it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Let’s do a simple excercise what does 1500 mean? Does 1500 mean 1700+? No? Hmm who would have thought that 1500 meant 1500? Or that 1500 is greater than 1200? That’s a mind blowing concept I know, some next level maths right there.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again I’m not the one defending an unfair adavantage unlike certain players, but hey I don’t need unfair advantages to perform well.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again this all about parity/balance.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not obsessed I actually want parity for the game with the health and balance of the game being good. Bugs need to be fixed, this is a bug, and one thing Anet doesn’t have issues with Tooltips they correct them and change them when they change the skills, history shows this.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What? Anet has had issues with tooltips since day one. As you pointed out, history shows this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So what are you trying to accomplish? A fix to ranger lb or an increase in de rifle range?

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m looking for parity since Anet says both skills are intended 1500 Range which is reflected in everything from patch notes and skill tooltips, but there is a huge discrepancy that is noticeable and it was posted in the OP of video showing that 1500 is not 1500 when everything from patch notes and tooltips show that to be the intent, the bug discrepancy shows that even 1200 is further than 1500 Range.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again does this patch note match the Tooltip?

> > > > >

> > > > > “Specialization update:

> > > > > Ranger Longbow skill range is now 1500.“

> > > > >

> > > > > Does that patch note different from the Tooltip in anyway? No? They both say 1500? Yeah?

> > > > >

> > > > > So One of two things can happen, Anet goes through and makes sure that all skills with the same range actually have the same range either by increasing the distance of the underperforming skills or by lowering the distance of the over reaching skills, either works and does essentially the same thing of providing parity.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again the Devs Stated all Ranged and Melee skills are to have a 15% Range Buffer for tracking purposes, so it would make sense they add the lacking Buffer to the skills lacking it.

> > > >

> > > > And thus, this goes back to my original opinion. Both weapons are current fine as it is today. What you are proposing essentially equates to either a buff to DE rifle range or a nerf to Ranger longbow. Neither of which, imo, are needed.

> > > >

> > > > It’s like we’re stuck in a repeat loop.

> > >

> > > It is neither a buff or a Nerf, it is a bug fix, the intent of both Ranger LB and Deadeye Kneel Rifle Skills is 1500 Range based on both patch notes and Tooltips reflecting each other, do they have equal range? No they don’t so one of them is bugged, again certain players like having unfair advantages that allow them to perform better.

> > >

> > > So again for parity and the sake of eliminating Bugs in game the change is needed.

> > >

> > > Pretty simple concept.

> >

> > Lol, you keep repeating unfair advantage from a class that can choose to stay engaged or not at will. Look, if you think a ranger is a threat to thief, you need to change your class. Extra range or not.

> >

> > Bug fix essentially equals a nerf or buff to the way it currently works. You’re just arguing semantics. The only fix needed is tooltips.

>

> Fixing their tooltips is only a solution if 1500 range wasn't the original intention, but they clearly intend for this range-limit to be a thing or else they would've just changed the tooltips ages ago. They should actually fix their kitten, but hey slapping on band-aids is more of Anets thing so come on! Let's dig this grave deeper shall we?

Well honestly, ranger lb range is a feature (bug if you want) that’s been known for a very long time. That alone makes you wonder if the ranger lb is working as intended.

> > @"TwiceDead.1963" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I think he is saying that he is of the opinion that Rangers LB range of 1750+ is ok, even though the tooltip says it is 1500.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Again the issue is the skills states 1500 but When shown in the video provide in the OP the discrepancy shows that they aren’t the same distance when they are supposed to be, since you know 1500=1500 and 1500 is a further Range than 1200, like I stated above some players like having their unfair advantages, this is a bug and needs to be corrected all on the basis of parity, either by removing the advantage of the outlying skills or by equalizing the underperforming skills to match the outlying skills.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > A Dev stated all Ranged and Melee skills have a 15% Range Buffer, it is proven that’s Deadeye rifle is missing that Buffer that is intended for all skills.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Sounds like your obsessed with tooltips, which aren’t anet’s best hand.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Unfair advantage is your opinion and not everyone agrees with you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Here let’s put this simply, do both tooltips state 1500? Yes? Does one Classes Skills all shoot over 1500(even the one stated as 1200? Yes? So what does that mean? One of the skill sets isn’t performing correctly and needs to be fixed, hmm pretty simple concept I know some players can’t grasp it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Let’s do a simple excercise what does 1500 mean? Does 1500 mean 1700+? No? Hmm who would have thought that 1500 meant 1500? Or that 1500 is greater than 1200? That’s a mind blowing concept I know, some next level maths right there.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Again I’m not the one defending an unfair adavantage unlike certain players, but hey I don’t need unfair advantages to perform well.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Again this all about parity/balance.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not obsessed I actually want parity for the game with the health and balance of the game being good. Bugs need to be fixed, this is a bug, and one thing Anet doesn’t have issues with Tooltips they correct them and change them when they change the skills, history shows this.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What? Anet has had issues with tooltips since day one. As you pointed out, history shows this.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So what are you trying to accomplish? A fix to ranger lb or an increase in de rifle range?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I’m looking for parity since Anet says both skills are intended 1500 Range which is reflected in everything from patch notes and skill tooltips, but there is a huge discrepancy that is noticeable and it was posted in the OP of video showing that 1500 is not 1500 when everything from patch notes and tooltips show that to be the intent, the bug discrepancy shows that even 1200 is further than 1500 Range.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again does this patch note match the Tooltip?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > “Specialization update:

> > > > > > Ranger Longbow skill range is now 1500.“

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Does that patch note different from the Tooltip in anyway? No? They both say 1500? Yeah?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So One of two things can happen, Anet goes through and makes sure that all skills with the same range actually have the same range either by increasing the distance of the underperforming skills or by lowering the distance of the over reaching skills, either works and does essentially the same thing of providing parity.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again the Devs Stated all Ranged and Melee skills are to have a 15% Range Buffer for tracking purposes, so it would make sense they add the lacking Buffer to the skills lacking it.

> > > > >

> > > > > And thus, this goes back to my original opinion. Both weapons are current fine as it is today. What you are proposing essentially equates to either a buff to DE rifle range or a nerf to Ranger longbow. Neither of which, imo, are needed.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s like we’re stuck in a repeat loop.

> > > >

> > > > It is neither a buff or a Nerf, it is a bug fix, the intent of both Ranger LB and Deadeye Kneel Rifle Skills is 1500 Range based on both patch notes and Tooltips reflecting each other, do they have equal range? No they don’t so one of them is bugged, again certain players like having unfair advantages that allow them to perform better.

> > > >

> > > > So again for parity and the sake of eliminating Bugs in game the change is needed.

> > > >

> > > > Pretty simple concept.

> > >

> > > Lol, you keep repeating unfair advantage from a class that can choose to stay engaged or not at will. Look, if you think a ranger is a threat to thief, you need to change your class. Extra range or not.

> > >

> > > Bug fix essentially equals a nerf or buff to the way it currently works. You’re just arguing semantics. The only fix needed is tooltips.

> >

> > Fixing their tooltips is only a solution if 1500 range wasn't the original intention, but they clearly intend for this range-limit to be a thing or else they would've just changed the tooltips ages ago. They should actually fix their kitten, but hey slapping on band-aids is more of Anets thing so come on! Let's dig this grave deeper shall we?

>

> Well honestly, ranger lb range is a feature (bug if you want) that’s been known for a very long time. That alone makes you wonder if the ranger lb is working as intended.

Reminds me of the Quake debate.

> @"TwiceDead.1963" said:

> > > @"TwiceDead.1963" said:

> > > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I think he is saying that he is of the opinion that Rangers LB range of 1750+ is ok, even though the tooltip says it is 1500.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Again the issue is the skills states 1500 but When shown in the video provide in the OP the discrepancy shows that they aren’t the same distance when they are supposed to be, since you know 1500=1500 and 1500 is a further Range than 1200, like I stated above some players like having their unfair advantages, this is a bug and needs to be corrected all on the basis of parity, either by removing the advantage of the outlying skills or by equalizing the underperforming skills to match the outlying skills.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > A Dev stated all Ranged and Melee skills have a 15% Range Buffer, it is proven that’s Deadeye rifle is missing that Buffer that is intended for all skills.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Sounds like your obsessed with tooltips, which aren’t anet’s best hand.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Unfair advantage is your opinion and not everyone agrees with you.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Here let’s put this simply, do both tooltips state 1500? Yes? Does one Classes Skills all shoot over 1500(even the one stated as 1200? Yes? So what does that mean? One of the skill sets isn’t performing correctly and needs to be fixed, hmm pretty simple concept I know some players can’t grasp it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Let’s do a simple excercise what does 1500 mean? Does 1500 mean 1700+? No? Hmm who would have thought that 1500 meant 1500? Or that 1500 is greater than 1200? That’s a mind blowing concept I know, some next level maths right there.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Again I’m not the one defending an unfair adavantage unlike certain players, but hey I don’t need unfair advantages to perform well.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Again this all about parity/balance.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Not obsessed I actually want parity for the game with the health and balance of the game being good. Bugs need to be fixed, this is a bug, and one thing Anet doesn’t have issues with Tooltips they correct them and change them when they change the skills, history shows this.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What? Anet has had issues with tooltips since day one. As you pointed out, history shows this.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So what are you trying to accomplish? A fix to ranger lb or an increase in de rifle range?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I’m looking for parity since Anet says both skills are intended 1500 Range which is reflected in everything from patch notes and skill tooltips, but there is a huge discrepancy that is noticeable and it was posted in the OP of video showing that 1500 is not 1500 when everything from patch notes and tooltips show that to be the intent, the bug discrepancy shows that even 1200 is further than 1500 Range.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again does this patch note match the Tooltip?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > “Specialization update:

> > > > > > > Ranger Longbow skill range is now 1500.“

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Does that patch note different from the Tooltip in anyway? No? They both say 1500? Yeah?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So One of two things can happen, Anet goes through and makes sure that all skills with the same range actually have the same range either by increasing the distance of the underperforming skills or by lowering the distance of the over reaching skills, either works and does essentially the same thing of providing parity.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again the Devs Stated all Ranged and Melee skills are to have a 15% Range Buffer for tracking purposes, so it would make sense they add the lacking Buffer to the skills lacking it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And thus, this goes back to my original opinion. Both weapons are current fine as it is today. What you are proposing essentially equates to either a buff to DE rifle range or a nerf to Ranger longbow. Neither of which, imo, are needed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s like we’re stuck in a repeat loop.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is neither a buff or a Nerf, it is a bug fix, the intent of both Ranger LB and Deadeye Kneel Rifle Skills is 1500 Range based on both patch notes and Tooltips reflecting each other, do they have equal range? No they don’t so one of them is bugged, again certain players like having unfair advantages that allow them to perform better.

> > > > >

> > > > > So again for parity and the sake of eliminating Bugs in game the change is needed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pretty simple concept.

> > > >

> > > > Lol, you keep repeating unfair advantage from a class that can choose to stay engaged or not at will. Look, if you think a ranger is a threat to thief, you need to change your class. Extra range or not.

> > > >

> > > > Bug fix essentially equals a nerf or buff to the way it currently works. You’re just arguing semantics. The only fix needed is tooltips.

> > >

> > > Fixing their tooltips is only a solution if 1500 range wasn't the original intention, but they clearly intend for this range-limit to be a thing or else they would've just changed the tooltips ages ago. They should actually fix their kitten, but hey slapping on band-aids is more of Anets thing so come on! Let's dig this grave deeper shall we?

> >

> > Well honestly, ranger lb range is a feature (bug if you want) that’s been known for a very long time. That alone makes you wonder if the ranger lb is working as intended.

>

> Reminds me of the Quake debate.

You’ve got Quad Four!!!!

Lonewolf, I get you want to place yourself ahead of other thieves by claiming your skill makes up for the disparity in range, but I have to ask what game modes you're playing or what you're doing there. It's not just the range falling short of meta compositions or even just roaming in wvw, it's the traveling behavior that compounds the problem. If my shortbow auto can coast upwards and hit the SMC third floor cannons from the ground while my rifle can barely scrape that same cannon in one location where outer wall stairs sort of get you closer, then there's a problem that needs to be addressed.

Yes, most of us on this forum have enough play time with thief where we can absorb some sloppy mechanics, but a lot of players trying DE are going to wonder why their full range builds are missing anything that is actively kiting. If we're not going to sort out the range, then we need to get rid of Kneel mechanic and turn this Elite into a run and gun and design it around pistols.

Look, as I was saying as a Warrior my Longbow auto-attack has 1200 range yet if I spam the 1 key I can hit targets far beyond that.

This is not a "Ranger hidden passive bonus" nor is it a tooltip error on the part of their Longbow skills.

Arrows as projectiles simply behave incorrectly and always have.

> > > > > > > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > > > > > I think he is saying that he is of the opinion that Rangers LB range of 1750+ is ok, even though the tooltip says it is 1500.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Again the issue is the skills states 1500 but When shown in the video provide in the OP the discrepancy shows that they aren’t the same distance when they are supposed to be, since you know 1500=1500 and 1500 is a further Range than 1200, like I stated above some players like having their unfair advantages, this is a bug and needs to be corrected all on the basis of parity, either by removing the advantage of the outlying skills or by equalizing the underperforming skills to match the outlying skills.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > A Dev stated all Ranged and Melee skills have a 15% Range Buffer, it is proven that’s Deadeye rifle is missing that Buffer that is intended for all skills.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sounds like your obsessed with tooltips, which aren’t anet’s best hand.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Unfair advantage is your opinion and not everyone agrees with you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Here let’s put this simply, do both tooltips state 1500? Yes? Does one Classes Skills all shoot over 1500(even the one stated as 1200? Yes? So what does that mean? One of the skill sets isn’t performing correctly and needs to be fixed, hmm pretty simple concept I know some players can’t grasp it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Let’s do a simple excercise what does 1500 mean? Does 1500 mean 1700+? No? Hmm who would have thought that 1500 meant 1500? Or that 1500 is greater than 1200? That’s a mind blowing concept I know, some next level maths right there.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again I’m not the one defending an unfair adavantage unlike certain players, but hey I don’t need unfair advantages to perform well.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again this all about parity/balance.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not obsessed I actually want parity for the game with the health and balance of the game being good. Bugs need to be fixed, this is a bug, and one thing Anet doesn’t have issues with Tooltips they correct them and change them when they change the skills, history shows this.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > What? Anet has had issues with tooltips since day one. As you pointed out, history shows this.

> > > > >

> > > > > So what are you trying to accomplish? A fix to ranger lb or an increase in de rifle range?

> > > >

> > > > I’m looking for parity since Anet says both skills are intended 1500 Range which is reflected in everything from patch notes and skill tooltips, but there is a huge discrepancy that is noticeable and it was posted in the OP of video showing that 1500 is not 1500 when everything from patch notes and tooltips show that to be the intent, the bug discrepancy shows that even 1200 is further than 1500 Range.

> > > >

> > > > Again does this patch note match the Tooltip?

> > > >

> > > > “Specialization update:

> > > > Ranger Longbow skill range is now 1500.“

> > > >

> > > > Does that patch note different from the Tooltip in anyway? No? They both say 1500? Yeah?

> > > >

> > > > So One of two things can happen, Anet goes through and makes sure that all skills with the same range actually have the same range either by increasing the distance of the underperforming skills or by lowering the distance of the over reaching skills, either works and does essentially the same thing of providing parity.

> > > >

> > > > Again the Devs Stated all Ranged and Melee skills are to have a 15% Range Buffer for tracking purposes, so it would make sense they add the lacking Buffer to the skills lacking it.

> > >

> > > And thus, this goes back to my original opinion. Both weapons are current fine as it is today. What you are proposing essentially equates to either a buff to DE rifle range or a nerf to Ranger longbow. Neither of which, imo, are needed.

> > >

> > > It’s like we’re stuck in a repeat loop.

> >

> > It is neither a buff or a Nerf, it is a bug fix, the intent of both Ranger LB and Deadeye Kneel Rifle Skills is 1500 Range based on both patch notes and Tooltips reflecting each other, do they have equal range? No they don’t so one of them is bugged, again certain players like having unfair advantages that allow them to perform better.

> >

> > So again for parity and the sake of eliminating Bugs in game the change is needed.

> >

> > Pretty simple concept.

>

> Lol, you keep repeating unfair advantage from a class that can choose to stay engaged or not at will. Look, if you think a ranger is a threat to thief, you need to change your class. Extra range or not.

>

> Bug fix essentially equals a nerf or buff to the way it currently works. You’re just arguing semantics. The only fix needed is tooltips.

Again so if the skill and the patch note both say the Range is supposed be 1500 yet it’s showing consistently across the board to be a lot further then that is an unfair advantage that is a bug on either the extended range or the other weapons not having the appropriate range, and this needs to rectified one way or the other, again it’s not a Nerf or buff either way it’s a bug fix to match the intent of 1500 Range being 1500 Range. Again it’s an extremely simple concept.

> @"reikken.4961" said:

> the only issue here is the tooltips for bows are wrong. Ranger has 1800 range, and deadeye has 1500. It's as simple as that.

Hmm just a tool tip error?

Hmm ? patch notes beg to differ:

Specialization update:

Ranger Longbow skill range is now 1500.

Seems patch notes and Tooltip say it’s intended to be 1500.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > the only issue here is the tooltips for bows are wrong. Ranger has 1800 range, and deadeye has 1500. It's as simple as that.

>

> Hmm just a tool tip error?

>

> Hmm ? patch notes beg to differ:

>

> Specialization update:

> Ranger Longbow skill range is now 1500.

>

> Seems patch notes and Tooltip say it’s intended to be 1500.

In addition, as I've mentioned repeatedly by now, this is not exclusive to Ranger but any class using a (Long)bow.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"reikken.4961" said:

> > > the only issue here is the tooltips for bows are wrong. Ranger has 1800 range, and deadeye has 1500. It's as simple as that.

> >

> > Hmm just a tool tip error?

> >

> > Hmm ? patch notes beg to differ:

> >

> > Specialization update:

> > Ranger Longbow skill range is now 1500.

> >

> > Seems patch notes and Tooltip say it’s intended to be 1500.

>

> In addition, as I've mentioned repeatedly by now, this is not exclusive to Ranger but any class using a (Long)bow.

Might as well argue to a wall mate. The patch notes don’t state that. It’s not in the notes! It’s gotta be in the notes are it’s invalid!

So, I haven't really gotten to play that much with deadeye until the last 2 weeks, and I think it's pretty seriously kittened. . . . seems like the issue is that they gave every other class high mobility and aoe damage, then gave us a long range weapon to compensate. Problem being, our "long range" weapon shoots slower and shorter than the ranger longbow, which means that rifle is pretty much hardcountered by longbow in most pvp situations. Really wish anet would bump standing rifle range to 1500, maybe make kneel skills have more precision or something instead of extra range. Think this would go a ways toward making the weapon more usable.

> @"Lithril Ashwalker.6230" said:

> > @"Volrath.1473" said:

> > so... the BIG balance patch with all the hot fixes, new tooltips, mount skins and kitten is here!

> > was this range problem fixed?

>

> nope

Yaah.... I guess it is irrelevant...

Yah know... as long as we get mount skins it's fine!

This is definitely a balance issue in wvw.

From what I've collected though, it's based on how these projectiles are coded. It has nothing to do with logic. Here is how it works:

Certain projectile skills (usually arrow auto attacks but also Ranger LB 2-4) are coded as projectiles that are "aimed" at the point 1200 or 1500 (or whatever) range away from the user then continue to travel some distance past their range before expiring. The actual range of a ranger's LB is something more like 1700-1800, maybe a bit more if they're firing with elevation (I've heard up to 1900 range).

Certain other projectile skills are coded as projectiles but function kind of like "slow lasers." By this I mean they're not instantaneous (like a laser) but they travel from point A to point B, mostly in a straight line before disappearing at exactly point B. There is no further travel beyond this. Skills like this include DJ on deadeye, gunblaze on berserker and trueshot on DH.

I 100% agree with OP though. It's either all ok or none of it's ok. This is a balance issue devs should have addressed a long time ago.

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> This is definitely a balance issue in wvw.

>

> From what I've collected though, it's based on how these projectiles are coded. It has nothing to do with logic. Here is how it works:

>

> Certain projectile skills (usually arrow auto attacks but also Ranger LB 2-4) are coded as projectiles that are "aimed" at the point 1200 or 1500 (or whatever) range away from the user then continue to travel some distance past their range before expiring. The actual range of a ranger's LB is something more like 1700-1800, maybe a bit more if they're firing with elevation (I've heard up to 1900 range).

>

> Certain other projectile skills are coded as projectiles but function kind of like "slow lasers." By this I mean they're not instantaneous (like a laser) but they travel from point A to point B, mostly in a straight line before disappearing at exactly point B. There is no further travel beyond this. Skills like this include DJ on deadeye, gunblaze on berserker and trueshot on DH.

>

> I 100% agree with OP though. It's either all ok or none of it's ok. This is a balance issue devs should have addressed a long time ago.

I still think it’s an inconsequential issue considering the ability a thief has with rifle and stealth. In my experience in WvW you want to start out with your target much closer than 1500 anyways because the moment you hit your target with DJ, they most likely bolt the opposite direction.

The original post and some of the commenters here sound like they just want a nerf to Ranger LB, which in that case, the topic really belongs in the Ranger forum, not Thief.

> > @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > This is definitely a balance issue in wvw.

> >

> > From what I've collected though, it's based on how these projectiles are coded. It has nothing to do with logic. Here is how it works:

> >

> > Certain projectile skills (usually arrow auto attacks but also Ranger LB 2-4) are coded as projectiles that are "aimed" at the point 1200 or 1500 (or whatever) range away from the user then continue to travel some distance past their range before expiring. The actual range of a ranger's LB is something more like 1700-1800, maybe a bit more if they're firing with elevation (I've heard up to 1900 range).

> >

> > Certain other projectile skills are coded as projectiles but function kind of like "slow lasers." By this I mean they're not instantaneous (like a laser) but they travel from point A to point B, mostly in a straight line before disappearing at exactly point B. There is no further travel beyond this. Skills like this include DJ on deadeye, gunblaze on berserker and trueshot on DH.

> >

> > I 100% agree with OP though. It's either all ok or none of it's ok. This is a balance issue devs should have addressed a long time ago.

>

> I still think it’s an inconsequential issue considering the ability a thief has with rifle and stealth. In my experience in WvW you want to start out with your target much closer than 1500 anyways because the moment you hit your target with DJ, they most likely bolt the opposite direction.

>

> The original post and some of the commenters here sound like they just want a nerf to Ranger LB, which in that case, the topic really belongs in the Ranger forum, not Thief.

I'd like kneeling Rifle to have the same range as LB. I don't care if rifle's range gets access to the range buffer that ANET says is part of all ranged projectiles...or LB's range gets it's extra buffer removed - as long as the ranges are matched.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > This is definitely a balance issue in wvw.

> > >

> > > From what I've collected though, it's based on how these projectiles are coded. It has nothing to do with logic. Here is how it works:

> > >

> > > Certain projectile skills (usually arrow auto attacks but also Ranger LB 2-4) are coded as projectiles that are "aimed" at the point 1200 or 1500 (or whatever) range away from the user then continue to travel some distance past their range before expiring. The actual range of a ranger's LB is something more like 1700-1800, maybe a bit more if they're firing with elevation (I've heard up to 1900 range).

> > >

> > > Certain other projectile skills are coded as projectiles but function kind of like "slow lasers." By this I mean they're not instantaneous (like a laser) but they travel from point A to point B, mostly in a straight line before disappearing at exactly point B. There is no further travel beyond this. Skills like this include DJ on deadeye, gunblaze on berserker and trueshot on DH.

> > >

> > > I 100% agree with OP though. It's either all ok or none of it's ok. This is a balance issue devs should have addressed a long time ago.

> >

> > I still think it’s an inconsequential issue considering the ability a thief has with rifle and stealth. In my experience in WvW you want to start out with your target much closer than 1500 anyways because the moment you hit your target with DJ, they most likely bolt the opposite direction.

> >

> > The original post and some of the commenters here sound like they just want a nerf to Ranger LB, which in that case, the topic really belongs in the Ranger forum, not Thief.

>

> I'd like kneeling Rifle to have the same range as LB. I don't care if rifle's range gets access to the range buffer that ANET says is part of all ranged projectiles...or LB's range gets it's extra buffer removed - as long as the ranges are matched.

What is the reason though? Other than just to say it’s equal? Does thief rifle really need that extra range? Wouldn’t you rather see attention put elsewhere such as making the rest of the elite skills actually useful? I mean, Cursed bullet needs some serious attention as it is just to name one off the top.

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > > This is definitely a balance issue in wvw.

> > > >

> > > > From what I've collected though, it's based on how these projectiles are coded. It has nothing to do with logic. Here is how it works:

> > > >

> > > > Certain projectile skills (usually arrow auto attacks but also Ranger LB 2-4) are coded as projectiles that are "aimed" at the point 1200 or 1500 (or whatever) range away from the user then continue to travel some distance past their range before expiring. The actual range of a ranger's LB is something more like 1700-1800, maybe a bit more if they're firing with elevation (I've heard up to 1900 range).

> > > >

> > > > Certain other projectile skills are coded as projectiles but function kind of like "slow lasers." By this I mean they're not instantaneous (like a laser) but they travel from point A to point B, mostly in a straight line before disappearing at exactly point B. There is no further travel beyond this. Skills like this include DJ on deadeye, gunblaze on berserker and trueshot on DH.

> > > >

> > > > I 100% agree with OP though. It's either all ok or none of it's ok. This is a balance issue devs should have addressed a long time ago.

> > >

> > > I still think it’s an inconsequential issue considering the ability a thief has with rifle and stealth. In my experience in WvW you want to start out with your target much closer than 1500 anyways because the moment you hit your target with DJ, they most likely bolt the opposite direction.

> > >

> > > The original post and some of the commenters here sound like they just want a nerf to Ranger LB, which in that case, the topic really belongs in the Ranger forum, not Thief.

> >

> > I'd like kneeling Rifle to have the same range as LB. I don't care if rifle's range gets access to the range buffer that ANET says is part of all ranged projectiles...or LB's range gets it's extra buffer removed - as long as the ranges are matched.

>

> What is the reason though? Other than just to say it’s equal? Does thief rifle really need that extra range? Wouldn’t you rather see attention put elsewhere such as making the rest of the elite skills actually useful? I mean, Cursed bullet needs some serious attention as it is just to name one off the top.

The reason is for it to be *fair*, either give that extra range to all ranged damage dealing projectiles, or none. This doesn't seem like the type of issue that requires much effort at all to fix. Especially when comparing it to the effort needed when re-hauling individual skills.

Cursed Bullet, while off topic, is fine right now. I'm in half Marauder/Zerk and it hits targets with low toughness for upwards of 5k, and that's unblockable, from stealth, tracking (cannot be side-stepped), and with the utility of converting 2 boons to conditions.