Clothing Tonics Now Convertible to OUTFITS!!!

Furious.2867

I love that they did this, and really hope they are open to piecing together some of the old tops and bottoms (each of which became two separate tonics already), along with a third piece that used to be part of a set of separate pieces, and eventually just became a whole outfit (witches) into one outfit. Three pieces I used to like to wear around.

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/CCFa7ON.jpg "")

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/AVfz61C.jpg "")

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/OQmLwFt.jpg "")

Not super happy with the frumpy pirate shirt and big boots they paired with the khakis, but I guess I'll make do. And as others have stated, they need an overhaul on how they do color channels on outfits.

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> These should be armor pieces.

> Sorry, I appreciate the effort, but outfits will never do.

I really want to wear glasses with these outfits, specifically the Inventor's Sunglasses. I do hope we'll see them as armor pieces one day. These and many more simple clothing items.

I regret that there weren't more pants options in town clothes originally. Sadly, the only choices for non-cultural were the khaki shorts and the riding pants. So they created the tonics with horrible jodhpurs (and upcurved foot riding boots to make it worse, at a time when we did not have mounts, but they could have used the Fancy Winter Boots which are very nice and all races can wear). And now the outfits are the same, despite multiple threads with screenshots of better mixes from before the Wardrobe.

I'm super happy they did make these into outfits. Some of the results will even be wearable (hopefully the dye channel oddities will be fixed, that doesn't seem to fall in to the category of things that once released can't be cosmetically changed since anyone who wants it all one color can just dye it thus). I just wish my slobby human guardian could have his sleeveless hoodie with loose trousers and normal shoes peeking out once more.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> I regret that there weren't more pants options in town clothes originally. Sadly, the only choices for non-cultural were the khaki shorts and the riding pants. So they created the tonics with horrible jodhpurs (and upcurved foot riding boots to make it worse, at a time when we did not have mounts, but they could have used the Fancy Winter Boots which are very nice and all races can wear). And now the outfits are the same, despite multiple threads with screenshots of better mixes from before the Wardrobe.

>

> I'm super happy they did make these into outfits. Some of the results will even be wearable (hopefully the dye channel oddities will be fixed, that doesn't seem to fall in to the category of things that once released can't be cosmetically changed since anyone who wants it all one color can just dye it thus). I just wish my slobby human guardian could have his sleeveless hoodie with loose trousers and normal shoes peeking out once more.

I agree. I know there weren't many options among the town clothes but I never liked the riding trousers or the khaki shorts, so they put me off getting most of the tonics and now the outfits. (Even if I liked them I swear my main character glares at me if I even preview a short skirt or shorts on her.)

Although looking back through old screenshots I'm reminded that my ideal combination - the human female default top and the pirate captain's trousers was never possible. Even back when they were town clothes for some reason the pirate top and trousers were 1 piece (it simply overwrote whatever trousers you wore). I'd love to be able to wear those two with the default human boots.

• 5 weeks later...

Just bumping to update that I hope ANet considers swapping out some options, all 3 of the hoodies for example use the riding pants. Where the Khaki pants is only used with the casual jacket (the baggy one). Would be nice to see them use one of eahc of khaki shorts, riding pants, and the racial legs for the 3 different hoodies, so we can get some variety in that.

Probably similar with the others, but I love my hoodies, so I noticed those the most. Used to love leather hoodie + khaki shorts. And would also love to see one of the hoodies with the racial legs as it's different per race.

> @"CharterforGw.3149" said:

> Is there some way to get the old town clothes back? I deleted them to clear my bank, before actually converting them, I didn't know you could convert them.

There are quite a few of those tonics for sale on the TP for cheap. I'd double check at the vendor that turns the tonic into clothing on the name, but iirc, it's the 'Endless Common Clothing Tonic' that is the old town clothes? But don't blindly buy based on that, double check w/ the conversion vendor. On the TP for 2s99c. You just need one, then take to the converting fellow at the TP in LA and you have a new piece of clothing all your characters can wear. :)

We went to the "meet the developers" thing in Los Angeles shortly before the game came out, they gave everyone a code to get the GW2 tshirt and a real tshirt.

We live full time in an RV and when we got back to the RV park that day they were doing a kids activity - tie-dyeing. So we both tie-dyed our white tshirts, lol. Got quite a few compliments when we would wear them. Wore them so much over the years that we wore them out :)