1 image, 1000 words

breno.5423

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > Hey, OP can you show us your utility bar for those games?

>

> Well he is definitely a thief, and judging from where he died he is probably using a melee weaponset. Most likely a typical d/p setup, possibly s/d.

>

> In the second picture he downed the necro he was fighting, but then was downed himself by the necro's downstate and then lost the downstate fight.

> In the first pic he died to a x/sh + x/Torch burn DH. I'm not sure how a thief managed to get hit by Zealot's Fire in the first pic. Zealot's Fire struggles to hit any kind of moving target, let alone a target as mobile a s a thief.

>

I run Trickster (both for reduces cooldown and condi removal) and Signet of Precision, Haste, Withdraw, and RFI, specifically due to PvP condition application, and also because I run Acrobatics and Upper Hand, so that I have plenty of evades, a really short cooldown heal (14.5s) that procs Regen and Vigor on evade, and lots of condi cleanse. I rotate out my 3rd spec line depending on how I want to play that day, but these 2 tracks stay the same due to the survivability against the current meta.

Combined with Remove-Condi-On-Evade with DD, you may want to try the above setup if you have trouble with conditions.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"Zintrothen.1056" said:

> > 55630. Was all that damage from one fight? Because I want to know how you tanked that much damage as a thief.

>

> I think it counts the damage you receive during downed state too.

No it does not count downstate damage.

Your death breakdown counts damage from the start of combat to you entering downstate. Rally will reset it.

> @"Darknicrofia.2604" said:

> lol at getting 34 hits of POISON from a burn guard, whose only source of poison is weapon swapping.

Exactly. If we believe that this was all from one source, and from what little I know of guard burn builds (and their poison output), it's most likely that the Guard had Doom sigil on both weapons, so each weapon swap inflicts 5 secs (and 5 _hits_) of poison. Judging by the high power damage you took, he most likely had Carrion amulet and 0 poison duration.

You took 34 hits of poison, so the guy had to swap his weapons 7 times. _Seven_! (7 weapon swaps = each weapon swap inflicts 5 secs/hits of poison = 35 secs/hits of poison). This means that you were in the 1v1 with this guy for at LEAST 70 seconds, and if we're being more realistic, probably around 80-90 secs. Wouldn't you say that in that time frame, taking approx. 47,000 damage is perfectly reasonable?

....Not to mention your build has more than enough cleanse, and you had time to use your heal skill 3-4 times!

> @"breno.5423" said:

> You guys know that number of hits counts like 10 hits in a second based in the number of stacks you got, right? (10 stacks = 10 hits per second, for example)

Incorrect. Condition "hits" on the death breakdown ignore stacks, rather they count the instances of damage taken from that condition.

When you see "Burning, 60 hits," you are looking at 1 minute of being inflicted with the burning condition. So both of your fights in the OP lasted a minimum of 1 minute.

And before you go "nuh-uh! Each stack is a hit!", that would require a condition damage stat of 3,482 to pull off *with* Amplified Wrath. That is so far beyond what is even possible to achieve it's not funny.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > You guys know that number of hits counts like 10 hits in a second based in the number of stacks you got, right? (10 stacks = 10 hits per second, for example)

>

> Incorrect. Condition "hits" on the death breakdown ignore stacks, rather they count the instances of damage taken from that condition.

>

> When you see "Burning, 60 hits," you are looking at 1 minute of being inflicted with the burning condition. So both of your fights in the OP lasted a minimum of 1 minute.

>

> And before you go "nuh-uh! Each stack is a hit!", that would require a condition damage stat of 3,482 to pull off *with* Amplified Wrath. That is so far beyond what is even possible to achieve it's not funny.

Mind explaining my death breakdown?

I didn't even have time to react, felt like I lost all my health in less than a second or 2.

12 hits of burning but 62k worth of damage from it

![](https://i.imgur.com/UTHcwOW.jpg "")

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > You guys know that number of hits counts like 10 hits in a second based in the number of stacks you got, right? (10 stacks = 10 hits per second, for example)

> >

> > Incorrect. Condition "hits" on the death breakdown ignore stacks, rather they count the instances of damage taken from that condition.

> >

> > When you see "Burning, 60 hits," you are looking at 1 minute of being inflicted with the burning condition. So both of your fights in the OP lasted a minimum of 1 minute.

> >

> > And before you go "nuh-uh! Each stack is a hit!", that would require a condition damage stat of 3,482 to pull off *with* Amplified Wrath. That is so far beyond what is even possible to achieve it's not funny.

>

> Mind explaining my death breakdown?

> I didn't even have time to react, felt like I lost all my health in less than a second or 2.

> 12 hits of burning but 62k worth of damage from it

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/UTHcwOW.jpg "")

>

Simply Outrageous!!

Thief, Mesmer and Elementalist already broke 50k

20k, 30k, 40k, 50k, 60k. 70k, 80k. 90k, 100k, 120k....damage, how much more toxicity will it take for Anet to be satisfied?

**When will it end??**

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > You guys know that number of hits counts like 10 hits in a second based in the number of stacks you got, right? (10 stacks = 10 hits per second, for example)

>

> Incorrect. Condition "hits" on the death breakdown ignore stacks, rather they count the instances of damage taken from that condition.

>

> When you see "Burning, 60 hits," you are looking at 1 minute of being inflicted with the burning condition. So both of your fights in the OP lasted a minimum of 1 minute.

>

> And before you go "nuh-uh! Each stack is a hit!", that would require a condition damage stat of 3,482 to pull off *with* Amplified Wrath. That is so far beyond what is even possible to achieve it's not funny.

I'm not easily killable, but none of these fights lasted more than 1 minute (i guess).

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> Anyone else notice the “Upgrade to a full account” in the warrior screenshots? Seems like maybe he’s playing baseline specs or 2 separate accounts.

Yep, i have 3 accounts. I don't play my main account till the last days of the season (holding my rating). The second one is this account which i play cond S/D daredevil and the third is that free account which i help my friends in rankeds (the 2 other accounts are 1600+).

I've been hit by 32 stacks of confusion before, and i saw someone get hit by that much in torment. Mesmer can normally drop around 20 before disappearing. It really makes no sense,

it used to be difficult to maintain 10 of any stackable condition. Burning could not be stacked so you never would see 60k in burn damage. Poison already affected healing so it wasnt stackable either.