favorite race to play

czerwoni.9563

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @czerwoni.9563 said:

> > @FrizzFreston.5290 said:

> > Human. I wanted to pick asura or charr, but sadly the charr armor options are too limited and asuras are too small and have most armour as gender neutral.

> >

> > Sylvari could be cool, until I feel that the story is a bit too central around them.

> >

> > Norn do have alot of cultural stuff that sadly needs more attention, to convince me that they are separate from humans.

> >

> > Thus humans. Which have the history, armour aesthetics, and such all to their advantage. So that it becomes easier to overlook the minor issues they have.

>

> the norn are amazing culture wise, humans are cool too they ruled then lost then made alliances lol

Oh yeah, I just feel its not as pronounced as it could be.

> @FrizzFreston.5290 said:

> > @czerwoni.9563 said:

> > > @FrizzFreston.5290 said:

> > > Human. I wanted to pick asura or charr, but sadly the charr armor options are too limited and asuras are too small and have most armour as gender neutral.

> > >

> > > Sylvari could be cool, until I feel that the story is a bit too central around them.

> > >

> > > Norn do have alot of cultural stuff that sadly needs more attention, to convince me that they are separate from humans.

> > >

> > > Thus humans. Which have the history, armour aesthetics, and such all to their advantage. So that it becomes easier to overlook the minor issues they have.

> >

> > the norn are amazing culture wise, humans are cool too they ruled then lost then made alliances lol

>

> Oh yeah, I just feel its not as pronounced as it could be.

happens lol, i miss dervish if the dervish came back id make a norn dervish and run final rest lol

• 2 months later...

#SaladPride!Sylvari were the nail in the coffin, for me. Started with the four of them initially (one for each season: ranger, guardian, elementalist, and warrior) and then made two asuras (Engi & Necro). :p Recently made a charr revenenant--she's a pretty kitty xD --a white tigress who's no one's kitten!Now just waiting for tengu to become playable :# Lydaeia, Ranger of Spring's Glade

http://i66.tinypic.com/2nsyrnl.jpg

Aedraeyna, Guardian of Summer's Knights

http://i68.tinypic.com/211p3yb.jpg

Viaenne, Tempest of Autumn's Winds

http://i67.tinypic.com/2w3dtgj.jpg

Miaera, Warrior of Winter's Solstice

http://i65.tinypic.com/o5xt01.jpg

Xyrra, Engineer for Lease

http://i67.tinypic.com/24peaog.jpg

Ymrii, Reaper of the Unknowable

http://i65.tinypic.com/zu2osk.jpg

Jeide Luen, Agent for Hire

http://i64.tinypic.com/30cytl1.jpg

Nayerlu Vespertine, the Renegade White Tigress

http://i67.tinypic.com/kccf2b.jpg

Hrijn Eivorsdottir, the Mirage of the Snow Leopard

http://i67.tinypic.com/of65ic.jpg

Out of my 6 I got

2 Humans

2 Asuras

1 Sylvari

1 Giant Human

My favourite is and will always be human as I usually like playing a race that I can mold to be... well me.

Asuras are cool, awesome, funny, nice so I also like them as well so they're a close second.

I would have more Sylvaris, but there's only one look I like for Sylvaris and I already made one. Don't think I want a double of her.

Norns I really have a problem with making "look good" for me. I just wing it for the one I have.

Charrs, My issues are simply I don't like any of the hair choices and the face choices. Or I would've made one long before I even made a Norn.

I am a fan of the fantasy elements of the game, so I naturally gravitate to Sylvari as my favorite race in this game; granted I do have a fair amount of Asura alts as well! For my Sylvari main(s) I have a lot of fun with the color options that are offered in character creation, and for my Asura alt(s)...well...I love how snarky they are.

Playing since beta, and have never taken any break. I have created/deleted loads of chars aside of my base toons. My original intention was to have at least one of each race, but it did not work for me.

There are the races I like and the races I use. Unfortunately, that's not fully compatible. For me - only one race does match both: Human. That's why I select it as my preferred one.

To explain a bit: Appearance and Movement (I am an jumping addict) are the two important factors to me, plus some race specific factors with the consequence that:

- Silvari:

I like one face and no hair. So, I have one Silvari with the unique face I like and a haircut that I find OK enough. That's it and I can therefore not declare them preferred.

- Norn:

I do love them. One of my preferred face is a Norn one. BUT: Their apparent slow motion gets me mad. They are a pain in confined space. The camera gets erratic in many JPs due to their size. I have only one Norn and very rarely use it.

- Asura:

My unique asura is really cute. BUT: I cannot jump with asura and most of all, I hate my toon disappears as soon as running with bigger chars, pets and/or minions. So, once more, I have only one and very rarely use it.

- Charr:

I have none. They are the worst to me. Due to the hump at the top of their neck, their "hands" and "feets", I dislike their appearance. I dislike the look of armors and outfits on charrs, as well as faces and haircut. At the top of it, I can't jump with them and I also can't get used to how they move.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> Now I would like to see Anet's numbers about race distribution. I'm pretty sure human comes first with a wide gap to the second. Even if you don't count key farming throw-away accounts. I play mostly humans and it's the race I see most in the game.

Someone mentioned once that Arenanet say that the least human classes at times not worth it to make items for as not many play them.

I would assume this mean Human/Sylvari will be top and maybe Norn would be 3rd as they do have a unique style/shape to them.

Which then have Asura I would assume 4th and Charr being behind.

I like most of the races. I managed to make one Charr character I liked the look of, but my attempts at Asura were just garbage. If I ever make another Asura, I will require the extra options from the makeover kit.

My Sylvari is nice and I'll probably make another eventually. I made a lot of Norns and humans. They have a lot of nice hairstyles. For me, the hairstyles make the race.

YAY! 'VARIs got more votes than those wascally Asura! XD I'm not alone in my love for plant people (and related groups)!

I have a female Sylvari Scrapper that wields a Trained Attack Choya Hammer. Whenever I put the commander tag on this character, people always flock to her tag. I always get a akick out of that. Maybe it's her Disney-esque looks. Maybe people think that the pair look hilarious. I dont know. This yellow Sylvari and her choya companion weapon seem to have more charisma than my main Sylvari, a blue male Holosmith who carries his Mawdrey everywhere with him.

My main reminds me a bit too much of Luke Skywalker. Maybe it's that Elonian Light Saber sword. Whenever I have the Maracas Choya mini following him, I can't help but think of R2D2 following Luke. LOL.

**Salad elves, Mawdreys, and Choyas forever! Woo hoo!**

Most of my chars are human as I adore the starting area and love the high fantasy-esque capital (despite not liking the personal story that much). So, numbers-wise I would vote for humans. BUT:

I have to admit that all of the capitals have their very own charme and all of them are able to leave me staring here and there.

Also, I love Sylvari for their colorfulness. Recently met a red-barked Sylvari Ele who wore light blue robes and had bright green leaves - blew my mind!

I even overcame my prejudice and played an Asura, which blew my mind as well, as all those jerky movements and jumps really made me laugh at some times - the only downside being that I could not play a "serious" char with all that funny wonkiness, but still.

Norn - tall humans with lots of north european beer feast mentality, so what's not to like as a guy from germany? - are still on my to-do list as their heavy cultural armor is just sooo amazing!

Charr... well. I did all I could to try and love that race. I played various classes. I really forced myself to keep going because at most points, Charr are just magnificent. Think about the sheer number of fur colors and patterns. About all those horns, teeth and ears. Dat voice acting! The unsheath animation of the rifle - so amazing! But all that awesomeness could not stop me from dropping the race eventually, because I just friggin hate the run animation. Get me right, it looks nice aesthetics-wise. I just don't like being on all fours while still looking so darn slow when running because of my sheer bulkiness.

TL;DR: All races are just so cool, but numbers-wise, humans rule my char stable.