German servers on WvW

IceTcK.4358

Is it just me or did anyone notice the german servers allliances in WvW? Each time i was linked agaisnt 2 german servers, those servers were focusing on the 3rd server. They mostly flipped camps between them nothing more. They just taking turns into flipping home border land or EB. Whats your opinion?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > they may be just taking advantage of the situation. i would do the same if i find it beneficial to my party.

>

> So youre saying there's an indirect alliance?

no. say server 1 2 3. 3 has sm t3. 1 attacks sm. 3 defends. i'd attack server 3's land since it will be to my benefit that sm is t0 so i can take it too.

servr 1 and me are not allies, i just took advantage of the situation.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > they may be just taking advantage of the situation. i would do the same if i find it beneficial to my party.

> >

> > So youre saying there's an indirect alliance?

>

> no. say server 1 2 3. 3 has sm t3. 1 attacks sm. 3 defends. i'd attack server 3's land since it will be to my benefit that sm is t0 so i can take it too.

>

> servr 1 and me are not allies, i just took advantage of the situation.

What if 1 and 3 are both german servers? Who will you attack?

> @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> > > @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > they may be just taking advantage of the situation. i would do the same if i find it beneficial to my party.

> > >

> > > So youre saying there's an indirect alliance?

> >

> > no. say server 1 2 3. 3 has sm t3. 1 attacks sm. 3 defends. i'd attack server 3's land since it will be to my benefit that sm is t0 so i can take it too.

> >

> > servr 1 and me are not allies, i just took advantage of the situation.

>

> What if 1 and 3 are both german servers? Who will you attack?

3.because 3. has sm. it is situational. the idea is to split their attention.

example i have my 7 dh team. we attack veloka, they def, main team or other com will hit sm. they may kill the com or me but if thy are spread, they may lose something.

---

when i was in deso, germans were always hitting each other. so... kind of surprised in your situation or is your team the weaker of the three?

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > they may be just taking advantage of the situation. i would do the same if i find it beneficial to my party.

> > > >

> > > > So youre saying there's an indirect alliance?

> > >

> > > no. say server 1 2 3. 3 has sm t3. 1 attacks sm. 3 defends. i'd attack server 3's land since it will be to my benefit that sm is t0 so i can take it too.

> > >

> > > servr 1 and me are not allies, i just took advantage of the situation.

> >

> > What if 1 and 3 are both german servers? Who will you attack?

>

> 3.because 3. has sm. it is situational. the idea is to split their attention.

>

> example i have my 7 dh team. we attack veloka, they def, main team or other com will hit sm. they may kill the com or me but if thy are spread, they may lose something.

>

> ---

>

> when i was in deso, germans were always hitting each other. so... kind of surprised in your situation or is your team the weaker of the three?

1 thing is being deso, other thing is when you are on a german server. As i mentioned above its a personal opinion due to some time of observation over the german server movements

> @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> > > @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > they may be just taking advantage of the situation. i would do the same if i find it beneficial to my party.

> > > > >

> > > > > So youre saying there's an indirect alliance?

> > > >

> > > > no. say server 1 2 3. 3 has sm t3. 1 attacks sm. 3 defends. i'd attack server 3's land since it will be to my benefit that sm is t0 so i can take it too.

> > > >

> > > > servr 1 and me are not allies, i just took advantage of the situation.

> > >

> > > What if 1 and 3 are both german servers? Who will you attack?

> >

> > 3.because 3. has sm. it is situational. the idea is to split their attention.

> >

> > example i have my 7 dh team. we attack veloka, they def, main team or other com will hit sm. they may kill the com or me but if thy are spread, they may lose something.

> >

> > ---

> >

> > when i was in deso, germans were always hitting each other. so... kind of surprised in your situation or is your team the weaker of the three?

>

> 1 thing is being deso, other thing is when you are on a german server. As i mentioned above its a personal opinion due to some time of observation over the german server movements

hehe i am no longer in deso.

but, you never know. commanders may talk.

for me, if you're red, and i can kill you, you're dead.

but if i have an ally com who says they working with server.2, then i will..=)

There is no alliance in any way between the German servers (other than the one set by anet due to linking ofc). In fact most German servers hate eachother with a passion. This goes so far that there are guilds around just for mocking the other server. What you see is what Sovereign already said: Normal opportunistic behavior in WvW.

As a side note, I read that this used to hold true for the French servers also (which are heavier linked than the German ones these days though).

I don't think we have been in a match against 2 german servers, but we have fought many German and French servers over past months in various combinations. I have not noticed any language-based alliances, not between non-English servers or within English speaking servers.

I these lower tiers, where I expect double-german matchups to happen, there just isn't that many players around anymore. Some servers still run nighcapping tags or have special guilds who only undefended capture objectives, but these are quite rare. Objectives are flipped usually not based on language of each server, but how long it takes to capture. Many players do not even care about points or winning, they just log into WvW for the fights.

The game was designed to encourage 2 v 1. Because the servers are German may make a difference, but often it is targets of opportunity.

In the ideal world, the third and second place servers will attack the first place server.

However, map and match politics dictate third and first hitting second because both third and first want second to do poorly.

I noticed that too. I don't think they formerly ally but they do make short term non aggression pacts to turn the game into a 2 vs 1. Tiered pips rewards do encourage that, and there isn't much ANet can do about it, unless they're fine with taking on immense engineering tasks like having the server determining that it's indeed a 2 vs 1 situation and dealing with it one way or another. I don't believe this is absolutely impossible, I just think that it's not exactly the new content the game mode needs.

I'm not saying temporary pacts don't happen because they do and I've witnessed that several times, although it's not extremely common on my server, it's just that commanders know each other so they know who to PM. I just don't think that meddling with server politics should be ANet's top priority when we badly need new content instead.

> @"Rennie.6750" said:

> I noticed that too. I don't think they formerly ally but they do make short term non aggression pacts to turn the game into a 2 vs 1. Tiered pips rewards do encourage that, and there isn't much ANet can do about it, unless they're fine with taking on immense engineering tasks like having the server determining that it's indeed a 2 vs 1 situation and dealing with it one way or another. I don't believe this is absolutely impossible, I just think that it's not exactly the new content the game mode needs.

>

> I'm not saying temporary pacts don't happen because they do and I've witnessed that several times, although it's not extremely common on my server, it's just that commanders know each other so they know who to PM. I just don't think that meddling with server politics should be ANet's top priority when we badly need new content instead.

server politics adds another dimension to leadership skills. even the kings of old had to play politics with other countries, so this adds more spice to battles.

I play on a german server and to me it always seems like the french like to team up against us but I also know that most of those situations happen based on opportunity.

When I'm running with my guild we usually react instantly when we see the two opposing servers fight somewhere on the map and start getting the objectives of the weaker of the two since they most of the time won't be able to defend while fighting the other server - it's just a strategic decision and not a team up.

Unless of course one server starts to stand in front of your base on ETB while the other server is taking your keep after both servers waved at each other for a good 5 Minutes (And yes, I've witnessed that)

Is that so bad? There are servers who work together against the third, no matter whether they're national or international or even NA.

There was only one case in which I'd say the two servers teamed up against us (international) - but there's also a case in which someone told me that their server wouldn't attack us anymore because they wanted us to win (and they were serious). Happens, nothing to be mad about.

> @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> Is it just me or did anyone notice the german servers allliances in WvW? Each time i was linked agaisnt 2 german servers, those servers were focusing on the 3rd server. They mostly flipped camps between them nothing more. They just taking turns into flipping home border land or EB. Whats your opinion?

complete bs... last week it was abbadon/dzago (german) vs kodash (german) vs jademeer (french)... when ever a abba/dzago showed up.. kodash and jade immediatly stopped fighting each other to kill the abba/dzago first.

Disagree with OP. I play on a german server and know we don't form alliances. Like many said, we like to use the opportunity for capturing stuff. If the green team have t3 SM then ofc the other two server are trying to get rid of it, even if they have to work together indirectly. Another thing is: Germans like to fight each other. So it's usually the french/spanish/international server that profits. Last night for example: They(the other german server) took everything from us, and left the international server alone. When we capped back out stuff, they came again. And again. And again... While the international server still have T3 stuff.

> @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> Is it just me or did anyone notice the german servers allliances in WvW? Each time i was linked agaisnt 2 german servers, those servers were focusing on the 3rd server. They mostly flipped camps between them nothing more. They just taking turns into flipping home border land or EB. Whats your opinion?

Yep, I've nightcapped EotM for a while and also noticed this. Green and red scout each others keep, and exchange bait characters to pull into full-size blobs of the other enemy team.

> @"Juidodin.5829" said:

> complete bs... last week it was abbadon/dzago (german) vs kodash (german) vs jademeer (french)... when ever a abba/dzago showed up.. kodash and jade immediatly stopped fighting each other to kill the abba/dzago first.

The only bs is that Germans only ally with Germans. Kodash is red this week and happily cooperate with the greens. It's even more obvious Kodash' team is the underdog, since they for some reason never cap green fortress.

> @"TwinFrozr.6214" said:

> > @"IceTcK.4358" said:

> > Is it just me or did anyone notice the german servers allliances in WvW? Each time i was linked agaisnt 2 german servers, those servers were focusing on the 3rd server. They mostly flipped camps between them nothing more. They just taking turns into flipping home border land or EB. Whats your opinion?

>

> Yep, I've nightcapped EotM for a while and also noticed this. Green and red scout each others keep, and exchange bait characters to pull into full-size blobs of the other enemy team.

>

> > @"Juidodin.5829" said:

> > complete bs... last week it was abbadon/dzago (german) vs kodash (german) vs jademeer (french)... when ever a abba/dzago showed up.. kodash and jade immediatly stopped fighting each other to kill the abba/dzago first.

> The only bs is that Germans only ally with Germans. Kodash is red this week and happily cooperate with the greens. It's even more obvious Kodash' team is the underdog, since they for some reason never cap green fortress.

So...., EOTM isn't server based. So those 'green' servers would include any server that is green in their EU matchup for you.

So the chance of them all being German are quite small.

> Yep, I've nightcapped **EotM** for a while and also noticed this. Green and red scout each others keep, and exchange bait characters to pull into full-size blobs of the other enemy team.

I noticed that you don't understand game mechanics.

> The only bs is that Germans only ally with Germans. Kodash is red this week and happily cooperate with the greens. It's even more obvious Kodash' team is the underdog, since they for some reason never cap green fortress.

We are cooperating with Vaabi?

What did you smoke?