What is the best way to build AR?

OpLickem.8250

So far I have been just tossing random AR infusions on my armour and accessories then stripping them as I get enough to combine and craft higher ones but it seems so slow. I feel like I should wear my highest ones and just keep combing extras instead. Stripping all the time seems expensive (over time) like I may as well just buy higher infusions and get if over with.

Any suggestions? I currently have 51 AR just from combining and using +1 infusions. I hope to play T4 one day. I think I need something like 150 AR for that, am I right?

Any help you could give to a relatively new fractal player would be great. Thanks!

Step 1: Play fractals avoid buying AR from the TP

Step 2: (The hardest step) Don't throw away gold or other fractal materials

Step 3: Once you have your ascended rings of choice and have the appropriate fractal mastery level Infuse and Attune your rings.

Step 4: Combine your accumulated +1 AR's into +9's, Slot all 6 into rings.

Step 5: Get remaining trinkets and again slot +9's

Step 6: Work on / Acquire via luck Weapons & Armor. Once again Slot with +9's

Step 7: Craft an Ascended fractal capacitor, Infuse it Slot with +9's

You're done.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> Step 1: Play fractals avoid buying AR from the TP

> Step 2: (The hardest step) Don't throw away gold or other fractal materials

> Step 3: Once you have your ascended rings of choice and have the appropriate fractal mastery level Infuse and Attune your rings.

> Step 4: Combine your accumulated +1 AR's into +9's, Slot all 6 into rings.

> Step 5: Get remaining trinkets and again slot +9's

> Step 6: Work on / Acquire via luck Weapons & Armor. Once again Slot with +9's

> Step 7: Craft an Ascended fractal capacitor, Infuse it Slot with +9's

>

> You're done.

But that would give you 18 * 9 = 162 Agony Resistance. A waste of money. As is infusing the backpack, you have to put 250 ectos into the forge. If you don't infuse it, you still end up with 151 AR but saved 96 gold. You really only need exactly 150 AR.

> @Faaris.8013 said:

> > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > Step 1: Play fractals avoid buying AR from the TP

> > Step 2: (The hardest step) Don't throw away gold or other fractal materials

> > Step 3: Once you have your ascended rings of choice and have the appropriate fractal mastery level Infuse and Attune your rings.

> > Step 4: Combine your accumulated +1 AR's into +9's, Slot all 6 into rings.

> > Step 5: Get remaining trinkets and again slot +9's

> > Step 6: Work on / Acquire via luck Weapons & Armor. Once again Slot with +9's

> > Step 7: Craft an Ascended fractal capacitor, Infuse it Slot with +9's

> >

> > You're done.

>

> But that would give you 18 * 9 = 162 Agony Resistance. A waste of money. As is infusing the backpack, you have to put 250 ectos into the forge. If you don't infuse it, you still end up with 151 AR but saved 96 gold. You really only need exactly 150 AR.

What I've done is put +9s in all the ascessories, put four +9s in armor and two +7s, and put +5s in all of my weapons. This was mainly done because it's easier to get multiple weapons with +5/+5 this way (once you do your 5th weapon, it's cheaper), but should hold true for normal infusions.

> @Azoqu.8917 said:

> > @Faaris.8013 said:

> > > @TexZero.7910 said:

> > > Step 1: Play fractals avoid buying AR from the TP

> > > Step 2: (The hardest step) Don't throw away gold or other fractal materials

> > > Step 3: Once you have your ascended rings of choice and have the appropriate fractal mastery level Infuse and Attune your rings.

> > > Step 4: Combine your accumulated +1 AR's into +9's, Slot all 6 into rings.

> > > Step 5: Get remaining trinkets and again slot +9's

> > > Step 6: Work on / Acquire via luck Weapons & Armor. Once again Slot with +9's

> > > Step 7: Craft an Ascended fractal capacitor, Infuse it Slot with +9's

> > >

> > > You're done.

> >

> > But that would give you 18 * 9 = 162 Agony Resistance. A waste of money. As is infusing the backpack, you have to put 250 ectos into the forge. If you don't infuse it, you still end up with 151 AR but saved 96 gold. You really only need exactly 150 AR.

>

> What I've done is put +9s in all the ascessories, put four +9s in armor and two +7s, and put +5s in all of my weapons. This was mainly done because it's easier to get multiple weapons with +5/+5 this way (once you do your 5th weapon, it's cheaper), but should hold true for normal infusions.

That works too, but you still have to infuse a backpack. I've only done this twice, my last fractal character just got more +9 infusions instead, it's cheaper than spending 250 ectos. You need to do a lot of weapon switching to make up for the lost ectos, in most cases, an uninfused backpack will do.

The way i have done is to put +7 in my armor and the rest with +9. you will have exact 150ar this way. There are other ways of doing it, but i find this particularly the best one working for me. Cause you only have to deal with 2 types of infusions which is easier to remember and swap with other characters if needed. Plus if you plan on going for attributed infusions, you can keep the same scheme. As the attributed ones only come with +7 and +9 iirc.

Thank you all very much for your responses!

I see now that 150 is all that I will need so that is helpful to have a overview of my end goal and how I should get to that point (what combinations I should use, in particular). The link to the Wiki helped very much as well. I had been looking on there a little bit but hadn't been to that specific page. It was more for combining and gaining higher infusions.

From what I can see, it will be best to just keep upgrading my +1 infusions into higher and higher ones. I don't mind the time it takes to do that and that is how I've been gaining all of my AR so far. It just seemed that it was going to be a bit expensive to keep ripping the infusions off my gear as I need them to be combined and was curious about the cost of that versus the cost of just buying the infusions straight up.

I'm not up to T4 yet and I believe I can only go up to about level 30 with my current AR (further if using buffs and singularities) but the fractals I'm doing right now are not good for making gold. I'm hoping that the rewards will be much better later on and I'm assuming it is since running T4 at least for the dailies seems to be quite popular.

Thanks again so much. I will keep plugging away at my infusions for now and slowly grind up my AR. I don't really want to get into spending most of my cash that I earn through other parts of the game just for this purpose but I might break down. Fractals are very fun. :)

I would just buy enough +9 infusions on the trading post to get access to L40 Molten Boss without having to use tear of alba or singularities. You break even quickly at that point because you can make actual money playing that fractal. That's about the point where fractals have really good returns. The higher you get, the better the rewards, so purchasing infusions is a good investment. I bought almost all infusions for my first character on the Trading Post. You are quickly at a point where you are the one selling them. If two people started at the same point, I'm sure the one who buys infusions is better off soon compared to the one who grinds for +1 infusions and slowly upgrades his slots. Every removal of infusions from gear costs 20 silver btw. Also, it doesn't really matter if you combine them yourself or let the cat golem do that, golem is just faster. When I have a few hundred +1 infusions in my inventory, I just upgrade them to +9s at the golem and sell on the TP.

If you are good at fractals, you might get into higher tiers with the group without expecting it. You want to be prepared for that and have enough AR at hand. Ascended armor is another issue though, I crafted my first set. But even with ascended trinkets alone, you can get 81 AR and do everything up to L61. That's pretty good for working on ascended weapons, which give you another 2 slots, which opens up full T3 basically (those few missing AR points at the highest T3 make no difference). From that point on though you'll need ascended armor.

T3 is the worst tier for pugging because it's full of wannabes who don't make it to T4 but think they are king because they team up with players who are new to T3. But that's just more encouragement to get that ascended armor done to leave that zone behind.

Thanks so much Faaris and ugrakarma!

I have heard of the fractal 40 farm although I never looked into what it actually was and what the returns are mostly because I haven't gotten enough AR to get that high yet. If it is that good of a return, I am seriously considering just picking up enough AR for that at least and, as you say, selling the additional infusions I'll end up getting and making later on while playing. I think I will look into the method and returns of the farm first before I do that, though. I'll mostly be playing with guild mates so I shouldn't have an issue dealing with pugs and they are much more experienced with the higher level fractals.

For some reason, I was thinking the +9's would be much more expensive than that. I could afford to buy them all to get the 150 AR off the bat but I would rather not spend all of my cash on that especially before finding out that I can make all of that back decently enough in fractals alone.

Great feedback, guys! Going to hop in game and get this sorted out now! Cheers

Edit: Oh yeah, and the ascended stuff is no problem! ^^ I've already got my fractal chars in full ascended gear and with infusions on everything. They're just mostly lower infusions that I haven't gotten enough of to trade for the bigger ones yet.