Legendary weapons should be a step above ascended

Greasy.7609

> @"Greasy.7609" said:

> Legendary weapons are certainly a huge goal for any player. It wows other players with the visual and sound effects when your hero walks around with the rainbows of the bifrost or seeing firey footfalls of Rodgort.

>

> To make them even more super they should supply a 5% bump in combo stats and weapon damage above an ascended weapon or armor piece.

>

> Just something to think about this holiday season.

They are super enough.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leggies already are a step up from ascended, due to the free two-click stat swapping.

The legendary system is great as it is; completely optional. If we start driving players toward HAVING to create legendaries, nothing good is going to happen. Little to no gear treadmill is one of the best selling points for Guild Wars 2, and I hope to never see that change.

If this was ever implemented, I would sooner or later quit. Not because I am against a gear treadmill by default, but because I would want to arm my characters with legendaries instead of ascended weapons then and would be bored to tears with that within hours. It could only be done when the requirements to get one are drastically limited or if they are all tradeable.

> @"AstralDusk.1670" said:

> Ascended was added specifically to be an obtainable alternative to legendaries. Before that, the game was exactly what you're asking for-- legendaries were a big step over exotics. So I doubt they'd revert to a system that they intentionally overhauled.

No they were not. Legendaries used to have exotic stats before ascended was introduced. Legendaries were buffed to match the ascended ones.

No, legendaries are fine how they are. No stat increase is needed over ascended.

Ameepa is right. Legendaries were in the game with exotic stats prior to the addition of ascended gear. When ascended gear was shoe horned into the game, legendaries then received ascended stats. They were never meant (as per the devs comments back then) to have any stat increase over the top gear tier's stats. They were a cosmetic only upgrade so that you could show off how dedicated you were (or how much money you were willing to spend, since all gen 1 legendaries can be bought/sold on the BLTC).

> @"stone cold.8609" said:

> No, legendaries are fine how they are. No stat increase is needed over ascended.

>

> Ameepa is right. Legendaries were in the game with exotic stats prior to the addition of ascended gear. When ascended gear was shoe horned into the game, legendaries then received ascended stats. They were never meant (as per the devs comments back then) to have any stat increase over the top gear tier's stats. They were a cosmetic only upgrade so that you could show off how dedicated you were (or how much money you were willing to spend, since all gen 1 legendaries can be bought/sold on the BLTC).

Not to mention legendaries was soulbound and pre-wardrobe, so you had to make two legendary pistols if you wanted to dualwield on a thief for example... and a third and fourth if you wanted it on the engineer.

All I really want is sigil swap, that annoys me to no end.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> Well this suggestion was bound to happen... and no doubt will happen again.. and again.. and again.. until Anet gives in and provides Legendary items a stat boots to placate their players.

>

> Why delay the inevitable.

>

> Do I think this would be a massive train wreck, alienate huge portions of the player base, and cause massive fiscal loss to Anet.. yes.. yes I do.. but, lets get real, this request will never stop... so.. much like anything that is going to end badly., waiting will not improve the situation.

Serious question

Do you actually care about the health of the game or just a troll because the cynicism in your post is of the charts.

You probably should get a more positive outlook on life.

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > Well this suggestion was bound to happen... and no doubt will happen again.. and again.. and again.. until Anet gives in and provides Legendary items a stat boots to placate their players.

> >

> > Why delay the inevitable.

> >

> > Do I think this would be a massive train wreck, alienate huge portions of the player base, and cause massive fiscal loss to Anet.. yes.. yes I do.. but, lets get real, this request will never stop... so.. much like anything that is going to end badly., waiting will not improve the situation.

>

> Serious question

>

> Do you actually care about the health of the game or just a troll because the cynicism in your post is of the charts.

> You probably should get a more positive outlook on life.

I think a better use of your time would be directed this kind of question towards those that are always looking for ways to make the game worse overall, like.. the OPs

> @"stone cold.8609" said:

> No, legendaries are fine how they are. No stat increase is needed over ascended.

>

> Ameepa is right. Legendaries were in the game with exotic stats prior to the addition of ascended gear. When ascended gear was shoe horned into the game, legendaries then received ascended stats. They were never meant (as per the devs comments back then) to have any stat increase over the top gear tier's stats. They were a cosmetic only upgrade so that you could show off how dedicated you were (or how much money you were willing to spend, since all gen 1 legendaries can be bought/sold on the BLTC).

My bad, I misremembered then.

> @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > @"Vulf.3098" said:

> > > @"Veprovina.4876" said:

> > > Well, the item grind isn't really minimal in any way but ok...

> > > Still. I agree, OP's suggestion is really bad for a variety of reasons.

> >

> > Compared to other MMO's that take several weeks of grinding raids and relying on RNG to get the best end game stat gear makes gw2 pretty minimal in comparison. The fact I can grind RIBA, Lake doric and ls3 for about 3 days to and have a full set of Ascended gear is amazing.

> >

>

> Well yeah, ascended isn't that hard to get. Hell, i even got an ascended weapon chest drop in WvW the other day. Wasn't expecting that lol.

>

> But legendary? I'll take a few weeks of RNG grinding over a year of WvW grinding to get enough skirmish tickets...

> Oh well... Anet's anti grind policy at it's best.

The anti grind policy was about mandatory grind. Legendaries are not mandatory. MMOs need grind to invest people.

Legendaries should never be more powerful than ascended.

> @"Greasy.7609" said:

> Legendary weapons are certainly a huge goal for any player. It wows other players with the visual and sound effects when your hero walks around with the rainbows of the bifrost or seeing firey footfalls of Rodgort.

>

> To make them even more super they should supply a 5% bump in combo stats and weapon damage above an ascended weapon or armor piece.

>

This has come up in the past, usually from players who came to GW2 from other MMOs.

The most resonant answer always has been: NO!

I doubt you will get a very different one now.

Happy holidays.

> @"Greasy.7609" said:

>

>

Hell no, please don't, nope.

This game is about cosmetic endgame, legendaries, having swappable stats is what you gain besides the skin and it's good like that, has worked for so many ppl so far and I would'nt change that. If you give Legendaries a 5% buff to stats, you will see "full legy" lfg-groups for raids and fractals, sure you want that? I could run with these groups, could you?

If you want them to give us something, then they shuold make sigils and infusions swappable on legendary weapons, so that all legendary items work the same wasy and you can actually swap your build on the go. I main guardian, and to switch from power oriented DH to condi oriented FB I need other sigils in my weapons, but since I can't swap them, I had to by a second Scepter and a second Torch. I crafted both, Rodgort and Meteorologicus, invested something between 4k and 5k gold in these weapons, I shouldn't have to buy extra weapons at this point...

God... the players in this game really are insanely casual. God forbid this game gets some kind of Tank/Healer/DPS roles, it will completely destroy this game... oh wait.

Anet needs to stray away from this casual BS and introduce some kind of gear progression using dungeons and fractals and raids to their full potential. I login and find no point in doing anything. This games population will tank after a while if something doesn't change. A shame because I really like the combat and the animations/ world design.

> @"Incarne.4927" said:

> God... the players in this game really are insanely casual. God forbid this game gets some kind of Tank/Healer/DPS roles, it will completely destroy this game... oh wait.

>

> Anet needs to stray away from this casual BS and introduce some kind of gear progression using dungeons and fractals and raids to their full potential. I login and find no point in doing anything. This games population will tank after a while if something doesn't change. A shame because I really like the combat and the animations/ world design.

There are other games available that can fulfill your gear treadmill and Holy Trinity needs if this game isn't doing it for you. It sounds like you would be happier in one of those MMO's than here.

Not every MMO needs to follow the generic, rote checklist of Holy Trinity, subscription model, and gear treadmill. I'm glad Anet doesn't follow that checklist.

If that makes me causal then I'm proud to wear the label. Better to be bad at video games than mad at video games. ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

> @"TheOrlyFactor.8341" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > half of the people here were pizdets in wow and got gear winned by others, so now they have phobia from advancing further. suki. pashli vi vse nahuy

>

> Do you have stats/information to prove this or are you just pulling a random number and claim out of thin air?

No proof but longtime GW2 players notice a trend over the years:

- every time a WoW expansion grows dated, there is spillover player wise because people grow bored

- around that time the amount of threads which ask for gear progression increases (mind you, it's not always limited to legendary gear, there is variation)

- long term GW2 players (and new ones who enjoy the itemization model) kindly point out that there is a wide abundance of other MMOs in the market which provide gear progression

Is this subjective? Absolutely. Stick around long enough though and you'll get to experience it too.

The bright side: once the next WoW expansion hits, some players leave to start their item grind from scratch all over again. So the problem usually goes away by its self, only to reaper a year later...

> @"Incarne.4927" said:

> God... the players in this game really are insanely casual. God forbid this game gets some kind of Tank/Healer/DPS roles, it will completely destroy this game... oh wait.

>

> Anet needs to stray away from this casual BS and introduce some kind of gear progression using dungeons and fractals and raids to their full potential. I login and find no point in doing anything. This games population will tank after a while if something doesn't change. A shame because I really like the combat and the animations/ world design.

Or maybe I'm not a stupid horse that's on a treadmill with a dangling carrot in front of me.

The whole process of:

Level up.

Get decent gear.

Farm/Hunt for better gear either to craft or through rng drops.

Barely finish or never finish gear as I don't have all the time in the world to hunt all those things.

Finally new gear comes out making the last stuff I haven't finished being worthless and now having to hunt for the new set to keep up progress.

Repeat back to step 3 over and over until I get fed up and leave the game or the server closes.

The reason I'm still on this game, and trust me I never thought I would've lasted long in a game with a theme like GW2 is, is because it IS set up in a way that I can gradually aim for my armour and gear and set up.

I've only just got my 1st ascended gear like a week ago and I have 0 ascended armour. I have no clue how many months or year(s) it might take for me to get my 1st set. To have to go through those dreaded legendary process that I have no way to even get them as I have no way to raid as my classes are not wanted in raids, and I've always found competition boring so any form of PvP whether it's called PvP or WvW are super boring to me.

The next issue would be that I would go through all that and then what? 99% of the time would transmutate the legendary that cost thousands to make... as I either don't like how the legendary look and/or I don't like the aura/footprints/glow of it.

My Ascended Focus looks like the cheap Exotic Voodoo Doll. My Ascended Pistols are Pact Pistols. My torch is the Touch of Madness which is also Exotic and so on and so forth.

All in all I see no benefit in this whole "I need to be stronger... then weaker... then stronger" demographic.

If you don't like how this game is doing things, then leave.

Arenanet as I've heard tried to go your route with how they originally made Orr and how HoT started until those got nerfed and then even other things that I didn't find hard like the Ghost Eater got nerfed too.

There's many games out there for those needs you like. Not every game needs it.

It's the same like those PvP players saying we need PvP in PvE because that Black Desert Online game does it...... or... or or or.... or................ go and play that game if you like that feature.

I like killing hundreds of enemies/soldiers in Dynasty/Gundam/Samurai/FotNS/Hyrule Warriors games, I wouldn't go to a Dark Souls game and wonder why I can't get that same feeling in the game and that they should go that route and not make it so "mean and hard and evil and unfair and cheap and waaaaaah" because those games are not made for me and not made that specific way.

I recommend Phantasy Star Online 2 for you.

They even got a "Gem Shop".

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > Well this suggestion was bound to happen... and no doubt will happen again.. and again.. and again.. until Anet gives in and provides Legendary items a stat boots to placate their players.

> > >

> > > Why delay the inevitable.

> > >

> > > Do I think this would be a massive train wreck, alienate huge portions of the player base, and cause massive fiscal loss to Anet.. yes.. yes I do.. but, lets get real, this request will never stop... so.. much like anything that is going to end badly., waiting will not improve the situation.

> >

> > Serious question

> >

> > Do you actually care about the health of the game or just a troll because the cynicism in your post is of the charts.

> > You probably should get a more positive outlook on life.

>

> I think a better use of your time would be directed this kind of question towards those that are always looking for ways to make the game worse overall, like.. the OPs

Well all the others already pointed out what a stupid idea it would be,

I don't think their was anything more to ad.

My question was more why you would go along with such a bad idea while you do love the game.