What's with all the guardians all of a sudden?

Kuya.6495

So with all the complaining about ventari and condi thf, you'd think that's what you'd see stacked in ranked, but today in almost every match i played, there were 2 up to 3 guardians per team. So did someone discover something about guard while i wasn't looking? People changing to guardian to counter ventari revs and condi thfs?

It's annoying cause i can't use my main because i have to counter comp all the time to provide my team with either support though tempest or a bunker buster necro if we already have an ele and they have revs, druids and engis.

Core guardian, especially mediguards or variations have more than enough condi clear to handle condi thieves. Their dps is very high, they have up to 4 blinds, stability and a block if running focus to avoid ventari rev ccs. That's why you'll see less and less ventari revs and condi thieves, in my opinion.

core guard with hammer or GS enter to this short meta due to valkyri and radiance trait line which give them 75% crit chance and high crit dmg. along side block and cleanse its more easy to play around with them.

their main focus is to do dmg and not counter thief or ventari although they can in someway

atm guards are so versityle class. condi, power, support, bunker , hammer, GS, scepter, sword. every piece of weapon and every peace of build can be used

Only Anet knows the exact number of Guardians were made during GW2 launch, HoT Launch, and now come PoF. The class type has always been popular in every MMORPG. I suspect we're just getting new and old players back into the game, with Guardian a quick pick among many. Heck, in the last month there's been a few threads of whether or not a person _should_ make a Guardian over X class.

Basically Anet screw up again...who would though that allowing a build with no investiment on precision been able to have 95% crit chance would be a bad idea. I am cool with core builds been brought up to same level of the elite specs, but they shouldnt do this by making even more power creep, right now this new radiance power guard is low risk/high reward, but maybe is what Anet have been aiming, make all builds super easy and super effective...I mean, ventari rev and condi s/d thief havent been touched since the last patch...guess this is the direction that Anet wants pvp to take, be the most brainded game ever made, that even a ape can play it.

I don't mean why guardians are in general favorites.

I mean that i have anecdoctally noticed an increase in guardians in ranked that i havent seen since about 2 or 3 league seasons ago.

I assumed it had something to do with the condi thfs and people wanting to counter them.

> @phokus.8934 said:

> Low risk high reward? They're pretty glass cannon when RF is on cooldown. Stay out of the symbols and you'll be fine.

Berzerker guard with his 11K HP is a glass cannon...Valk guard with 20K Hp is clearly not. You gonna tell me that this build aint carrying players hardcore thanks to his low risk/high reward nature? You dont think that all that the new radiance traits do to this game is add even more powercreep? Come on, at this point Anet should be nerfing stuff and not making these huge buffs.

> @Felipe.1807 said:

> > @phokus.8934 said:

> > Low risk high reward? They're pretty glass cannon when RF is on cooldown. Stay out of the symbols and you'll be fine.

>

> Berzerker guard with his 11K HP is a glass cannon...Valk guard with 20K Hp is clearly not. You gonna tell me that this build aint carrying players hardcore thanks to his low risk/high reward nature? You dont think that all that the new radiance traits do to this game is add even more powercreep? Come on, at this point Anet should be nerfing stuff and not making these huge buffs.

It still is. I play Guardian and know that just having 20k hp is still considered glass. When RF is on CD and you're using base virtues, you're easily cc'd into oblivion and dd pressure is going to kill you.

Is hammer core radiance really that big of a deal though? I've run into a few as symbolic marauder and have found that they are super easy to kite. just immob, drop symbols and pingpong them through test of faith a few times. they've been no threat whatsoever. maybe they are just a nightmare to other professions.

Because it's a broken class that allows players with low skill all the "panic buttons" they can handle and some more. Because they are invulnerable for a long time but they can still burn you to death in the meantime. Because they cleanse, teleport, condiburst, heal, block, block, block, block, block, invulnerable , invulnerable ...you get it.

There have been two guardians in a team for a long time, they never went out of meta, Anet loves the crap out of them and yet, they whine about their class 24/7. Seems to work pretty well.

> @Havok.6073 said:

> Because it's a broken class that allows players with low skill all the "panic buttons" they can handle and some more. Because they are invulnerable for a long time but they can still burn you to death in the meantime. Because they cleanse, teleport, condiburst, heal, block, block, block, block, block, invulnerable , invulnerable ...you get it.

> There have been two guardians in a team for a long time, they never went out of meta, Anet loves the crap out of them and yet, they whine about their class 24/7. Seems to work pretty well.

A warrior complaining about people bursting while invuln? Something seems fishy here.

> @Kerivek.5740 said:

> > @Havok.6073 said:

> > Because it's a broken class that allows players with low skill all the "panic buttons" they can handle and some more. Because they are invulnerable for a long time but they can still burn you to death in the meantime. Because they cleanse, teleport, condiburst, heal, block, block, block, block, block, invulnerable , invulnerable ...you get it.

> > There have been two guardians in a team for a long time, they never went out of meta, Anet loves the crap out of them and yet, they whine about their class 24/7. Seems to work pretty well.

>

> A warrior complaining about people bursting while invuln? Something seems fishy here.

You need to check your nose if you think endure pain with his whopping 2 seconds of invuln is comparable to what guardians have. I believe your sense of smell is a tad off :D

> @NotASmurf.1725 said:

> > @Amityel.5324 said:

> > hammer radiance guard need to be toned down its easy to play high dmg oneshots pple

>

> L2 dodge. Their burst has like 2 blatantly obvious animations at the same time and one of it requires charging for seconds.

Amityel has been spam posting about nerfing other classes since he's furious about the threads calling for ventari nerfs.

so don't take him too seriously

> @Havok.6073 said:

> > @Kerivek.5740 said:

> > > @Havok.6073 said:

> > > Because it's a broken class that allows players with low skill all the "panic buttons" they can handle and some more. Because they are invulnerable for a long time but they can still burn you to death in the meantime. Because they cleanse, teleport, condiburst, heal, block, block, block, block, block, invulnerable , invulnerable ...you get it.

> > > There have been two guardians in a team for a long time, they never went out of meta, Anet loves the crap out of them and yet, they whine about their class 24/7. Seems to work pretty well.

> >

> > A warrior complaining about people bursting while invuln? Something seems fishy here.

>

> You need to check your nose if you think endure pain with his whopping 2 seconds of invuln is comparable to what guardians have. I believe your sense of smell is a tad off :D

Endure pain is 4 seconds and defy pain is 2, totaling a max of 6 seconds of physical damage immunity. Renewed focus is 3 seconds and the guardian can only use instant abilities and they are slowed down. They are also immune to cc and condi application (but not condi ticks).

Both mechanics are well balanced so i dont see a reason for neither a warrior or a guardian to complain about either.

> @Havok.6073 said:

> Because it's a broken class that allows players with low skill all the "panic buttons" they can handle and some more. Because they are invulnerable for a long time but they can still burn you to death in the meantime. Because they cleanse, teleport, condiburst, heal, block, block, block, block, block, invulnerable , invulnerable ...you get it.

> There have been two guardians in a team for a long time, they never went out of meta, Anet loves the crap out of them and yet, they whine about their class 24/7. Seems to work pretty well.

So we're back to 30/30/30/30/30 build here.

Edit: I think Guardian is one of the classes that's actually "in a good spot" when it comes to PvP. This is because it has multiple viable builds and is not stuck running the same 2 things over and over. An example of this is Necro, no matter what he actually runs, condi cleanse will be useful. Meanwhile for Guardian, you don't know if he's power or condi, burst or sustain, team fighter or solo. Because Guardian can do so many different things (with different builds mind you) it is hard to slot pure counters to it and requires the other players to actually play instead of build wars.

> @Amityel.5324 said:

> hammer radiance guard need to be toned down its easy to play high dmg oneshots pple

Radiance guard does not 1shot.

Radiance build *is* a glass cannon due to lack of stability and/or stunbreakers. All you gotta do is kite us and not do blow for blow, we'll out damage you.

I recommend people actually trying the spec first before telling people how the build is played.