NO Path of Fire Christmas sale?

mykemyk.7456

I sorta feel they put it on sale by selling it for such a low price to start with. If they offered it for even cheaper this soon after launch, even for the holidays, the bah humbug would be the players screaming they were ripped off by paying for it earlier along with other players declaring the game is clearly failing thanks to this desperate "fire sale."

Expansions usually cost around this price range. So its not cheap for an expansions its just average. Any price range can have a sale. Black Desert online constantly has one even though its like $7-10$. Anyways i just wanted to lend my opinion saying that i think its really anti holiday to not even have a sale on the game when most other developers put their games on sale at this time.

You can get a 25% PoF discount coupon when buying the X-Mas bundle on Humblebundle. But you might get alot of stuff you don't want, and the bundle itself is about $30, so not a great idea if you only looking for PoF.

But don't forget even if you buy PoF at full price there's a free Living Season for you to unlock, as long as you login during the release of the chapters.

> @"mykemyk.7456" said:

> I'm surprised that there is no Path of Fire Christmas sale...It seems so "baaa humbug" and anti holiday cheer/spirit to me to not make a sale for it.. So many developers put their games on sale for Christmas. But nope not for Path of Fire.

Interesting

In contrast, I feel that it's a "baaa humbug" and anti-holiday cheer|spirit to expect discounts just because it's the season. PoF launched barely 3 months ago; it's a bit soon to reduce the price from $US30 and those who spent that much might feel scrooged if the price went down that quickly.

Instead, there have been any number of gem shop items that have been available at reduced cost this month. In addition, there are a number of changes to Wintersday this year that many people are celebrating: easier beginning to JP, grouping up for previously PUG-only Wintersday activities (e.g. Toypacalypse), and the new snowflakes ended up adding value to veterans.

I'm not against the idea. I just think it's a mistake to assume that game studios have to follow a particular path to show holiday spirit.

> @"mykemyk.7456" said:

> Expansions usually cost around this price range. So its not cheap for an expansions its just average. Any price range can have a sale. Black Desert online constantly has one even though its like $7-10$. Anyways i just wanted to lend my opinion saying that i think its really anti holiday to not even have a sale on the game when most other developers put their games on sale at this time.

>

>

I wonder how all those developers feel which have to get payed during the holiday season when people are asking for a reduction in price on their work not even 3 months after it was released (at an already very reasonable price).

You must have slept the last 5 years. MMO expansions usually go for 50$ and upward for most current MMOs. Not to mention most full price games are 60$ and upward nowadays.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"mykemyk.7456" said:

> > Expansions usually cost around this price range. So its not cheap for an expansions its just average.

>

> You must have slept the last 5 years. MMO expansions usually go for 50$ and upward for most current MMOs. Not to mention most full price games are 60$ and upward nowadays.

Purely as an inform, the only MMO's I know of that have paid XPac's besides GW2 are WoW (new price $49.99 US), ESO, (new price $39.99 US for PC) and FF XIV (new price $39.99 US).

> @"mykemyk.7456" said:

> I see now why GW is not progressing and just adding some mediocre expansions and "storys" and not a new GW3. So many excuses and people accepting whatever is given. Oh well. Voiced my opinion that is all I was here for.

Indeed, 'twill be a shame to share the fate of WoW, and only offer expansions (and a lot of free content) for years and years, and no _new_ game. Alas.