What version for new buy GW2?

Katoomba.6905

My friend saw me playing this game and now he is keen on purchasing it also. We tried to find where to buy it and price etc but all places are very vague. He thought if he bought the top choice of the latest version which is over 70 Dollars, maybe that has all in it or at least the opportunity to carry on with the latest version so we can play together.

Advice would be appreciated. What version to purchase to get full game? And where to get it (online shop seems to only have the latest two expansions)

You can play the base game for free which would allow him to play with you as much as he liked. After that he can purchase the 2 expansions via the gem store in game to get access to the new areas and elite specializations. These are only really needed at level 80 though. If however you wanted to buy the game straight away your best bet would be the shop on the official website. You can get the full base game and the Path of Fire expansion for £25 (33$). I personally wouldn't bother with any of the deluxe or special editions unless you have more money than you know what to do with.

If you buy Heart of thorns or Path of Fire you get the full Base game with it.

So to get everything the best option is to buy PoF and then use the option to add a discounted copy of Hot which comes up before you put payment info in.

If you just want the game you can just get the standard editions. The deluxe editions only have a few items as extras, no game content (and you can always buy them from the gem store later).

> @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> You can play the base game for free which would allow him to play with you as much as he liked. After that he can purchase the 2 expansions via the gem store in game to get access to the new areas and elite specializations.

You can not buy the expansions from the Gemstore using gems. You can buy direct from Anet on the website or a trusted seller. The Gemstore offers Deluxe upgrades to accounts that already own expansions.

I’d recommend buying HoT and PoF as a bundle, and spending on gems to unlock Living Story 2 and 3 entirely. He needs to get in game, free to play or not before the next Episode of LS4 comes out to unlock the current episode for free.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > You can play the base game for free which would allow him to play with you as much as he liked. After that he can purchase the 2 expansions via the gem store in game to get access to the new areas and elite specializations.

>

> You can not buy the expansions from the Gemstore. You can buy direct from Anet on the website or a trusted seller. The Gemstore offers Deluxe upgrades to accounts that already own expansions.

>

> I’d recommend buying HoT and PoF as a bundle, and spending on gems to unlock Living Story 2 and 3 entirely. He needs to get in game, free to play or not before the next Episode of LS4 comes out to unlock the current episode for free.

Yeah, you're right. My bad.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > You can play the base game for free which would allow him to play with you as much as he liked. After that he can purchase the 2 expansions via the gem store in game to get access to the new areas and elite specializations.

>

> You can not buy the expansions from the Gemstore using gems. You can buy direct from Anet on the website or a trusted seller. The Gemstore offers Deluxe upgrades to accounts that already own expansions.

>

> I’d recommend buying HoT and PoF as a bundle, and spending on gems to unlock Living Story 2 and 3 entirely. He needs to get in game, free to play or not before the next Episode of LS4 comes out to unlock the current episode for free.

this is correct and the best way for his friend to do this is. buy hot then buy pof basic . buy 2 gem cards for $50.00 on top of the 2 packs . which this is only sold online and their is no more boxes with discs or any thing like that. so they will have to be bought from places like game stop or amazon or the guild wars 2 store .

so all together that will cost ball park of $110.00 for both packs plus the gem cards if gotten from game stop and that is about the most cheapest place to get them online

The base game is free however, there are locked things you can’t do social wise. But the cheapest you will spend is 50 for both expansions. Which add much, much more content then just the base game. Don’t buy them individually but buy them in the bundle on gw2 site. I don’t know if gw2 is offering discounts soon or not so if you want cheaper you might be out of luck. Or if you don’t have 50. Get one of the expansions then later on, buy the other.

What you said sounds like you found a deluxe version online which is probably why it’s 70. However if you want to go that route for getting both deluxes would make 120 rather then 140. So don’t scammed thinking it’s that high. I paid 60 from gw2 site for prelaunch. So the price should be that. If you need help finding a place to buy, type in gw2. Click the first link that shows Guildwars 2. Then the top right shows shop and you will find a bundle. Get that or if you want you can get the deluxes per expansion.