Scythes

We don't necessarily NEED scythes as a new weapon, because as has been pointed out there are already staff skins that look like scythes – enemies in Istan are actually using a staff with a scythe skin like a scythe.

What would work is a new profession or elite spec that used scythes in melee like rev and daredevil do, with a scythe animation added like necros have.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> Greatswords took the spot that scythes had from the transition of gw1 to gw2. It is very unlikely they will be re-adding an actual scythe weapon in game, given the amount of skins they'd have to fill in. More likely (as they have done before) is that they will just add skins for staff and, in my dreams, greatsword too.

More like every melee weapon besides dagger took the spot.

> @"Chyanne Waters.8719" said:

> According to newer lore Palawa Joko had banned Scythes for the living people in his kingdom and to get rid of the Sunspears. So to not get caught with a Scythe the used them to make daggers to continue the fight. I cannot remember exactly where I read that I think it was in the game somewhere though.

Well, yeah, but they made up that lore to justify the game not having scythes. It can just as easily be unmade.

> @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> If they were to make scythes weapons, it'd be interesting for the weapon's auto to hit almost 360 degrees around the wielder. This would make it a unique weapon with a clear identity and purpose.

>

> Of course, chain weapons would be :triumph:

Well not that unique. Engi with a bomb kit is functionally equivalent.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > If they were to make scythes weapons, it'd be interesting for the weapon's auto to hit almost 360 degrees around the wielder. This would make it a unique weapon with a clear identity and purpose.

> >

> > Of course, chain weapons would be :triumph:

>

> Well not that unique. Engi with a bomb kit is functionally equivalent.

True. But still is a much better approach than merely saying "I want scythes because I want them!"